Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 19th - Cooperative Hard Worker Event! - Discussion

Comments

• I have a co-op of hardworking, dedicated, generous players.  We expected a challenge in the co-op HWE but what we got instead is an event that has goals that cannot possibly be met.  I personally use gold, seaweed & special seeds, Boosters for all from co-op account, and have found that this challenge is too time consuming and overwhelming even for me!  Much too much gold needed, continually buying seaweed AND playing continuously ready to go to fill the next crate!   This is not a CHALLENGE, IT IS AN EVENT AIMED AT FAILURE!    (We all know who will win the top prizes & good for them!)    Now we are faced with the next co-op championship which will follow!  How about a break?   We need to replenish our resources and maybe get some sleep.  Love the game but disappointed & sad with the new HWE.  Will go back to my members and suggest we play only the events we choose and can afford.  Skip a few and just keep farming!      
  • fabytales (ES1)fabytales (ES1) ES1 Posts: 32
    Does someone know if the coop event ends Monday or Tuesday?

Thanks in advance.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    I have a co-op of hardworking, dedicated, generous players.  We expected a challenge in the co-op HWE but what we got instead is an event that has goals that cannot possibly be met.  I personally use gold, seaweed & special seeds, Boosters for all from co-op account, and have found that this challenge is too time consuming and overwhelming even for me!  Much too much gold needed, continually buying seaweed AND playing continuously ready to go to fill the next crate!   This is not a CHALLENGE, IT IS AN EVENT AIMED AT FAILURE!    (We all know who will win the top prizes & good for them!)    Now we are faced with the next co-op championship which will follow!  How about a break?   We need to replenish our resources and maybe get some sleep.  Love the game but disappointed & sad with the new HWE.  Will go back to my members and suggest we play only the events we choose and can afford.  Skip a few and just keep farming!      
    Or do we know who will win???  This broke down joke of a game has knocked us (Brat Pack) back twice and they knocked Bullseye back once that I know of. It's hard to know at this point what any real scores are and I don't think I can trust GGS numbers. 

It would be extremely nice if they would make sure these events work or are even possible BEFORE throwing everything they have at us. Not a way to promote gold sales!
  • FarmerMarkD (US1)FarmerMarkD (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    And now we have -189.119,215 points. We are going backwards VERY fast. Yep this is certainly a "fun" event.
  • I just wanted to mention. I am level 100 - 149.  I harvested 25 fields of Special Alfalfa with humus. This brought me to level 7 with only 20 minutes on the clock. Actually level 6 plus my 1 bonus point. So it cost me 25 SP alfalfa seeds and 25 bags of humus and for what??? 7 pps and only 20 minutes on the clock.  Another batch of 28 fields of SP Alfalfa and humus brought me to level 9 with 6 minutes left on the clock and 4,854 alfalfa needed for level 10.  Another 17 Sp alfalfa and 17 bags of Seaweed feed finally brought me to level 10 (includes my 1 point bonus) with ONLY 4 minutes on the clock. This all took about 35 minutes total and BAM it was over and my clock stopped running ... no more points.  70 SP alfalfa seeds, 70 bags of humus, and 17 seaweed feed all within 35 minutes and poof it was over.  I didn't even get any popups for prizes during that time.  I quit during cabbage for a reason ... I am not going to sit on this game for 3 days straight non-stop using up all my resources and harvesting over and over and over for garbage prizes. 
    yup right i think using my resources like seaweed and gold or special seeds etc in this hwe will make me weak as i m loosing thinks more then  i m getting this things and if i use dollar in this hwe than how i will improve my farm because requirement of gold and dollar is high so i cann't use it and if this hwe come again and again soon i will become very weak player if i try to get max gift and in old hwe i need to give extra time to get gml then for achieving in this hwe i have to play 24hr which is impossible for anyone so its clear that to get gml is impossible and seeing  the scores i feel max people think same and they r not playing hard in my server my co-op is at top 10 without any extra effort by any player and our co-op is not fully developed.............

i hope there will be change in hwe soon and hope hwe requirement will as earlier than was more better otherwise soon players will become bore.................
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 23.10.2017

So can we get a prize for the best backward score???

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    WAY too complicated, 
    WAY too expensive,
    Way too screwed up (as usual with every new thing added here.)
    WAY too UNfun  (applies to anything I have to come to the forums to detangle and find spreadsheets for.
    NOT why I play this game.)

And why oh why do they insist on rolling these things out over the weekend?  The ONE TIME I may be with family.   Can't they EVER roll something new out on a Monday?   Go back and forth so everyone can put in some time.   (not that I would.  I really never cared for any of the hard worker events.)
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • Sa11y (US1)Sa11y (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Same thing happened to us and other co-ops. GGS will do what they do to get it straightened out.  You'll wake up in the morning and all will be back close to normal-whatever normal is anywayzzzzz.
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • bettina (US1)bettina (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 23.10.2017
    Okay, so I know that TPTB have raised the required points for rewards "because of the bonus point system," but if a person starts the HWE right at the moment it becomes available, in order to reach the highest number of points and get ALL the rewards, a player would have to be getting 290 points per second. THAT'S FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.  Even with boosters and bonus points, I'm not even sure that's possible (although, I haven't run THOSE number, because seriously, what's the point. I would have to spend so much gold in order to hit level 10 on everything immediately, not to mention staying up for 4 days in a row to keep everything going...).

I used to be able to just barely make the 1,200,000 points to get the gold mining licenses in the normal HWE, but in this "new and improved" version, the GML now requires 8,000,000 points which would require 23 points FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. Once again, too far out of reach to even hope for.

I hope the regular HWE is not changed to this. If so, the last event I actually enjoy playing will be gone.    :(

Oh, and one more thing... Cat charms as rewards in the HWE? Really? Replacing the GML at 1,200,200 points??? Ugh. I wish we could turn off cat stuff and have alternate reward switched out for them. Another useless reward.

Posts merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    And yet our members make up 25 of the top 50 players. Great job GGS. You did a great job of "fixing" this. Oddly, the coops who were #2, #3, #4, #5, etc. are not experiencing  this problem. Why the Brat Pack?
    @FarmerMarkD (US1)

If if makes you feel any better Mark, I watched Victory Ridge have the problem yesterday.. They were going up and down like a Yo-Yo.  So was Brat Pack, but not at the same time.. It'd be one, then it'd be the other..

I'm sure the other Co-Ops have experienced it as well, I just didn't pay any attention to anyone else while I was watching.  Only reason I noticed VR doing it is because you two were leapfrogging each other in the rankings, BP's score would go up, VRs would go down.. Then VRs would go up, BPs would go down (I'm talking like loosing 100,000-500,000 points at a time, not just 10 or 20).. It was weird.  I tried to get some screenshots of it, but by the time I thought about it and got the screenshot program ready to go, the problem stopped and everything looked "normal" for the next hour or so.. Then I quit watching. :)

When the problem does happen, it seems to happen in a pretty big way.  BP was down to -722 Million when I looked about 30 minutes ago, now ya'll are going UP again, at -720 Million (so you've gained 2+ million from earlier).

I'm hoping that Wabbit is correct in saying that it's just a display issue, and the scores are still being calculated correctly on the server-side.. Guess we'll find out in a few hours as GGS staff trickles in and takes a look at it. :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Oh, and one more thing... Cat charms as rewards in the HWE? Really? Replacing the GML at 1,200,200 points??? Ugh. I wish we could turn off cat stuff and have alternate reward switched out for them. Another useless reward.
    You can switch out the cat charm rewards for ... wait for it ...20,000 dollars ... whoopie .. I can make more than that doing a daily mission ...
  • vesna1 (INT1)vesna1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 33
    edited 23.10.2017
    Wait a minute!  What happened?  When I went to bed, my silo was processing jasmine and it should have lasted until just now before going on to rutas, but when I got up, the "drudgery silo" was like it was starting all over and wants now corn.  I am confused! :o:#:p:o:/  Has this happened to anyone else?  Is this thing broken or what? :o:#:o:(

Yeah, twice.  The first was when I had an hour and a half left on the clock, came back 5 minutes later and it had moved on to the next product.  The second time, I had eggs next in line, but then they disappeared and were replaced by rutabaga.  I have thrown the towel in on this thing.
    Yes I had a similar thing happen. I had apples running till morning and rutabagas and eggs coming up. but when I woke up this morning apples were over and it was calling for wheat.  and I harvested ten fields of wheat and got 2 points per second for 2 hours.  I dont know whether to laugh or cry.
    Something similar happened to me, my friend left me to take off his apples and should last for 15 to 8h, but when I got in about half  to 6h , the rutabaga was on 0 points  and counted for 2 hours... PPL :((((((((((

I am a huge fan of HWE. Almost never missed it and always managed to get GMLs.
    I was looking forward for new coop version.
    And.... here it is !!
    Great idea , BUT very poor performance. When I put aside all technical problems, all that was left is a BAD MATHS.

1. personal part of HWE
    Why should we bother? Rewards are worthless and mixed-up.
    for example -reward for 1.2 mil. points -20,000 dollars. really?
    section for level above 151 - 3GML for 8 mil. point
    lower brackets , up to level 150-  2GML for 8 mil. points
    WHY?
    I have read somewhere, that this event was well prepared and all products were carefully chosen and amount asking for filling the funnel was set up for everybody to reach.
    This is not true. 
    I am running my funnel at speed 34 per sec.( Yes, I am using both boosters.)
    And I don't believe I can reach 8 millions.
    No way to look for higher rewards. 100 mil. ? haha
    never mind, they are even so worthless

2. coop part of HWE
    WHY should any coop participate in this event?
    All rewards were set-up for first 10 places.
    All small coops were automatically eliminated from competition.
    Where are hard work rewards for everybody, like we have in the CC ?
    Why use coop boosters ? It is only worth it for top 10 coop. If they are lucky and see their coop ranking correctly.

3. Boosters... again bad math
    Everything what have been done, is a COPY of CC boosters. It is too expensive !!!

4.Last question.
    What will be next?
    after CHWE ends, new coop championship should start.
    And in the next minute when CC ends, again CHWE ?
    Are you really expecting from us to play non stop 12 days?
    And we have used our coop funds for boosters all the time?
    I did not even mention our personal accounts....
    Why we don't have any info about what will be next?
    Because this can't be taken seriously

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So, a total failure.

give us better rewards-more boxes but with less chance for gold or GML!

and i want to say one more thing:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Posts merged | Cuddly
  • sally456 (US1)sally456 (US1) Posts: 196
    edited 23.10.2017
    Somehow, I have the sick feeling that GGS is gonna say behind closed doors.. [Removed].. ha ha ha

It's a real shame, I've enjoyed the farming aspect of the game, but to pull this kind of fiasco is irresponsible and will end up pushing even more players away.
  • why are you making a nice game into a full-time job?
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    edited 23.10.2017
    Does anyone know when (approximately) CHWE will end? After how many hours?
  • This is the first time I wished an event was over. Good idea, poor execution. Takes way too many points to achieve prizes and the points accumulate too slow. You have to be on the computer all day to keep filling the silo. The more you fill the more you lose. You either have the hrs at 1 sec or you can fill the silo and see your time reduced dramatically. This is way too much trouble. This is a co-op and farm money drain. This needs to go back to the drawing board.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 23.10.2017
    I expect it to run until 10.00 on tuesday  24-10 CEST. That's when the first HWE appeared for a few minutes. 
  • I am hoping that when the big boss sees all the complaints about this event, they will go down on their knees and beg for mercy but i very much doubt that, perhaps awarding everyone with a nice prize e.g a duck dandy pond or replenish our humas seaweed feed and gold, or bring back the DSF so we can purchase land again, but i guess we will get the same story from them as we always get, oh and did u notice coop starts in 29hrs and counting
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 23.10.2017
    Seeing how this coopHWE is set up, it is not a coop HWE at all. It is just a (ruined) regular HWE with a second ranking added, where all individual scores are added up.

If GGS wants to make a coopHWE, it should be the other way around.
    The coop should get crates they fill together and the 50 hardwork rewards should be coop rewards. And then the individual scores should be listed second (as now the coopscores are).

Apart from all bugs that should be fixed a.s.a.p.  that is how I imagine a coopHWE.
    It is really stunning how adding a second (coop) scorecard and a boosterbutton to the HWE can be so riddled with bugs.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I expect it to run until 10.00 on tuesday  24-10 CEST. That's when the first HWE appeared for a few minutes. 
    I'm hoping you're right, in the end it started on the 20th at 20:00 CEST, that would mean until tuesday 20:00 CEST and we'd have CHWE and CC running at the same time :o
  • sjanni (SKN1)sjanni (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 20
    where is the pumkins ? none on any of my farms
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    edited 23.10.2017

Other changes

• The rewards for the Halloween event have been exchanged with new and more rewards

Presumably, this means the pumpkin hunt that appeared on my farm. However, there are no pumpkins on any of my farms.

?!?!

... and now it's gone.

Quick work! :)

Posts merged | Cuddly
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    halloween event got scrared...:))

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 23.10.2017
    I recalled something today... I recalled an article about Japanese factory that had to raise price of their ice cream, first time after 25 years. All the managers, together with the factory workers, bowed down as a sign of apology to their customers, because they couldn't find a way to keep the prices at the same level anymore.
    You can see it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_2a_N4WVqg

Why am I mentioning this? Because has hit the fan! I don't blame programmers or someone else, but I do blame those in charge! They are ones responsible for all of this. They put the pressure on their coworkers and they demand release of the product that is not finished yet.

Why is the reaction from those in charge non existent??? There was such an outrage after the deep fishing fraud. We players were completely ignored and only thing that we've got were some lame excuses. I can only imagine how our forum moderators must feel when they have to serve us such bunch of ty excuses.

I'm aware how complicated it is to insert a new code into existing when you have so much of code already and when it happens that someone new that has to take over, oh boy, that's horrific, because it's similar to someone writing a book and you have to continue writing it.
    It requires a lot of time to introduce new content and though I cheer for new content, let's be real. It takes time to introduce something new. So, either you pay few extra team members to work faster on future game development, or give those currently employed, enough time to work properly on future upgrades.

That said, I EXPECT similar video from those in charge of GGS! I think that I can say that I talk in the name of great number of players when I say, WE WANT PUBLIC APOLOGY!

Proba over and out.
    @proba (INT1) don't say that much truth they can't afford that much as this shows the excuses we worked this hard and we got this lol

@WascallyWabbit what u sauy we were on ist and now haha

Posts merged | Cuddly
  • Hi all,
    I signed in to the game and the Halloween event started. I was already collecting candles. Now the window comes up saying that I did not find enough candles or pumpkins and if I want to finish I can pay with gold. Did anyone else have this issue!

So does that also mean that I have now lost the candles that I had already collected and need to start over again?! 

Kindly,
    Chinesedragon
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    I hope it will end soon  (wihs it was yesterday)  ;):*:)
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Hi all,
    I signed in to the game and the Halloween event started. I was already collecting candles. Now the window comes up saying that I did not find enough candles or pumpkins and if I want to finish I can pay with gold. Did anyone else have this issue!

So does that also mean that I have now lost the candles that I had already collected and need to start over again?! 

Kindly,
    Chinesedragon
    Same here. Logged on, had only been away from the computer about four hours. Collected a few candles when a window pops up saying I did not collect enough candles. What Happened? 
Sign In to comment.