Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

"Cooptober" Discussion

Comments

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 01.10.2017
    so im guessing there's no one at home in GGS land to answer this crock as it's the weekend but there is someone at home to push the CC countdown button?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    There is no order to anything anymore. They are just throwing things at us at random now.

Things were going so good for a while where we had a schedule, but now that's gone again.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    it's one long relentless grab for gold after another coming quicker and closer together, sure smells like getting what they can before closure, talk about telegraphing your strategy
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Similar with WWC, but this time they didn't warn us, neither on update nor on mod news. Very insulting.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 01.10.2017
    Similar with WWC, but this time they didn't warn us, neither on update nor on mod news. Very insulting.
    They didn't warn us in an update or mod news because I doubt very seriously that the mods were told about it, and they're the ones who let us know about these events.  Either another sloppy mistake by the person who hit the button, or nobody's managing this game at headquarters.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I agree @artful (US1), the MODs are the only ones that give us any sanity in this game these days.

It sure has been a bad year for BigFarm. One thing after another to take the enjoyment away. I have way to much money and time invested in this game to give up now not to mention all the wonderful people here in my co-op, but it is getting harder to enjoy my time on the game anymore.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 01.10.2017
    Really  have GGS lost their minds  is this a test they couldn't wait to see the results  "ok  we gave them some back on DSF, gave them a cat, now how are they going to spend?"  This is what if feels like weather it is their intention or not.  I opened up spent a little but these CC surprises need to STOP two times a month is BAD  this one coming Monday needs to be shut down. Are you attempting to be using reverse psychology, whatever games your playing  STOP, and treat your players fairly.  
    Post edited by Damaria3 (US1) on
  • I have to agree with everyone above. It is taking the fun out of the game.
  • hendo (US1)hendo (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    Suggest  NONE Of us buy into doing the challenge.. Build level up , projects and stop right there ... 

You can buy into it or not but one thing is for sure the players have to stand together that is our power 

We have control, without us falling into line GGS have nothing..  So you have a choice fall into what they want or  turn your back on it.. and show our force..
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    WHY ? this morning comes onto the game to find another top player as gone, our teams are falling apart , thankyou GGS.

the way its going there will be no teams left to take part in the CC.
  • Vanilla (IT1)Vanilla (IT1) IT1 Posts: 214
    seriously tomorrow? :#
    I thought every 2 Friday, so next 6th October not before
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Afbeeldingsresultaat voor no animated gif animal

Once every two weeks is worse enough !!!
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 01.10.2017
    My simple recipe for sanity regarding this game: Ignore whatever needs to be ignored. When there are too many bad things happening in the game, I just give it a couple days off. I play as if not playing - kinda as if the game was closing down next week. Since there is no stability, no reliability to this game, I adjusted my play style to it. Occasionally I have a day when I spend more time in game and on forums, like yesterday, but that quickly saturates me as it emphasizes how meaningless all this thing is, and then back to my lazy, leisurely, casual style. Invest both time and money only as the game deserves due to it's (lack of) quality.

Invest wisely
    "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No amount of "teaming up" of any kind (including girlcots :) ) will change anything here. Everybody just has to be a responsible person, customer, steward of time and resources etc.
  • Graciemi (US1)Graciemi (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    When the CC's were once a month our Co op would work to build so we were ready to score.  We arranged our schedules to 'be there'!  Now I have long time great farmers leaving because it is too much an staying hurts the co op boosters. Starting to think that GGS is some sick social experiment because I can't believe a company work work so hard to ruin it's business.  Oh well, was fun while it lasted.
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    edited 01.10.2017
    The CC timing almost has to be every two weeks, because the trophies on the Village screen last precisely 14 days.

The timer on our trophy is 10 more days to go so this CC must be an error? 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Can MOD please look into this, it is clearly NOT the timing for next CC

Thank you !
    I agree! Please look into this.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Sidewalks roll up on weekends for GGS and moderators.  Looks like COOPCHA will start tomorrow. What is up with that @Rowdy Rac?   :|
  • I wish we had some answers for you all, but unfortunately the appearance of the timer, is as much of a surprise to us, as it is to you. We do have some news coming tomorrow and this may be related to that, but no one is available to check with until the morning, so its probably best to assume that its really happening until we hear anything different.
  • Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Bravo!!!! yes way to often it getting to be old news (this CC)
    Once a month people would be more excited about it
    GGS...you are shooting  yourself in the foot this time 
    Mark my word !!!! It's gonna to late if things don't change in this game .
    People in my co-op are threatening to leave if this keeps up .
  • janajana (GB1)janajana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 34
    i calmed down and took a second look at cc timer.
    It shows start cc at 11:39 in the UK
    just another bug....
  • More and more I am thinking GGS Big Farm is no longer a game, rather it is a social experiment on just how much you can push people away from activities and friends they enjoy.
  • tim47 (US1)tim47 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    here's    my 2 cents---can't wait for cc's to be every 5 days--lol     stop it... every 2 weeks is what most of the people want. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    here's    my 2 cents---can't wait for cc's to be every 5 days--lol     stop it... every 2 weeks is what most of the people want. 
    Actually, I'm willing to bet "most of the people" want it less often than every 2 weeks. 

Some of us can remember when it was a few times a year.  Then it went to once a month, which was too much then. Every 2 weeks is ridiculous.  CC used to be special, and much anticipated.  Not any more.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    I was pretty happy with once a month.  The 2 weeks, I don't like, but can deal with it.  Every time they've crammed it to more than every 2 weeks I HATE IT!

Trouble is, I'm sure most of GGS gold sales come from heavy mission players - they've put more effort into trying to get more people to play missions than into any other part of the game.  So until they get another "gold mine," they're going to be finding any excuse they can to run the CC as often as possible.  I bet they've been trying to think of a way to run two CC's at the same time.  (Might be why we have the Hill Challenge.)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I first started playing right before the first CC.  They introduced the CCs during holidays because that is when most people take time to spend with their families.  They needed a way to keep everyone glued to their computers and I believe the first one was either st. patrick's day or easter.  Then they had the CC again I believe on the 4th of july weekend and then again during thanksgiving.   After that it was during Christmas. Then all hell broke loose when they had it a week later during New years.  Everyone was so upset.  The lag on this game was so bad at the time as well as the fact I was having problems with packet losses on my internet connection.  That's was when I decided it was time to take a break from the game.  When I came back to the game several months later there was so much new stuff and new levels that I did not even know where to begin. When I first started playing the game it was very pleasurable to play, it was relaxing.  There is so much going on in every direction now that it tends to over-load me.  I have learned to pick and choose what is important to me.   I no longer strain my neck and eyes trying to find mushrooms or eggs that just blend in to the scenery. I no longer do any of the deco events except the one that gives the cows shed appearance.  I do not do the island.  I did set up 2 lama thingies for milk and a cocoa orchard for the oktoberfest but that's it.  I do do missions to help my coop but I don't use any gold, only resources that I have on hand and never do any missions when there is no CC, except once in awhile for the daily task when I feel like it.  I don't do all the little events like the sick pigs and lost bees.  If I finish it with normal farming that is great.  I don't do the regular HWE, only the fishing one.  So there are a lot of events that I will simply ignore and focus on what is important to me or to my coop. Yes, many of the event give valuable resources but it is not worth the headache; There will always be another event in the VERY near future.  I am waiting for GGS to start making the CCs back to back, as soon as one ends another begins.  At this rate it wont take long.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    i calmed down and took a second look at cc timer.
    It shows start cc at 11:39 in the UK
    just another bug....
    Yeah, 5:39AM Server Time for (US1).. Rather odd time, don't you think?
  • I use to absolutely LOVE the coop challenges, however with having them so often, it has become a repetitious chore that I no longer enjoy.
    I agree. When it was less often is was a big deal and everyone was excited. Now I see it bringing folks down. GG this will not get more people to buy gold - it will only burn out your player base. When the open wallets dont have anyone to play with they will go too.
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    The last CC finished last Tuesday not even a week ago and here we are again with another one?????????  Is this now going to be a weekly event?  I am so sick to death of the CC it is so boring and repetitive same thing over and over and over again.
  • Hehehe Bev :)

Dont be surprised if they throw in Normal HWE too........
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I wish I could find something humorous about this but just feel beaten down.  

Sign In to comment.