Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Cooptober" Discussion

Comments

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I notice that Happy Hour is giving a RP booster at the weekend , maybe we get 2 CC this week ?
  • Hey Guys,

Sorry but it looks like this early CC is related to the news we were due to post today, which has just been put in Announcements.  It was supposed to be announced before the CC, so we did not expect one so soon & they forgot about the countdown timer coming 2 days before it starts too. .... Not good :/
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    I use to absolutely LOVE the coop challenges, however with having them so often, it has become a repetitious chore that I no longer enjoy.

I cannot agree with you more Shay, we used to really get excited and enjoy it, but no more soooo fed up :(
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    The announcement doesn't explain why the CCE is early.  Does this mean the CCE will be over and over again during October?  If so my coop opts out thanks
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

This is really strange, it feelslike GGS had a last minute thought about increasing the number of coop events, and then came out with an announcement for it, instead of announcing it first, like announcing in September what will go on in October

The other strange bit is that there is no discussion following the announcement

Seriously, this is not good

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I could not agree with you more @PCA (GB1)  so it is very late for me but not understanding did you know or not know this CC was coming wabbit  again it seems like GGS right hand does not know what the left hand is doing  this is not a way to inspire people to play and have confidence is what is being presented. GGS you are beating us up, I know this is a company needs to make money but you need better strategy. 
  • Hey Guys,

Sorry but it looks like this early CC is related to the news we were due to post today, which has just been put in Announcements.  It was supposed to be announced before the CC, so we did not expect one so soon & they forgot about the countdown timer coming 2 days before it starts too. .... Not good :/

Not putting up a discussion corner for this one Wabbit?  Afraid you might need a flame retardant suit to go in there? Did GGS learn NOTHING from the fishing fiasco? Twice monthly CCs are too much and they foolishly pile on more!

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 02.10.2017

Following a September full of food, dances and fun in pure Oktoberfest style, we are now approaching an October that will feature a lot of activities and chances for cooperatives to achieve great results.

During the next month there will be more events dedicated to cooperatives than usual, with more iteration of the Cooperative Challenge and a new version of the Hard Work Event where you can participate together with your Cooperative members to earn a lot of rewards!

Did we want more activities : no, most of us want less

Every time we ask to tone down, we get the opposite. If I wanted an action game, I would not have started farming.

Thinking all summer activities are over and we can go back (at least for a while) to regular farming, they throw in the next events and/or changes. They are really stretching it.....I am really questioning myself about maybe throwing the towel.

Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    Of course!  Should've realised.  In the UK The Apprentice starts soon...all recorded....Wonder when they'll show the episode when Alan Sugar sends in a team to screw up Big Farm
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Next update is called Cooptober???

Oh wonderful, more coop events when the majority of players are already sick of the CC. Its becoming harder and harder to recruit new players into coops as things stand now, add that to the number of high level players walking out on their coops and the game due to event overload. Do GGS realise lots of us have lives outside this game.....I can't sit at my computer 24/7 playing events because I actually have a job!
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Next update is called Cooptober???

Oh wonderful, more coop events when the majority of players are already sick of the CC. Its becoming harder and harder to recruit new players into coops as things stand now, add that to the number of high level players walking out on their coops and the game due to event overload. Do GGS realise lots of us have lives outside this game.....I can't sit at my computer 24/7 playing events because I actually have a job!
    I have a job as well. I feel like I am letting my cooperative down on the days I work because I fall behind. I have left my cooperative before because I didn't want to hold them back. Not happy about this at all.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    This is a terrible announcement.  I feels like purely a gimmick.  I have received messages from members of my coop.  Not a single one of them has been positive.  

To be extremely clear......this will have no validity.  The winner(s) will be determined amidst widespread people sitting this out and so it is meaningless.

I have been asked before what angers me most about the game.  It is when a good idea is just totally botched by incompetence.  That is what is happening here.  This could have been a good idea, but nobody at GGS cared enough about it, to roll it out in a way that would not at first appear to be an error.
  • PCA (GB1) said:

This is really strange, it feelslike GGS had a last minute thought about increasing the number of coop events, and then came out with an announcement for it, instead of announcing it first, like announcing in September what will go on in October

The other strange bit is that there is no discussion following the announcement

Seriously, this is not good

@PCA (GB1) I can`t speak for what GGS were thinking - we are given the announcements which the mods all translate into their own languages & then we all post at the same time. We were given this one on Friday & told it was to be posted today, as you can see it makes no mention of how often the CC will be or when the next one will start, so when the countdown timer appeared at the weekend, we had no idea if it was related to the announcement or a mistake. We found out this morning that they had forgotten to take the timer into consideration when deciding when it should be posted.

As for a discussion thread, we usually only do those for update announcements & we saw you already had this thread discussing the topic,  there will be one when we get the announcement for the new event update, but as a couple of you have asked about having one I will move this thread over there, as it will keep all the feedback together.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    October will truly be a great time to "pick and choose" or just do normal farming.  If it happens to fit in with what events are there - fine, if not, oh well.  Too much going on is "meh"!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 02.10.2017

@WascallyWabbit

Hi Wascally,  I noticed all what you mentioned

To be clear I never ever since I started wasting time posting on forum have held the MODs responsible for GGS decisions.  I am well aware you simply pass the info from GGS to us

My earlier post was meant to say that I find the way GGS is conducting this game is deteriorating.  I am not the only one who disapproves of their sloppy ways

EDIT:  I see that now this thread has become the official discussion for Cooptober, it wasn't when I posted

• buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    @WascallyWabbit  I'm impressed with how well you get it, Wascally.  You really do seem to know what it's like to be a player and how these types of things affect us.  Moving this thread over to the discussion corner, thus making this situation as normal as possible, was nothing short of brilliant.  I'm really glad we've got you as the moderator on this server.

That notwithstanding, I'm also worn out by the constant Co-op Challenges and the news of even more activities (no doubt competitions) for October does not fill me with happy expectations.
  • gulfporthawk (US1)gulfporthawk (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    edited 02.10.2017
    Not only the coop challenge so soon, but my candy castle just up and disappeared a couple of days ago.  Any idea why?  Is GGS this F***ed up?
  • Val C (GB1)Val C (GB1) GB1 Posts: 277
    I too respect Wabbit and the hard work the moderators do.  I'm sorry what is really getting to me is GGS continually telling us that 'they (GGS not mods) forgot to do this, they forgot to do that, they forgot to do the other.  This was an oversight, they didn't mean for that to happen and so on and so on.  They really do need to start thinking things through.  A lot of their players have stuck by them through thick and thin and they won't leave just because it may take GGS an extra month or two to get things right and make sure they haven't forgotten anything.  They also need to hire skeleton staff who can address problems that arise over the weekends.  
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I was hoping this CC would have at least had kitty hearts as part of the rewards.  Will the other multitudinous events of October contain kitty charms (hearts) as rewards?  Those that do, I might be tempted to play, if not, then the barrage of events, that I am told are coming, will be for the strictly bored with no other life.  :o
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Not only the coop challenge so soon, but my candy castle just up and disappeared a couple of days ago.  Any idea why?  Is GGS this F***ed up?
    @gulfporthawk (US1)
    I can see your candy palace so its not really gone, just a display issue on your end. Trying clearing your cache or changing browsers to see if it will come back to you. 

• @jess_d (US1) Thankyou for that, I was just thinking, oh no not another bug, glad to see his Candy Palace is safe & sound. :)

@FarmerCli (US1) We have asked about cat charms being made available as rewards etc. It is a holiday in Germany tomorrow, so it will be at least Wednesday before we will hear anything about that.
  • Suggest  NONE Of us buy into doing the challenge.. Build level up , projects and stop right there ... 

You can buy into it or not but one thing is for sure the players have to stand together that is our power 

We have control, without us falling into line GGS have nothing..  So you have a choice fall into what they want or  turn your back on it.. and show our force..

I agree totally...the thing is... who is going to tell the rest of the BF community (that doesn't come to the forum) this is what needs to happen in order for it to work.  I play against mostly top ranked co-ops / players and I will tell you this ...not all feel this way, many are playing as usual or taking advantage of low numbers being put up and it can be an easy win for those who normally don't come in first, so there's that to contend with.   Go check under the tent and see what I mean.

I had a member quit today over the CCE and her dog gone dog gone missing...she feels things are only getting worse in the game and she is sick of it ! 

So much for "HOTFIXES"   :'(
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 02.10.2017
    For them to roll out something like Cooptober just shows they are either out of touch with what the players want, have totally disregarded two years of feedback, or just don't care.  Many of my coop members have thrown in the towel because they feel it's all too much.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    They totally missed the mark in naming this event.

They should have called it Goldtober.
  • catsclaw (GB1)catsclaw (GB1) GB1 Posts: 82
    This game is getting beyond a joke. They posted a while back CC's would run every other w/end Another load of miss direction. Have started weekly project,  silly me thought have time to actually complete one before another comp came in.
       There are far to many inter coop things being added and its putting new players off and also long standing ones.
        And info says lots more inter coop comps coming. No Thank You. 

edited 04.10.2017

@FarmerCli (US1) We have asked about cat charms being made available as rewards etc. It is a holiday in Germany tomorrow, so it will be at least Wednesday before we will hear anything about that.

How about giving us a holiday for a change?

We worked our butt of to get in the top 5 for a village cup with decent VHP and now you want us to start all over again? I sure hope GGS will leave the current cup where is for 8 more days, and put a second one beside it from this CC, if we make the top 10.

Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
    I can`t speak for what GGS were thinking - we are given the announcements which the mods all translate into their own languages & then we all post at the same time. We were given this one on Friday & told it was to be posted today, as you can see it makes no mention of how often the CC will be or when the next one will start, so when the countdown timer appeared at the weekend, we had no idea if it was related to the announcement or a mistake. We found out this morning that they had forgotten to take the timer into consideration when deciding when it should be posted.
    They could and should have reset the timer first thing this morning !

• T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    The people who frequents the forum really love playing big farm. GGS should at least acknowledge that and give us a break. We have a REAL LIFE to live too but because we love big farm and we already made friends here who we treat as family plus the responsibility we have with our coop. We endure everything they throw at us we keep on playing. We keep spending money ( some people) to appease our curiosity what will happen next and to keep our rankings. GGS hear us out we need a game that is relaxing at the same time fun with a bonus of building camaraderie with our members. Can you stop throwing events for a while, I'm getting burnt out. not fun anymore. I've been playing for 3 years already. not happy... :(:(:(:(:(
  • aquilawolf (US1)aquilawolf (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    Waskly's Announcement says they are going to rework the hard work event to  be a coop event if the collections for that end up being anything like village league...      way too high for anyone to complete
  • Dee (GB1)Dee (GB1) GB1 Posts: 14
    edited 02.10.2017
    You guys taking bets on how many folk leave with this crazy c c?  It was something to look forward to and most coops took part when it was 6-8 weeks apart, now it is just another event. 
    Post edited by Dee (GB1) on
Sign In to comment.