Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    It is usually the speed up button for me wabbit  and thank you for asking, also was a problem with lag and hitting things twice this happens in CC when you are trying to get through speedily also.  I understand @Finubar (NL1)  point  about the gold on planting in candy farm  and am sure it has gotten players and does seem suspicious.
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 26.09.2017
    It is usually the speed up button for me wabbit  and thank you for asking, also was a problem with lag and hitting things twice this happens in CC when you are trying to get through speedily also.  I understand @Finubar (NL1)  point  about the gold on planting in candy farm  and am sure it has gotten players and does seem suspicious.
    @Damaria3 (US1) Yes I totally agree about the speedup button, I often hit them myself & as they are normally small amounts & it would be an impossible thing to reverse, its not something I would report, afterall it is my own fault, but they do add up over time, so I would like to see them at least try moving the button to a different position on the ring, instead of the same spot that the feed button occupies.  

@Finubar (NL1) Insulting me does not make you right - Saying that  "The trick is that the gold is exactly where the other is with dollars" makes no sense. There are 2 buttons, one for cash & one for gold & they are next to each other. No one has ever mentioned any problems with them & yet you claim it is some sort of "trick". As I said already, if you have a problem with something in the game, just post a suggestion to get it changed.

@Kamilcom (GB1) You highlighted one sentence & then ignored the part after that - Just because they haven't added a gold lock, doesn't mean they did not add safeguards, they simply chose other ways to prevent the accidents. We can, of course, go back & say we have a suggestion for a gold lock, but we would need to give a reason, such as, "We have a player who just lost accidentally lost 20K gold while trying to ......"  - Now they may find some other way to resolve that issue, which is fine, because at the end of the day, stopping the loss is the priority. As I said, we watch the forums for any posts about new ways that accidents occur & at the moment, the speedup button is the only one we have. Feel free to supply us with any info we may have missed, because we have no objection at all with presenting suggestions to the team, we just need to have a specific problem for the suggestion to fix.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Ironheart (NL1)Ironheart (NL1) NL1 Posts: 57
    edited 26.09.2017
    @WascallyWabbit..

Seriously?...it makes no sense where the buttons are?

Then why the F is it at the spot where other fields use dollars?.

So yes, if you feel insulted....print the posts and put them on your table next to eachother as i feel pretty insulted you dont read my posts right..so let me put it out there a 4th time (try follow me)

At the candyfarm > sow your fields at see where the dollar button is (roughlu at 4-5 o'clock)
    Now use the tree...."suprise" goldbutton is that spot.

And you tell me that it makes no difference where the buttons are?

Never seen such a bs...ofc it does
    If it didnt the gold would be "save" at a distance from that place.

"..just post a suggestion to get it changed.."
    Right, i dont have the idea GGS realy bothers with ideas unless its a how we can we make people spend/buy more gold.
    There's plenty of good ideas flying around, try fix or add them 1st.

@Kamilcom (GB1) ..what he/she said "..No point arguing about that, but as a customer I do not think I have been treated with respect. And I as well as many others did draw my conclusions from that regarding our trust towards this company. One of the main causes of company reputation being in mud, but hey, they don't care, so why should we, right?.."

But this problem will also vanish over time as i grow tired of explaining everything up to 4 times..so yes eventualy:
    Problem solved, case closed....

Back to the insult part, shame you feel that way but how would you feel if you felt you werent taken seriously all the time?

Edited: changed some words
    Staying polite when p'd off is hard. So is not insulting people that dont seem to take you seriously

Post edited by Ironheart (NL1) on
    @artful (US1).. there's a difference between can want to
    edited 26.09.2017
    @WascallyWabbit ..

Its not against you as a person, but against you as an employee of GGS.
    Theres a huge gap between those 2 and it felt like i needed to say/add this as i was reading back some of my posts.

It was never meant to be on a personal lvl...if you felt that way, im truely sorry for that
  • @Finubar (NL1) Wascally Wabbit is a player like us, and forum Moderator. Our Forum Moderators are volunteers, not employees of GGS. Just so you know, why they are limited in what they can say and know about why GGS may or may not do things.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    @Finubar (NL1) Wascally Wabbit is a player like us, and forum Moderator. Our Forum Moderators are volunteers, not employees of GGS. Just so you know, why they are limited in what they can say and know about why GGS may or may not do things.

I second this full heartedly - just to add: and our moderators (= players like us, who give their energy & time to help keep the forum running correctly & decently) are highly appreciated & respected by all of us!
  • @Finubar (NL1)  Well, well, well, the mystery is solved!

When you said "Take the Candy Farm trees" & talked about a "gold icon" button, I thought that you were talking about the only gold icon button in the game, which happens to appear on Candy farm orchards:

But, you are in fact talking about speedup buttons & saying that they are badly placed, which, is not unique to the candy farm, but is true of every speedup button on every farm & is also what have already been talking about lol
    @WascallyWabbit..

Glad its solved.
    Its hard get a point across without screenshots and where i think i've been obvious enough so people should understand.

So yes, i do take blame in making this conversation a lot harder that it should be and yes i do want to appoligize for it.

And yes, also appoligize for being harsh as its sometimes frustrating where things look so obvious but clearly arent

As i dont want to leave on bad foot (or whatever the saying is in english), All i can hope for is that you understand it.

I think all my dicussions have come to an end now.
    I'll leave you guys and girls alone now
  • @Finubar (NL1) No harm done, we got there in the end, albeit via the scenic route & the point you were making, is the one we are trying to get changed, so its all good.

I appreciate your apology, thankyou & I apologize that I did not catch on sooner, that you were talking about the speedups. 

Happy farming!
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 28.09.2017

@Kamilcom (GB1) You highlighted one sentence & then ignored the part after that - Just because they haven't added a gold lock, doesn't mean they did not add safeguards, they simply chose other ways to prevent the accidents. We can, of course, go back & say we have a suggestion for a gold lock, but we would need to give a reason, such as, "We have a player who just lost accidentally lost 20K gold while trying to ......"  - Now they may find some other way to resolve that issue, which is fine, because at the end of the day, stopping the loss is the priority. As I said, we watch the forums for any posts about new ways that accidents occur & at the moment, the speedup button is the only one we have. Feel free to supply us with any info we may have missed, because we have no objection at all with presenting suggestions to the team, we just need to have a specific problem for the suggestion to fix.
    If you don't understand why I highlighted that particular sentence I can explain it. Because the type of attitude expressed in that sentence is offensive to many players. No decent company should ever think of saying to their customers "you're not listening when we tell you no". If you're compiling Lexicon of Rudeness in Business add this line.

There is another thing which I consider an expression of arrogance from GGS. When we customers ask for proper reason why optional gold lock will not be implemented we are expected to be happy with simple "no" without explanation. When we customers express our wish, we have to support that with good reasoning. Again, add this to your Lexicon of Rudeness.

Nevertheless I will remind you a reason. Many have said they will not buy any gold until optional gold lock is implemented. Guess what is happening. Many are not buying gold to keep their money safe cause they do not consider GGS to be a reliable and trustworthy partner to which they would trust their money. Optional gold lock in one of the forms we asked for is common standard way of protecting money in online applications. We are not asking anything extraordinary or special or difficult to do. Just our expressed wish should be enough for GGS to apply it or at least give us inteligent explanation why they refuse to do so, simply cause we are their customers. They don't want to annoy us cause when they annoy enough of us they are out of business. But, since I am such a nice person and so patient when we have to explain everything milion times while getting hardly any decent explanation from GGS, I will revise at least a couple points for you again:

• There is no other fool proof safeguard than that. Whatever you think GGS have done it still is easy to spend gold by mistake either due to playing fast or due to playing in half conscious state while doing other activities simultaneously (and that assisted by lag etc. also)
    • Habit is a strong behaviour factor. The above debated CF gold "start production" located in exactly the same place where we normaly have "sow" option puts everybody in risk of spending gold accidentaly without even realising that. I have caught myself several times nearly sowing with gold instead of candy dollars and the high chances are I have actually done it without noticing. Even if I did notice, I wouldn't report that as the amount would be small, hard to prove, and I wouldn't want to hassle with support knowing their often unhelpfull approach. See here? You say you have no reports of that issue - here is why.
    • This - read carefully - since there actually is NO SAFEGUARD against accidental spending gold  - doesn't matter what secondary issues GGS thinks they addressed - there simply still is NO SAFEGUARD against accidentally spending gold - many of us customers feel GGS HAS NOT ADDRESSED our main concern at all and thus stays unreliable partner for finantial transactions.
    See how simple it all is? Just a bit of correct business thinking and customer satisfaction focuss will do the trick. :)
    Suthern not sure why you posted this link but this has been addressed multiple times already. That's why we suggested several forms of OPTIONAL gold lock. Optional means that there is a way to use it only for those who want to use it. Pretty much every reasoning Latten gives was sorted out by that and made irrelevant, not to mention that half of his arguments are artificial invalid false counstructs anyway. Optional GL means that everybody who is not interested and wants to spend gold freely can continue as if nothing changed. On the other hand everybody who wants a safeguard can use it or switch it off as they wish. In this sense that post is completely outdated, providing no answer to current state of things. If you think you can find a post explaining in meaningfull way why an OPTIONAL gold lock is not implemented, please do so. When I speak about meaningful explanation I mean something which has factual and logical foundation, not something that can be completely torn appart due to lack of integrity as Latten's post can.

Now what it does show though is the lack of results. :) Spring 2014 this already was an issue, and 3 and a half years later GGS still was not able to fix everything to avoid even what Latten calls "accidental" in narrow sense, much less "accidental" in broader sense as I use it in above post. :) .
    This the post from the link above from Latten former community manager

I'm pretty sure we had this topic going a few times now
    For now, we're not planning to add a 'simple' gold lock for multiple reasons:

Since we give out gold for free as well as offering lots of deals on it in our shop, we want it to be usable without problems. We don't want to "stop" you from actually using your gold.
    If we 'block' users from spending gold, it will not be spent. If you want to spend a little gold and you will get a warning message saying something along the lines of "Hey, are you really, REALLY sure you want to do this?", people with rather click 'no' than 'yes', just because the warning would be somewhat intimidating on a psychological basis. And, of course, we'd like players to use gold, so this would be pretty counter-productive for everyone.

Now I do see the point of a gold lock, of course, but it mostly boils down to bugs or performance issues that cause players to accidentally spend gold - and by that, I'm talking actual accidents, like misplaced clicks etc. That's surely something we are and will continue to work on. But we're trying to fix this issue where it starts - by fixing bugs, UI problems and performance issues that might cause this. If we just add a 'gold lock', we won't actually help the problem but just adding to another one.

We want players to happily use their gold without any artificial need to do so - it should be useful, or fun, or simply "worth it" to do so. By adding a 'gold lock' or other mechanics similar to that, we will make it feel not like fun, but dangerous, a risk, something you'll have to confirm multiple times or can even turn off completely, and that's a complete 180° from what we want to achieve here.

So, in less words, there won't be a gold lock for now. Feel free to discuss though, we'll be here.

Kamilcon said very clearly why they need to rethink this reasoning  I play other games and pay for the rubies or RC or whaterver and they all ask me do I want to spend  I APPRECIATE THE CARE THAT THEY TAKE  no where in those games can I accidently lose something I paid for.This game has the sneaky ways that you can lose money that aren't an issue in others so what can you think than they are deliberately trying to dupe people out of funds they paid for.  That is not fun or enjoyable so this explanation by Latten reinforces the trickery rather than any value they place on paying customers.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    You said they've never given a reason.  They have. It may not be a GOOD reason, You may not AGREE with their reason, you might be able to poke 1,000 holes in it and tear it apart, you might even have an alternative (the "optional" lock).  But they've said "No" *multiple* times (even to the optional one), and further arguing about it isn't going to change their minds.

They don't even really OWE us a reason; they could just as easily say something like "We thought about it, and decided it wasn't in the best interest of our business" and call it a day.

If you don't want to buy gold because there's no gold lock, that's your choice.  It doesn't stop me. (Although I am on a self-imposed gold purchase moratorium until I see how they "Fix" Deep Sea Fishing).
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @WascallyWabbit..   I get that your job is not running this game.  Just moderating the forums.  And you do a fine job considering all the complaints lately.

But this issue has been one for YEARS!!!!! I can't even remember how many times I lost gold by clicking the wrong spot and didn't mean to spend. Not that I wouldn't have spent, just would rather have had some protection to spend where I want and not by something so stupid as placing the gold button a fraction of an inch from cash buttons.

Now I did put money into this game.  Three farms, water towers were all bought by adding gold with my pay pal account.  Not only this game but one GG decided to trash.  I never spend much, but how many people are signed up around the world?  If every one put in two bucks, it adds up fast.  

UNTIL… accidents happen.  Sometimes because some blasted "offer" pops up RIGHT where and when I'm clicking a field and poof, money gone.  
    SO I'd contact support.  Wait…. wait…. wait…. days later, get back the usual "be more careful we cannot refund accidental spending."  More than a few times and for a variety of slip up reasons.  Always the same, huge waste of time contacting support.

So my answer to that is I AM more careful.  My credit card has not been touched for this game.  Any gold they steal with a poorly (or more likely intentionally) designed game is gold they gave me.  Still hurts to lose it since it dribbles in so slowly, but there is no point in contacting support.  MANY TIMES no point. 

So… the list of oopsies include (not limited to)  
    Trying to see how much longer a building upgrade has… oops, clicked finish button.  
    My fields and mill are close.  Close enough that if I'm not careful I click the blasted mill instead of planting corn.  Poof money gone.

Deals that pop up RIGHT in the middle of the game.  Yup got some library thing I surely didn't need or want. 
    Poof money gone.

The candy farm has the plant with money right next to the plant with coin icon.  Slipped up more than a few times with that this round alone.

And yet…. the coop challenges, which I stopped even looking at awhile ago, bring up a rewards page.  WHY can't I just click the red bullet and get that off my screen?   OH NOOOO.   Gotta click the close rewards page AGAIN.

Same for an event I didn't get through.   Gotta turn that off repeatedly.  And sometimes even if I got real close with the last task the gold amount for some dumb piece of deco is INSANE!  But I have to click that twice. Are you sure?  YEA I'm sure.  GET OFF.

Now if they can do that, surely adding an extra click BEFORE money is spent would be possible.
    Just a confirm button.  Big deal.  At least a slip up could be stopped in a nano second.
    Or my suggestion long ago, an OPTIONAL button to lock all gold.   Simply unlock it for those who want to spend quickly. Say for the coop challenge.   Optional.  OFF by default.  But an option for those like me who tend to play too fast and slip up.

Or… my answer to "be more careful"   I play free.
    edited 28.09.2017
    You said they've never given a reason.  They have. It may not be a GOOD reason, You may not AGREE with their reason, you might be able to poke 1,000 holes in it and tear it apart, you might even have an alternative (the "optional" lock).  But they've said "No" *multiple* times (even to the optional one), and further arguing about it isn't going to change their minds.

They don't even really OWE us a reason; they could just as easily say something like "We thought about it, and decided it wasn't in the best interest of our business" and call it a day.

If you don't want to buy gold because there's no gold lock, that's your choice.  It doesn't stop me. (Although I am on a self-imposed gold purchase moratorium until I see how they "Fix" Deep Sea Fishing).
    Pls don't have me explain everything again just cause you failed to read my previous posts carefully. Invalid reasoning doesn't help clarity, just confuses things. If you respond just for the sake of argument without actually addressing anything it's not helpfull either.

• What reason did they give for not including OPTIONAL gold lock? None as far as I know, not even bad one.
    • Although you might have your way saying they don't OWE us a reason, I made comparison which you overlook. Wabbit wants us to give reason for wanting gold lock. So we don't OWE a reason either, right? Just saying we want it is enough. That's called equality.
    On top of that, in overall sense, we don't even have to listen to 3 years old comment. Game develops, new players come to the game, Latten has long been gone, just this is a reason for reopenning the issue, and telling us that we don't listen to simple "no" is just plain rude. Trying to put out a smoke screen to disguise the fact that safety is still not there without any good reason for ommition is not gonna fool everybody. And btw how do you know what's gonna change their mind or not? Are you a fortune teller? How many times they said "no" to other stuff and then changed it? Some things sooner, some things later.

Notice that I'm not imposing anything on anyone. Optional is just that - optional for those who want it. Notice how many features in the game are by design made for minority of players, like gold upgrades of mine or nurseries etc. Why not this one? If you don't care, it's ok. There are others that do care. If they want something that will not in anyway affect you, why should you be bothered? Forum is here to express our wishes. If we don't, they tell us problem is gone. If we do, they tell us "we told you no already". Their approach makes no sense at all. And your reasoning is not much better in this sense either.
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • Kamilcom (GB1) said:

If you don't understand why I highlighted that particular sentence I can explain it. Because the type of attitude expressed in that sentence is offensive to many players. No decent company should ever think of saying to their customers "you're not listening when we tell you no". If you're compiling Lexicon of Rudeness in Business add this line. 

There is another thing which I consider an expression of arrogance from GGS. When we customers ask for proper reason why optional gold lock will not be implemented we are expected to be happy with simple "no" without explanation. When we customers express our wish, we have to support that with good reasoning. Again, add this to your Lexicon of Rudeness.

@Kamilcom (GB1)

The only offensive thing about it, is that you highlighted part of a sentence & then used it out of context to try to make a point. What I actually said was:
    You are correct that it has been asked for repeatedly, but it also been repeatedly said it will not happen, yet people continue to post "We have been asking for a gold lock for years & GGS still haven`t added one, they never listen to us" when you could just as easily say, you never listen to them when they say there will be no gold lock. 
    It is not GGS telling its customers that  "you're not listening when we tell you no" nor is anyone being expected to be happy with a "no" without explanation. It is not a statement from GGS at all, that is just you trying to twist it into one.

You claim that GGS did not give any explanation & yet when Southern posted one for you, you don`t want to hear that either, claiming that it is 3 years old, well that should be long enough for the message to sink in don`t you think?
    Wabbit wants us to give reason for wanting gold lock. So we don't OWE a reason either, right? Just saying we want it is enough. That's called equality. 
    Sorry but no, that is not enough. We are happy to take suggestions to the team, but we are not going to go to them & ask for something with no reason other than "we want it" -  As I have said already, the issue of accidentally clicking speedups should be addressed & could probably be resolved just by moving the button, but you have not mentioned anywhere that significant amounts of gold can still be spent accidentally, that would warrant the assignment of resources to creating a gold lock. Since you consider it to be such a big problem, why is it so hard to come up with even 1 example?

So… the list of oopsies include (not limited to)  
    Trying to see how much longer a building upgrade has… oops, clicked finish button.  
    My fields and mill are close.  Close enough that if I'm not careful I click the blasted mill instead of planting corn.  Poof money gone.

Deals that pop up RIGHT in the middle of the game.  Yup got some library thing I surely didn't need or want. 
    Poof money gone.

The candy farm has the plant with money right next to the plant with coin icon.  Slipped up more than a few times with that this round alone.

And yet…. the coop challenges, which I stopped even looking at awhile ago, bring up a rewards page.  WHY can't I just click the red bullet and get that off my screen?   OH NOOOO.   Gotta click the close rewards page AGAIN.

Same for an event I didn't get through.   Gotta turn that off repeatedly.  And sometimes even if I got real close with the last task the gold amount for some dumb piece of deco is INSANE!  But I have to click that twice. Are you sure?  YEA I'm sure.  GET OFF.
    @Artmaker (GB1) Thankyou for your oopsie list :)

Totally agree about speedups & we will bring up about the gold button, being near the cash one on the candy farm orchards too - we hadn`t seen any complaints about it, but its such a small amount they probably don`t post.  I also agree about too many clicks for the challenge results & as well as annoying that the week finisher one demands attention right then, even if it comes up at a bad time.

Can you tell me the last time that you accidentally bought from a pop-up? Because that shouldn`t happen anymore. :(

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The idea of the delay on the pop-ups is fine as long as one's computer is running quick but when the delay on your laptop is greater than the delay on the pop-up it is of no help at all. A proper confirmation would be much better.
    One that @artful (US1)  missed but has been talked about by a few of us and him too in other posts is the TRUST issue, that people DONT and Won't buy  gold because there is no protection for their money there are a lot of those people.  They have a whole group of people that quit or have never bought gold because of this issue.  When does a company not take advantage of a source of income?  Well you delivered selling fish off and I did buy a small amt of gold today. I don't mind paying to be entertained but I and many others want to know that we are being heard and our concerns are taken seriously. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 30.09.2017
    ok, here is my suggestion... this takes in account for what Latten said years ago etc. (I can't put it in suggestions as it would not allow me to upload the graphic)

How about in settings, you give us a checkbox for buying confirm... this would be for cash and gold... anytime you hit a buy button (gold or cash) you receive a pop up asking "do you want to buy" or something.... this way the game experience is being controlled by the player... check the box and each and every time the player wants to buy something, cash or gold, they get a pop up asking if they really want to buy it?!

Post edited by JVD (US1) on
    as gold and farm cash are in game currencies and it would be one thing to deal with rather than just setting up a specific gold lock since buy buttons are BUY buttons even though they are different buy buttons, this should be a simple addition as GGS did for the fishing report! I turned off my fishing report notification happily, but happy to know it is there if I want to change my settings and see it again!

I have been happy with the changes GGS has made in greying out the popups temporarily preventing us from click click popup click and accidentally spending gold when not intended... 
    Nothing new @JVD (US1) Optional gold lock has been suggested and explained in detail with several options given multiple times. We have been going in circles for ages with GGS bosses giving no explanation whatsoever for not doing it. Latten's post is irrelevant in this respect as it does not respond to this suggestion at all, which also has been explained but there are some who just refuse to admit to reason.
    edited 30.09.2017
    @Kamilcom (GB1)  you are reading my post incorrectly...  it is not an optional gold lock... it is an option to check in settings if you want a confirmation popup when you hit any buy button, doesn't matter if gold or cash (both are in game currencies), just like the option to have the fishing report pop up or not...

• In my opinion, this is a serious integrity issue with GGS.
    Oh sorry, you're right. Too late into the night, not focused enough. Tired after busy working week. :) And still not sure how you mean it. Understand the mechanics - which is what has been suggested with several variations for gold lock including exactly this - using your own wording to avoid further confusion - "option to check in settings if you want a confirmation popup when you hit the" "spend gold" button. But by "buy button" you mean what exactly? Any spending of gold or dollars? That would be useless as I can't think of anyone who would want confirmation on every dollar spent. I guess I'm still not getting it. :) Maybe after I wake up. :)
    edited 30.09.2017
    I mean exactly that... any BUY button... gold or cash! yes! 

The problem is that most think gold is "real money"... it is not, you did buy it with real money, you get a sum of gold for your "real cash" but it becomes an in game currency just like farm cash, just acquired differently.... you can earn gold by leveling up, mystery boxes, etc, you did not buy this gold with "real money" so should that be differentiated from the gold you by with "real money"??

I personally would not check the box for this (it would drive me nuts to get a pop up everytime I hit a BUY button) and I really do not have an issue with lost gold or accidental use of gold... but many others seem to have a problem and since the optional "gold lock" has been said no to, thought I would try another suggestion/variation that they might look at, trying to make it easy for GGS to think about the options in settings....

Well not sure about what most think, but yeah, it's an angle of view and you have your point. Gold is not real money, both gold and dollars is in-game currency. But making no distinction between them like you suggest is not practical. Nobody wants "dollar lock" but many want "gold lock". The reason lies in the different way dollars as standard currency and gold as exclusive currency function in the game, not only in how they are obtained. I'm sure I don't need to explain the difference as you have been playing the game for long. As you say, it would drive you nuts, and I think I can quite confidently confirm that wast majority of players including me, if not all, would be in the same shoes. So basically you yourself, although you put out a nice theoretical thesis, classified your suggestion as useless from practical point of view. :)

As to making things easy for GGS, I don't think it is a complexity of gold lock which holds them from including it in the game, as it is a simple standard solution routinely used as protection measure in many online applications, not just games.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Can you tell me the last time that you accidentally bought from a pop-up? Because that shouldn`t happen anymore. :(

13th of March this year @WascallyWabbit . Bought a deco from a pop-up that I never even saw. Laptop lag :¬(
  • Could it really be that difficult to have tool option for gold purchases, just as you have for sound and music?

GGS, tell me if this analogy for gold loss works:
    At grocery store, buy gallon of milk, leave store, drop milk and container breaks. 
    No recourse for another gallon of milk because the store has no control over your handling of the milk.
This discussion has been closed.