Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Cooptober" Discussion

Comments

• I wonder if this "Cooptober" thing is just a bunch of back to back CCs! Phew! :o:#:p

That is EXACTLY what it sounded like it was and since we've now had two CC's with only a week inbetween them and now another after only ONE week again..... I think you are correct...... and I also think this stinks.... LOL  but who are we to complain - we are JUST THE CUSTOMER...........
  • I utterly agree. This is complete madness. I think all leaders should get together and arrange a total ban on CC server wide....until GGS come to their senses and make it more sensible timeframe.
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    This is just totally ridiculous just a money making racket more gold more gold more gold to be spent is what GGS thinks I am so sick of CC I will quit the game never want to see that clock timing down ever again.  No time to make humus and special seeds between back to back CC's.

There is absolutely no balance in this game at all.  

• In Indian server CC starting at 3:30 A.M. Are u serious guys?
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Me at 4.50 A.M. (GMT+7). Since my class start at 7.30, perhaps I'll participate a few hours after the CC starts.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I am probably going to be shouted at here, but here goes.  Why do you all feel that you have to take part in the CC's?   Our little coop never takes part - the only points we get during CC time is from the WoF, which we use to get the bonus XP - and we dont feel that it is detrimental to our farms NOT to participate.  If you all feel that it is too much too soon, just dont do it.  Is it really worth all the hassle to get a few drops of water and - if you are really lucky - GML's ?   Let the gold buyers win - they will anyway lol - so why not just sit back and farm in the way we all used to, with no silly competitions to bother about.  Go back to just doing the weekly events, if you feel like doing them - and ignore the competitive part of the game altogether, which I didnt like when it was first introduced and DETEST it now.  If there are coop members who always take part in the CC to get the horseshoes then it wont hurt to let them, but dont feel that you are letting anybody down if you dont take part yourself.  This is just my - and my coops - opinion.  Happy Farming :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I am probably going to be shouted at here, but here goes.  Why do you all feel that you have to take part in the CC's?   Our little coop never takes part - the only points we get during CC time is from the WoF, which we use to get the bonus XP - and we dont feel that it is detrimental to our farms NOT to participate.  If you all feel that it is too much too soon, just dont do it.  Is it really worth all the hassle to get a few drops of water and - if you are really lucky - GML's ?   Let the gold buyers win - they will anyway lol - so why not just sit back and farm in the way we all used to, with no silly competitions to bother about.  Go back to just doing the weekly events, if you feel like doing them - and ignore the competitive part of the game altogether, which I didnt like when it was first introduced and DETEST it now.  If there are coop members who always take part in the CC to get the horseshoes then it wont hurt to let them, but dont feel that you are letting anybody down if you dont take part yourself.  This is just my - and my coops - opinion.  Happy Farming :)
    Nobody is going to shout at you for your opinion or your style of play.  There seems to be a bit of confusion here though.  You do not get GMLs from CCs.  The (F)HWEs and horse competitions give GMLs.

I would also like to try and explain why the coop challenges are important to many coops. And while many players can no longer even stand to see the CC count-down timer they still participate for valuable resources and to try to stay in the league they are in for the better prizes because the higher the league the better the prizes. 

The coop challenges have leagues - gold, silver, bronze, etc. If you do not play at all during even on of the challenges you will most certainly drop to a lower league.  You then have to obtain the top spots in the league you dropped down to during the next challenge in order to make it back to the league you were at for the following challenge.  Also, the CCs offer a trophy that gives village happiness for the top spots in each league which is very helpful considering there is still a lack of decos with village happiness as well as other valuable resources and decos with village happiness that the CCs offer.  It is not really about the "gold buyers" it has much more to do with the fact that they keep throwing the CCs at us over and over and over.  When there is too much repetition which requires quite a bit of time and effort it zaps the fun out of it. Also, as often as they have been coming it does not give co-ops a chance to rebuild their resources. So yes, while there is a "choice" not to participate, the choice not to participate can have negative consequences. 
    edited 11.10.2017
    Nobody is going to shout at you for your opinion or your style of play.  There seems to be a bit of confusion here though.  You do not get GMLs from CCs.  The (F)HWEs and horse competitions give GMLs.

I would also like to try and explain why the coop challenges are important to many coops. And while many players can no longer even stand to see the CC count-down timer they still participate for valuable resources and to try to stay in the league they are in for the better prizes because the higher the league the better the prizes. 

The coop challenges have leagues - gold, silver, bronze, etc. If you do not play at all during even on of the challenges you will most certainly drop to a lower league.  You then have to obtain the top spots in the league you dropped down to during the next challenge in order to make it back to the league you were at for the following challenge.  Also, the CCs offer a trophy that gives village happiness for the top spots in each league which is very helpful considering there is still a lack of decos with village happiness as well as other valuable resources and decos with village happiness that the CCs offer.  It is not really about the "gold buyers" it has much more to do with the fact that they keep throwing the CCs at us over and over and over.  When there is too much repetition which requires quite a bit of time and effort it zaps the fun out of it. Also, as often as they have been coming it does not give co-ops a chance to rebuild their resources. So yes, while there is a "choice" not to participate, the choice not to participate can have negative consequences. 

Yes, sorry for getting the rewards wrong - you can tell I no longer participate in either lol.

You miss my point - why is it so important to be in a higher league in the CC?  From what I can remember the rewards are mostly the things that we can obtain naturally from our farms, and by upgrading/building etc you can get the happiness needed - that is why I cannot understand why it is felt necessary to take part in these competitions. And, again from our own experience, the Village is just another money pit and the more you upgrade the more the boat asks for, and is totally not worth OUR while (again this is just our experience). It is a pointless effort to try to get to the winners trophy - is it really worth the hassle?  The same coops win time after time. I live in a farming community, and the only competitions that take place here are sheep dog trials and ploughing events ;)

• KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    edited 11.10.2017
    @bdreish (GB1)  No shouting will be coming from my direction, just an explanation.  For those coops who are working together actively building the Village, the CC's have an important little item that is very helpful:

This is a Grand Gold Trophy that Increases the amount of village happiness your decorations generate.  Which in my case is 30%.  This makes quite a difference when it comes to all production in the Village. Anything we can do to keep production costs down is a win.  For our lower level players, this is a HUGE help.  But, as you can see, it's only good for what used to work out to be the length of one CC to the next.  Sitting out isn't an option, because we'd lose it, our costs would increase, (which I could personally handle since I have a lot of decos with VH), which would be detrimental to a large number of our members. Our Level 5, soon to be 6 Adventurer's Boat is the highlight of my morning and evening, (the dockyard was a close 2nd, but no more :O( )

I am not a gold buyer.  I only use what I earn within the game, and not for the CC, but for other items that require gold to upgrade. Also each of those little hardwork rewards are useful items that I appreciate and use.  We get a lot more than a few drops of water, and I've personally been fortunate and have found many GML's in the mystery boxes.

But it's really to each their own.  As a group, we embraced working the Village, (not exactly sure where we'll end up with it), but we enjoy working it as a team.  So for us, CC's are an important event that we do try to do our best each and every time....but I agree with all as I've posted previously in this same discussion, this is just too much, too often, and it's become very tiresome, but I'll do it for the good of my entire coop.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So i'm assuming Cooptober will consist of 4 CC's and a coop hard worker event???

If thats the case it seems to be a gold grabbing month for GGS. Running an event that already exists more often and throwing in a coop HW isn't anything to rave about. Seems like quite a lazy update if i'm being honest. Why don't you run Golden week 4 times next month and give it a snazzy new name, its an event i'd think a lot of people (me included) actually like.
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    When I came to the game two years ago I enjoyed the challenge , now its becoming just hard work that invades our real life. We no longer get time to stock up on anything "ah gold" NOT..GGS send steve to get us to build and what fast forward "ah gold"   I do not do the mushrooms, or the temp farms making the mushrooms smaller in the hope of "ah gold" temp farms if done correctly take millions and gold to build it up right then demolish it for a special cow shed  "ah gold"  ya think.  GGS take stock your stabbing yourself in the foot, we have members who leave co ops due to the greed that is going on. We can see this we are not blind or stupid.   co op challenge I don't think so .. GGS gold grab.  
    When you see players that have raised not one but two co ops from ground zero to the top levels of the GOLD League make a statement such as this..    LISTEN UP !   This lady is no fool, she knows what she is talking about.    And I know the competitive fervor of her co op family, they will still make a good showing even if they do it at half the pace of their normal.  

GGS: You are not offering us anything new with Co op Challenges, it's the same  prizes time and time again. Some of them totally worthless to a majority of players.  I don't think I know a single player that uses the catalysts other than to sell at Christmas time.  Who can afford to level a Farm Lab that high?  Not too many I would suspect.  Your additional attempts at overwhelming numbers of "special events" is not the path to Utopia for many of us, it is just frustration heaped upon frustration.  And your total ineptness at fixing your buggy "new content" is proof of your quality control.   Every town in America and probably across the world has a specific Restaurant with nasty food, dwindling customer base, and a menu that  is forever adding new dishes never fixing what is the true problem.   The food is just poorly prepared, and served to its customer base in poor quality.. Hence their business continues to fall off.  I don't know how to paint a better picture for you, but try and envision your customers are going to be heading to a quality restaurant with the better food, and better quality control. 

Forum Mods:   Thank you for working so diligently within an inept system.  You truly are exceptional, working behind the scenes to move things and information out to us as quickly as you can.  You are appreciated greatly.  You just have a very tough job, made even more difficult from above. 

End Note:   Quality  vs  Quantity     
    As a daily player,  I prefer Quality.  

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Throw all the CCE's you like at us but you might as well stop the gold offers.  You don't deserve my hard earned money for this lazy attempt at what ever this is....at least try to be a little bit imaginative please.
    4080 gold for 2 special fig seeds and 4000 gold for 500 horseshoes are two examples of favourite offers/hot deals i'm currently getting on my screen. A bit expensive don't you think???

The game is ridiculously unbalanced at the moment with GGS putting high value on meaningless items, 2 special fig seeds? Really????
    It makes me wonder about the demographic GGS is targeting here

Teens?? They have school and can't sit at their computers all day let alone stay up till midnight to play the CC
    20-50?? Most people have jobs so again who's going to play CC's that start at midnight??
    Retirees?? The unemployed?? Even people with a lot of time on their hands would struggle to stay up and play this game at such a ridiculous time. Do they seriously believe players will sit at their computers 15-20 hours a day for a dandy duck coop or a coop orchard???

GGS need a reality check, this is a good game........not as good as it used to be and getting worse each day but there's still some enjoyable parts to it, having said that most of us have a life that doesn't revolve around Bigfarm.

This game is starting to feel like work....I already have a job, a job I could spend 12 hours or more a day doing but I get PAID to do this job. Sitting at the computer playing this game for similar amounts of time is what GGS seem to expect us to do but whats the pay off???? A flag?  A decoration? The only thing that needs rebalancing at the moment is GGS's attitude towards its customers. 
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    4080 gold for 2 special fig seeds and 4000 gold for 500 horseshoes are two examples of favourite offers/hot deals i'm currently getting on my screen. A bit expensive don't you think???

The game is ridiculously unbalanced at the moment with GGS putting high value on meaningless items, 2 special fig seeds? Really????
    Just look at the herring price....for the oktoberfest you could buy them for 28.000, while the selling price on the market is about 5000. Even the original selling price was "only" 12.812
    I think they are gambling on the players that are not on the forum and starters that feel like they got a great deal.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    jeeez.   another co-op championship.    I am not impressed. :s:s:s
  • :o Has the GGS button pusher been enjoying too much Oktoberfest beer?
    hey
  • sorry
  • Guess it really is a new kind of co-op challenge--what co-op has the most members with the most money to buy the most gold to spin the wheel the most times;  because we are ALL burnt out on the missions!!

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 11.10.2017
    Its worrying where the game is going , I am only 1 online in my co-op, its weird how things have got worse since mobile game was announced , its like GGS are hoping fed up players will give that a try instead, play anywhere, maybe that game will run smoothly because GGS want to entice more people to play. So 4 CCs this month , nope not for me
  • GGS thinks this "Cooptober" is a treat for us...LOL.. it is nothing short of a bag of tricks!   >:)   Your not fooling anyone, our candy bags are always short of the goodies promised....but hey,  keep working your butts off maybe you'll get lucky..."work" is the key word here, it's all I keep reading,  this game is work now !

We have a nightmare going on folks of ghost & goblins. (GhostGoblinStudios) Chasing you like in a dream where your in slow motion but the goblins are always gaining on you,  while you go nowhere,  your  just running to get away to get out of the haunted house before the chainsaw guy catches you and takes what little gold you have left.   Then  to only discovery your candy bag is still empty of candy.    Instead you have cut off bloody fingers with  cat tattoos on them and dog house erasers but no dog....or fish bowls with no fish or one short of what you need   :/   ...and our treats are warnings and errors and co-ops full of people asking what and why ?  Those that haven't left yet !!   :( 

The saddest is the nightmare never ends because the bugs "errors" in the game are never fixed  :'(  

So when I go home at the end of the month & dump out my bag   (as we got older we would carry pillow cases  :p  ),  to see what I got... will it  be full of cat hearts,  better yet, A CAT... maybe a goldmine voucher or two, apologies for the mess ups with promises of a "quik fix". maybe some seaweed  or real estate that we can build on at the village. !    Now that would be a treat bag !!

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Thanks for posting the cooptober events @WascallyWabbit , but I've got a question about the Obon event: will the final deco have VHP this time?
    Seems logical in coop month that the coop members earn the VHP together just like in Golden Week or Leprechaun events.
    I love the lucky coins anyway, all my farms have beckoning cats now, a lot quicker than getting one with the new cat tree B) but VHP would be great!
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    This is not enjoyable.
  • Problem:

There is a problem with the HW rankings.  This occurs in both HWs.  Here is the example from the Fish HW that just ended.  I checked 30 minutes before it ended.  My rank was 56.  I hit the refresh button by the top of the rankings to be sure.  I even opened and closed it again to double-check.  I was going at 10 pps until the end.  Therefore, it was mathematically not possible for anyone to pass me, no matter what.  My rank could have risen against players going at slower speeds, by as there are no higher speeds, I could not have dropped.  Yet, at the end, my rank was 62.

The problem is really an issue when you are close to the top 50, say 48th, and it ends and you are 52nd, and so on.  I first pointed this out 2 years ago.  I always urge players to be several thousand points ahead of 50th place to avoid being caught in this problem.

There's a person in my coop that had the exact same problem this past FHW!   Is it a glitch of some sort?  Is is possible to do more than 10 pps, cause I thought 10 was the max.  What the heck???
    edited 11.10.2017
    @WascallyWabbit Thanks for the update on the coming events. Can you ask GGS  to use the calender again like they did this summer? Otherwise the timer is just garbage on a screen already so full. If they do not use I rather have it  removed and move the boosters to that space

Useful if it contains a calender; clutter without calender.

The ingame timer warning us for a hotfix is counting up more than counting down?  From 4 minutes , to 15 minutes and now 20 minutes...... :o
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    Really hate doing this, lol, but to be fair, we were warned.  In the original Cooptober announcement it stated:
    During the next month there will be more events dedicated to cooperatives than usual, with more iteration of the Cooperative Challenge and a new version of the Hard Work Event where you can participate together with your Cooperative members to earn a lot of rewards!

Yep, if you didn't know iteration means repetition.  ;)
    someone may warn me about a kick in the nuts - doesnt mean im going to like it or think it's just dandy then

and while iteration does mean repetition, it doesn't specify how often, seeing the countdown merely a few days after the last cc has rightly annoyed the hell out of many (probably most) and is welcome by none i expect
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @Corvid (GB1)  Well then I'll bet it was a double whammy when you saw the latest post of the lineup for October:
    Cooperative Championship: 12th - 15th & 24th - 27th
    O-Bon Festival: 16th - 19th
    Cooperative Hard Worker Event: 20th - 23rd & 28th - 31st
    Halloween Event: 22nd - 31st
    I'm unhappy with it too, but it is what it is.  Let's hope the Coop HWE is a pleasant surprise in this line-up.
    And let's hope we get a break in november, before the holidays in december with all surrounding events
  • Here's a toast to that HOPE..  KarenKay (US1)   and    Kimmiecat (NL1)                        here here   :p

Only one of any interest to me and that is the Halloween event.  Good luck to those who 'need' to take part in the others, I am looking forward to a nice leisurely event.  I might not win any chicken feed (got tons), special seeds (can produce my own and have tons) or horseshoes (waiting for the Christmas event so I can sell then again as - guess what - I have tons!) but not missing anything IMHO.
Sign In to comment.