Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New deep sea fishing system Price&Cost Chart (Need some Feedback&Help too)

Comments

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 29.09.2017

@PCA (GB1)   Did you hover over it to see if it says tools?  or does it say sabotage machine?  It doesn't have the handle like the tools have.

yes it says tools :smile:

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Ok,  just checking.  Thanks so much for your reply!
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Here's a example the profit would be made from skipjack fishing trip on herring/tuna pool:
    1 Freezer $27,300
    1 Ian $1,950
    4 Nancy $48,000
    1 Walter $3,250
    Total cost at $80,500 for fishing 35 Tuna & 34 Herring in 3 Hours 55 Minutes (Doesn't include loss due to hazards)
    Total cash (Direct Selling): 35 x $2,700 + 34 x $1,800 = $155,700
    Profit from direct selling is up to $75,200
    Huge loss due to hazards (all 5) is $1,300
    I am wondering if the numbers GGS gave us is based on gross profit (profit after deducting the costs associated with catching the fish and making the chum) or total revenue (all cash brought in from direct sales or market sales without deducting ANY cost)  I am guessing they based it on total revenue which means it is NOT possible to make the amount of cash they are trying to say we can make. Just more hype with no real results. 

I had a very big headache yesterday so I only did what I could as far as calculating Market prices.  Today I will dig deeper.  Because I am certain we could not possibly make that much cash sending out empty boats and I am fairly certain we could not make that much sending out fully equipped boats.

"Contract rewards have also been altered to provide a more positive experience, especially when contracts aren't developed very far yet." 
    This is what I don't understand though.  Does this mean the higher we level the contracts the worse they get and less profit we make?

My contracts are all still at level 0.  With the drop in chum prices and drop in some of the other fish prices, my fish and chum may very well continue to sit in inventory.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    You will never make the amount that was possible when dsf first appeared , but from the contracts I have seen so far, you can make more than all the rest of your farms combined . If the dsf was first released like this we would have rejoiced , so lets make the best of it . I do feel sorry for those that could not sell their fish from the first appearance  though , maybe GGS could offer a sale  for a day or two ...
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 29.09.2017
    I think you all are taking this DSF debacle a bit too seriously and feel that it should run as a real business runs... I love all you number crunchers because it does help me decide what to do or not to do to a point, but it is a game and nothing is as it would be in the real world. 

I do wish that all had been able to sell off their fish as I and others were able to do!!!!  :(

Now with that said, since the debacle, with my 13 lvl 6 trawlers (upgraded with cash from DS direct fish sales), all go out multiple times daily loaded with 6 brigettes and generally 6 Roys unless I don't need that many Roys to clear the pool.

I started with 1.7 billion cash and now have 2.1 billion cash. This is with buying brigettes and roys, doing building upgrades (cheapest upgrade for me now is about 6 million and getting higher of course), completing OM contracts that take me generally a week or more to complete, selling to visitors, some direct selling of eggs and other sundry items and by picking and choosing DS market contracts (I have gotten my 1 item contact up to lvl 24). 

I know the increase in cash is abysmally less than it was with the original DS direct selling fish prices... but I am increasing my cash flow, with all the spending, slowly but surely and hope with the new DS contracts, which I have found to be a bit better than they were, the cash will increase even more. And now of course I have the ability to direct sell fish if I so choose to do so, albiet much lower prices than the original. I could make more if I did more direct selling of regular farm products. I save them for a rainy day, visitors and contracts so I sell slowly in a sense.

I don't care, I don't number crunch, I don't look at what was, I look at what is now and try to make it work for my farms.

It is a game and I play it for fun and relaxation...  :)

Do I like everything, NO I don't and I say so!!

I know you will all think I am nuts... so have fun telling me I am nuts etc! LOL

all IMHO!

Happy Farming to all! 

PS to GGS: Get rid of the Herring and Salmon Favorite Offer, it is a joke! Why would I buy 1 herring at 28K and only be able to sell it at 1,800 or buy 1 Salmon at 84K and only be able to sell it at 4K?!?!?!?! I know I said I don't number crunch, but....  :D

PPS: Even though I don't number crunch, I am always happy to provide information to help the number crunchers!  ;)
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 29.09.2017
    JVD (US1) said:
    I know you will all think I am nuts... so have fun telling me I am nuts etc! LOL

all IMHO!
    I, for one at least, don't think you are nuts, neither I will have fun saying that.

And in total I like the new update on DSF, I've been putting all cons and pros together since the newest update, and even though there are still some downsides to it, in total I think this update made things "better than the previous update on DSF" at least.
    But there are 3 Major things that still need serious re-balance/change:

1- Upgrade cost of Lester Stash - Matilda Building- Farm Laboratory, SPECIALLY Lester Stash.
    (also some new upgrade costs of architect buildings are a bit ridiculous)
    These prices need a serious/major re-balance.

2- Cost of DSF Equipment/Crew - Upgrade cost of Ships /Specially Trawlers.
    While GGS may have had their reasons for nerfing DS fish prices to balance the whole game, which not I disagree with totally either, But still the costs of equipments/crew for fishing or Upgrade cost of Ships/Specially Trawlers, is still too high. So my suggestion to GGS is reduce these costs too, then it makes it much safer to play for everyone without having to worry about the "less profit" as long as they know it's still a "profit".

3- Chum/Special Chum market/&/Direct selling prices &/or their production time
    I believe the re-balancing for these type of products have been done a bit poorly in order to bring re-balance to the whole aspects of game. So I do suggest a system changeover (production time/contract change/price) for these products.

---------------------------------
    And finally even though many players may still not like the new system compared to the original one, but I wanna at least thanks GGS for doing these changes recently again to DSF:

1- Returning pool travel times back to the old system travel times
    2- Increasing market price of Oyster/Clam/Shrimp, as was suggested by players(which makes these fishes not a total waste to catch anymore and balances contract fulfilling much more efficient than before)
    3- Giving contracts with "dollar prize only" or "without extra items/prizes" too.
    4- Introducing Direct Selling of fishes back to the game again (even if with a second nerf, but still better than nothing for sure)

Also my suggestion for all players is:
    1- Ignore the contract level/bonus(at least for any contracts types with equal or more than 3 items). As it stands atm, regarding chum/special chum, declining useless contracts (ex. contract including useless chum) even if have to drop back to 0 level contracts again, it might actually be a better choice, than wasting long hours of time to produce loss-cause chum or make loss in making them even, just to raise your contract bonuses which at most gives you 25% more bonus in dollars which will both waste many hours of your time for fullfilling those contracts and having to sell more of other fishes direct instead (opportunity loss), and also can make direct loss in making/selling some/most chum types too.
    2- Try to fish in a balanced way between all fish types, meaning: always give priority to fish types that you have least quantity of (this can mean even giving highest priority to fish oyster/shrimp/clam if have lots of other types), Unless there exists non ofcourse, in which case you can give priority to second... third... fourth... and so on fish types that you have least of. This will help you fulfill contracts faster= more daily profit. And keep in mind contract prices for fishes is still a good profit maker (even if direct selling won't be)

This is my full review so far of the new system. In total yes I agree it may not meet the expectations that many players had, but at least for myself this new system can be considered "play-able" or "worth-bothering" at least (unlike the previous one, which totally sucked out my motivation)

@Griffith (INT1)  I am in total agreement with your review/assessment!!!  It is not perfect but it is now "play-able"!!!

I actually think it makes the farms work better together or my play better with all the farms and DSF...

would sure love to see some of the upgrade/equipment costs go down as well!!

Nice job!!!!  ;)
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Griffith (INT1)  I am in total agreement with your review/assessment!!!  It is not perfect but it is now "play-able"!!!

I actually think it makes the farms work better together or my play better with all the farms and DSF...

would sure love to see some of the upgrade/equipment costs go down as well!!

Nice job!!!!  ;)
    I'm happy with the new price(s) and contracts, so far.  They're a far sight better than they were.  I knew we'd never get back to the old/original values, that would have been wishing for the moon. :)  And yeah, direct sales can be a loss (but that just depends on how you equip, for the most part), but I expected direct sales to be break-even at best. There's no doubt they want us to go through Contracts, first and foremost. :)

Griffith, any chances of updating the chart(s) in the 1st post, pretty please?  It's my Go-To Post for values reference. :)
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @JVD (US1)  Hi Jackie, nope I'm not going to tell you your nuts, but I am going to share the following:  I can only speak for myself, and yes, it is only a game, but for me, the number crunching is as natural for me as breathing.  Others may see it as unnecessary extra work, OCD, yes, I've been told that, etc., but by doing what comes naturally I am able to use my time and money much more wisely.  By doing so, I have much more fun, playing the game.  Another natural inclination is to share those findings so others may benefit as well. 

@anyone who cares to read on  I've held my tongue up until now but I'm going to open myself up for the ridicule and condescending remarks that will surely be added by those who feel it's necessary to do so.  ;)

When the first post came out about the upcoming Dockyard, I remember reading that this was a new portion of the game geared for those high level farmers whose farms were completely built out.  I can't even imagine having everything upgraded to the fullest and sitting twiddling my thumbs doing missions to add to my hundreds of thousands of certz, doing events with the sole purpose of earning the deco to dismantle it for parts (I am at this stage now), or just hoping and wishing for something new.  So the Dockyard was something added for their benefit and for the rest of us as we advanced in the game.  The numbers finally made sense of the high costs of land upgrades, certain building upgrades, the lab, Matilda, Lester's secret stash, etc., because previously they were out of reason for the majority of players, especially if you don't buy gold.  There was light at the end of the tunnel.  We finally had the means to earn the money we would need to actually progress.  I was ecstatic. 

Then I came to the forum and read all the moans and groans of a new feature, too many bugs, (doubt that part will ever end), we're farmers not fisherman, (guess many were unfamiliar with fish farms), before it even got the chance to hit the server.  It really bummed me out.  So much so I staid away until the dock went live.  No testing, then BAM, here it was, and then BAM the first Fishing Hard Worker Event appears, and we all jumped in to experience this new feature.  That first FHWE was tough, because we barely knew what we were doing with adding crew and equipment, but it was doable, and fun if the right pools happened to appear.  With this kind of introduction, folks were literally forced to finish up the tasks to get the dock open, get what boats they could afford, and get to fishing.  Overnight it went from being a new feature geared for the top level farmers, to a new adventure that we all wanted to try out, and boy did we try it out.

Though the costs were high, it became apparent so quickly that there was money to be made.  My fellow number crunchers and I wasted no time in putting together the spreadsheets proving the viability of this new area and the profits to be made.  Of course we shared, we sang long and loud.  Even the lowest level farmers and those who didn't bother with Oleg's fishing were kicked into gear to do the Oleg tasks and get on their way to be able to open the dock.  

I don't think GGS realized how stagnated many of us were, not just the high level farmers, but folks at all different levels.   Upgrades were too expensive, and even selling the honey cream and fruit cakes it took a long time to be able to open up one new plot of land, let alone consider an upgrade to the lab.  Now it wasn't only possible, we were making it happen and singing the praises to GGS.  Well, all good things have to come to an end.  We found and used every possible advantage to reap massive amounts of money, and we were rocketing through the levels, upgrading freely, it felt so good.  But, in the long term scheme of things, it then became apparent that we were doing too well, moving too fast, all without the use of gold.  Major no-no.  So, we all know what happened from there.  

I am making a profit, not huge, but I'm progressing.  It will take a week or more to make what I used to make in a day, and the good news is....it's doable, achievable and I have hope of moving forward with my necessary land purchases and upgrades.

So like JVD, I guess I've almost reached my saturation point of hearing all the moaning about what was, should've been, cause we know it will NEVER be again.  So instead, let's take what we've been given, and let's find the best strategies to help you get back in that boat and move forward to making some money for your farms.  
    @KarenKay (US1)  Hiya Karen!!! Love your post, excellent!!! definitely could not have said a lot of that better!!!  :)  and I did read on!!!  ;)

I did say I am not a number cruncher, but love those who are... you help us non number peeps go in the right direction for sure and as I said, am happy to help you complile the info! :)

With all the changes, I am looking forward to more helpful information as @Griffith (INT1) mentioned in his post regarding chum, priority fishing etc.

hugs!!!!  <3
    and @KarenKay (US1) I totally agree...

"...So instead, let's take what we've been given, and let's find the best strategies to help you get back in that boat and move forward to making some money for your farms."
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    As a conclusion, only can sell it to the fish market to get more dollar than you sell it direct in your farm management.... double money!
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    When it comes to number crunching, I personally can't imagine playing economy based game without understanding how the game economy works as that is the purpose of the game - managing resources. I am so much on this side that usually refuse even touch a new feature until I had time to do at least basic financial analysis and understand what I am doing with it.

@KarenKay (US1) I'll specifically address one point of your comment, which is farming x fishing debate. First of, sharing observation is NOT "moaning and groaning" as you put it. (Or did I misunderstand what you meant?) The problem with original money flow from DSF was actual destruction of a purpose of farming economy, which was well explained so will not go into it again. Since this observation was supported by a tiny minority (wast majority was just happy with a lot of dollars) and I was probably most prolific in this respect, should I assume that you are referring to me in this part of your comment? :)

@JVD (US1) @KarenKay (US1) I do not understand your comments about "being called nuts", "open myself to ridicule" etc. This is not what happens. I have held minority view on DSF feature all the time, have posted on playing it with profit all the time despite all it's problems, yet NOBODY called me "nuts", ridiculed me or whatever of this type. (Unless you want me to take your "moaning and groaning" as a condescending remark to my previous posts on this topic.) Sharing different opinions and views, especially when well rooted in facts, is just a healthy debate. No disrespect meant, but statements like these are actually damaging. I would take yours @JVD (US1) as a bit of lighthearted joking on your side, but since you @KarenKay (US1) continue in the same "spirit", it seems weird. Are you using this technique to shield yourself from possible disagreeing comments? I don't think anybody would call you nuts or ridicule you for sharing your opinion like this. But other players might disagree for good reasons, especially since some of your generalizing statements simply are not factually correct. Disagreement is not ridicule. Specifically in your case, I like both of you and sure don't want you to refrain from posting, but disagreeing comments will follow, especially when you touch a hot topic and in your posts refer to "all" etc. :):)  
    I am not sure what changes are still supposed to come with the Dockyard.  I still have my reservations because of how the whole thing took place.  I have reviewed all the data and while I am not 100% happy with many of the numbers ... they are just numbers.... numbers we did not have before.  I will use all the data I have collected to devise the best strategy.

So far from the information I have gathered:
    * I will say, stay away from the direct sales of ANY kind of chum. (Hopefully this is what they are still working on).  When selling chum directly the losses range from 3,650 to 20,650.  When I say loss, I am not comparing it to old prices, I am talking a complete loss when selling directly.

* I would also avoid selling fish directly. Although there is profit in direct sales of all fish, there is much more profit when selling through the market. It does not bother me to have fish just sitting in inventory waiting to be used for a contract that I can make much more with when I do have contracts for them.

* It is best to trash ALL contracts, no matter how tempting, that require more than two types of fish or chum that contain any shell fish or chum. Save your chum and shellfish for contracts with 1 or 2 items.  The reason being is that these are the hardest to come by.  If you only fill contracts that have only one or two types of fish or chum, your shellfish will spread a lot farther and your contract levels for 1 and 2 items will go up faster. Also chum is a bit hard to come by because of the amount of time it takes to make it.  As your levels go up you will make a bit more profit. 

* It is best to get all 6 slots open so you can pick and choose.  It is not necessary to send of all 6 slots at once to get the added bonuses.  With 6 slots it should allow you to be able to continually fill contracts while trashing the contracts with 3,4,5,& 6 items.

* If you need immediate cash, first check the market to see if you can fill any of the contracts before directly selling.  Or simply be patient for the cash to come.

* Unless you really want or need the contracts with trinkets or already have plenty of cash, it is best to use caution when filling contracts with any added trinkets because it does take away from the profits. The trinkets that have the most appeal IMO are the mystery chests which could contain gold or the seaweed feeds/humus/ferts. However, if someone is strictly using the Fish market for the purpose of making cash to build their farm up it is best to avoid them if possible at least until you build up your cash.

* It is best not to add ANY fish to any contract unless you have ALL the fish to fill the contract.  Some players go days or even a week or more before having a specific pool spawn or enough pools to accumulate enough of the fish.  At the very least this would give you the opportunity to trash a contract or two to hopefully get better contracts for the fish you do have rather than wait long periods of time for the needed pools to spawn.

* The Mermaid Bay: The most profitable item to make with the current prices is the Rare Fillet which is $589,411 every 8 hours for a total of $1,768,233 daily.    I always send a few empty boats for the swordfish, salmon & cod (knocks down ingredient costs) or one level 2 Trawler fully equipped to get a whole batch.  

I hope this can help others.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Added Herring Chum at $21,000

When it comes to number crunching, I personally can't imagine playing economy based game without understanding how the game economy works as that is the purpose of the game - managing resources. I am so much on this side that usually refuse even touch a new feature until I had time to do at least basic financial analysis and understand what I am doing with it.

@Kamilcom (GB1)  :O)  You take this to a higher level than I.  I pick apart the different pieces to find the best value for my time and dollars.  As far as the purpose of the game....is for me to have fun, otherwise why am I here and why do I do it.  Do I manage my resources well?  You can only stretch those dollars so far, and not being able to spend loads of time here definitely cuts in to my productivity.  But for a few magical weeks boy oh boy was I having tons of fun.  I was finally able to purchase some land, add some cowsheds, pigs, chickens, and I found myself spending more time playing and sacrificing some sleep.  Not exactly sure if that's a plus or minus, but I was a happy little farmer. 

@KarenKay (US1) I'll specifically address one point of your comment, which is farming x fishing debate. First of, sharing observation is NOT "moaning and groaning" as you put it. (Or did I misunderstand what you meant?) The problem with original money flow from DSF was actual destruction of a purpose of farming economy, which was well explained so will not go into it again. Since this observation was supported by a tiny minority (wast majority was just happy with a lot of dollars) and I was probably most prolific in this respect, should I assume that you are referring to me in this part of your comment? :)

@Kamilcom (GB1) Nope, not at all, the moaning and groaning I was speaking about in the first portion of my post was before we had even seen the dockyard.  There was just a brief mention of new things to come, the purpose being something new for those upper level farms and something to look forward to for the lower level farms.  The forum lit up with post after post of shooting down the dockyard concept for a variety of reasons.  There was so much negativity it shocked me that folks could feel this way about a feature we hadn't even glimpsed yet.  Later in my post, the moaning I spoke of was post after post after post by the same folks, who yes...got a raw deal, but coming here and drowning the forum wasn't going to change what occurred.

@JVD (US1) @KarenKay (US1) I do not understand your comments about "being called nuts", "open myself to ridicule" etc. This is not what happens. I have held minority view on DSF feature all the time, have posted on playing it with profit all the time despite all it's problems, yet NOBODY called me "nuts", ridiculed me or whatever of this type. (Unless you want me to take your "moaning and groaning" as a condescending remark to my previous posts on this topic.) Sharing different opinions and views, especially when well rooted in facts, is just a healthy debate. No disrespect meant, but statements like these are actually damaging.

@Kamilcom (GB1) Perhaps you missed the posts that each started with statements very much like these:
    Everyone knew it wasn't going to last.
    Anyone with a bit of common sense had to be aware that it was only for a short period of time.
    Everyone was aware that the profits were too high.
    Did anyone really not know that this was coming?
    I was expecting this, so not a surprise for me.

A person would post how sad they were that direct selling had been removed and BAM, a person would post, in gentler terminology than this, but made it sound like how stupid can you be to think this was for the long term?

I knew by posting that some of these same folks would most likely jump out to chide me for not using my intelligence, common sense, and reasoning skills.  Somehow EVERYONE excluding myself and the ones who posted and those who were afraid to post, knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that direct selling was only for a short period of time, or so I was made to feel when I read their posts.  So yes, I put it out there to begin with because it's not a matter of will it happen, just when.

There is a huge difference between sharing different opinions and views and what was occurring with these previous posts.  I'm all for a healthy debate as long as it is done respectfully with each person allowed to voice their opinion, with no personal attacks or implying that one's intelligence is lacking.

I would take yours @JVD (US1) as a bit of lighthearted joking on your side, but since you @KarenKay (US1) continue in the same "spirit", it seems weird. Are you using this technique to shield yourself from possible disagreeing comments? I don't think anybody would call you nuts or ridicule you for sharing your opinion like this. But other players might disagree for good reasons, especially since some of your generalizing statements simply are not factually correct. Disagreement is not ridicule. Specifically in your case, I like both of you and sure don't want you to refrain from posting, but disagreeing comments will follow, especially when you touch a hot topic and in your posts refer to "all" etc. :):)  

@Kamilcom (GB1) You're right, guilty as charged.  I stated, "we all jumped in to experience this new feature."  ALL of us didn't, but a larger number of people took part than normally take part in the regular HW.  How on earth did I come up with this?  Here's how: many times I am unable to start the regular HW on the day it begins, so I may start 24 to 36 hours after it begins, my ranking when I start is consistently in the 1700's.  On the FHW, it started without notice and again, I wasn't on, but I only started 4 hours after it began and I was ranked in the 4000's.  Yes, I agree, there are far more than 4000 players on the US server, so I should have said, a larger number of people jumped in to experience this new feature compared to what I normally observe in the regular HW.  And, I could go on with this portion but won't.  I have talked with many folks who have shied away from posting because though they truly want to express their opinion, they've been attacked for sharing it.  I limit myself for the very same reason. 

As far as your comments after the dock was up and going and then direct selling was removed.  I read with interest as I do all of your posts.  You have a unique way of thinking, seem very well educated, and articulate your points quite well.  It gave me food for thought, but I will also admit, I didn't agree with you.   :) 

My main point and I guess the true purpose of the whole post was in the final sentence, "let's take what we've been given, and let's find the best strategies to help you get back in that boat and move forward to making some money for your farms."  It's time to move on, let the other go, and move forward helping each other along the way. 

@Surya54 (INT1)  Wow, so tuna, herring and clam are all at 21000?  I think I only need oyster and shrimp chum and any other trinkets we're missing and we will have all the new prices.   :)
    edited 30.09.2017
    @KarenKay (US1) Thank you so much for taking time to answer in very detailed way. :) I was a bit worried that you or JVD would find my posts intimidating and discouraged you from sharing your views. So glad it's not the case. :) Pheeeeeeeeeef. :):):) It's sometimes easy to misunderstand a point and I'm so happy you explained everything so well. :)

@Kamilcom (GB1) Perhaps you missed the posts that each started with statements very much like these:
    Everyone knew it wasn't going to last.Anyone with a bit of common sense had to be aware that it was only for a short period of time.
    Everyone was aware that the profits were too high.
    Did anyone really not know that this was coming?I was expecting this, so not a surprise for me.

A person would post how sad they were that direct selling had been removed and BAM, a person would post, in gentler terminology than this, but made it sound like how stupid can you be to think this was for the long term?

I knew by posting that some of these same folks would most likely jump out to chide me for not using my intelligence, common sense, and reasoning skills.  Somehow EVERYONE excluding myself and the ones who posted and those who were afraid to post, knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that direct selling was only for a short period of time, or so I was made to feel when I read their posts.  So yes, I put it out there to begin with because it's not a matter of will it happen, just when.

There is a huge difference between sharing different opinions and views and what was occurring with these previous posts.  I'm all for a healthy debate as long as it is done respectfully with each person allowed to voice their opinion, with no personal attacks or implying that one's intelligence is lacking.
    No, I didn't miss these posts. I even responded to one of them in a lengthy way giving reasons why I expected DSF to stay as it originally was despite not being so happy with it. And also stated what had to be "broken" for that change to happen. I liked Pichu and trusted his repeated promise. It's not wrong to trust words of a person who seems to show integrity and it doesn't imply lack of intelligence at all. I just don't apply these general statements to myself, partially cause I'm so confident about my level of intelligence. Mind you that even after admitting my naivety still nobody ridiculed me or called me nuts. May I suggest that you just do the same and ignore them? After all most of them were probably not meant as an insult as many people struggle to express themselves correctly, and even those which were meant this way can easily be ignored as long as they are general statements as they expose poster, not you.

There always are different ways of looking at things. Did you realize that everyone who was claiming things like your above examples (and knew about Pichu response) was actually stating that right from the start they knew that Pichu was not telling the truth? Now should I refrain from this statement cause it reveals some facts which might make somebody feel uncomfortable?

I'd like you to share your views freely and not get intimidated by posts which after all didn't even have to be meant to insult you. I promise I will rush to your help should a villain target you unfairly for sharing your opinions. :) After all if you support your views well you usually take ammunition away from them. And please encourage all your shy friends to boldly step up and speak their mind also. :) We need people to be honest and opened on this forum to make it worth posting here. Thank you.
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • I appreciate being able to sell fish directly, even if the prices are very low.  I appreciate not having only water prizes contracts.

That being said, I did like being able to get horseshoes, seed packets, etc.  So for me, I would rather go back to the contracts we were having as long as I can also sell off excess fish.
  • Why, oh why do I have 6 pools of lobster!  Noting but lobster!
    I thought the devs were giving us a variety of pools.  I've never had this problem before:(

I appreciate being able to sell fish directly, even if the prices are very low.  I appreciate not having only water prizes contracts.

That being said, I did like being able to get horseshoes, seed packets, etc.  So for me, I would rather go back to the contracts we were having as long as I can also sell off excess fish.
    I think water drops etc. would be much less of a problem if they were priced sensibly. Everyone prefers and would use something a bit different and GGS could rather easily accommodate that by providing enough "cash only" contracts for those going after cash while keeping a wide variety of trinkets, provided they massively reduced their negative effect on earnings. I think nearly everybody would be happy with that. Problem was with contracts which only offered you what you didn't want at insane prices.
    This forum is to express our views.  If we do not speak up and state how we feel GGS will assume everything is fine.   I more than anyone would like to simply move on and enjoy the game.  Yes! there have been some improvements.  The direct selling of fish alone is enough to make some people happy. I am really sorry to say, it certainly does not make me happy.  I certainly could understand a reduction in fish prices but the price reduction is too extreme.  All fish except for the little crustaceans when selling directly have been reduced over 80% and most chum has been reduced over 95% causing a loss. Sure you get more for selling through the market IF you get a contract for it. I have so much Lobster and Lobster Chum that I doubt I would ever get enough contracts to use them up.

I caught certain fish and made certain chum based on the numbers that were present.  I certainly am readjusting my style of play based on the new numbers, however, the past is still in my inventory.  We should have been allowed to cash out and start over if we chose to. 

I am very happy the cash buffers were completely removed on many contracts, removing the trinkets does indeed allow for more profit, however, this also included lowering the value of fish when selling through the market.  I understand GGS needs a balance but to go from an extreme high to an extreme low is certainly not how it should have been done.  With the high cost of equipment and boats as well as the cost to build the dockyard I do not feel the pricing on fish is adequate.  Reducing no more than 75% of the original pricing for direct sales would have been more appropriate and then set up the fish market in the exact same fashion as the Organic market.  I could never sell chum through direct sales without suffering a loss, I am therefore forced to sell through the market if and when I get contracts for the chum which is not how the organic market works. At least with the organic market there is a profit for each and every item sold through direct sales. 

It appears GGS does not have an employee that plays Bigfarm on a daily basis and if the players do not speak up GGS cannot possibly know what is off balance.  Take for instance the nails for the Jetty repairs, do you think they just suddenly decided it is too many nails... No .. the change was based on feedback.  The Jetty required far too many nails, nails give a small output and and player would have to sit there making nails over and over in order to have enough nails twice a day and would not be able to make the other necessary products needed for upgrades and other needed repairs.  I also believe the edge plant amount is also too high considering each field suffers a 60% loss every time an edge crop is sown and a massive amount of edge crops are required. The higher the Jetty level the more that is needed for repairs, however, our fields do not produce MORE as the level of the Jetty increases, no, we have to plant more often further reducing our regular crop output.

So while I am very happy for those that are happy with the return of direct fish sales and are now content, as a number cruncher I am able to realize there are still issues with the DSF that need to balanced a bit more, especially the chum.

Also while GGS has decreased the direct sale value of Salmon by 89% they continue to try to sell it at 21 times its value though a "Favorite Offer".  This is a 2,000% increase over the current value of Salmon.

And yes, it gets old saying the same thing over and over or even reading the same thing over and over, but sometimes GGS does listen ... just like they listened about the nails for the Jetty.  We just need to continually express our concerns.  GGS employees are also humans, humans do make mistakes. Those mistakes need to be pointed out so they can be addressed.
    @Griffith (INT1) @Shay1968 (US1) @KarenKay (US1)

Adding:

Water: $157,500
    Violet Seeds: $337,500

edited 07.11.2017
    Here's my current list, for those interested:

The Green Highlighted boxes are those prices I've been able to personally confirm, the Red ones are missing values.

Contract Values for Fish & Chum have a built in 5% Bonus; Oysters, for instance, are $3,500 without the 5% Bonus, $3,675 with the bonus.  Chum Values seem pretty consistent with a 5X multiplier over the Direct Sale Value (plus the 5% bonus; IE., Chum = $1,000 x 5 = 5,000 + 5% = $5,250), but the fish value multiplier is all over the place; not consistent at all. This seems like a mistake personally, but what do I know? Based on this, we can probably extrapolate that Shrimp Chum will = $23,625 and Oyster Chum will = $5,250, but I'll wait until we can confirm that.

{Edit: Added "Pet the Animals"}
    {Edit: Added "Gold: $1,000". (Yeah, I wish.)}
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
    edited 01.10.2017
    Oyster Chum 5,250

Edited to add:
     Fuku Tsuho         1,583,400

Post edited by Shay1968 (US1) on
  • I completed a number of fish contracts and now I'm getting ones that give 10k fxp, which I don't need at all. I'm just hoping that this means that other items, such as gold and seeds,  will show up again.

With the ability for direct sale, I sold off most of my stock of fish and now I'm getting a few contracts that don't need shellfish.
    @sally456 (US1)     I have not sold off any fish and I have gotten several contracts that do not ask for shellfish.
    @Southern (US1) @Shay1968 (US1)  @Surya54 (INT1)   I updated my chart on the last page...was pulling the pic on the lobster chum to show the price difference, lol, but you had already corrected it.  :)  So all we need is Shrimp Chum and Seaweed Feed, and any other trinket items they might of added.  We're knocking this one out quickly, awesome teamwork! 
    edited 01.10.2017
    Take a look at the contract I just received:

Looking at this, it appears our price on Rose Seeds is incorrect.
    I'll look for the original post where I received the price I placed in my chart.

Edit:  I found the original post back 1 page, and the Rose Seed price of $382,500 was correct.  This is my newest contract, wondering if they've made some changes.

No worries, Griffith had found when there is no dollar amount there could be a variance of the price of the items so that's what we're seeing here.  :)
    Post edited by KarenKay (US1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file