Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New 4th Farm - Volcanic Island! - CANCELLED

Comments

• Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    Still hoping for a camel ranch to join them desert horses for race training :D

• lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    Are we any closer to an ETA now? Just curious, lol. (and yes I know what it did to the cat !!)

Image result for cat curious

(awwww !!)

• Something needs doing in that big building plot below the gold mine.

Western Town perhaps.

• Volcanic Island sounds good - we could grow exotic flowers on rich black soil, maybe have a Hawaian team going  ;)
    I checked out some native flora & fauna for Hawaii as an example and we could get some nice exotic orchards, maybe grow flowers on the fields, have a mongoose or even some birds ...
    Plants & creatures of Hawaii

Bring it on !!! With fishing boosting our money, we can easily have one more cool farm :)

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766

Here's one of the new farm's workers

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I'm looking forward to seeing some cool graphics for the new volcanic island. :)

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Hi, CuddlyFoxes

Thank you for the update on all the upcoming features and the info about the Volcano Farm coming around the beginning of 2018.  My question is: Will the Volcano Farm be tested first on the Test Server before coming to the Main Servers?  I sure hope so!

Sincerely,
    FarmerCli
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I hope they do this too I wouldn't mind testing it to see what it is going to be like.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    yeah, we will be testing it for sure... right here on the main servers! LOL
  • Andrew56 (AU1)Andrew56 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 879
    I too, think that the new  Volcano Farm should be rolled out on the test server before going to the live servers!

@WascallyWabbit, @CuddlyFoxes, @Rowdy Rac & @CM_Hunter, if the techs/devs at GGS are not already planning on doing this, could you please ask that they do!!!
    I can't think of ANY reason why they wouldn't first run it on the Test server!
    Thanks
  • Hi, CuddlyFoxes

Thank you for the update on all the upcoming features and the info about the Volcano Farm coming around the beginning of 2018.  My question is: Will the Volcano Farm be tested first on the Test Server before coming to the Main Servers?  I sure hope so!

Sincerely,
    FarmerCli
    Is Volcano farm is permanent farm?
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    yes it is to be our fourth permanent farm  
  • yes it is to be our fourth permanent farm  
    ok.. thanks. lets hope that is entertaining and not too much expensive. :)
  • perky (IN1)perky (IN1) IN1 Posts: 3
    Hi, CuddlyFoxes

Thank you for the update on all the upcoming features and the info about the Volcano Farm coming around the beginning of 2018. 
    can u tell me where is the update of the volcano farm?

• Hi, CuddlyFoxes

Sincerely,
    FarmerCli
    Hey @FarmerCli (US1) The volcanic farm will be available on the test server before being added to the live servers. We don't have a specific time frame right now but will let you guys know once we do. :)
    Hi, CuddlyFoxes

Thank you for the update on all the upcoming features and the info about the Volcano Farm coming around the beginning of 2018. 
    can u tell me where is the update of the volcano farm?

Hey @prabu jayaraj (IN1) The update for the volcanic farm is in early 2018. Once we get closer to the update we will post patchnotes with the details. As I mentioned above, players will be able to test this feature on the test server before it goes onto the live servers.  :)

Thank you, CuddlyFoxes....I am so thankful that the Volcanic Farm will come to the Test Farms first!  :D<3
  • I am wondering out loud... but why do they shut down the test server at all..?  I would like to be able to visit & do some upgrades on my farms  when we come to slower times on our regular servers. (like now) 

I would like if they would open the test server and the volcano farm as soon as possible.  I am quite eager to see it and knowing it will be permanent is very exciting.  I can't wait to see what the graphics department have come up with. Please Please make it like the other farms  ...where we can place objects, huts, fields, pens, coops  ect,  where we want them...I still love to do that :smiley::)

This is as good as it gets...selling fish again...cats on the farm and another permanent farm too !  :p    It's like Merry Christmas.. Happy Easter.. Happy Birthday ... Happy New Year exploding all at once !  B)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 27.09.2017
    I would like to say something  now as this has happened before   If they take the new farm LiVE  skipping the test server  It is not Cuddly fox's fault   she is just telling us what they tell her  then all of a sudden it gets changed and  the messenger is in the crosshairs  NOT COOL    NOT Right that the mods get put into this situation  all management fault so lets keep this in mind. @shantam (IN1) it will be expensive the farms are progressive I am sure you noticed so we are to expect higher costs with higher payout  the new farm is not for newbies it is for players I would guess at about level 125 or even higher.  This is fine gives the younger farmers something to look forward to  I am excited about this 

CuddlyFoxes, can you find out about how long we will get to test this new Volcanic Farm on the Test Server?  I know you mentioned that it would be coming around the start of the new year.  I would kind of like to play around on the Test Server before then to get my farm and coop in gear and ready to roll when the new Volcanic Farm gets here.
  • When Volcano farm will come. GGS said volcano will come in jan. but no news till now. Is ggs testing players patience volcano when that blast. 
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    When Volcano farm will come. GGS said volcano will come in jan. but no news till now. Is ggs testing players patience volcano when that blast. 
    They said that the plan is to put it on the test servers by the end of February. I quote:

"Dennis: The new farm. The idea was there already 2 years ago. And we started planning it 1.5 year ago, but then we had more urgent topics that we are working on right now, and we had to push it back, then we had the shrink to the team, got a lot smaller, and therefore we couldn’t, before it was the plan like 1 part of the team was working on the 4th farm and one part is like doing normal work like, exchanging the rewards and doing daily stuff, having the themed events like Easter and Christmas and stuff. So this doesn’t work, so we had to handle it somehow, but we actually started with the development of the 4th farm, the artwork is pretty far by now, and at the moment the plan is to put it on beta by end of February."

From https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/165968/announcement-big-farm-tv-first-live-broadcasting#latest

Note that the plans might change as they are busy with stuff that keeps popping up (as they said also there).
  • When Volcano farm will come. GGS said volcano will come in jan. but no news till now. Is ggs testing players patience volcano when that blast. 
    They said that the plan is to put it on the test servers by the end of February. I quote:

"Dennis: The new farm. The idea was there already 2 years ago. And we started planning it 1.5 year ago, but then we had more urgent topics that we are working on right now, and we had to push it back, then we had the shrink to the team, got a lot smaller, and therefore we couldn’t, before it was the plan like 1 part of the team was working on the 4th farm and one part is like doing normal work like, exchanging the rewards and doing daily stuff, having the themed events like Easter and Christmas and stuff. So this doesn’t work, so we had to handle it somehow, but we actually started with the development of the 4th farm, the artwork is pretty far by now, and at the moment the plan is to put it on beta by end of February."

From https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/165968/announcement-big-farm-tv-first-live-broadcasting#latest

Note that the plans might change as they are busy with stuff that keeps popping up (as they said also there).
    Ok.... Thanks hope they will not delay more... 
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    "put on beta" surely means it'll arrive on the test server first. 
    Keeping my eyes peeled for any news as well  o:)
  • speedy89 (US1)speedy89 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    when are we getting the new place from ggs i have lots of big decos im saving for it
  • Later this year, first it is being tested in house, then goes to our test server. Then hopefully when working well comes to Live servers.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    so maybe in the end of this year or begining of the next one. no need to save those decos, dismantle them with Greta or build and sell/demolish them- there will be sooo much more before the volcano island will be true for us
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Lets all not try and rush things.  Let them swat as many bugs as they can first.  Rather it take longer to roll out and be worth it, than their usual practice roll out out fast, find out later their "balancing" is off right after everyone starts liking something then rip it away, or have so many bugs with it the thing isn't worth the time.

GG…. take your time… get it right.  NO pressure.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Lets all not try and rush things.  Let them swat as many bugs as they can first.  Rather it take longer to roll out and be worth it, than their usual practice roll out out fast, find out later their "balancing" is off right after everyone starts liking something then rip it away, or have so many bugs with it the thing isn't worth the time.

GG…. take your time… get it right.  NO pressure.
    Agreed.  I, for one, need absolutely nothing else to be added for the time being.

As for Decos, we'll always have plenty, so keep a few back, if you must, but there are plenty more to be had just around the corner.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 02.03.2018
    Put the volcano farm on the test server for 3 months and create a thread for feedback.  Provide the xp, dollars, and resources to test every feature and gold for construction.  Also, we need a few numbers people for balancing.  
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Yes GGS take ur time and bring out volcano when u get it right.

Also i feel 1 new farm addition every 2-3 yrs is a good idea......maybe unlock the new farms at higher lvls.

Also plots should be more than the default 42 of main farm. There is so much empty space on my monitor :smile:
This discussion has been closed.