Home EN General Discussions & Questions

my runabout boats are not upgrading

i've upgraded the little ones & yet they still only catch 14 fish.  the window says 18, or 20 with a cooler, but they never catch more than 14.  can this be fixed please?

Comments

• Make sure your fish-per-hour will allow your boat to fill in the fishing time available.
  • i've upgraded the little ones & yet they still only catch 14 fish.  the window says 18, or 20 with a cooler, but they never catch more than 14.  can this be fixed please?
    Have you tried adding more fish per hour people to your crew? There is an article on that somewhere in these discussions - something about using more than one crew member for time and per hour, etc. I don't remember the name or who did it, but it contains charts for getting the most fish from each boat with the least amount spent. None that I saw included 'buying' the protection against fishing hazards either. My personal opinion on getting the protection items is that at best it is a crap shoot as if you get one, you are bound to 'lose' fish to something else! Just a waste of $ I feel!
    Hopefully this will help you in some way.
  • thanks for the info, but no, that doesn't do anything.  am already using multiple people, the boat doesn't catch as many as it says it should.  it catches the original amount before upgrades.  i've upgraded it a couple of times & it had no effect on the amount of fish caught
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    The smallest boats only fish for 42 minutes, so 18 fish per hour would be about 14 in 42 minutes.
    If you want to catch more you could add crew to extend the fishing time. :)
  • The smallest boats only fish for 42 minutes, so 18 fish per hour would be about 14 in 42 minutes.
    If you want to catch more you could add crew to extend the fishing time. :)
    sorry i didn't respond to this sooner...  it's now working, & i get the max amount of fish.  no idea what was wrong before, but it's nice to know that 1. i was doing it right, & 2. that there are such helpful ppl here.

thanks
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    That depends also on what crue you put into the boats. Empty boats bring back low amount of fish. When you upgrade boat, the max amut of fish increases, but it is no help if you do not add hish per hour crue to the boat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file