Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Oct 19th - Cooperative Hard Worker Event! - Discussion

Hi Guys,

You can discuss the Latest Update here!

Comments

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I think this update would become something that I can say 'not bad'
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 17.10.2017
     :D  we all can but u need to thick thrice before u say @Surya54 (INT1) as we all know  

Still we are looking for this great show once again
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    I Hope they didn't remove the GML as prizes for the CHE and bring back the gold seeds as prizes please...:)
  • I Hope they didn't remove the GML as prizes for the CHE and bring back the gold seeds as prizes please...:)
    @T.O.P (INT1) The GMLs are still there :)  Though the requirements will be higher - In the regular one, due to the bonus points & the Coop one, due to the boosters.
  • Farm expansions? Is this added area? If it is I'm disappointed. I would much rather see the 4th farm brought to life instead of all these other games and different iterations of the same games.
  • I really, really, really wish they would fix what is broken first before adding new things.

Yeah, new farm expansions would be nice, or would have been before they nuked the DSF area.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Hopefully the new (and no doubt very expensive) farm expansions will allow the dockyard to be returned to its full potential , or at least more no-shellfish contracts to be available .Looking forward to the new Hard Worker competition , I was getting a little bored with the event .
  • momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 17.10.2017
    hmmm 
    I always hope for the best but sadly have come to expect the worst  , is this a permanent change to HWE or just for "Cooptober" ???

Off topic:  is there a reason why the developers won't respond to the cat/dog problems??
    It has been weeks, with total silence.
    They could say "things are working as intended"  (then we could laugh) ;)
    or they could say"we are working on rebalancing, your dogs will never drop things again bwaa haa haa
    or they could say"  this was just our version of a Halloween joke, we promise to fix it soon, your dogs will no longer turn white as a ghost"
    they choose to say nothing at all.......
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    Further Deep Sea contract changes are in the works and planned for a future update, along with repairs to the dog and cat features.

doing things backwards, sort your problems out first, no gold dog benefits for weeks, GGS are you gonna compensate me for gold bought dogs that dont work?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • "The cooperative ranking will be additional to the single-player one, meaning you can win rewards both for your personal ranking and for your cooperative’s position"

How is the ranking determined? 

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    ***Sigh***
        SMH

I'm not sanguine.  :(
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I have asked this question before.  I would like a straight...non-tricky answer.  It is possible for a player to win 3 GMLs in the HW.  2 for getting 1.2 million points and a third for being in the top 50.

Will these still be in the HW, yes or no?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 17.10.2017
    I have asked this question before.  I would like a straight...non-tricky answer.  It is possible for a player to win 3 GMLs in the HW.  2 for getting 1.2 million points and a third for being in the top 50.

Don't know if this means you can still win three.

From Wabbit "The GMLs are still there   Though the requirements will be higher - In the regular one, due to the bonus points & the Coop one, due to the boosters."
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    The new HWE sounds a little more interesting.  I gave up even participating in the original.  I will give the new version a fair chance.  I am happy to see VH has been added to decos for this event. 

Couple questions ...

This is going to be a global event and not just server event? So we will be competing against every coop in the world and every individual in the world for both coop prizes and individual prizes?
    Can we please have a breakdown on the CHWE levels?    

Does anyone know when the next Fishing HW Event starts..?

Is there a Calendar we can refer to that tells us when stuff starts..?

It seems information is all over the place & I never know where to look..!

HELP !  :- (.

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Im jazed  and i wanna see it - touch it - play with it - these updates sound great - So i wonder why im all like Yippi Yaa Hoo Eee! yet my heart says WoWo - Lets give it a try Il be ready ---- Now it would be nice if the powers that be could Let us know if the HWE will Start like Normal ( With Corn ) Or will start with Wheat It takes a long Time to grow a significant amount of that product. I can see HWE sitting Still for half a day waitin on Slow crops. A HINT would be NICE. and LEVEL the Starting gate.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    BJs (US1) said:
    Im jazed  and i wanna see it - touch it - play with it - these updates sound great - So i wonder why im all like Yippi Yaa Hoo Eee! yet my heart says WoWo - Lets give it a try Il be ready ---- Now it would be nice if the powers that be could Let us know if the HWE will Start like Normal ( With Corn ) Or will start with Wheat It takes a long Time to grow a significant amount of that product. I can see HWE sitting Still for half a day waitin on Slow crops. A HINT would be NICE. and LEVEL the Starting gate.
    I don't think it's ever started with wheat ... but you never know, do you? :)

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    edited 17.10.2017
    Couple questions ...

This is going to be a global event and not just server event? So we will be competing against every coop in the world and every individual in the world for both coop prizes and individual prizes?
    Well spotted! Quote: "You will find a new panel in the main interface of the event, with two buttons bringing you to the global alliance ranking and to the booster shop"
    Didn't even register with me :o

Only the best 100 coops worldwide, oh well

EDIT: I've just read the German announcement and it says nothing about a global coop ranking! Wait and see I suppose.

• PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) US1 Posts: 128
    Looking forward to expansions for sure.More expensive ugh.Our prices have been lower and lower for production. HWE actually my favorite thing. Though with ponds available to me now Im not so sure.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @grrr (NL1)  From my understanding, one message is sent out to the moderators, it is then their task to translate it and post it for us.  It is possible certain details could get lost in translation.

Pretty much everything is a wait and see, even when we are given some info.  In some ways I like the mystery behind new events, however at the same time I like to be prepared.  

I give every event in this game a fair chance.  If I don't care for it or if I don't like it, I simply ignore it.  I am stuck with this game and this game is stuck with me. I realize I will not like every aspect of it, so instead of getting upset I look at it as a little break.  Just like the deco events, the only deco event I do is the Mysterious Asia, and that is simply for the cow shed skins. I need one more skin and then I will probably ignore that one also.  Perhaps I will take a look at them all and find the easiest one simply for the VH of the deco.   As far as the object "hunts" (easter eggs, mushrooms, whatever), I have given up on those as well, I don't need a reminder in my deco tower of a deco that I simply tossed to Greta because it had no VH anyway.  I am color deficient and finding those small partially hidden objects are extremely hard and time consuming and very bad on my eyes. 

Does anyone know when the next Fishing HW Event starts...?

Is there a Calendar of Events we can refer to...?

Information here is all over the place... maybe I'm missing something...

Don't know why I'm kickin' n' kvetching - heck, 4 of my 6 pools are all Lobsters !

Booooo.... hissssss.... bah humbuggery !!!!!

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I finally got a clam pool (Approximately 96 clams, 83 oysters, 113 shrimp).  Now of course to fill my fish orders I need 502 oysters, 370 clams, and 302 shrimp.  :p  At this rate it will be eons before I can fill them.  These orders have been sitting on the shelf for many weeks, but I guess that is what happens in the "Herring Straits".  :'(  Do herring or tuna eat clams, oysters or shrimp?  Maybe that is what the matter is!  :*:o:#
  • I finally got a clam pool (Approximately 96 clams, 83 oysters, 113 shrimp).  Now of course to fill my fish orders I need 502 oysters, 370 clams, and 302 shrimp.  :p  At this rate it will be eons before I can fill them.  These orders have been sitting on the shelf for many weeks, but I guess that is what happens in the "Herring Straits".  :'(  Do herring or tuna eat clams, oysters or shrimp?  Maybe that is what the matter is!  :*:o:#

I hear ya Cli !

Right now 5 - count 'em ==> FIVE - of my Pools are Lobsters !

You see in my last post it was 4... now it's 5 !

Are they high...?  WTH...? !!!!

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    @Fincana (US1), here is a link to @Southern (US1) live Event calendar if you want to bookmark it.

https://teamup.com/ks54bc4943072584c0
  • Farm expansions? Is this added area? If it is I'm disappointed. I would much rather see the 4th farm brought to life instead of all these other games and different iterations of the same games.
    @William Robert (US1) The land expansions will be extra plots of land added to your 3 current farms (main, gourmet, & flower farms). The 4th farm is planned for early 2018.
    hmmm 
    I always hope for the best but sadly have come to expect the worst  , is this a permanent change to HWE or just for "Cooptober" ???

Off topic:  is there a reason why the developers won't respond to the cat/dog problems??
    @momrulz (US1) The HWE will remain the same with the exception of the requirements being higher due to the bonus points. The co-op HWE will run at a different time than the regular HWE.

The devs are working on the issues with the cats & dogs. A fix may happen in the update after this one. We'll let you guys know as soon as we have more information.
    "The cooperative ranking will be additional to the single-player one, meaning you can win rewards both for your personal ranking and for your cooperative’s position"

How is the ranking determined? 

@sally456 (US1) Your cooperative's rank will depend on how well your co-op does during the event. The single-player rank will depend on how each individual player does.

@gavinfarms (US1) As Wabbit said, the GMLs will still be available but the requirements to win them will be higher due to the bonus points.
     Couple questions ...

@Shay1968 (US1) This will be a server event, not global as in all servers together. ;) There are no divisions for the co-op HWE. Each server will have 1 ranking for all cooperatives on that server.
     From my understanding, one message is sent out to the moderators, it is then their task to translate it and post it for us.  It is possible certain details could get lost in translation.

That's correct, all of the mods are given the patchnotes at the same time and we have to get them ready to post on the forums. Wabbit has edited "global alliance" out of the OA to prevent further confusion. Some of the terms used within the team are a bit different than what is in game. Sorry for any confusion.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    First, that was not a straightforward answer.  It was vague.  I asked for a non-vague, non-tricky answer on purpose.  I would still like a straightforward answer.

Second, the more that I read this, the more concerned that I get.  I have an enormous fear, that they have taken the most fair event in the game and ruined it.  I will try to reserve judgment, BUT I should not have to.  This is precisely what the test server should be for.  Testing this event, could prevent the debacle that appears to be rolling our way.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The game is becoming more about gold sales and gold use than actual fair play. This event should just take place as a worldwide thing and pit the gold buying coops against each other from servers all around the world. That way GGS gets richer by preying on groups obsessed with rank and other groups around them can watch and take joy in certain coops getting a reality check when groups more rank obsessed and gold crazy completely obliterate them in this competition. :p

Question......do the bonus points per second apply to just the normal hard worker event or the coop hard worker as well?
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    @WascallyWabbit @CuddlyFoxes

Just wanted to say thank you to you both for all the info given on the Co-op HWE :)

I haven't brought all the plots on any of my 3 farms yet but expansions will still come in handy in the future.

@Southern (US1) I can't see a slot on your calendar for the next Fish HWE so does that mean it will be next month (November) before it starts?

Again, thanks for keeping us informed guys :)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @WascallyWabbit @CuddlyFoxes

Just wanted to say thank you to you both for all the info given on the Co-op HWE :)

I haven't brought all the plots on any of my 3 farms yet but expansions will still come in handy in the future.

@Southern (US1) I can't see a slot on your calendar for the next Fish HWE so does that mean it will be next month (November) before it starts?

Again, thanks for keeping us informed guys :)
    @Wons (AU1)

A date for the Fishing HWE hasn't been announced yet, so it's not on the calendar yet.  As soon as I know when it'll be, I'll have it on there. :)

Since the last one was on October 7th, and they're USUALLY about a month apart, I'll be looking for it the 1st or 2nd week of November.. But with GGS and the way they've been juggling the schedule lately, there's really just no telling.
Sign In to comment.