Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cats & Dogs

Comments

• Frustration  galore  so no real compensation for all the lost charms,  and it was misinformation on don't worry we are counting those  charms that you aren't seeing,  so now stay glued to the computer to take advantage of a special increased drop rate  this is just not fair, good business practice, something NICE GGS has turned it into something dreaded not working more trust lost more pleasure in the game gone.
  • nfdw (DE1)nfdw (DE1) DE1 Posts: 3
    Should the cat problems on gourmet farm be solved now?  Mine are not solved.  I have a tree but stuck on zero.  No charms to collect.  Please advise.
  • Very unhappy with the whole cat tree debacle.

I had a cat tree on my gf that required 2,600,000 charms that worked properly and I had collected 300,000+ charms for it. With your messed up update that cat tree was removed and I was forced to replace it.

I now have a cat tree that requires 670,000 charms that doesn't work. No charms are dropping from anywhere, nor are any being collected by the cat tree.

Since the cat tree's from before that were having problems were the ones that needed 670,000 charms, why in the world would they make that the one that is replacing all the previous working ones.

Someone up at ggs needs to get their heads out of their nether region and actually pay attention to what they are doing. Just when you think they can't make it any worse, they prove us wrong and muck up something else.

Quit trying to shove so much new stuff out and fix what is already out. You are destroying this game.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 04.11.2017

So my cat tree, with over 300,000 charms on it, is now gone. I will be forced to build a new one, which may or not work, and this is the "compensation"?

1) To make up for the issues with the cat trees being removed we will do something a little special to apologise. From the next update (planned for the week starting on 20th November), for 10 days we will run a special Cat Charm Madness! During this time cat charms will be more easily collected on the Gourmet Farm. Additionally, we will add a set amount of cat charms to the Gourmet Farm cat tree to give players an extra boost. This will be the same amount for all players.
    To take advantage of the extra charms you must have built the cat tree on the Gourmet Farm before the update that adds them. If you have not built the Gourmet Farm cat tree before then you will not receive the charms.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH GGS!!! My gourmet farm will remain WITHOUT a cat tree until I am FAIRLY compensated for my loss and there is an absolute guarantee it will work properly if rebuilt. I had been looking forward to the new, fourth, farm but now I'm dreading it will be as badly balanced and bug riddled as everything else in this game has been for the past year. For certain I will not be rushing to be one of your guinea pigs when it does finally show up.
    Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • Totally agree with all you said @farmgirlmimi43 (US1) rmim5000 (US1)"
  • The CAT TREE on my Gourmet Farm was working fine and I had almost 59000 charms when it disappeared. My account was credited for the $ amount I spent to build it in the first place; so rebuilt it and now a couple of days ago and now have over 1000 charms accumulated. They don't count up immediately as they were doing before the update - but each time I log out and back in, the ones accumulated during that session show up as counted. Just a MINOR inconvenience so I am anxiously awaiting the promised return the lost charms - in part or whole - and the Special Cat Charm event.
    My other two farms still have their CAT TREES and all the charms earned to date - though the same thing applies to the charms not appearing to be counted immediately and only show up when logging in after being logged out and then on again.
    The major difference is that the cat which comes with the tree (jumps in and out of the box) now just sits there and before the update, I had another  - I will say a 'stray' cat roaming around the farms. I miss that one as it just wandered around much like the dog does and was fun to watch. The one by the tree, would go a few steps from the tree then run back and jump in the box but does that no more. The more charms I got, the farther she went from box before running back and jumping in - so just wonder what was up with that. It was rather fun to see how far she would go before 'getting scared again'!
    So, everyone, quit complaining and get on with obtaining your cat. Seems the charms are adding up faster now since I rebuilt than before.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 04.11.2017

So, everyone, quit complaining and get on with obtaining your cat. Seems the charms are adding up faster now since I rebuilt than before.

Well unfortunately for some when the cat tree was rebuilt they were not able to collect charms at all.  The cat tree sits at zero even after reloading and when you collect from the compost, feedmill and restaurant, the charms are not even given to you there you get nada.

So for those that did obtain their cat, the charms are not adding up at all, so they are going to complain and they should complain otherwise GGS doesn't know that there is a problem :smile:  .

• Still not collecting charms on gourmet farm. Cat tree still on zero. When are you going to fix the fix that didn't fix?
  • HI Everyone,

A bit more news for you about what appears to have happened with the GF cats.
    • Before the hotfix -  Cats that required 670,000 charms, were not getting charms dropped, cats that needed other amounts were working correctly.
    • The hotfix was supposed to fix the problem with the 670K cats & remove them, so they could start again, but get charms this time.
    • What the hotfix appears to have actually done, is to remove all the cats & when you rebuild them, then now only need 670K  (even if they needed more before) & the the 670K cats are still not getting any charms dropped, so now, pretty much everyone is broken. :/
    So that hotfix was an epic fail - The team are working on getting it fixed & hopefully the the charm awards & booster will get everyone back on track. All we can do for now is wait & hope that the next fix actually fixes them.

Anyone that is getting charms dropped for any cat, but not seeing them being counted, the total will update when you relog.
  • angelical (US1)angelical (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    HI Everyone,
    • ...What the hotfix appears to have actually done, is to remove all the cats & when you rebuild them, then now only need 670K  (even if they needed more before) & the the 670K cats are still not getting any charms dropped, so now, pretty much everyone is broken. :/
    Anyone that is getting charms dropped for any cat, but not seeing them being counted, the total will update when you relog.
    my GF tree says needs 1.5M still- is it supposed to say 670K?  it is collecting but like you said when I relog it is counting
  • angelical (US1)angelical (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    would be nice if when they are fixed the cats would collect the bubbles the people pop up ;)
  • Dolphin (AU1)Dolphin (AU1) AU1 Posts: 117
    Absolutely amazing that mine was there until today. I logged on this evening and now it is gone. What great work. :(
  • HI Everyone,
    • ...What the hotfix appears to have actually done, is to remove all the cats & when you rebuild them, then now only need 670K  (even if they needed more before) & the the 670K cats are still not getting any charms dropped, so now, pretty much everyone is broken. :/
    my GF tree says needs 1.5M still- is it supposed to say 670K?  it is collecting but like you said when I relog it is counting
    @angelical (US1) That is great news, its nice to hear that someone actually has a cat on GF that is working! :)  No you do not want it to say 670K because then the charms would not drop, hang on to that cat, it is clearly a lucky one. :)
  •  @ angelical (US1) mine needs 2,600,000 but it is collecting
  • Meppi16 (SKN1)Meppi16 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 39
    Hi, some members of my coop have cat tree that doesn't work after hotfix. It shows 0 all the time (in GF). Mine is collecting, but shows it only when I log out and in again. Is there going to be some hotfix again which takes it away again? This is little frustrating to collect if it is taken away again.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 04.11.2017
    My cat tree is collecting charms. But it is very slow, I think they need to either decrease all the cat charms needed for buildings by at least 90% or remove the need for cat charms.

Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    edited 05.11.2017
    Hey guys - I came back to a missing cat tree on the gourmet farm.  Saw some of the discussion that we would be compensated the cost of building it and that we should rebuild it.  I rebuilt the cat tree, but still not getting any charms for collecting from the specified areas.  Is this totally not working now for collecting charms there?  Sorry if this is a repeat question, but couldn't locate the answer anywhere.  Also, the charms on the Gourmet Farm are not adding to the total and didn't see anything on that.  Thank you
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98
    Update - the charms are not counting on either the FF or MF, and no charms appear on the GF.  What's up?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Of course since the Team are off for the weekend, we need to wait.  WascallyWabbit is aware of our dilemma and will be contacting them Monday morning when they get back in to work.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @vtkady (US1) the charms are counting, you just have to log out of the game and back in to see the updated count. It is a known issue and hopefully they will fix it.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Having a cat charm madness for a week isn't good enough as compensation for taking our cat trees away. Does the cat tree even work after all charms are collected? I am still yet to hear about the rewards the cat offers so i'm assuming players either haven't finished it yet OR the feature doesn't work after collection. I hope its better than the dog because I can't see why we should put effort into finding cat charms only to have the cat reward us between 200-1000 corn, cabbage, apples, cherry, etc...waste of time and effort if thats the case!
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Mine disappeared too, so I rebuilt it - it shows the same bug mentioned above, not counting and only 670K as a total...  :'(

• Thanks guys, it is great to hear that some GF cats did survive, we had only seen posts saying about all the cats being gone, which was rather depressing, to say the least. :)

On the offchance that you all have more good news for us, did anyone rebuild their cat and get a collection amount that is NOT 670,000? If so, could you also say what the amount was the 1st time.
  • edited 05.11.2017
    I just rebuilt the GF cat tree.........collected one worker bubble with 2 charms, not counted......and only 2.6 MILLION charms to go!!  woo hoo!!  maybe I'll get a cat before I go on Social Security in 10 years, I dunno??........Also, the "everlasting harvest timer pop up bubble thingies" show up when you mess around with your decos and such like.........THAT is VERY annoying!!!!  Has anyone taken the time to FIX this BUG yet??  It happened also when I just built the cat tree!!  I have to log out and log back in EVERY time I want to move a deco!!!!  I'm a mover and tweaker, I love to re arrange my farm and put out new decos for season changes and holidays........it's very frustrating to have to reload the game for every deco placed!!!!    (After reloading the game due to the "deco bugg", I noticed that my 2 cat charms were counted.....lol, smh......egads)
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I am confused. I had my cat tree at the Gourmet farm the day before yesterday working slowly, but fine collecting charms.

It is gone now, no announcement/ info in game, no compensation (!) aaaand from what I understand I am too late to build a new one and receive the special benefits. ??

The last compensation I received was a Mystery boks days ago.

Why do we not get a mail in game when important things like removing the cat tree happens? Very few players read the Forum due to it being in English = info here does not reach the majority of non English speaking players. An in game mail would get their attention and they would seek help understanding it by fellow players.

So what am I supposed to do about the missing cat tree + no compensation + too late out to build a new one and get the special benefits?

Would appreciate an answer :smile:

Cheers 
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    If you had read the post above yours, you would have the answers to your questions!
    Btw you're not to late to build a new one, it's got to be built before the update on the 20th. :)
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Thank you, I read it first, but see now that I missed the part about update 20.nov. That is I speed read it and got 20. oct out of it. :blush:

But then there are the parts: 1) compensation. 2) announcement.

1) Was the Mystery box my compensation?

2) heh or did I miss a pop-up? There are times when there is no time to read pop-ups due to something that has to get done fast, info there goes amiss. Announcements of importance would be better sent as a mail in game! Making sure everybody knows whats going on. Sending out an in game mail should be as easy as creating a pop-up? Isn´t it?

Cheers :) 

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    You might have missed a pop-up or not read it completely, the mystery boxes were compensation for everyone for bugs in the game, the people who's cat tree was removed also got the farmdollars or gold used to build it.
  • MCWeaver (US1)MCWeaver (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    I purchased a new Cat House after they said that the glitch had been fixed and removed mine..Mine was working perfectly so it shouldn't have been removed, however, this go round I have that 670,000 and I have received no charms from anything..So what should I do now..Confused, as to whether it is fixed or not..and I have restarted, refreshed, rebooted whatever you want to call and it and still ZERO ..Please help..Thanks..:)
Sign In to comment.