Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Obon Festival

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Greta is the deco architect vendor who can upgrade your decos.  She is like Steve the Architect who upgrades upper level house, barns, fences, etc, etc. on all your farms.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    It appears that the deco for the Obon Festival does not contain Village Happiness points.....way, way, too bad!...It makes striving for the deco a moot point...just that we get the  coins to trade for stuff.  Fortunately the deco can be demolished by Greta for parts to improve upon a more worthy deco.
    who is Greta?
    Greta is the one who comes to help you upgrade your decos...
  • I want to participate in the Obon Festival, however I'm not sure how to. I have been collecting the lanterns needed for the quest however when I click on it, it's saying that I need to buy 100 lanterns with gold. Also I see something about a decoration so I;m wondering if I need to buy that decoration to take part, but I couldn't find it in the store. Please help me.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    edited 16.08.2017
    Just collect as many lanterns and lucky coins as you can. You will receive the deco when the event finishes, the more lanterns you collect the higher the happiness value.
    You can buy stuff with the coins from "lucky coin Omar" in the parking lot. he also sells deco's with village happiness, keep an eye out for the discount, he will sell the same deco at different prices!

Don't click the blue button, you don't want to spend gold for lanterns you can collect easily ;)
  • Just collect as many lanterns and lucky coins as you can. You will receive the deco when the event finishes, the more lanterns you collect the higher the happiness value.
    You can buy stuff with the coins from "lucky coin Omar" in the parking lot. he also sells deco's with village happiness, keep an eye out for the discount, he will sell the same deco at different prices!

Don't click the blue button, you don't want to spend gold for lanterns you can collect easily ;)
    Thank you very much!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 16.08.2017
    @AlliCatt (US1)  Just to add to what grrr said, here's the link to the Official Announcement....

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158402/update-august-4th-happy-hour-and-obon-festival#latest

P.S. You don't need to spend 100 gold to buy lanterns, just keep harvesting to get as high a level deco as you can.  :)  
  • angelical (US1)angelical (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    this is over now but deco not in the drop box- is it someplace else?  was at 44 last time I checked but was probably higher
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    this is over now but deco not in the drop box- is it someplace else?  was at 44 last time I checked but was probably higher
    Mine was in the drop box.  Bummer for you! :(
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Greeting's , 
    I have a question bout the O-Bon Festival, How do I tell what Level I am on ? 
    I ask cause I have no clue what Level I am on to know how many more Lanterns I need for My workers Happiness, there is no way to see how many more I need to get, Why is that? 
    I basically have no clue how many Lanterns I need to get to the last level, and I am so not happy that I have to guess at it only to find out it was not the right amount and I did not finish it.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    If you check out Crazybigfarm s  superb website , all the info is there, the deco tops out at level 75 happy, for a mere 365,000 lanterns , good luck :D:D:D
    edited 17.10.2017
    If you check out Crazybigfarm s  superb website , all the info is there, the deco tops out at level 75 happy, for a mere 365,000 lanterns , good luck :D:D:D

Wow that is just a insane amount for Me since I am not able to buy gold in My game, but thanks for the info, much appreciated, I guess that means I won't ever be able to finish it then, so I guess I will not bother trying to, :(.
    edited 17.10.2017

Wow that is just a insane amount for Me since I am not able to buy gold in My game, but thanks for the info, much appreciated, I guess that means I won't ever be able to finish it then, so I guess I will not bother trying to, :(.
    Yes, but (1) you will have a deco you can give to Greta for parts, and (2) you'll still collect gold coins which you can use to buy rewards while you play your game.  Just harvest your fields, gardens, and meadows normally, and you'll continue to collect coins and points.

Post edited by artful (US1) on
    edited 18.10.2017

Yes, but (1) you will have a deco you can give to Greta for parts, and (2) you'll still collect gold coins which you can use to buy rewards while you play your game.  Just harvest your fields, gardens, and meadows normally, and you'll continue to collect coins and points.

I always work the Fields when I am logged on, so no problem there, I just think it is crazy with how high of items they ask for in order for us to finish anything in this game, I am beginning to wonder if it was even worth to start it in the first place now a days, cause I can not seem to finish much of anything in this game at My Level, I have only finished a few things, And when is this so called New Farm coming out anyway? are we to have 4 Farms instead of just 3?

P.S. I am hoping it will be a Haunted Farm as I am usually a Gothic type player in My games, now that would be awesome I think :) .
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    ON Halloween the farms will be haunted.  Usually they make all the wondering workers kind of trans parent.  
    It's kinda cool.  Still I'd like to see more. Ghosts flying out of houses and what not.  But it's not up to me.
    BTW, has anyone else noticed that the lucky coin trader, who was supposed to be here during the Obon festival, is AWOL?

• Does anyone know how many days is left on this?  it is suppose to be for 7 days but it don't think it is going to go for that long; looking at the timer of remaining time
  • edited 19.10.2017
    Mine is at happiness 40 with 4225 lanterns
    Post edited by Grannie Jackie (US1) on
  • ON Halloween the farms will be haunted.  Usually they make all the wondering workers kind of trans parent.  
    It's kinda cool.  Still I'd like to see more. Ghosts flying out of houses and what not.  But it's not up to me.
    If I remember correctly, the first they had the workers wearing costumes but I could be wrong.  I've slept many many nights since then   LOL
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    hi BlueDenim...I don't anymore worry about #s of lanterns needed as it goes along its merry way & at one point it's complete; don't even notice if it runs for the duration of event as there is so little/no info re #s needed/required; I've just given up on it. Last time it was here, for me, it topped off at lvl 67 with 3 lantern dancers...couldn't tell u if that is the real completion or not, but it looks nifty in my Asian section of my farm...like GrannieJackie at present I'm at lvl40 with 4224 lanterns with 2 dancers complete...in the game I'm at lvl69. I wouldn't worry & like artful, just harvest & whatever drops is a bonus.
    Yes, I too have noticed that Omar with coins is not here, but that is a real bonus as coins just piling up so when he does come (whenever) I'll be ready... :)
    And GrannieJackie ... coolest idea for Halloween...ghosts coming out of chimneys rather than smoke...even costumed workers with a bit of haunting thrown in for good measure.  I wonder if company would hire us part-time just for some of our really nifty and novel ideas for all the special times during the year...wouldn't that be cool OR maybe reward us with something special???! ...that'll be the day ... hahahaha ... getting the giggles just thinking of it ... Halloween must be closer than I thought...:)
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    As always @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  's site has all the information you want :)
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/recurring_annual/obon_festival.htm

You might just bookmark her page, anything you want to know about all aspects of the game can be found there.
    A big thank you to @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  for providing all this information <3<3<3

Thanks for all the info guys and gals, much appreciated, and Yes that is a great idea for Haunted Houses ect, :)
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Where is it?
  • Where is it?
    @Xcution (INT1) Patience Grasshopper! :)
    Related image

Where is it?
    Related image

Just how much wait need to wait its been 12 hours in Germany time line how much more
  • wheeler (NL1)wheeler (NL1) NL1 Posts: 107
    Where is it?
    Related image

Just how much wait need to wait its been 12 hours in Germany time line how much more
    i ques it will start wen cc and shinky ends so  round  midnight
    It means for 11 date yet they said 10
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Not started here as yet xxx
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    Obon has started on the AU1 server approx 2pm ish BF time.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 11.08.2018
    It appears that the deco for the Obon Festival does not contain Village Happiness points.....way, way, too bad!...It makes striving for the deco a moot point...just that we get the  coins to trade for stuff.  Fortunately the deco can be demolished by Greta for parts to improve upon a more worthy deco.
    who is Greta?
    This may help with Greta the "Landscape Architect" http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/land_architect.htm  

Sorry this has been addressed before ;)
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 14.08.2018
    Currently the deco is at 56 happiness lvl 6 with 13,200 lanterns, how far for the lvl 7 deco am I?

On a side note, the event reward listing of level is misleading, in the tower these rewards are shown as level 2 - level 7, ergo whats shown in the image I included for level 6 is really level 7
Sign In to comment.