Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cats & Dogs

Comments

• amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    My two dogs (from the farms without a cat tree), have finally returned home ... And they no longer turn white when being trained, either.
    Now I'm just waiting to see whether they are back to digging up treasure for me again, and all will be swell.

I missed seeing those two roaming around the farm  ... so yay, and thank you -  from me, and Spot and Pepper  :D  
  • Hi buddy good doggie!! You don't turn white any more!  And you found me a present???  

Want your belly scratched???  

Such a good boy! Let's go check on your cousins Rooster and Roxie
  • My dog is back!  It wasn't on my Gourmet Farm this morning but now it is back roaming around and it gave me a reward.  :)

I still need to play for two more years in order to collect enough charms to activate my cat tree but at least I have my dog back!  :p
  • Susan232 (GB1)Susan232 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 42
    My cat on GF is still showing 0/670,000 needed or pay gold. However, the dogs are working again.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    ME TOO...SAMMY IS BACK...Thank you Techies...you're work is fabulous...no more changing to white while training; back to scampering about the farm; even better digging like a whirling dervish ... I just knew you Techies were going to accomplish this mammoth feat and you did...THANK YOU.
    Oh sorry amandaps for not mentioning your name; I got so excited when I saw Sammy's return...have a great day with Spot and Pepper.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Got the dog back, but no gifts, even after feeding.

artful...have only lvl5 doghouse so the gifts it drops aren't big, but they are coming after I fed him...could be just slow for the bigger stuff...hope it comes back for you to again enjoy/benefit from...happy happy happy that dog is back...still not going for the cat although I have cats and like cats, but the #s of charms to entice cat to stay are out beyond the universe...I have patience (tinged with frustration at waiting) but those #s would really tax regular patience I have now... :)
  • Hey all,

The fixes for Cats & Dogs were planned for the next update (as announced) but we did know there was a slight chance the dogs would be fixed on this one, we just didn`t want to get your hopes up, in case the fix didn`t work.

Delighted to hear that the dogs are back doing doggie things, fingers crossed for the cats for the next update. :)

• sunnyside5 (INT1)sunnyside5 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 12
    At all farms the dog and cat work together. If you want the dog to work, build a tree for a cat.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Just wondering if they are going to change 4.5 million charms needed to get my cat?? It's an extreme amount to get considering the amounts we are getting from the mills etc. are minuscule amounts in the game. It will take........ever to get the cat???
    #WantMykitty #NeedMykitty #Kittysoonplease  :)
  • At all farms the dog and cat work together. If you want the dog to work, build a tree for a cat.
    umm, i don't think that is quite right.....
    I don't have any cats, and my doggies are finally back to working again.

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Just wondering if they are going to change 4.5 million charms needed to get my cat?? 

Maybe train your cat to load things sooner:

Related image
    At all farms the dog and cat work together. If you want the dog to work, build a tree for a cat.
    Nope.  Don't do it unless you want to spend a year or so to get your cat fully functional.  They fixed the problem, and the dog is working.  No cat needed.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223

Just wondering if they are going to change 4.5 million charms needed to get my cat?? 

Maybe train your cat to load things sooner:

Related image

lmao    That's gold!!! Thx @Jiesta (NL1)
  • At all farms the dog and cat work together. If you want the dog to work, build a tree for a cat.
    Nope.  Don't do it unless you want to spend a year or so to get your cat fully functional.  They fixed the problem, and the dog is working.  No cat needed.

So the fact that I have a Dog on my MF (finally working again !) has nothing to do with

the Cat Tree I put on my GF...?

I have no Dog on my GF.... the Cat Tree I put there should still work, right...?

• Scifi (GB1)Scifi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 78

I got a Cat by using gold on the Test Server...  Lester gives us lots of gold.

The cat is about 6 pixles and jumps into the box occasionally, that's all it does !

edited 20.10.2017

So the fact that I have a Dog on my MF (finally working again !) has nothing to do with

I have no Dog on my GF.... the Cat Tree I put there should still work, right...?

When they added the cat, it messed things up for some players with dogs whether they added a cat or not.  It all seems to be sorted, now, so I presume your feline should be hunky dory. :)

Post edited by artful (US1) on
    Dog now happily gifting -- whew!!
    edited 20.10.2017
    artful...have only lvl5 doghouse so the gifts it drops aren't big, but they are coming after I fed him...could be just slow for the bigger stuff...hope it comes back for you to again enjoy/benefit from...happy happy happy that dog is back...still not going for the cat although I have cats and like cats, but the #s of charms to entice cat to stay are out beyond the universe...I have patience (tinged with frustration at waiting) but those #s would really tax regular patience I have now... :)
    He's happily gifting me now -- so far, eggs and corn. :)
  • Fincana (US1) said:

@Fincana (US1) Hopefully the cat bug on the GF (for players needing to collect 670,000 charms) will be fixed on the next update.
  • Fincana (US1) said:

@Fincana (US1) Hopefully the cat bug on the GF (for players needing to collect 670,000 charms) will be fixed on the next update.

Big "Thank you" to ya, Wabbit !

Been tryin' to get an answer to the Dog / Cat-same-farm-or-not question for a while now.

Appreciate your clearing that up !

Good to know I don't need a Dog on my GF to make the Cat Tree there work !

Now I only hope they credit me with all the Cat Charms I got comin' to me...

When they finally activate it, I should have a bajillion Charms to my Credit there !

•  (US1) said:
     said:

I am so happy for YOU...  artful...most of all  :)  you showed true patience  B)  

Now you realize if you and ronin7 (INT1) just built that cat tree house now, you would be collecting those charms as we speak... and getting closer to the magic number to make the puddy tat appear   :p   

As far being afraid to build it because of the bugs / glitches,  I'm afraid they are a liability of the game    :/  because we live in a fallen game...  >:)   ...but we can still be happy  o:)   B)
     (US1) said:
     said:

I am so happy for YOU...  artful...most of all  :)  you showed true patience  B)  

Now you realize if you and ronin7 (INT1) just built that cat tree house now, you would be collecting those charms as we speak... and getting closer to the magic number to make the puddy tat appear   :p   

As far being afraid to build it because of the bugs / glitches,  I'm afraid they are a liability of the game    :/  because we live in a fallen game...  >:)   ...but we can still be happy  o:)   B)
    Gonna wait on the puddy tat.  I was hoping for a true farm cat -- a semi-feral domestic short hair with attitude, not a fluffly muffy some little girl finds in her stocking on Christmas morning! LOL!
  • In true form...you never disappoint artful...  :D  

I too wanted a barn cat,   I own one of those semi-feral types, a dandy hunter btw, but most cats still have their hunting ability in tact, it is as you have stated....it's the human who fluff them, de-claw them and make them stay inside.   :#    This cat does walk all around the farm tho, so that is something AND he's not on a leash either !!
    In true form...you never disappoint artful...  :D  

I too wanted a barn cat,   I own one of those semi-feral types, a dandy hunter btw, but most cats still have their hunting ability in tact, it is as you have stated....it's the human who fluff them, de-claw them and make them stay inside.   :#    This cat does walk all around the farm tho, so that is something AND he's not on a leash either !!
    LOL!  
  • I was getting cat charms.   Now no cat charms on all 3 farms.
  • I just got a cat tree today and I wish I'd known all the problems people were having with them before I bought one. Collecting charms wouldn't be as big of an issue if I could actually collect the ones that appear when I click on completed things, such as when I've made more animal feed.When I click on the little bags with question marks on them that the people walking around give, it'll drop a red cat charm but the charms don't show as counting towards anything. I've collected about 20 charms but they don't show up, it still says 0/1,000,000. It's really frustrating to see a bunch of charms come on screen that I'm supposedly collecting only to see that I'm not getting anywhere. Also 1,000,000 charms? Really?! Yeah maybe in 15 years I could collect that many. But so far it looks like I'll never collect any because it is not working. Really glad that the cat tree will be permanently wasting space on my main farm.  :|:|:|
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Collected cat charms are not being counted! 

Score reads: 320 848/4 500 000 and stays put on 320 484.

I was made aware og cat charms not being counted by a co-member late last night and started to check it. Todays harvest has clearly not been counted!

Whats up?

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    ops - a typo meant ofc that it stays put on 320 848.

Sign In to comment.