Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 28th - "Here Kitty, Kitty" Africa to the Deep Blue Sea! - Discussion

Comments

• please reduce number of charms required fir the cat.it will take a very long time for players to have one.
  • LuraBelle (US1)LuraBelle (US1) US1 Posts: 309
    we waited so long for a cat now you make it impossible to get it without a zillion hearts ridiculous!

• we waited so long for a cat now you make it impossible to get it without a zillion hearts ridiculous!

Or Zillions in Gold.

Gold...

which seems to be the great motivator for things that DO function properly....

No longer a game for the masses....

"....he who has the Gold wins."...

un-quote.

• Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    The Golden Rule: He/she who has the gold makes the rules 
  • Revised Calculations for Cat House and Charms and Time to Complete

After the 2nd day of Gathering Charms, my estimates for my Level and my farms are.

3-4 months to gather enough Charms for Cat House on Main Farm
    Little over a Year to Gather enough Charms on my Flower Farm
    Four Plus YEARS  to gather enough Charms for the Gourmet Farm.

I'm encouraged though..... as this is certainly better than yesterday when my calculations showed 
    a Year for the Main Farm  and  I would not live long enough to see the Cat House on the Gourmet Farm !!!

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    @artful (US1)

I am still getting the bonuses.
  • @artful (US1)

So am I. Hope yours get back quick. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I am very happy with the deep sea fishing changes in the latest update. The only thing I believe needs to be changed now is to increase the sell price and market value of chum and the special chums. At the moment with the current prices it appears to be a loss to produce chum. Apart from that, I think the update has put the deep sea fishing section in a much better picture of the overall economy picture. It can earn a large amount of profit, but not too large to overshadow the other sections of farming.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I am very happy with the deep sea fishing changes in the latest update. The only thing I believe needs to be changed now is to increase the sell price and market value of chum and the special chums. At the moment with the current prices it appears to be a loss to produce chum. Apart from that, I think the update has put the deep sea fishing section in a much better picture of the overall economy picture. It can earn a large amount of profit, but not too large to overshadow the other sections of farming.
    I agree to some extent.  Could have been a slight bit better regarding profits especially for direct sales but what is a few farm dollars between friends ;)

I also agree the chum needs a major overhaul, there is indeed a hefty loss.

I also feel the pools need to go back to the way they were originally.  It was a very good balance.  This lop-sided balance does make the FHWE far too challenging as well as trying to fill shellfish contracts is quite difficult.
  • collecting over 2,000,000 just to get the cat! an no happiness at all with it! Sounds like a waste of time to me! We don't get anything out of it! 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @artful (US1)

Not me.  Not once since the cat showed up.  I used gold to upgrade that dog house, and those bonuses really help me. :(
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    @artful (US1)

Not me.  Not once since the cat showed up.  I used gold to upgrade that dog house, and those bonuses really help me. :(
    Not getting any bonuses either.
    This must be the weirdest bug I've seen, seems to work out differently for different players!
    @artful (US1)

Not getting any bonuses either.
    This must be the weirdest bug I've seen, seems to work out differently for different players!
    yep!
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    edited 01.10.2017
    I keep getting cats roaming about my cat tree which is annoying me.  Like they are pooing on my farm and then leaving in disgust at the pitiful state of my not many charms cat tree.  It is going to take me months to get enough charms for one to stay.  By which time I might be so annoyed with the previous months of rejection the cat will be destined for Oleg's river in a chicken feed sack. 
  • bandit12 (NL1)bandit12 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 22
    Its really stupid,i need 811 days to collect the items for that cat,only thing i need now is a delete button so i can remove that cat tree,if you think i pay 79000 gold for 1 kitty............dream on
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well now my kitty charms have disappeared on GF  am back to 0.  HOW  can there be so many errors and they bring out the CC  to add salt to  the wounded, oh well it is their game  and if they want to destroy it I guess that is their right. 
  • Graciemi (US1)Graciemi (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    Just so Everyone realizes before buying a Kitty... It is not like buying a dog!!  One you place the kitty tree you then you have to collect over 2,00,000 hearts before you get the kitty.  The only farm you get hearts from is the farm you place the tree on an the production facilities there on (not the fields).  So it will take a while if you don't pick the right farm.  Not real impressed with the lack of info on how the cat works and had I known I wouldn't have spent the money!  Way to go yet again GGS
  • Well now my kitty charms have disappeared on GF  am back to 0.  HOW  can there be so many errors and they bring out the CC  to add salt to  the wounded, oh well it is their game  and if they want to destroy it I guess that is their right. 
    @Damaria3 (US1) Did you need 670,000? We have several reports of the same thing on the GF for ones needing that amount, it is one of the things being investigated.
  • Susan232 (GB1)Susan232 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 42
    edited 01.10.2017
    Well now my kitty charms have disappeared on GF  am back to 0.  HOW  can there be so many errors and they bring out the CC  to add salt to  the wounded, oh well it is their game  and if they want to destroy it I guess that is their right. 
    @Damaria3 (US1) Did you need 670,000? We have several reports of the same thing on the GF for ones needing that amount, it is one of the things being investigated.
    My cat tree shows 0/670,000 needed on GF as well. Glad it is being investigated.
    Post edited by Susan232 (GB1) on
  • bim (SKN1)bim (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 41
    Glad to hear i am not the only one whit this bug. And yes my cat tree also needs 670.000 charms.
    But cant collect any more on the GF. farm.
    I collected some right before the hotfix on the first day. They have dissapeard. Now i have 0.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Yes wabbit  that is what it says  0/670,000
    My cat tree shows 670,000 needed on GF as well. Glad it is being investigated.

i need 2.600.000
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I have no doubt that GGS will fix this promptly, and credit those of us who have lost cat charms . About 2,000,000 would be about right ....lol>:) >:)>:)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I know for sure that it will take Me forever to get all those charms, and that is just for one Farm never mind all 3, so I won't bother putting them on My other 2 Farms, and No I am on a budget and can not buy gold for this game, so I wont be doing that either, Good thing I got My Pups on My Farms anyway since I am a dog person anyhow, due to being Allergic to Kitty's in Real Life, I was hoping for a Kitty in My game, but guess that will take Me Years it seems, only if I stay with this game that long that is.
  • I should have known to come check forums before getting the cat - UGH had no idea had to get those stupid charms first - i thought it was like the dog ... SIGH... Like seriously GGS?  Are you KIDDING ME!!!  Who ever thinks of these things????

• Just hit me - guess they will probably change up the 'rewards' in the events and include these charms - they will probably take away useful stuff too instead of the catalyzers or fishing stuff.. oh well 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, so I haven't been reading forums lately.  Did see an email about a cat, had to actually LOOK for it in my purchase window.  If I didn't catch the email I'd never even know it was available.
    (seriously, WHY can't this stuff be IN GAME?  Not rely on everyone visiting a forum board.)

Anyway, got it, not a clue how it works.  Find charms???? DRIBBLE at a time.  Gees any stray cat looking for a home would have died by the time I could bring it in.
    But ok, nothing in this game is quick.  (And NO, I'm NOT shelling out real money on this.)

Meanwhile, the dumb cat thing has a constant cash bubble over it like it's ready to "harvest" or something.
    I keep clicking on it only to be prompted to spend a HUGE… insanely HUGE amount of gold.  For what? Who knows. This one doesn't even have the little i button for info.  None to be found.

I did spot a cat walking around just as I was logging out of one farm.  I quick logged back in but it was gone.

So if and when I finally attract a cat with charms, what happens then?
    Ok, so I haven't been reading forums lately.  Did see an email about a cat, had to actually LOOK for it in my purchase window.  If I didn't catch the email I'd never even know it was available.
    (seriously, WHY can't this stuff be IN GAME?  Not rely on everyone visiting a forum board.)

Anyway, got it, not a clue how it works.  Find charms???? DRIBBLE at a time.  Gees any stray cat looking for a home would have died by the time I could bring it in.
    But ok, nothing in this game is quick.  (And NO, I'm NOT shelling out real money on this.)

Meanwhile, the dumb cat thing has a constant cash bubble over it like it's ready to "harvest" or something.
    I keep clicking on it only to be prompted to spend a HUGE… insanely HUGE amount of gold.  For what? Who knows. This one doesn't even have the little i button for info.  None to be found.

I did spot a cat walking around just as I was logging out of one farm.  I quick logged back in but it was gone.

So if and when I finally attract a cat with charms, what happens then?
    Check to see if you still have your dog walking around.  Some of us had our dogs disappear when the cat thing showed up, and that includes many of us who didn't even build the cat tree.  And, for a percentage of us, the dog house no longer gives out rewards -- not a small thing when you've used gold to level him up.
Sign In to comment.