Home General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Dockyard Strategy Calculator

2»

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

I found that the only time it is not accurate is if you try to save more time than is available, for example trying to save 3 hours on a 2 hour trip.

@DoctorX (INT1)

Hi Doc,  I really like your calculator.  I have a suggestion that might help the situation noted above.
    You can use conditional formatting and an IF statement that will highlight the cell in red if the "time saved" exceeds the necessary fishing time, such as:
    If(necessary fishing time < time saved * -100%),TRUE,FALSE)

This will not correct the problem but it will alert the user that they have exceeded the amount and are wasting gear.  This can also work for added coolers & fish per hour.  There are some people that think simply add all coolers and get more fish, or add all fish per hour and catch a lot more in that time, or add all time saved and that they will still get a lot of fish in a little bit of time.  Red highlighting can help them make better choices.

My calculator is still in progress because I have it on 1 sheet for each boat because I was trying to work out all the minor details and profit early on, just haven't had time to focus to get it completed.  I use the conditional formatting to alert when there is unneeded gear.

Breakdown on the Lab
    126,321,371,000 (lab cost) ÷ 5,000,000 (Average daily earnings) = 25,264.27 days
    25,264.27 (days) ÷ 365 (days in a year) = 69.22 years to fully upgrade the Lab
    That's if you use the daily earnings to upgrade the Lab ONLY, no spending on other upgrades, islands, boosters, or anything else.

• I found that the only time it is not accurate is if you try to save more time than is available, for example trying to save 3 hours on a 2 hour trip.

@DoctorX (INT1)

Hi Doc,  I really like your calculator.  I have a suggestion that might help the situation noted above.
    You can use conditional formatting and an IF statement that will highlight the cell in red if the "time saved" exceeds the necessary fishing time, such as:
    If(necessary fishing time < time saved * -100%),TRUE,FALSE)

This will not correct the problem but it will alert the user that they have exceeded the amount and are wasting gear.  This can also work for added coolers & fish per hour.  There are some people that think simply add all coolers and get more fish, or add all fish per hour and catch a lot more in that time, or add all time saved and that they will still get a lot of fish in a little bit of time.  Red highlighting can help them make better choices.

My calculator is still in progress because I have it on 1 sheet for each boat because I was trying to work out all the minor details and profit early on, just haven't had time to focus to get it completed.  I use the conditional formatting to alert when there is unneeded gear.
    I will take a look at this and add it to the next version. Thanks
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,347
    I thought I would tag everyone who has commented thus far to let you know the latest version of the calculator is now available

@Southern (US1) @ryune (INT1) @JVD (US1) @maxiroy (US1) @Jiesta (NL1) @dchen1 (US1) @PBH (GB1) @tessa17 (US1) @SANDRAUser60 (US1) @Lylu (INT1) @archerbob (AU1) @Letty.liongamez (GB1) @ninjahuman (AU1)

If I missed some one I apologize
    Thanks  :)
    ninjahuman @ au 1
  • thank you @DoctorX (INT1)

Made by  farmerjohn 22 (US1)  Thank you
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,760
    Excellent, thanks @DoctorX (INT1)

designed by Michiru (GB1)
    **Everything you want to know about Big Farm click BIG FARM WIKI**

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Once again: incredible handy thingy!!  Rest assured it will be used to pieces!
    THANKS again for your time & energy!! Highly appreciated!

Bedankt smileys Smileys en emoticons

Sig designed by farmerjohn 22 (US1). THX!!

• HI @DoctorX (INT1)

I love, Love, LOVE your spreadsheet!  Thank you so much for making it! and sharing it with us!!  :-)

I bet you are really enjoying the challenge of designing this spreadsheet!  I have found it accurate so far. I love to make them, but I am not as skilled at it as you are!  I love Excel too!!

The one thing that I desperately need please is to be able to add multiple combinations of non-standard crew or coolers in the same category in order to get what I want.  This is what is really missing for me.

I might want a combination of 3 different coolers, or 2-3 crew for fish/hour, etc.  Whatever makes my numbers come out like I want them to!  So, I need to be able to add them all instead of only 1 in each category as it is now.  You probably will just need to add some more lines for each item to do that. 

(I had noticed that Pools 1 and 4 as I recall had an error, should be 3 hrs. and 15 min. travel time.  I think you already have that information, as I saw you mention it above. I didn't see any other errors on the pools.  I sent a message to CrazyBigFarm55 (Nina) about it last week.)

Might be nice to be able to add how many of each kind of fish is left in the pool, instead of just the total number of fish-(if GGS always puts the odd fish in the same place that is.) That way our money figures would be more accurate.

I would really like for GGS to put the net number of fish in the fishing report.  I also want them to show ALL of the crew, coolers, and any other equipment that was used when the boat comes in.  It would be nice to be able to go back and look at this when the boat is out fishing too.  I guess for now, I will just have to write it all down!

I'm not sure just what I want yet, but I need to design a form to keep track of what my boats are doing at which holes and which positions on each hole with each crew/equipment set up, for which fish, etc..  For example:  This is what I sent them out with, this is what came back!  I'll have to work on that!  :-)  Hmmm....now I have more ideas, I kind of roll things around in my head for awhile, then finally put it all down - probably on a huge spreadsheet - data sheet!

Perhaps, at some post you might consider a post fishing section where we could put in the actual figures of how many of which fish we actually caught and lost, for some net accurate totals.  We would of course have to keep a record of the pre-fishing info we put into your calculator, and probably enter it again, then put in the actual catch info, and we would have an accurate total of all.  All depends on what we choose to do and how much record keeping we want to do.

I have maxed out my boats for the maximum number of fish that are possible for that boat at the level I have. It is good to know your boat's maximum capability regardless of the cost, or time, etc. Then if I want to clear out a pool for example, that has 85 fish in it, I know I will need more than 1 of my Level 6 motorboats-that have a max of 60 fish (so far as I know right now anyway. LOL)  So then I would need more than 1 boat to clear it out!  I could do all kinds of combinations of boats to do that too.  Or combinations of different boats. All depends on how fast I want to do it, how long it will take, how many boats I have available, etc.  I had a pool today with only 3 fish left in it! I probably lost money on that one, but needed it cleared out.  Managed to do it in less than an hour!  I found that I could put the number of fish I want the boat to catch in as the number left in the pool and get some suggestions from your sheet.  Still learning to use it to my best advantage.

I guess that is all for now.  If you can just add the non-standard crew/cooler so I can use more than 1 in each category, I will be very, very happy indeed!  Thank You again!

[email protected] us1 Leader of our Freespirits Co-op!  Level 203  Player- over 3 yrs!!   

Come Join Us!  We will teach you all about the game!  Read all about us here:  

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3385617/#Comment_3385617

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    HI @DoctorX (INT1)

I love, Love, LOVE your spreadsheet!  Thank you so much for making it! and sharing it with us!!  :-)

I bet you are really enjoying the challenge of designing this spreadsheet!  I have found it accurate so far. I love to make them, but I am not as skilled at it as you are!  I love Excel too!!

The one thing that I desperately need please is to be able to add multiple combinations of non-standard crew or coolers in the same category in order to get what I want.  This is what is really missing for me.

@Craftycritters (US1)
    Hi,  I know this message is for Doc,  but I am just curious about your request, as to why you would want to "add multiple combinations of non-standard crew or coolers"  And to clarify do you mean add different coolers or crew to one boat?

Breakdown on the Lab
    126,321,371,000 (lab cost) ÷ 5,000,000 (Average daily earnings) = 25,264.27 days
    25,264.27 (days) ÷ 365 (days in a year) = 69.22 years to fully upgrade the Lab
    That's if you use the daily earnings to upgrade the Lab ONLY, no spending on other upgrades, islands, boosters, or anything else.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Feature Request:

@DoctorX (INT1)

I would like to request a feature for the Dockyard Calculator that would really make my life easier. :)

Right now, if I put in a number for "Total Quantity Left", select "Profit/Trip" and "Range: Best", it calculates the least expensive Equipment needed to fish up the Quantity I've input.

I would like to request a setting similar to "Profit/Hour" that will, instead, calculate the FASTEST way to fish up the quantity I've input, regardless of cost.  (IE, I don't care how expensive it is, I just want it to do it in the fastest way possible).

Right now I'm using "Profit/Trip" as a starting point and fiddling with the equipment a bit to get the fastest time possible.

IE., in the screenshot below:

"Profit/Trip" wants me to equip 7/1/2/1, but the time requirement is 8h40min.

If I adjust it so that it's 6/1/3/1, I can cut the time down to 8h17min.  Granted, I use another $15k Roy instead of a $1k Brigette, but that's not my concern; I just want the fastest turnaround on the boats possible.

Would that be possible?

Success Team is an active, friendly co-op looking for daily adult players. Click here if interested or apply in game today! :)
  • Feature Request:

@DoctorX (INT1)

I would like to request a feature for the Dockyard Calculator that would really make my life easier. :)

Right now, if I put in a number for "Total Quantity Left", select "Profit/Trip" and "Range: Best", it calculates the least expensive Equipment needed to fish up the Quantity I've input.

I would like to request a setting similar to "Profit/Hour" that will, instead, calculate the FASTEST way to fish up the quantity I've input, regardless of cost.  (IE, I don't care how expensive it is, I just want it to do it in the fastest way possible).

Right now I'm using "Profit/Trip" as a starting point and fiddling with the equipment a bit to get the fastest time possible.

IE., in the screenshot below:

"Profit/Trip" wants me to equip 7/1/2/1, but the time requirement is 8h40min.

If I adjust it so that it's 6/1/3/1, I can cut the time down to 8h17min.  Granted, I use another $15k Roy instead of a $1k Brigette, but that's not my concern; I just want the fastest turnaround on the boats possible.

Would that be possible?
    Hi Everyone

Sorry for not releasing a new update, I have been really busy the last while. 
    I Will look into this and create a new version as soon as I can.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Sig designed by farmerjohn 22 (US1). THX!!

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,760

designed by Michiru (GB1)
    **Everything you want to know about Big Farm click BIG FARM WIKI**

•  
    Made by  farmerjohn 22 (US1)  Thank you
Sign In to comment.