Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Temp island again...no 6 days rest???

It is a great big mess with all events :

CC starting 10 days too early
Temp island starting 5 days  to early
FHW two times in a row
Cat-bugs not being solved

CC just ended yesterday ; candy farm just ended yesterday

Just give us a break, now will you!

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    There is a saying...It goes like this:  "There is no rest for the wicked, and the righteous don't need any!"  I don't know where I fit in this saying, because like you, I am exhausted!  :o:p
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 07.10.2017
    Unfortunately, the Island Farm started in regular schedule. It's because the previous 2 temporary farm have a mess day due to previous WWC (the Island Farm in WWC have 28 days duration). Similar with you, I didn't like this. Maybe I'll take a rest for this one (unless if 'they' want to mess us more with new Coptober event)
    Post edited by Surya54 (INT1) on
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Unfortunately, the Island Farm started in regular schedule. It's because the previous 2 temporary farm have a mess day due to previous WWC (the Island Farm in WWC have 28 days duration). Similar with you, I didn't like this. Maybe I'll take a rest for this one (unless if 'they' want to mess us more with new Coptober event)
    I wouldn't be surprised if the next, unknown Cooptober event, will be needing peanuts and mango or so from the temp. island.....  :#  :'(
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    edited 07.10.2017
    I blame the survey form they send out.  The answers to many questions can be tweaked to suit GGS.  Take the 'challenge' question... I can't quote word for word, but it's similar to this:

'Are you satisfied with the challenges in the game?'

If you answer 'yes' then they will take it that you clearly like challenges.... ...so they can shove in a few more.
    If you answer 'no' then they will take it that  you clearly like challenges but that you feel there are not enough........so they can shove in a few more.

Most businesses like to have a reason for a negative response so I feel there really should be a space to explain briefly why your response was 'no....Which in my case would be 'There are too many, with not enough breathing space between each one.

They also need to ask about each specific event to find out which is the most popular and which can be ditched.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 07.10.2017
    I blame the survey form they send out.  The answers to many questions can be tweaked to suit GGS.  Take the 'challenge' question... I can't quote word for word, but it's similar to this:

'Are you satisfied with the challenges in the game?'

If you answer 'yes' then they will take it that you clearly like challenges.... ...so they can shove in a few more.
    If you answer 'no' then they will take it that  you clearly like challenges but that you feel there are not enough........so they can shove in a few more.

Most businesses like to have a reason for a negative response so I feel there really should be a space to explain briefly why your response was 'no....Which in my case would be 'There are too many, with not enough breathing space between each one.

They also need to ask about each specific event to find out which is the most popular and which can be ditched.

One of my gripes is the poorly-designed questionnaire.  Obviously not put together by a marketing research professional.  The information they collect is useless, and as you pointed out, can be read to reinforce whatever they are doing at the moment.  And no open-ended questions which would yield them valuable insight into what they need to change.  Worthless.  I don't even bother filling them out anymore..

"Do you think we're hitting you in the head with a hammer enough?"  Answering either "yes" or "no" will still get you hit in the head with a hammer.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    I agree completely Val : the complete survey can be interpreted that way. That is why I do not send it in anymore. 
    Useless document.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I agree completely Val : the complete survey can be interpreted that way. That is why I do not send it in anymore. 
    Useless document.
    Rowdy, Wascally, or Cuddly, will any of you be able to approach GGS with a better type of questionnaire...one that can not be interpreted but only one way?  We would also like to have a comments section added to each area of the questionnaire so as to add detail that might be missed otherwise.  Thank you! <3:D

• I agree completely Val : the complete survey can be interpreted that way. That is why I do not send it in anymore. 
    Useless document.
    What I laugh about the questionaires and the stories that the players requested this or that, we as players never know for sure what is true. One thing i do know that is true is players have requested a fail safe on using gold, and GGS refuse to implement one, we all know why... GGS will make anything up to suit their own needs. Players said the CC was too often at every 6 weeks, so GGS give us it every 2 week ! hmmm they certainly listen to us. I have noticed, GGS at last have mentioned Big Farm changing to Html5 and being here for years to come. but one big thing they miss out, will all our farm move over to html5 or will we have to rebuild ? Of course if it is rebuild, flash player will be blamed, this is the reason that I will not build anymore, will we lose it all and have to start again. o:) 
  • is there a possibility that thew temp farm will be needed for the up and coming COOPTOBER AVENT
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Omg  @bikeboy (GB1)  if that actually happens  I will be gone am not rebuilding  spent too much money  to get where I am that should not be on the table at all!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    i dont think its anything to do with that at all, they could easily have adjusted things to fall into place easily after WWC without piling one event on top another or following on almost immediately

why has the weekly event 'lost' the couple of days inbetween and now follows one after the other straight away?

and CC after cc with very little time inbetween the last three?

its simply stacking events in short time to make as much money out of players as possible in the shortest possible time and ive seen no hint that this wont continue cos just when you think 'surely, they wont'.... they do 
    Useless document.
    Rowdy, Wascally, or Cuddly, will any of you be able to approach GGS with a better type of questionnaire...one that can not be interpreted but only one way?  We would also like to have a comments section added to each area of the questionnaire so as to add detail that might be missed otherwise.  Thank you! <3:D

GGS should make a survey or poll on the forum, which you can fill in just once and where everyone can see the results and how many people filled it. Any other type, where we cannot look at the results, is useless in my opinion. GGS can always state any outcome, because no one can check it.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    GGS does not need to keep taking useless surveys... just listen to players here on the forum... it says it all!
    Well I am going to guess and say that is mostly likely the general opinion @JVD (US1)  but in complete fairness there are a lot of players who don't come to forum at all. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Damaria3 (US1), very true,  but the surveys sent to our ingame pm are useless... send a decent one to our email where we can express our true opinions and they can't read into the answers as they want...  
    Oh I agree that the survey is useless  they interpret it however they please.  With no ability to write in your concerns and problems  it is all drivel.  Sorry no disrespect meant to GGS  just not a good way to understand players at all. 
    Well I am going to guess and say that is mostly likely the general opinion @JVD (US1)  but in complete fairness there are a lot of players who don't come to forum at all. 
    Then let GGS sent an ingame message with a link to a survey on the forum.....problem solved
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 09.10.2017

What I hope happens is that someone higher up visits the Forum regularly, but I am not holding my breath.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    JVD (US1) said:
    GGS does not need to keep taking useless surveys... just listen to players here on the forum... it says it all!
    EXACTLY!!!!!! 

The answer I got to this is that not everyone goes to the forums. Everyone is sent a survey.
    Still, the forums have enough of us posting what makes us happy and what makes everyone mad.  Now if they have any questions about anything THEN send out a more specific survey.

To which they will ignore the answers anyway.

Just a game people.  If you need a break, take one.  I consistently let the temp farms go.  The ship won't ask for seeds other than what you just go as long as you never visit the new temp farm.  I stocked up on the candy one last round so I'm good for awhile now.

Coop challenges too, I'll always do a few just to get the perks for everyone, and pick up some certs.
    But I'm not making a career out of this.  If I have time to sit and play fine.  If not, fine.  And no more is expected from anyone in any of my coops.  Play to have fun and if something isn't fun let it go.

Surely GG has ways of keeping track what gets played and what gets ignored.  That would be more accurate information than their lame survey.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 10.10.2017
    Does anyone know if it has been confirmed if there will be a seashell income booster near the end of the tropical farm? Sorry, I am not 100% sure where to post this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file