Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 19th - Cooperative Hard Worker Event! - Discussion

Comments

• must add my voice to the chorus of those negatively impacted, and yes, angry, over this latest "hot fix"  :(

just this weekend (yesterday?) it was pointed out that problems were encountered (twice!) with starting the Halloween event and it would be postponed, before that, let's see....the test server couldn't get opened at the times announced, it took weeks to fix the broken dogs with the new kitties....shall we look back further??  Can you tell me even one thing the "developers" have done right in the past few months?

It's time for GGS management to take a hard look at their "development team" before they completely kill the game
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    To say I am annoyed is nothing to what I would like to say.  I don't usually take part in these events but was doing well (for me lol) so thought I would see it out to the end.  I had just finished 14hrs of apples and was on barley, but had to go out.  As I still had over 5hrs left until I needed to harvest again I thought I would be fine, so planted all my sp barley seeds so that I could use seaweed on them when I came home.  I now have 5 gardens full of sp barley but apparently there has been a hotfix and I now need to harvest lambs lettuce.  As I have no sp seeds for that crop it seems that I will be sitting out the remainder of this event.  Not a happy bunny !!!   
  • I don't understand how GGS can justitfy some of the things they do.  My whole co-op is frustrated right now.  They have every right to be.  The event came back with different produce then their individual event called for.  Planned ahead for items that are no longer needed besides.  Epic fail!!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    Where is the DEV TEAM now?

They where here when they got the idea for the hotfix. Now when everything is a mess all we get is SILENCE!

edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • They Hot Fixed and then went home because they KNEW their Hot Fix would 'fix' everything perfectly :wink:
  • I've just found out that my milk that should have been running for the last 4 hours has been sabotaged and the crops that I had lined up have changed.  My next crop is BARLEY. Do I waste my resources to continue or do I give up on the event and all the work put in so far?  I certainly won't consider doing it next time.  

It's a bad day and my level 97 horse has lost most of its races to lower ranking opponents,

I keep telling myself, it's just a game...it's just a game....
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • just have a thought for all those poor souls who probably loaded their funnels till tomorrow morning, who will not be online tonight,
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    To say I am annoyed is nothing to what I would like to say.  I don't usually take part in these events but was doing well (for me lol) so thought I would see it out to the end.  I had just finished 14hrs of apples and was on barley, but had to go out.  As I still had over 5hrs left until I needed to harvest again I thought I would be fine, so planted all my sp barley seeds so that I could use seaweed on them when I came home.  I now have 5 gardens full of sp barley but apparently there has been a hotfix and I now need to harvest lambs lettuce.  As I have no sp seeds for that crop it seems that I will be sitting out the remainder of this event.  Not a happy bunny !!!   
    Yes the same kind of thing happened to me.  Only mine was jasmine that had many hours to go before the next crate of wheat was next.  Yes, I planted 15 fields of long growing wheat and after wheat was lambs lettuce was after wheat so 9 gardens were planted with them. Only to find when I came back the hot fix fixed me for bad.  I used my last bag of seaweed humus to free up a wheat field to plant wildflowers then corn, and then dandilions...ugh. So like you, I am not a happy bunny!

Well I did what I said that I would never do - skipped the lambs lettuce with some of my hard earned gold :(  I just couldn't face waiting for over 2hrs for my sp seeds to be ready or 7hrs to harvest my normal lambs lettuce. I could have used seaweed on it but was so annoyed that I forgot about that lol .  Think there will be LOTS of very unhappy bunnies tonight. 
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Im done with this crappy event,I really regret using seaweed humus and fertilizer and dollars for my personal booster, stick it where it fits best GGS :#   wonder if if the Co-op champs will be as chaotic as this event was
  • Wait a minute!  What happened?  When I went to bed, my silo was processing jasmine and it should have lasted until just now before going on to rutas, but when I got up, the "drudgery silo" was like it was starting all over and wants now corn.  I am confused! :o:#:p:o:/  Has this happened to anyone else?  Is this thing broken or what? :o:#:o:(

The same happened to me...a good 8 hr sleep and first thing this morning I got interrupted for maintenance as I started rutabagas and when I could return my HWE started again but can't collect that first level 10 seaweed feed. geezsh! you guys think we can all play 24/7 and have tons of cash to continually play on gold!!! c'mon
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 23.10.2017
    GGS -- You can stick your hot fixes.  Since when have they ever led to anything but a hot mess.  EVERYBODY playing this event better get all of the prizes. Every single one of them. I KNOW I'm not the only one who threw a LOT of gold setting this finish up only to find the game reset.
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 23.10.2017
    Maybe it is time to call it a day, for obvious reasons i do not buy much gold, but do buy some because the game does need funding. I and a few other players have been up chatting until 4am , yes so we could get some points in the hard worker. This morning we speed the lab to get special seeds, we use humus, players "sparkle" other players farms. log on now and all wasted. After almost 5 years of the excuses we get told, my take on this HW problem is simple, GGS were testing it out, geez that is obvious, but it has not gone the way they planned and instead of the prospect of giving away loads of rewards, they've introduced a so called bug. They realised it was not working the way they planned when some player were getting 15 or more points per second for 10 hours , no gold being used, alarm bells rang, . I do NOT think the devs are stupid, quite the opposite, they know exactly what they are doing, and heaven help a CM who mentionssomething they should not.  o:)
  • I will be glad when HWE is over. It has been a nightmare from the very beginning, worse now. Another event I can stop playing.

• started the hardworker event, again, and task is still there as well as the reward.  Figure giving us the reward for restarting this event and ruining all the planning is the least they can do.
  • All the specials that were in - lost!!!!  Had to collect some to start new harvest - what a load of pure f... up
    Bet they do not reimburse us either.
    Bugs or not - they owe us big time - its their fault for doing fixes that do not fix anything.  Its about time they left things be until event over.  Or... sort out the ruddy bugs beforehand.

Every friggin time - its not on and they expect us to put up and shut up?????????????????

• Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    The silence from GGS is deafening. What did they do, hit the hotfix, see that it went wrong, and go home? Not even a word? Has any mod communicated with GGS at all since this has happened?
  • This coop HW is total mistake! There is no way to win GML ever again without using gold! My coop is so so angry. GGS really wants us to give up playing this game. Small coops has no chance. And that hot fix... Maybe it's better to shut up because I will say something really bad.
    NOT fair at all, dear GGS!!!!
  • This is why I will never spend gold with you guys. I had all my crops set up perfectly when you announced that you were doing a hot fix. I figured when you finally let us back in, it would be time for the barley which I wasted good fertilizer on. Then after that it was supposed to be cabbage so I used all the special seeds for that. I come back and at first it says I have 0 points at all but I had to restart my computer and came back and the points are back but it still acts like it is starting all over so now it is corn first and then dandelions which I just did before the hot fix. So all my barley and cabbage was a waste. I swear if you would mess up like this more, it would finally break my addiction for this game cause wasting time and not getting anything is frustrating as HE%%
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    again, I need to remind my teams, and people here.  ANY NEW THING this game rolls out WILL come buggy.
    It seems to be a given.
     Never ever ever spend your real hard earned money on it.   Or even your game goodies to push things.  Let the first draft of their broken junk run, let them "hot fix" it to death in a futile attempt to actually fix what was poorly designed and never tested to begin with, and maybe, just maybe, the NEXT time it rolls around they will have everything worked out.

Consider the first run of anything their shake out the bugs on us guinea pigs run.  Play it to get a feel for it but do NOT waste money on it.    

Why oh why do they even bother with a "test server???"  This sure never got a test.  Clearly. 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Reward? Did you get a reward when you started the hard worker event?

• Related image
    A hotfix is a term often used by a manufacturer or developer to describe a vital fix or correction in software. What makes a hotfix different than a patch is that they are created specifically for a customer's need and not distributed to the public.
    HOTFIX....hmm .... maybe they forgot to distribute it to their customers needs
  • You know (my opinion) I truly believe that each and every time that the "powers that be" has sought to fix this CCHWE, they should give every one of us farmers at least 100 bags of seaweed humus and 100 bags of seaweed feed and 100 bags of seaweed fertilizer. That way we could scramble to try to keep up the drastic changes of each "hot fix". :):o<3o:)
    There definitely needs to be some serious compensation for all.
    Amen, and Amen to that.  Maybe like every one getting the 1st place award as compensation!  o:):o<3
    Sounds fair if I also get the gold and seaweed back that I used to crawl up to 1st place in my group ;)
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Okay, I also lost 6 hours of barley with 5 gardens planted to extend the run, following products changed as well so that's a bummer.
    But there was another bug that I've only seen one person post about and that is that I got all the hard work rewards I'd earned before again. :)
    Unfortunately I hadn't reached the seaweed humus yet but the seaweed feed will come in handy so all in all I'm not that bothered about the fix, maybe because I did and do not see the benefit of spending gold in an event that will not give a good return for it so I didn't spend any.
  • Artmaker (GB1) said:
    Why oh why do they even bother with a "test server???"  This sure never got a test.  Clearly. 
    Maybe they are testing to check it is buggy enough before release? :D 
  • Lol well I have given up on this event now. PMSL I've even got the event pop up come up on the left side of the screen telling me the event is about to start!!!! (you know, the task thingy that is titled 'What Drudgery')
    To boot I had the crops for the next crates change without warning at some point in the last 24 hours...
    I dearly hope they change it back to how it was before and if they really want to make some improvement to it, why not split it into more leagues based on player performance (note I say performance and not level) because it is always the same players at the top and no one else gets a look-in at the best prizes. Nothing against those players but some of us have to work for a living and can't be on here 24 hours a day.

Oh and make it a 'gold free' event so it isn't just down to who can spend the most money (yes I know, that AIN'T never gonna happen...)
    Okay, I also lost 6 hours of barley with 5 gardens planted to extend the run, following products changed as well so that's a bummer.
    But there was another bug that I've only seen one person post about and that is that I got all the hard work rewards I'd earned before again. :)
    Unfortunately I hadn't reached the seaweed humus yet but the seaweed feed will come in handy so all in all I'm not that bothered about the fix, maybe because I did and do not see the benefit of spending gold in an event that will not give a good return for it so I didn't spend any.

Now that you mention it I did notice a lot of things flying up when I logged in but didn't really take much notice.  However it appears that I also received all the rewards again - very nice as I was running out of horseshoes and seaweed.  Don't know if it was intentional or not, but thank you GGS for this small offering. 
Sign In to comment.