Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing HWE 28th Sept.

Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
Has the fishing HWE become level dependent?
We have all different farms levels in the co-op and some, the higher levels have 2 Gold mining licences as highest reward while others, lower levels have only 1 GML?

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Has the fishing HWE become level dependent?
    We have all different farms levels in the co-op and some, the higher levels have 2 Gold mining licences as highest reward while others, lower levels have only 1 GML?

It is based on fishing XP level
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    Yep, just worked that out but thx @Shay1968 (US1)
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Wons (AU1)

Yes, it's been that way since the FHWE first started.
    The final reward for all levels is 1 GML, only the last level  (65 FXP and up) gets 2.
  • StylishNaadia (INT1)StylishNaadia (INT1) INT1 Posts: 42
    edited 28.09.2017
    Again..... HWE requires oysters and just 1 oyster pool since yesterday and none for many hours to come.... Next demand is Tuna and I have got 4 pools for Lobsters, 5th is oyster pool and last one is Tuna+Herring one which i have already utilized...

Why this event is always soooo poorly thought out. Only those can get top scores who can skip these demands using gold untill they get the demand of their choice...
  • Not an oyster pool to be found  (usually have at least 1) once the HWE begins.  Had to use gold to skip to tuna   It's a plot to make you spend gold and I am beginning to get a bit tired of it.
  • Again..... HWE requires oysters and just 1 oyster pool since yesterday and none for many hours to come.... Next demand is Tuna and I have got 4 pools for Lobsters, 5th is oyster pool and last one is Tuna+Herring one which i have already utilized...

Why this event is always soooo poorly thought out. Only those can get top scores who can skip these demands using gold untill they get the demand of their choice...

Yup - feel like we're robbed of time to complete event if we're waiting around for viable pools HW Silo is calling for.

Not an oyster pool to be found  (usually have at least 1) once the HWE begins.  Had to use gold to skip to tuna   It's a plot to make you spend gold and I am beginning to get a bit tired of it.

Yup - insisting we spend as much Gold as we'd get from the GML if we won 'em anyway is kinda counter-productive, isn't it.

Sad to feel like all the charm & fun is being drained away from this game recently.

If it weren't for the beautiful graphics, I'd have left already - as each new abuse rears it's ugly head and drains the thrill of it all....

:- (

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I think i skipped oysters the very first time the event came, since then, knowing that oysters is always first,  I have simply not unloaded any oysters caught for the 2 days prior to the start of the event; loaded boats just sit at the dock and wait. I have sometimes had to spend a day clearing pools before I got anything for the second box but I have never failed to get the gml's which I certainly can't say for the regular HWE. This one requires a different strategy but, personally, I find it much easier, a reliable source of gold.   :¬)
  • momrulz (US1)momrulz (US1) Posts: 162
    edited 28.09.2017
    i agree with Uncle John...even with a late start, or bad pools, if you play it right, your gold licenses are guaranteed ;)

2 gml's nets you 4K gold --- so i have no problem spending a few golds to skip a fish if i need to ..........
    yes, lower level fishermen can only earn one gold mining license, but still that's 2K --- spend the 100 to skip something if you need to ;)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    GGS.. REALLY?????  6 lobster pools and I don't even see lobster in my FHW Silo yet....  :s

Good thing we can sell directly again, as I hardly ever get them in contracts!!!  :p
  • Uncle John (GB1) said:
    I have simply not unloaded any oysters caught for the 2 days prior to the start of the event; 
    How (where) do you know when the event is about to start? That's what I do during the event, but how to do that before it starts (unless of course you know the exact date).

Uncle John (GB1) said:
    I have never failed to get the gml's which I certainly can't say for the regular HWE.
    That's true for me also till yet, but it doesn't seem possible this time because of the inappropriate pools... full of lobsters which are nowhere to be seen in the HWE demands. Dont know if I skip with gold, even then i would be able to get lobsters or still all blues.... :(
  • And t be honest, I dont even get Oyster pools frequently. Every single contract in my fishing market needs 100+ clams and oysters and clam chum, but i am hardly able to get 28 or so clams and oysters per couple of days. The other fish that i have thousands of, are rarely able to be seen in contracts. Either tuna+clam chum or clams+ oysters. I am fed up of keeping on deleting contracts or otherwise wait for days and days to complete a single contract. There is a contract that gives 3 mystry boxes. I want to complete it. But would you believe, it's there since more than 2 weeks now and i am unable to complete it because it needs 103 clams, and i can't start loading it because it's one-day contract. So frustrated.... :(
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I skipped the oysters for 100 gold and then got lobster and had them running for almost a day.  Then i skipped another one (can't remember what) got shrimp and was able to get my 2 GML's today with that running for over 12 hours.  
  • I skipped the oysters for 100 gold and then got lobster and had them running for almost a day.  Then i skipped another one (can't remember what) got shrimp and was able to get my 2 GML's today with that running for over 12 hours.  
    My HWE seems to be rotating among Oster-Tuna-Herring-Oyster and so on... No reds to be seen since the start of the event. That's why I am not skipping with gold. I could skip even 2 or 3 times, only if I got some viable option. And the new pools that are appearing are all lobster ones.... This event was a total waste for me... and seemingly many others.
    I would not stress out about the HWE.  I look at the HWE as a lottery.  You wont necessarily win every time. It is sorta the luck of the draw. However, sometimes you can get lucky and win.  You just gotta keep trying each time and hope luck is on your side.  I really like the HWE because no points can be bought and even if a person uses gold there is no guarantee they can win the top spots. It is one of the most fairest events I have seen.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I agree with you shay1968...HWFE is fair and equal...I usually send my boats out to whichever pool is available...sometimes even able to fill a contract or two before HWE starts...oysters for me are first and sometimes am really lucky to have had a pool left over from which boats return to dock so the event can start...am always amazed #s keep ticking off to get any of the rewards...right now am waiting it out for clams again as the cod finished sooner than I thought...sigh.  This event is much like real fishing...a real hit and miss and some days fortune smiles on you... :)  I love it...whether am rewarded sooner or later; it all balances out in the end...ggg.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 30.09.2017
    I skipped the oysters for 100 gold and then got lobster and had them running for almost a day.  Then i skipped another one (can't remember what) got shrimp and was able to get my 2 GML's today with that running for over 12 hours.  
    My HWE seems to be rotating among Oster-Tuna-Herring-Oyster and so on... No reds to be seen since the start of the event. That's why I am not skipping with gold. I could skip even 2 or 3 times, only if I got some viable option. And the new pools that are appearing are all lobster ones.... This event was a total waste for me... and seemingly many others.

Like Ronin7 said I find it is a hit a miss with this one.  There have been a few times I haven't gotten the GML.  Sometimes my pools and fish are spot on and other time they are not.  I have much better luck with the FHWE than with the other one.  I can never win the GML with the other one I just play that one as I harvest and just collect as many rewards as I can.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Uncle John (GB1) said:
    I have simply not unloaded any oysters caught for the 2 days prior to the start of the event; 
    How (where) do you know when the event is about to start? That's what I do during the event, but how to do that before it starts (unless of course you know the exact date).
    Weekend events run on a 4 week cycle, CC / HWE / CC / FHWE (although GGS do change it occasionally)
    I assume it will start at midnight CET on Wednesday so I start holding Oysters on Tuesday morning.
    If it doesn't start till Thursday (or doesn't start at all) I've lost a few dollars from not turning boats round. Offset this against the chance of GMLs for a man that doesn't buy gold and it's a no-brainer  lol.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I would not stress out about the HWE.  I look at the HWE as a lottery.  You wont necessarily win every time. It is sorta the luck of the draw. However, sometimes you can get lucky and win.  You just gotta keep trying each time and hope luck is on your side.  I really like the HWE because no points can be bought and even if a person uses gold there is no guarantee they can win the top spots. It is one of the most fairest events I have seen.
    HWE is a source of gold for many players so quite important part of the game given what role gold can play in it. :) I take it as strategy part. There's a way to do it, although not always easy. Only RL responsibilities can prevent a player from not accomplishing the GML goal. There are too many lotteries in the game already. :)
  • I started 8rs late with this FHWE.

In spite of that, I still managed to get the 2 GML's way ahead of time before the event ends.

Cost me 100 gold to skip to a box I could play and that's all. Plan people. Even if caught off guard like I was.

HWE is a source of gold for many players so quite important part of the game given what role gold can play in it. :) I take it as strategy part. There's a way to do it, although not always easy. Only RL responsibilities can prevent a player from not accomplishing the GML goal. There are too many lotteries in the game already. :)
    Sure gold is important to players and sure the FHWE can be prepared for.  However, even if you prepare and get as many boats in with oysters before it starts that timer can still run out if no more pools spawn.  It is like the lottery, the pools that are needed HAVE to spawn just like the little balls in the machine HAVE to pop up with your number on it..  Sure gold can be used to skip to the next fish but again more pools for that fish have to spawn to keep that timer going and going at a good enough pace to reach the needed points for the GML.  I absolutely love the FHWE, I understand it and can make it work every time, even if I have to use a small portion of that gold from the GMLs to skip a fish or two to make it happen.  I do not like the regular HWE, I do not understand it and cannot make it work ... ever.  I don't even bother with it now. I simply start it and plant a few corn to get it started and go about harvesting as usual and if it hits on something I am harvesting then great I can get a few hard work rewards, if not that is fine also. Also with the FHWE, if your timer is going to run out in the middle of the night you have to make a choice, wait til morning and resume with a new type of fish or wake up from your sleep to add more incoming boat stock which is also a factor of luck if your timer can get you through a peaceful night of sleep or not.  Or if the timer can get you through a work day.  In my opinion the FHWE does take a little know how but it also takes a lot of luck for certain aspects of it unless gold is used beyond the amount that could be received, but that would be pointless considering the prizes are not great.  But my main point of my post was that it is a very fair event, a non-gold player has equal chance for the top spots if they are prepared and have luck on their side.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    There is  definitely a lot of luck that comes into play with the FHW... you never know what pools will spawn... at one point I had 6 pools of lobster and no lobster in the silo line up LOL. 

Luckily, Rowdy posted when the FHW was going to start (I forget to keep track of the events), I had boats out on oyster pools which I would have harvested had I not known when the event was going to begin... Was able  to get 16 hours at 8pps which took me overnight to next morning... in the meantime, next fish was herring, I had herring pools, had boats out there and was ready for  the switch over to herring, had enough to keep  the silo going for over 24 hours at 10pps (this is when those darn lobsters showed up). Once I cleared the lobsters, I got other pools and luckily, some more herring pools and am still getting them... 

So lucky I had to use no gold to pass a fish and lucky to have gotten so many herring pools to keep my silo going thru the end of the event (coming soon) and then some...  Here is a screen shot of my silo:

with 3 hours to go in the event, I have over 3 days of herring in the silo!!!!  I was very lucky indeed this time around!  :p

• I always get into the HWF event when 8-10 hours have gone by due to office hours, and i usually start at 600+rank. Still I have always manged to win 2 GMLs and that even doesn't require much of planning *only if* you have got appropriate pools. This time I got totally inappropriate pools throughout the event. So i agree that this event IS a game of chance. You hit the luck, you win. You miss it, you loose. Even if you plan well ahead, what can you do if you don't get the required pools. How many times you can risk skipping if there is no visible fish in Silo line-up that's also available in pools? So it's much of a game of chance as well. And now i come to think of it, that's the real fun, and not frustration, of it.... a combo of luck+planning+timing :)
    I am stumped with GML ... what does GML stand for StylishNaadia ... I get lost when too many of these shortcut speak is used ... don't know if I'm winning GML or not, but do get some rewards for playing FHWE (I figured out what this stands for...ggg)
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Gold Mining License , costs you 2000 gold to use, but you get 4000 back . Best way to earn free gold in game .
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I am stumped with GML ... what does GML stand for StylishNaadia ... I get lost when too many of these shortcut speak is used ... don't know if I'm winning GML or not, but do get some rewards for playing FHWE (I figured out what this stands for...ggg)
    Gold Mining License :)

thanks artful...can't believe it's that simple, but then again I don't play GML so that may be why I couldn't decipher it...again thanks.
    sorry I missed thanking you garybaldy...thanks for clearing up GML for me...you and artful very help and very speedy...ggg...have a great day...just looked out window and snowing; I wonder if the winter farm will be making an appearance soon...ggg.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file