Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Happy Hour!"

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Yes, happy hour is back and I have Steve working for me and I traded all my karmas for sparkles with the Twins.

• bettina (US1)bettina (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 27.09.2017
    Is anyone else having this issue?  This has happened to me at least 4 times that I have noticed (once yesterday, and 3 times when Happy Hour was previously going on).

I am logged in during the Happy Hour times, and it does not give me credit for all of them. Yesterday, I was logged in during all 3 Happy Hour time segments, but I only got credited for 2.

I am accounting for the time zone difference - I can see that Happy Hour is taking place when I am logged in, so I know that I should be credited.

Also, the last three times, I had been logged in all day. This time, I tried logging out and logging back in DURING the Happy Hour time that it showed I was not logged in and it still did credit me for being logged in.

This means that I do not get the full Weekend Happy Hour bonuses, making it not-so-Happy Hour for me.
  • Last night I logged on during happy hour for the 80% and did not get credit. Today i logged on during the 40% and did not get credit! now i am out tonight! Fix it or take it off! 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    the login time has nothing to do with the percentage, it is not a line item... if you missed one of the earlier logins, you lose the 80% one... you need to login for each and every time period to get all the percentages... 
  • I've got this same problem.  I watch the timer and (re)log in at the appropriate times and it still seems random.  So I use the "sundial timer" thing - still seems ramdom on my credit.  Sometimes I know I'm outside tolerances on both and then I do get credit?  There is no pattern.
  • When you logged in each day, you got a reward and sometimes that meant gold. I haven't gotten a reward now for about a week. Is that part of the game gone now too?

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I have been getting my daily rewards... maybe you missed it with so many pop ups that come with logging in the game?
  • ok since complaining about the 40% i now am getting the 40, but it's time for the 80 and nothing. been online constantly since then. even logged in again. still not 80. wish they would get it right
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    Why there is a daily task ask you to activate a production farm machine while the machine need 2 days to cool down?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Why there is a daily task ask you to activate a production farm machine while the machine need 2 days to cool down?
    You just need to upgrade the tractors.  Many of them can be used every 3-4 hours once they get upgraded to Level 7. :)
    edited 30.09.2017
    ok since complaining about the 40% i now am getting the 40, but it's time for the 80 and nothing. been online constantly since then. even logged in again. still not 80. wish they would get it right
    You get them in order. You get the 20% one first, then the 40% one, then the 80% one.

If you miss one, you'll only get the 20% and 40% ones. 

For instance, if you miss the morning one (7-10AM), but you're on for the 12-3PM one, then you'll get the 20% during the 12-3PM timeframe, then the 40% one during the 6-9PM timeframe (if you're online for it).  You won't ever get the 80% (bottom one) if you miss one of the other 2. In order to get the bonus on the bottom, you have to hit all 3 timeframes.
  • When you logged in each day, you got a reward and sometimes that meant gold. I haven't gotten a reward now for about a week. Is that part of the game gone now too?
    If you change farm before daily reward popup,it not appear.
    Also "The Racing Farmer" can be skipped.
  • Yeah, I get that - it still has bugs.  I'm *specifically checking* that I've logged in at the right times and still not getting credit.  This is for the "morning" log-in and proceeding log-ins where I've already gotten credit for the preceeding time.
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    I have had problems before with not getting credit despite being online & actively playing the game. This week I refreshed the screen at the start of each happy hour & managed to get credit for every one. This morning I picked the field booster which is at 40% increase. The happy hour screen shows it as running. The top of my screen shows it as running. I have refreshed the game this morning as well.

I am not getting any boost. I just harvested rutabagas & got exactly the normal amount.
  • I used to have to wait until 6pm eastern time, log in before the following 6pm and a screen would come up telling me what my reward was today and what it would be if I logged in the rest of the week. I do get a lot of popups and have for a long long time but she has not shown up in my farm for a couple of weeks now. So others are still getting these rewards?
    Yes, I get mine at 6PM Easter (5PM Server Time) on US1 every day..
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    I am so happy to see the Happy Hour is back again this week!  Happy Hour boosters are one of the best features of this game.  However...am I correct that the Candy Voucher set for Thursday will be unusable with the Candy Farm ending in three days?  Doesn't Candy Farm end on Thursday at 8 AM EST with Thursday Happy Hour starting at 8 AM EST?  This is the same problem that occurred with the Viking Farm ending on the morning of the exact same Happy Hour Booster.

If I'm correct, then I am very disappointed to see that this issue was not corrected for Candy Farm, since we informed GGS that the timing of this booster was off with the Viking Farm.  If I remember correctly we were told that it was a timing issue mistake.  I know they are busy with Mobile version, cat, DSF pools and contracts and other programming/developing tasks they have on their plate.  And I appreciate that it is difficult to stay on top of everything and get things right.  But, I don't appreciate that the same mistake is made twice.  Mistakes happen, but should be prioritized to be corrected.

I really hope I'm wrong, and the Happy Hour Booster will be usable for Candy Farm Vouchers on Thursday.  Could one of the moderators please look into this and let us know if Thursday's Happy Hour Candy Voucher booster will work for us this time?

Thank-you and Happy Farming!
  • @Darnchts (US1) It is a mystery where your pop-ups have gone, but the good news is that the rewards are credited as soon as you login & not when you click the pop-up. Your account was checked & you got 124,634 cash from login yesterday, so it would appear to be working ok, aside from the missing pop-ups, which has been reported. :smile:
  • @kwk (US1) The Candy farm & Oktoberfest end at noon on Friday (CEST) so they did manage to get the booster in before it ends this time. Personally I think that it should not be on the last day, as most people will be demolishing their CF by then, but at least it is progress from last time, when the booster missed the event completely. :)
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
     Personally I think that it should not be on the last day, as most people will be demolishing their CF by then.
    I love this!  If anyone ever had any doubts that you're really a BigFarm player who's serious about his farm, this sentence puts that to rest.  Who but a dedicated player would know that we all start demolishing the temp farms ourselves 3 or 4 days before they end?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
     Personally I think that it should not be on the last day, as most people will be demolishing their CF by then.
    I love this!  If anyone ever had any doubts that you're really a BigFarm player who's serious about his farm, this sentence puts that to rest.  Who but a dedicated player would know that we all start demolishing the temp farms ourselves 3 or 4 days before they end?
    Yep! :)
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    WW - Thanks for this information!  I'm so glad I was wrong about the Candy Farm end date!!!  This is great news and I'm willing to stay up late on Thursday night after happy our booster ends to demolish Candy Farm.  

Please let GGS know how much we appreciate their making this change!  And if they will do this booster even just one day earlier that will be great!

Happy Farming from a Happy Camper!  LOL
  • @WascallyWabbit said:
    at least it is progress from last time, when the booster missed the event completely. 

This is just so sloppy, not much care given to the programming is there ???   :\
  • I am tired of being online and active during the happy hours and not getting credit for my evening hours. i have even went as far as logging out and back in, but that doesn't work either! This happened last week and now again this week. I am on during the time period but it is not showing up. I am ready to give up Big farm all together! 
    @WascallyWabbit I noticed one of our weekend booster choices is a reputation points booster. I am guessing its one of 3 things:

1) they picked the booster before they changed the CC time & its of no benefit
    2) the CC will run again over the weekend
    3) a new event uses reputation points

Is one of my guesses right?

I am hoping its not #2.
    edited 03.10.2017
    @WascallyWabbit I noticed one of our weekend booster choices is a reputation points booster. I am guessing its one of 3 things:

I am hoping its not #2.
    You don't HAVE to have a CC running to do missions, you know.. You can do them anytime. :)

As was explained when Happy Hour was first released, the weekend boosters are picked from a certain pool of boosters at random.  They probably have little or no control over when a booster is chosen on a daily (or weekend) basis.

I am hoping its not #2.
    You don't HAVE to have a CC running to do missions, you know.. You can do them anytime. :)

As was explained when Happy Hour was first released, the weekend boosters are picked from a certain pool of boosters at random.  They probably have little or no control over when a booster is chosen on a daily (or weekend) basis.
    I didn't think it was totally random. Last weekend one of the choices was a candy farm booster. I would think it would make more sense to pick booster that would be useful, but that is just my opinion.

If it is just a random thing, I won't have any use for the reputation points booster. I play enough missions during the CC's. I like to use the time in between for other things.

I am hoping its not #2.

I didn't think it was totally random. Last weekend one of the choices was a candy farm booster. I would think it would make more sense to pick booster that would be useful, but that is just my opinion.

If it is just a random thing, I won't have any use for the reputation points booster. I play enough missions during the CC's. I like to use the time in between for other things.
    It's probably coded to just be "Temp Farm Booster", with a variable that pulls the name of the current Temp Farm - Candy Farm, Viking Farm, Tropical Farm, etc.. A few weekends ago they had a temp farm booster running over the weekend and the Temp Farm (Viking) had actually already ended, so the booster was completely worthless. :)  But it was running on Sunday, when the boosters were picked, it probably just didn't take into account that the farm would end before the weekend.

But yeah, supposedly (according to the Devs) it's completely random. Which is good in a sense, it's one less thing they have to futz with every week.. But it still needs some tweaking for cases when events end before the weekend. :)

I am hoping its not #2.

It's probably coded to just be "Temp Farm Booster", with a variable that pulls the name of the current Temp Farm - Candy Farm, Viking Farm, Tropical Farm, etc.. A few weekends ago they had a temp farm booster running over the weekend and the Temp Farm (Viking) had actually already ended, so the booster was completely worthless. :)  But it was running on Sunday, when the boosters were picked, it probably just didn't take into account that the farm would end before the weekend.

But yeah, supposedly (according to the Devs) it's completely random. Which is good in a sense, it's one less thing they have to futz with every week.. But it still needs some tweaking for cases when events end before the weekend. :)
    I would like to see boosters picked that would be useful, but I am not a computer programmer so I guess I will just leave that to those who are & try to enjoy the game.

Thanks for the help, Southern!
  • Please explain to me if I am doing something wrong. I never get credit for the 3rd happy hour.

Sign In to comment.