Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

"Cooptober" Discussion

Comments

• FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,218
    We need a start date and time for any Coop HWE.  We have 70 members....they will not be all on at the same time, without notification.  The event is mathematically unfair if the start date and time is not disclosed.

Also, are there going to be boosters or anything requiring coop dollars for the Coop HWE?  The extra CC's are draining us.
    I wholeheartedly agree!
        Original acrylic painting by FarmerCli

• @SANDRAUser60 (US1) Thanks so much, now I'm going to be hearing that song in my head all night! :p 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,862
    Cut profits by 90% for direct sales, fine, but at least have the decency to cut the price for crew and equipment 90% as well..... 
    I think it is fine to keep them as they are now, you can still earn a very good profit using them with their current prices. Also I think that if they are lowered too much then there is less planning needed in whether they still make a profit or not. With the current setup we can still earn a very good profit but we need to be more careful in our crew selection in order to prevent making a loss.
    ninjahuman @ au 1
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Please fix the Deep sea fishing before you add anything new. You did say you were working on it.

The contracts still ask for outrageous amounts of shellfish. The fishing pools are still mostly lobster.  Most importantly, the contracts will not stay set at value 99
    If you fulfill 1 item contract then declining the other 1 item contract at the same time, the value would be stalled.
    Surya54 @ WWW 1

Keep it up!
  • If you fulfill 1 item contract then declining the other 1 item contract at the same time, the value would be stalled.

Please elaborate.

This sounds interesting.

Are you saying if you fill a Contract that is asking for only 1 item,

and immediately decline another 1-item Contract,

it locks in a the Value..?

I don't understand. Please help me.

As I rarely have 2 Contracts calling for just one item at the same time.

Thanks for your help !

Yes it'll lock in the value, but only if you do that at same moment (declining and fulfilling sequence doesn't matter). Trying on value 50+ contract and it works.
    Surya54 @ WWW 1

Keep it up!
    edited 04.10.2017
    FYI, because you fulfill and decline the contract with same amount of item variant at same time, market will be confused and treat it as you do nothing
    Surya54 @ WWW 1

Keep it up!

Thank you Surya.

I'm still not sure I understand

(old folks like me don't understand a lot about this sort of stuff - LOL!)

but I'll certainly look at it differently now & try to figure it out.

I spend quite a bit of energy trying to fish properly & make it pay..

Perhaps you've handed me a golden opportunity to better help myself !

• FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,218
    I am playing the Oktoberfest haphazardly and don't care....I fill whatever I can...make stuff as I can and don't be concerned about rankings etc.
        Original acrylic painting by FarmerCli

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,405
    I am playing the Oktoberfest haphazardly and don't care....I fill whatever I can...make stuff as I can and don't be concerned about rankings etc.
    I quit making products altogether.  I just fill contracts (quite a few, as it turns out) with just what lazy sleepy dude gives me.  So stress free.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Basically for every contract you decline you take one step backwards and for every contract you accept you take one step forward.  So if you submit one and decline one you will still be in the same spot.

Breakdown on the Lab
    126,321,371,000 (lab cost) ÷ 5,000,000 (Average daily earnings) = 25,264.27 days
    25,264.27 (days) ÷ 365 (days in a year) = 69.22 years to fully upgrade the Lab
    That's if you use the daily earnings to upgrade the Lab ONLY, no spending on other upgrades, islands, boosters, or anything else.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 05.10.2017
    This is my attitude to it too, and it will be with the HW coop thingy.  There are only 5 in our coop, very rare that there are two players on at the same time (it can sometimes be a week before a conversation is finished lol), so we will just do as we usually do - collect the seaweed for starting the HWE then sit back and dont bother with it. There is far too much competition in this game now and I find that I am playing less and less each week, which is a great shame as I really used to look forward to looking after my farm :(
    Post edited by bdreish (GB1) on
    bdreish @ en 1
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,209
    The next temp farm......does it start when this CC ends or when the CC would normally have ended (which would have been Tuesday morning)
    gavinfarms @ us 1

Good question, Gavin...

We don't know what's what anymore.

There's so much confusion here now.

Even our Co-Op Leaders are having trouble getting straight,

timely information.

And we fear the Mods aren't much better off - no matter how hard they try

to get straight answers for us.

Something is definitely not right at GG-BF H.Q. and we're suffering for it greatly.

If they would only say "here's the problem we're having with such-and-such,

here's what we're doing to fix it,

and you'll be playing the game you love so much by such-and-such a time."

So is anyone else thinking HayDay might be a fun alternative...?

• I had not even noticed that presents from the dog stopped, but it is true, I have not seen one in days..  I guess that I can remove my dog houses.  They are useless otherwise.
    That's odd, I still get mine.  My dog is only a level 5 and doesn't have a special color on mf. Perhaps that's why???

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I had not even noticed that presents from the dog stopped, but it is true, I have not seen one in days..  I guess that I can remove my dog houses.  They are useless otherwise.
    That's odd, I still get mine.  My dog is only a level 5 and doesn't have a special color on mf. Perhaps that's why???

Nope, my dog is level 5 as well and original colour, no gifts since the update.
    We've discovered that the bug seems to have different effect for different players
  • My dogs hide all day also ~ with my animation on ~ but I did notice when I turn off my animation, he sits in front of his dog house.  I still only get the XP points when I feed & train him... & who cares  :/   huh..

I took care of my cat problem tho   :)   I bought the Beckoning Cat from the "Lucky coin Omar" ...he sits there  next to my dog...pretty as can be and waves all day long, I figure once the cat fiasco finally gets some attention maybe I'll be ready to add a companion for him.   :# 

Time will tell   B) 

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    When this coptober thing start how much time there is ?
    I heard that new event start at Monday
  • why is there no offical announcment about the cooptober event, come on guys do u really think after oktoberfest and an early coop challange you can spring this on players, what has happened to the event calander we had why has that not been ongoing
    57ELAINE @ en 1
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 257
    When will we get more information as to what the events are & when will they start?
Sign In to comment.