Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Cooptober" Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    We need a start date and time for any Coop HWE.  We have 70 members....they will not be all on at the same time, without notification.  The event is mathematically unfair if the start date and time is not disclosed.

Also, are there going to be boosters or anything requiring coop dollars for the Coop HWE?  The extra CC's are draining us.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    We need a start date and time for any Coop HWE.  We have 70 members....they will not be all on at the same time, without notification.  The event is mathematically unfair if the start date and time is not disclosed.

Also, are there going to be boosters or anything requiring coop dollars for the Coop HWE?  The extra CC's are draining us.
    I wholeheartedly agree!
  • @SANDRAUser60 (US1) Thanks so much, now I'm going to be hearing that song in my head all night! :p 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Please fix the Deep sea fishing before you add anything new. You did say you were working on it.

The contracts still ask for outrageous amounts of shellfish. The fishing pools are still mostly lobster.  Most importantly, the contracts will not stay set at value 99.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    I just want my dogs/happiness back, you can keep your cat tree I promise I will never ever download it to any of my farms, and I promise that if things keep going like they are I will never buy gold no matter how tempting the offers get...
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Please fix the Deep sea fishing before you add anything new. You did say you were working on it.

The contracts still ask for outrageous amounts of shellfish. The fishing pools are still mostly lobster.  Most importantly, the contracts will not stay set at value 99.
    Cut profits by 90% for direct sales, fine, but at least have the decency to cut the price for crew and equipment 90% as well..... 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Cut profits by 90% for direct sales, fine, but at least have the decency to cut the price for crew and equipment 90% as well..... 
    I think it is fine to keep them as they are now, you can still earn a very good profit using them with their current prices. Also I think that if they are lowered too much then there is less planning needed in whether they still make a profit or not. With the current setup we can still earn a very good profit but we need to be more careful in our crew selection in order to prevent making a loss.
    I had not even noticed that presents from the dog stopped, but it is true, I have not seen one in days..  I guess that I can remove my dog houses.  They are useless otherwise.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720

Agreed! Thats my main issue.....You can't claim the deep sea was adjusted for "balance" then leave the price of equipment and crew exactly the same. Lab upgrades are still extremely expensive and I don't see GGS rushing to reduce those prices, if balance was purely their motive everything would be adjusted back to make the game fair.

If its all about GGS not wanting players to upgrade and produce gold products then it shouldn't even be in lab. I predict some time in the future, 5 years (assuming this game lasts that long) that GGS will "adjust" farm labs by removing all gold products (tokens, gold boxes, gold itself etc) because too many players have upgraded their labs to that point which in turn will frustrate everyone even more. 
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'( 

I need a new boat .A fload is coming.

• WascallyWabbit   said.....        
    During the next month there will be more events dedicated to cooperatives than usual, with more iteration of the Cooperative Challenge and a new version of the Hard Work Event where you can participate together with your Cooperative members to earn a lot of rewards!  

Wabbit ...  I wish they would fix these "new" bugs first before adding to them with more "new" events that always come with "new" bugs....geez "oh" pete  

I don't want new co-op events...I can't blame those in a co-op for being mad about the cce again at our door and not participating  because they are still dealing with their dog "poo" they dumped on them along with the cooptober event with all it's joys.  Now a new Hard Worker that we all have to Hard Worker for together... :/  

I going to take my "real" dogs & go to the woods for some hiking...I need a vacation from this game that was once fun & relaxing.  B)

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507

The contracts still ask for outrageous amounts of shellfish. The fishing pools are still mostly lobster.  Most importantly, the contracts will not stay set at value 99
    If you fulfill 1 item contract then declining the other 1 item contract at the same time, the value would be stalled.
  • If you fulfill 1 item contract then declining the other 1 item contract at the same time, the value would be stalled.

Please elaborate.

This sounds interesting.

Are you saying if you fill a Contract that is asking for only 1 item,

and immediately decline another 1-item Contract,

it locks in a the Value..?

I don't understand. Please help me.

As I rarely have 2 Contracts calling for just one item at the same time.

Thanks for your help !

Yes it'll lock in the value, but only if you do that at same moment (declining and fulfilling sequence doesn't matter). Trying on value 50+ contract and it works.
    edited 04.10.2017
    FYI, because you fulfill and decline the contract with same amount of item variant at same time, market will be confused and treat it as you do nothing

Thank you Surya.

I'm still not sure I understand

(old folks like me don't understand a lot about this sort of stuff - LOL!)

but I'll certainly look at it differently now & try to figure it out.

I spend quite a bit of energy trying to fish properly & make it pay..

Perhaps you've handed me a golden opportunity to better help myself !

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am playing the Oktoberfest haphazardly and don't care....I fill whatever I can...make stuff as I can and don't be concerned about rankings etc.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I am playing the Oktoberfest haphazardly and don't care....I fill whatever I can...make stuff as I can and don't be concerned about rankings etc.
    I quit making products altogether.  I just fill contracts (quite a few, as it turns out) with just what lazy sleepy dude gives me.  So stress free.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Basically for every contract you decline you take one step backwards and for every contract you accept you take one step forward.  So if you submit one and decline one you will still be in the same spot.
  • What we need is a BETTER EXPLAINATION of what all is going on in this Cooptober thing..... sounds ridiculous to me.  just more piled on top of more on top of more... when all we've asked for is less..... yeah - great job listening to your players GGS..... :tired_face::s
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 05.10.2017
    This is my attitude to it too, and it will be with the HW coop thingy.  There are only 5 in our coop, very rare that there are two players on at the same time (it can sometimes be a week before a conversation is finished lol), so we will just do as we usually do - collect the seaweed for starting the HWE then sit back and dont bother with it. There is far too much competition in this game now and I find that I am playing less and less each week, which is a great shame as I really used to look forward to looking after my farm :(
    Post edited by bdreish (GB1) on
    The next temp farm......does it start when this CC ends or when the CC would normally have ended (which would have been Tuesday morning)

Good question, Gavin...

We don't know what's what anymore.

There's so much confusion here now.

Even our Co-Op Leaders are having trouble getting straight,

timely information.

And we fear the Mods aren't much better off - no matter how hard they try

to get straight answers for us.

Something is definitely not right at GG-BF H.Q. and we're suffering for it greatly.

If they would only say "here's the problem we're having with such-and-such,

here's what we're doing to fix it,

and you'll be playing the game you love so much by such-and-such a time."

So is anyone else thinking HayDay might be a fun alternative...?

• I had not even noticed that presents from the dog stopped, but it is true, I have not seen one in days..  I guess that I can remove my dog houses.  They are useless otherwise.
    That's odd, I still get mine.  My dog is only a level 5 and doesn't have a special color on mf. Perhaps that's why???

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I had not even noticed that presents from the dog stopped, but it is true, I have not seen one in days..  I guess that I can remove my dog houses.  They are useless otherwise.
    That's odd, I still get mine.  My dog is only a level 5 and doesn't have a special color on mf. Perhaps that's why???

Nope, my dog is level 5 as well and original colour, no gifts since the update.
    We've discovered that the bug seems to have different effect for different players
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I am not sure what GGS has in store for us for the "Cooptober". I can no longer appreciate their idea of fun.  They themselves delayed the oktoberfest because they felt it was not fun enough but then released it anyway with very few changes, certainly not anything that made even the slightest difference.  I could certainly appreciate something new and exciting but if it is going to require the use of an island or other parts of the game that should be optional then I certainly would not consider it to be fun.  If it is just another push for gold, then I certainly would not consider that fun.  I don't mind buying gold but I do not want to be forced into buying gold.
  • My dogs hide all day also ~ with my animation on ~ but I did notice when I turn off my animation, he sits in front of his dog house.  I still only get the XP points when I feed & train him... & who cares  :/   huh..

I took care of my cat problem tho   :)   I bought the Beckoning Cat from the "Lucky coin Omar" ...he sits there  next to my dog...pretty as can be and waves all day long, I figure once the cat fiasco finally gets some attention maybe I'll be ready to add a companion for him.   :# 

Time will tell   B) 

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    When this coptober thing start how much time there is ?
    I heard that new event start at Monday
  • why is there no offical announcment about the cooptober event, come on guys do u really think after oktoberfest and an early coop challange you can spring this on players, what has happened to the event calander we had why has that not been ongoing
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    When will we get more information as to what the events are & when will they start?
Sign In to comment.