Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 28th - "Here Kitty, Kitty" Africa to the Deep Blue Sea! - Discussion

Comments

• Tonia2 (INT1)Tonia2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    my dog is kidnapped for over 10 days now. And for that time nobody has anything to say about it. Do we need to write to tech support to fix this? Or will somebody finally write a sentence or two about this?
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 11.10.2017
    After having a chance to actually see the cat interface ... my conclusion ... the cat will be EXACTLY like the dog.  Feed it every 8 hours and collect farm items from it and train it daily for XP.  The only major difference I see at this point is collecting the massive amounts of charms for a very long period of time while the cat tree sits like dead weight on your farm.  It currently only has 1 level with a happiness value of 35 and a village happiness of 5.  You can make it do the first trick daily and receive 400 XP (which is actually lower than the dog which give 500 for the 1st trick).  It has the same user interface as the dog and I am guessing they used the same coding and simply changed the graphics, text, and amounts for happiness and XP (they still have the text and image for the dog when clicking the help icon).  I am assuming the first few levels will cost farm cash and then it will require gold to get the better rewards. The cat is cute and all, however (IMHO), unless gold is spent to upgrade it to the higher levels, it is just not worth it to have this 4x6 cat tree on any of the 3 farms. 

Edited to add:  I did not buy the cat with gold.  The glitch in the game is allowing me to interact with the cat tree at times.  The cat becomes hungry and takes away from my farm happiness and I am able to feed it and restore my farm happiness but I am unable to collect any rewards from it. I get the error popup and the collection bubble remains until I leave the farm and come back.  I do have access to the ring menu and I plan on demolishing it as soon as my current upgrade finishes (If it lets me). The space is much too valuable to me to keep a broke-down cat tree on.

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well Shay they have not done the developing of the cat beyond the first level so lets not assume everything is in gold  they have enough bad press right now. I think we all assumed the cat will work like the dog once we saw the cat tree and that is fine with me.  These charm amounts are outrageous I wish they would get people who know how to program and do a better job of balance. 
  • LOVE the appearance of the cat tree  it is fabulous  great place for our furry feline with all the creature comforts and things that cats need.   Now the hard part where to put this wonderful habitat as all my farms are completed??  Well it took you a loooooooooong time but you did good GGS with the cat. 
    KITTY lovers here...:))

• Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    What did the hot fix this morning fix?????
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    Can someone please explain why I constantly have a money bag over my kitty tree please?  I click on it & it shows me how many charms I have & how much gold to skip but nothing else happens.  The money bag is still there after clicking on it.

What is the money bag for?
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    that is all it is for @Ozzie (AU1) just shows how many charms you collected  now I have none on my GF  farm and they say they have a way to count them but am thinking this is another fairy tale

• Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    Thanks Damaria3.  At least the dog money bag disappears after clicking on him/her.  I will ignore it now.  :)
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    I am so frustrated with this cat tree, charm fiasco.

I want a delete/destroy button. 
  • olja05 (INT1)olja05 (INT1) Posts: 108
    edited 12.10.2017
    https://prnt.sc/gwjztl

We won a cat award, and where is it? :(
    It is not fair...
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I've about had it with this game.   Asian event, took DAYS to collect maps, I'm only half way through cranes now and no way.  I have to leave the house.  The gold they are asking for to finish the last step is insane.

The whole cat thing is a total fail….. AGAIN.   Seems everything they roll out here is a fail.

The test server, yup, they will be messing up our chat window soon.  I can't even get into.   It's been broken, delayed… then we were told to sign in all over.  START ALL OVER.   I had issues doing that but finally did, only to have THAT not even work.  THEN I had trouble getting the sticky thing to stop loading and bring me back to the game only to THEN find out they fixed it so we could go back to the way we left it.   Seems it's too late for me now.   And what I've been reading from the few who have tried the new chat, it sure sounds horrible.   No more green dots, field too small to see.   (It's already too danged small and slower than sludge to type in.)   I would have liked to see, try, give feedback on it myself but again BROKEN.

I need to walk away from this stupid game for awhile.   Unfortunately as leader of two coops I have to check in to maintain things.  I'll do that but no more with the events that I can't ever get through anymore, no more with the temp islands I can't even get half way through,   one of my farms has a cat stuck in the gate.   Not that it matters, good for diddly for the next several YEARS until I can actually get a cat.   
    And I can't even delete the dumb thing.

Yea… I think I'll stick to a nice simple game of poker somewhere else.   See if they can't fire a few incompetent people and hire some who can actually program a flash based game.

Disgusted I am.  This just isn't "fun" anymore.
  • Artmaker (GB1) said......Disgusted I am.  

Yoda...???    is that you...?                                   

• LuraBelle (US1)LuraBelle (US1) US1 Posts: 309
    edited 12.10.2017
    Bull
    at least I dont have to get charms for these kitties (hearts)
  • artistree (US1)artistree (US1) US1 Posts: 105
    edited 14.10.2017
    Was question answered about "gifts" on dog house?...Seems we do not get gifts on dog any longer unless cat is on that same farm.  True??  Yes dog house is gold.  MF...cat on FF.

Anyone got an answer???
    Post edited by artistree (US1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Still waiting for my pup.  I paid good gold to upgrade his house, and I would dearly love to have him come home.

Artmaker (GB1) said......Disgusted I am.  

Yoda...???    is that you...?                                   

Lol… thanks.  Needed that.   

Ok, got back into my test server game.  No one answered me over there but someone must have kicked the machine. Got to test the new chat.  some good things, some bad.  Sure hope they are listening.

I can't stay away from my happy little click fest for long.  
    Glitches and all.  
  • my dog is kidnapped for over 10 days now. And for that time nobody has anything to say about it. Do we need to write to tech support to fix this? Or will somebody finally write a sentence or two about this?
    https://prnt.sc/gwjztl

We won a cat award, and where is it? :(
    It is not fair...
    @Tonia2 (INT1)  @olja05 (INT1)  All the cat & dog issues are being worked on. They are taking longer than expected to fix, but lets hope they are done soon.

As it is a known issue that those players needing 670,000 charms on the GF are not getting any charms, I would suggest keeping track of any rewards that you win with GF charms on them (dates/times would be good & screenshots if you can)then you will be able to send them to support after the GF cats are fixed, if you have still not been credited with them, by then.

The test server, yup, they will be messing up our chat window soon.  I can't even get into.   It's been broken, delayed… then we were told to sign in all over.  START ALL OVER.   I had issues doing that but finally did, only to have THAT not even work.  THEN I had trouble getting the sticky thing to stop loading and bring me back to the game only to THEN find out they fixed it so we could go back to the way we left it.   Seems it's too late for me now.   And what I've been reading from the few who have tried the new chat, it sure sounds horrible.   No more green dots, field too small to see.   (It's already too danged small and slower than sludge to type in.)   I would have liked to see, try, give feedback on it myself but again BROKEN.

@Artmaker (GB1) Please post feedback about the test server on the test server forum & not on this one. Thankyou.
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    Honestly at this point i just want to delete this stupid cat and get my farm back to NORMAL 

1 )  When will my Black Dog return to walking around my MF as normal...?

2)   If I have 1 Cat Tree on my GF & 1 Dog on my MF is that wrong..?

Are they both supposed to be on the same Farm in order to work properly..?

3)  When can I expect to see the Cat Charms I've accumulated-to-date appear in

my Cat Charm counter gimmick..?

Somebody please help an old lady out here....!

I think the dog coding and the cat coding got all tangled up with each other when they developed the program for the cat.  The only way to fix this, I would imagine, is to dismantle the cat, repair the dog, and introduce a cat with different coding/features, putting in safeguards so that the codes don't cross contaminate.
  • I think the dog coding and the cat coding got all tangled up with each other when they developed the program for the cat.  The only way to fix this, I would imagine, is to dismantle the cat, repair the dog, and introduce a cat with different coding/features, putting in safeguards so that the codes don't cross contaminate.

...and potentially lose all the invisible Cat Charms we've accumulated-to-date.

I can just see it now... no explanation, no apology, no respect.

GGS-BF bidniz-as-usual.

Boo-hiss.... Bah Humbuggery !

edited 15.10.2017

@Artmaker (GB1) Please post feedback about the test server on the test server forum & not on this one. Thankyou.
    Only reason I posted here is because I could not even get in.  But that's been fixed, testing away.
    Cheers

@Artmaker (GB1) Good to hear, glad that its working for you now - The devs following the feedback for the chat feature, would not look here for it, so we wouldn`t want your contributions to get missed. :)
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    My question is what rewards will the cat give us after the charms are collected? Is it regular produce (corn cabbage etc) or something more valuable like seaweed? If its the same as the dog I don't see why we have to jump through hoops and collect cat charms for years to get it. ....waste of time and space.
    edited 14.10.2017
    I think the dog coding and the cat coding got all tangled up with each other when they developed the program for the cat.  The only way to fix this, I would imagine, is to dismantle the cat, repair the dog, and introduce a cat with different coding/features, putting in safeguards so that the codes don't cross contaminate.

...and potentially lose all the invisible Cat Charms we've accumulated-to-date.

I can just see it now... no explanation, no apology, no respect.

GGS-BF bidniz-as-usual.

Boo-hiss.... Bah Humbuggery !

I know.  That's why they are't doing it and trying to work around that, if I had to guess.  But in the meantime, we paid gold to level up our dogs, but are being denied the payout we paid for.  They could at least give us the money, crops, animals, event items we are losing daily.  

Either way, people are losing out.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    hi everyone...the news I have on dog is that it's going to take awhile to fix as all are busy with cooptober and chat issues and added to that are the other bugs within game soooo I'm not holding my breath for anything; AND that means no cat for any of my farms no matter that I would love to have one ... at least on main farm..... :(  Also, seeing how many of those charms have to be collected WOW just blows my mind ... not spending that much time $s or gold for a cat that does the same as my dog.  I'm finally managing to upgrade stuff on my main farm AND my fishing dock (finally!!!) so that I can hope to upgrade my boats somewhere down the road.  End word:  patience (of which might be in short supply like the charms...ggg :)
  • I am trying to wish my cat into the corn field.........so far not happening......
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    Lol…. Bewitched. LOVED that show.  (We the dated huh?)

Hey suggestion folks.
    Can't pet my cats.  Maybe that's because they haven't adopted me just yet, but even a friendly stray cat you can pet. The dog loves it.  How about we pet the cats, they raise their butts and tails like cats do and cough up a few little kitty hearts for the effort?
    Have you "twinkled your nose"? Like Samantha on Bewitched?  Wow am I ever dating myself!
    With not one, but two Darrins!!!!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
Sign In to comment.