Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Cooptober" Discussion

Comments

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Not sure why everyone gets upset when the CC comes along.  If your co-op doesn't want to participate then you don't have to.   GGS is not forcing anyone to participate in it.

There are lots of co-ops out there that make the CC optional, meaning if you want to participate go for it, if you don't then all is good.

I participate when I am on but I don't play 24/7 cause i work.  And I certainly don't feel bad about it either.  I just do what I can and collect the rewards.  No need to let this stress me out.

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Not sure why everyone gets upset when the CC comes along.  If your co-op doesn't want to participate then you don't have to.   GGS is not forcing anyone to participate in it.

There are lots of co-ops out there that make the CC optional, meaning if you want to participate go for it, if you don't then all is good.

I participate when I am on but I don't play 24/7 cause i work.  And I certainly don't feel bad about it either.  I just do what I can and collect the rewards.  No need to let this stress me out.

Maybe becaouse people are dead tired of having it same over and over again. "Same thing" that can put a coop up or down - in my coop we will NT go futher down as we are (Bronze), as we want to stay where we are, and even we do see that everyone takes part of it, then we also can see, that not all does...

And CC also does has some prizes, that might come handy, even not all does, and not all is happy about them...

If we had the same island over and over all the time, it wouldnt be so funny either, would it? Or if we had the WWC (whenever that ones come along again), would it be fun to have it starting over and over again just a few days after it just had finnished? Or if we got the bees within a range of every few days?
    @Tinzen (SKN1)   personally i could care less if the same island came over and over again because I don't do the temporary farms every time they come.  And even if it was the same island there is no rule saying I have to play it everytime it starts.   I'd be happy about the bees I have lots of sunflower seeds  :smiley:  . 

We will have to just agree to disagree.  I don't see the big deal about the CC, but that is just me.  To me it is optional and a person has to decide how important the CC is to their game play.  It's part of the strategy. 
  • This is a a mistake...our  co-op trophy says 8 more days until the next CCE....OR does it mean they are going to start running every 8 days  ??   We are not happy campers but hey.. that seems to be the norm now   :/
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    One of the most attractive things about the HWE is that it wasn't tied in with coops at all.  Just our own hard work, working the way we wanted to try to win some decent prizes.

The repeated plea from players over the years was not to make it a coop thing -- and, of course, they are doing the exact opposite as if to punish us for ... what ... hating the Village?  getting angry over the DSF debacle?  not embracing Octoberfest?  feeling ripped off over the cat fiasco?  asking that the CCs be less often, not more?

Don't know what pushes their buttons to make us miserable, but we're doing a fine job of it!
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

I am not trying to argue here but I would like to point something out. If coops do not participate in the coop challenges they drop in the leagues and then have to fight their way back up. Each league offers better prizes so a coop would of course most likely want to stay in the better league.  It is hard enough to get in the top spots sometimes. A coop would have to redo the league they dropped back into with the lesser prizes if they choose not to participate, so in a sense coops are forced to participate if they want to stay in the league they are in.
  • don't overlook that extra added byline concerning "Cooptober" .........

".... a new version of the Hard Work Event where you can participate together with your Cooperative members to earn a lot of rewards!"

a new version of Hard Work Event???  Sorry, GGS, but you are not to be trusted (sadly).
    I smell a nerf in the works........ 
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    don't overlook that extra added byline concerning "Cooptober" .........

".... a new version of the Hard Work Event where you can participate together with your Cooperative members to earn a lot of rewards!"

a new version of Hard Work Event???  Sorry, GGS, but you are not to be trusted (sadly).
    I smell a nerf in the works........ 
    I am hoping this is in addition to the original, not as a replacement. The original HW is my favorite event.

Personal I don't see a need for more co-op events.

I am not trying to argue here but I would like to point something out. If coops do not participate in the coop challenges they drop in the leagues and then have to fight their way back up. Each league offers better prizes so a coop would of course most likely want to stay in the better league.  It is hard enough to get in the top spots sometimes. A coop would have to redo the league they dropped back into with the lesser prizes if they choose not to participate, so in a sense coops are forced to participate if they want to stay in the league they are in.

I don't think you are being argumentative at all.  I do see what you are saying.  But it still is all about choices.  Maybe co-op C couldn't play last time and now would be happy to play this time.  If staying in the top spots is important then the co-op is going to have to work to stay there.  Again it is about choices.  

There is just no way to please everyone with the timing of it anyways.  Even if you had it once a month the timing would be still end up being inconvenient for someone.
  • One of the most attractive things about the HWE is that it wasn't tied in with coops at all.  Just our own hard work, working the way we wanted to try to win some decent prizes.

The repeated plea from players over the years was not to make it a coop thing -- and, of course, they are doing the exact opposite as if to punish us for ... what ... hating the Village?  getting angry over the DSF debacle?  not embracing Octoberfest?  feeling ripped off over the cat fiasco?  asking that the CCs be less often, not more?
    Don't know what pushes their buttons to make us miserable, but we're doing a fine job of it!

I too love the individual events Artful  :)  almost as much as I love your cows Halloween costume  :p   so cute btw

That would be a most excellent suggestion that they do more single player events...I think it is why so many go solo, they get tired of always doing for the co-op, we all want to pull our weight ( but not all do) and when they(ggs) pull these shenanigans ~ they are on-going ~ I think some don't know what to do about it. It is why some leave, some get mad, some fuss & cuss and some just cry.  :'( 

I picture after a long day of work, they...GGS...sit around having a beer and laughing about what they could do to us to really pee :#  us off..lol..  Yeah yeah someones says. lets do it AND here we sit, all having a good laugh  :D   
    I don't buy into this whole "Cooptober" excuse.  They forgot about the countdown timer???  That makes NO sense what-so-ever.  What was GGS going to do? come in 1st thing Monday morning, send out an OA that it is Coop Month and immediately hit the switch for the coop challenge with no warning or countdown timer???  
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I don't buy into this whole "Cooptober" excuse.  They forgot about the countdown timer???  That makes NO sense what-so-ever.  What was GGS going to do? come in 1st thing Monday morning, send out an OA that it is Coop Month and immediately hit the switch for the coop challenge with no warning or countdown timer???  
    Wouldn't be the first time.
  • I just had a member give me notice they were "done."  A member who has been with my coop for several years. Reason being he is frustrated beyond his love of the game.... has fishing bugs - can't reel in fish, dockyard issues - can't upgrade boats, dog bugs, crashing issues. Has tried all the posted fixes. Has contacted support but received 0 replies to 3 tickets - other than the form letter acknowledging receipt.  Isn't participating in the Oktoberfest because they didn't open the Candy Farm, Is upset about the CC because account has crashed twice during missions, feels insulted now with the Cooptober announcement. Just messaged me he is done and signed off.  I am hoping tomorrow I will see him back.

The frustration he is expressing is mirrored by many of my other coopers. I understand where they are coming from. I didn't open the Candy Farm either this go around and have only minimally participated in the Oktoberfest event because of it. Several of us are in the same situation. Also experiencing bugs and glitches - as many here have also posted.

Please, PLEASE, ask whomever it needs to be, to address the bus and glitches BEFORE giving us more. My coop isn't one of the large, fully developed groups.  We are level 66, created in 2013. We've made it into the Top 10 Bronze League a few times. A few of us buy gold occasionally, we are not a deep pocket group, but we love the game and try to roll with the ups and down... a lot of downs more recently than ups. We love the game, but the level of enthusiasm has declined. Of 29 members, more than half have been regular daily players for a long time. Only a few of us are on daily for a long period of time any more. Several have left and the newer players don't stick around very long.

There are many who still love this game and want to play it daily... please realize we joined for a fun, farming game.... we did not sign on to play a competitive battle-strategy oriented game. Cooptober isn't causing any excitement in my group.. just the opposite, in fact.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Actually, we're not forced to participating in any event that we can't afford it. But as long as there is one of our rival started it and will affect our reputation or glory, we've no choice but to fight back.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    What is coptober :'( I don't know that :s
  • What is coptober :'( I don't know that :s
    A play on words; Coop mixed with October = cooptober  ....... :)

Co-Optober... hmmnnn...

Gee, let's hope they rectify the missing Dogs, Cats and Cat Charm issues

before they launch another un-tested, buggy, epic-fail event on us.

We're all so badly affected by the ill-conceived dumping on us of late...

we're all battle-weary & suffering greatly from BF post-traumatic stress disorder.

Maybe they can put a Psychiatric Clinic on the Village for us.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Let's see....what can we call this new Psychiatric Clinic?  Hmmm.....how about Psycho-Cooperative Clinic? or Maybe....hmmm...a Psychicoopiatric Clinic?  Ha! Ha!  I'm in line!  :D;):o:*
  • A REAL Funny Farm.... :D  :p ;) :#  

Farmer Freud's Center for the Farming Insane.

• A REAL Funny Farm.... :D  :p ;) :#  

. OMG !  Hahahaha..!  Too "funny"...

Good one, Sandra !  :-D

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    What is coptober :'( I don't know that :s
    A play on words; Coop mixed with October = cooptober  ....... :)

@White _Doves (US1)
    I want to know about that it's some kind of event ?if yes y i didnt  find info about that :'(
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436

I want to know about that it's some kind of event ?if yes y i didnt  find info about that :'(
    Here is the official announcement from Wasically Wabbit:
     https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/162749/cooptober 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    GG must be getting enough gold spenders participating in these to prompt them to do it more.

This time, I'm out.  Too much going on and I do have a life off the computer.  As it is, no matter how hard I try, I can't even get to the second level prize in the candy thing.   So frustrating I just want to ignore ALL the temp farms.   Ignoring the entire coop village, ignoring any advancement with ships.  (sending out what I have empty is all.)  Ignoring the cat thing since it will probably be some time next decade before I see a cat.

Seems there's a lot on my ignore it list.  Farm is finally making some profit though without all this extra nonsense.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I think I am ignoring more than half of what GGS is throwing at me. My co-op since last week has 6 green lights at the most , maybe outside stuff, or worn down by everything , then halloween event, Christmas + isn't it the farms 5th birthday ,GGS normally do something for that. Avatars , skins, fish, CC stuff for sale , 5 windows to close before can start farming. No cat for me ,wont be playing in 4 years because think PC version won't exist 
  • SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 03.10.2017
    I hear you all ...and I am with you, totally !  I am so done with this Okto~puss event, it's tentacles are far to reaching for me to accomplish anything.  :| 

Fill orders with fish in them but that is also needed at the DSF orders
    Fill orders with cream, cherries & sugar, needed for the CF orders
    All the other orders just deplete my other farms of needed materials to make their products

And for what..?  A dandy deco with duckies, a nice happiness value...but forget it I'll never get their in two days not with their impeccable timing (funny how that has not bugs) of said product not being ready in time to fill an order unless of course you use gold !  Heck maybe I'll be able to buy it later...haha  :D 

I feel like a chicken with my head cut off, running from farm to farm and always being a day late and a dollar short...and saying that I fired that good for nothing lazy cook, the only thing I get from him are products I can produce, NO ice cream or fish salad, not even once, gave up on gold ..lol.. (that I got on the test server) long ago.

Ever see a dog that keeps chasing his tail...   :p ....there coming to take me away hehe, haha to the funny farm
    (remember that song anyone ) ?

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    There is a different atmosphere  here at GGS  seems to me they use to plan more  and really did want us to be happy with the events and while glitches not as many as seen now  I am going to say since the last santa event things have sort of gone down hill  well back track  they gave us  DSF  with little problem  that was great  but then this shift  maybe I am crazy but just a gut feeling, maybe it is employee changes  causing this but something seems off. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

....there coming to take me away hehe, haha to the funny farm
    (remember that song anyone ) ?

where life is beautiful all the time .... :)
    And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
    In their clean white coats
    And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa

Sign In to comment.