Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 19th - Cooperative Hard Worker Event! - Discussion

Comments

• Why is there not a gauge that shows us how many of whatever  we need to advance to the next level...??  In it's place is an "indicator" that shows you bonus points instead...totally useless....mine says +0 ... lol...something tells me, mine is going to stay that way  :|  

So I ask you all....are we having fun yet..??  Image result for having fun pics
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Just hover your mouse over the silo, it will give you the amount of product needed for the next level
  • ggs had fiks it a bit but not everything. we got some points back but not all the points. please can you do somethinh about is ggs 
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    How are we going to reach 100 mill points?
    Not sure if lasts 3 or 4 days soo:

72 hours, thats 4320 minutes and thats 259200 seconds.

100,000,000/259200=385.8

You need 385.8 points per second at all time inorder to reach the final reward thing.

4 days:
    96 hours,5760 minutes and thats 345600 seconds
    100,000,000/345600=289.4
    You would need 289.4 points per second if it was 4 days.

How would this be possible??

Buy about 1 million gold worth of boosters????
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Like I said, I would give the new CHWE a chance.  It actually sounded a bit exciting.  However after taking the time to play, there is NOTHING exciting about it. It is a major scam to burn up resources, farm dollars,  and gold.  It is extremely more difficult than it was before.  I was ranked 18 yesterday and climbing (I started a bit late because it wasn't actually announced, they simply said ... ok, it should be running now, nice notice to everyone).  Anyway after reaching rank 18, I realized I cannot pretend I do not have a life, I cannot pretend I do not have to eat, sleep or use the bathroom, and I cannot pretend that I do not have to leave my house for 3 days straight and I am certainly not going to plan my daily activities around a game.  All of my baskets were crops except for 1 which was eggs.  I have 29 duck coops. I believe 1 went only 1 hour with eggs.  The crops ... you literally have to sit there and plant over and over and over and over.  You cannot walk away from the PC, you cannot even sneeze.  When I reached level 18 I did get cabbage which was slightly better (40 minutes) but still kept me chained to my PC (40 minutes is not much time to do anything worthwhile).  It was also at this point I was able to crunch the numbers a bit. I will spare you the horrible results and simply wish everyone else good luck with trying to get the prizes. It was also at this point I was able to see the prizes. In comparison with the effort necessary and the resources required, they are EXTREMELY undesirable prizes.   It was at that point that I got up from my PC and walked away. I am done with this event of pure greed.  

I am all for the little guy and always have been.  I would like to know how a low level player or a small coop has any chance what-so-ever in this event??????  Although there are divisions for players, how does it benefit a level 36 player to have to get 8,000,000 for the GMLs???? This is the exact same amount for all players. There are no coop divisions which simply means the usual coops will be in the top rankings. The coops will get more prizes to make their farms even stronger and the vicious cycle will continue. 

I am not even sure I blame GGS at this point.  I feel it has a lot to do with the players that are continuously throwing gold at these events, even when they are broken. 

This is no longer a casual, relaxing farming game.... it has become an exhausting, competitive money pit.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Anyone else having timer issues? I had an hour and a half left on rutabaga (yes, I double checked), left for just a minute and came back to find it had moved on to corn.  Curiouser and curiouser.

• Well the co-op hwe sounds good if you have a lot of co-op members I have nine slots in our small co-op, seven of them are filled by close family members, We have four active members who play some everyday during the week, and play a lot more on the weekend, we carry three players who play occasionally or rarely two are younger and the third is well he is what he is... So that means I have two opens slots I can't keep filled, why? because all I seem to get are low entry level players who play for a week or two if I am lucky then disappear with no word, they don't want to communicate???????????  So our little co-op doesn't stand a snowballs' chance in he!! of winning anything, why bother even participating????? 

I'm so glad it's not just the GB server has that going on lol I have the same scenario regarding joiners who seem incapable of speech then don't play, why join a coop I ask myself everyday
    Please know that I mean absolutely no offense by this but, if you have members who do not contribute to your co-op or just don't play after joining, or you are "carrying them' by playing the farms for them, and you want your co-op to be able to compete in these kind of events, don't keep those people in the co-op.
    Co-op Leader has the option to exit them and bring others in that will help out where it is needed. There are a lot of people playing who would be happy to join a progressive co-op, even if the co-op has just been formed and that is the way they want it to go. It will take a bit of time for it to happen but ...It will happen!! :)
    I know this because I have just recently left a very well established Co-op, to Join a relatively new Co-op and it was a great move. I am very happy with the choice I made. We did have a few that came and went and that's normal I think!  It has kept me playing Big Farm actually. We now have a great Team and we always communicate with eachother & strategize on what to do and how to go about everything (in game) , we have come far in the few months that I have been there. It also helps that we have a Great Co-op Leader! :) 

No offence taken here, I like to give small levels a chance just wish they would say if they don't enjoy game and are giving up.
    I agree...I have that same problem trying to rebuild our Co-Op...new anti-social people join, no communication, collect gold and do nothing...bye-bye. Of a team of 17 members we recently lost 4 to cancer over the past year; 4 others in the red have been hit by Tornadoes, Floods and Fires in the southern states so have no home,no internet service to be able to play and have some fun. We were a very close socialized group of friends that started this co-op over 5 years ago, a mature bunch of ladies and just don't have the bother for the cheek & bad manners from the younger kids. I took a few lower levels to help them out but it was too much like baby-sitting. Most were kids (meh) Anyway, just gave-up asking & looking for members. Being down to 3 people, we just like to piddle about as there is too much focus on competition rather than playing & enjoying your farm at the time you can commit between work and family. I reviewed those new members looking to join co-ops but they want to play a few minutes hereNthere over a couple of weeks, nah-dah...those rules for Cooperative 101 with GGBF Tutorials, especially the expectations of joining a co-op should be posted very clearly on that thread. The purpose of a co-op is fellowship and teamwork.
  • Yep...it has happen to me also artful (US1) ...   I thought sometimers was taking a crack at me   :#   

Image result for senior moments pics  
      two more days and I can forget this event ever happened   B)        
    Yep...it has happen to me also artful (US1) ...   I thought sometimers was taking a crack at me   :#   

Image result for senior moments pics  
      two more days and I can forget this event ever happened   B)        
    LOL!  Except this time it wasn't my memory.  I specifically checked to see how much time was left on the timer -- and it wasn't my eyesight, either!  :)
  • CrazyArthur (US1)CrazyArthur (US1) US1 Posts: 79
    edited 22.10.2017
    I think, HWE is ruined by being a coop activity, it was perfect as it was as an individual activity. Not only that, telling us that this new event will facilitate the achievements is a lie, I was doing a lot better before the update as implement barley and wheat is really hard for low levels players than me. We dont even see an advantage to use the new boosters they add, how the booster works and how can we see if it's working? no one can say. Cant even reach level 3 activity with 7 apples orchard, common...that's serious?

I hope they changed their mind and put it back the way it was.
    Error happens, just need to be corrected.
    Post edited by CrazyArthur (US1) on
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    In the old HWE, I got a 4-point pack in apples with my first harvest.  With this HWE, I get a 2-point pack.  Yeah, these are a LOT easier to fill, BigFarm.  Now tell me another one...
  • My booster for 10 hrs has disappeared; all I can do is use the 1 hr. booster.  What happened to my 10 hr. booster?  I'm willing to pay for it.
  • Jenni 1 (AU1)Jenni 1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    My booster for 10 hrs has disappeared; all I can do is use the 1 hr. booster.  What happened to my 10 hr. booster?  I'm willing to pay for it.
    you need to buy the 1 hour booster first then the 10 hour will show up
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    After almost 2 days of playing this event running a number of different items through the crates its confirmed GGS's claim of re-balancing numbers to make filling crates easier is a LIE. Most of us anticipated this anyway (lets face it, everything GGS has re-balanced in the past was ruined) but its bad to see it come to fruition. This isn't the first event GGS has ruined and it definetely won;t be the last. How long till we get a Coop HW wheel or a Coop HW buy points hot deal??? 
  • My booster for 10 hrs has disappeared; all I can do is use the 1 hr. booster.  What happened to my 10 hr. booster?  I'm willing to pay for it.
    you need to buy the 1 hour booster first then the 10 hour will show up
    Oh I see.  I had already bought the 1 hr booster and had bought the 10 hrs booster.  That sure does take a bunch of $'s.  Oh well, I guess I won't be buying any more boosters
  • is anybody having there coop points total going down ?
  • PCA (GB1) said:
    I have mix feelings about this update

Another coop event: so far everyone has been complaining about the frequency of CC. The more players complained the more the frequency increased, which shows, among other things, that messaging on forum is useless

Players have already predicted that the frequency of CC will keep increasing, even to a permanent race, like the village league

This coop HWE is exactly that, a prologue to a permanent competition.  HWE has been doubled with the Fish-HWE, then it has been launched ahead of time

In total CC is more frequent (even before Cooptober) and HWE way more frequent than it used to be.

After tomorrow's update we have the next step, two coop events with no time in between, 8 days in a row, 2 weekends included.

I predict more people will be leaving the game 

Yup!! Right
    and this time requirement is so high for gml that i m sure i will not get it so not puting any effort in hwe............ : ))
  • This event is a joke! Requirements are ridiculous and there are coops in the negative millions! Yet, they want to sell us more gold so we can waste it on their crappy event! Can't they ever get ANYTHING right anymore????
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Oh wait, this is a Halloween prank on the players! Going to backfire when the players revolt and turn the tables. I have plenty of ideas on how to prank them back....starting with not buying any more gold to fill their pockets when they don't fix things and think the players are too stupid to catch on to what they are doing
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Apples or jasmine would probably give you that time but not the conventional way. If you could get either of them up to 5-6 points per second and have 4 bonus points to go with it that and perhaps a small booster either coop or personal then you would get 10pps + for that period of time. The problem is that bonus points will require you to hit 10pps on other items which has become difficult with the "re-balancing". Even with 31 fields its a struggle getting there unless seaweed is used.
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    edited 21.10.2017
    @FarmerCli (US1)
    I'm pretty sure the harvest you're looking for doesn't exist.  And especially not with this new "improved" version of the HWE.  Under the old one you could get 6 to 10 hours of a 7 or 8-point pack with, as I remember, apples, milk, jasmine.  Maybe barley.  But with the old one, when you hit a 10-point pack, the time you lost was drastic - so when you hit 10 pps you'd be cut down to just a small fraction of the packing time left.  I'm pretty sure the only way to get the harvest you want is by spending loads and loads of gold.

When you do get apples in this new version, you'll be disappointed.  If you've got 12 or more apple orchards, you'll get a 2-point pack for 12 hours.  When you then get above 4-point pack, you'll be cut to about 9 hours.  I don't know what it would take (other than gold) to even get to a 10-point pack, but I guarantee the time left would be short.
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @FarmerCli (US1)
    I'm pretty sure the harvest you're looking for doesn't exist.  And especially not with this new "improved" version of the HWE.  Under the old one you could get 6 to 10 hours of a 7 or 8-point pack with, as I remember, apples, milk, jasmine.  Maybe barley.  But with the old one, when you hit a 10-point pack, the time you lost was drastic - so when you hit 10 pps you'd be cut down to just a small fraction of the packing time left.  I'm pretty sure the only way to get the harvest you want is by spending loads and loads of gold.

When you do get apples in this new version, you'll be disappointed.  If you've got 12 or more apple orchards, you'll get a 2-point pack for 12 hours.  When you then get above 4-point pack, you'll be cut to about 9 hours.  I don't know what it would take (other than gold) to even get to a 10-point pack, but I guarantee the time left would be short.
    I used seaweed fertiliser to get to 10 points per second and it took about 75000 apples to get from level 9 to level 10. It was definitely not worth it, including the other levels I used about 1000 seaweed fertiliser to reach level 10 for the bonus point.

The points are much harder to get now, I can only realistically ever get up to 6 or 7 points per second for most items now.
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    Are there any apples or milk in this HW?.  I've had eggs once and the rest has all been field stuff.  Never thought I would yearn to see some apples.
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Are there any apples or milk in this HW?.  I've had eggs once and the rest has all been field stuff.  Never thought I would yearn to see some apples.
    I have apples coming up next.  So far, it's been rutabaga followed by cabbage and back to rutabaga.  Absolutely no fun at all.
  • Are there any apples or milk in this HW?.  I've had eggs once and the rest has all been field stuff.  Never thought I would yearn to see some apples.

I've had apples. Ten level 7-8 orchards = 2 points per second for about six hours.

edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
Sign In to comment.