Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Oktoberfest!

JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
edited 02.09.2018 in Most Discussed Topics
Can't wait to see what this will be... glad to see a new event that is not asian themed  ;)

edit: in fact I think this was a suggestion I put in!!!

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    JVD (US1) said:
    Can't wait to see what this will be... glad to see a new event that is not asian themed  ;)

First round's on me!  
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    sounds like a plan to me @artful (US1)  B)
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    What is the 'Oktoberfest Event'? I never hear about that...
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    What is the 'Oktoberfest Event'? I never hear about that...
    It's a German Festival - just google "Oktoberfest" and you'll get your info .... this event has only been announced in the "Racing Farmer" up until now so nobody knows yet how this event will look like ~ your guess is as good as ours  :)
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    Looking forward to it!
    When this event start?
    we don't know yet, still to be announced :)
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 20.08.2017
    Just a guess here but possibly in October.   That's when we have it where I live.
    Post edited by rsny (US1) on
    Now is August, this October event still need to wait for a long time...
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Products in the Oktoberfest can be directly sold or used in contracts for more money.  
    Many items in the Oktoberfest make a profit, but some items are loss making.  
    Higher levels require more ingredients and make less profit.  
    If someone has a profit chart for other level ranges, please contribute by posting it in the comments.  

Levels 3-29

Levels 30-64

Levels 65-99  (My level range)

Levels 100-149

Levels 150+
    I quit making anything for octoberfest.  if a contract calls for whatever the lazy guy gives me when I poke him, I fill it.  Otherwise I'm selling everything off the last day.  Not worth my time or my interest.  I have a farm that needs building.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I am making good profit at level range 65-99.  I am making around 500000 a day and I have 3000 visitors.  
    That's good if that's what you can do.  But I'm making much more than that on my other farms with ingredients that the octoberfest is asking for.  Much, much more.
  • I have not visited the candy farm and the pre-Oktoberfest info said that those who have not visited the candy farm could still participate.

Sure. I can fill 1 or 2 contracts out of every 10 because almost all of the contracts require products that can only be made with candy farm harvests (gingerbread, ice cream, cherry juice).

If these are going to be requirements, at least make the components (sugar, alpaca milk, etc.) purchasable with farm dollars.

Very frustrating.
    edited 02.10.2017
    I have not visited the candy farm and the pre-Oktoberfest info said that those who have not visited the candy farm could still participate.

Sure. I can fill 1 or 2 contracts out of every 10 because almost all of the contracts require products that can only be made with candy farm harvests (gingerbread, ice cream, cherry juice).

If these are going to be requirements, at least make the components (sugar, alpaca milk, etc.) purchasable with farm dollars.

Very frustrating.
    I quit producing anything for this event.  Now I just fill contracts with whatever I get by finding the lazy dude -- many of his gifts are candy farm items.  I won't win this way, of course, but I am managing to make one-to two hundred thousand a day, some days.  (Most days, 50-75,000.)
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • yes, as mentioned before, i believe this is the first time GGS has  made participation in eventA (candy farm) have a direct effect on how well you can do i eventB.(Oktoberfest). nowhere was this forewarned or even foreshadowed......

Add this to the (growing) "not playing fair" list......   :\
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I have not gotten even one candy farm item from the lazy worker. Nor have I gotten gold from him.  I did finally open the island and built 2 alpaca pens and a cocoa tree and the 2 mills.  That made no difference.  Also, I agree, the items that require candy farm items far out-weigh the items that can be produced by regular farming.  This was such a horrible idea to include candy farm items.  It really does exclude MANY players or FORCES them to start the island.  While I am sure there are players having fun with this event, I for one dislike it and I am very disappointed with the way it is set up to include candy farm items. 
    yes, as mentioned before, i believe this is the first time GGS has  made participation in eventA (candy farm) have a direct effect on how well you can do i eventB.(Oktoberfest). nowhere was this forewarned or even foreshadowed......

Add this to the (growing) "not playing fair" list......   :\
    agreed.
  • despite the debacle that Oktoberfest has been, I wanted to recognize you for the superb job on the artwork  :)

Each of the new food buildings is cute, whimsical, and thematically fitting, as is the Oktoberfest main tent.

(The same compliment is due you regarding the DSF buildings and characters as well)

It must be difficult to turn out such fine work, knowing your "team-mates" in development are going to make it a highly disliked game feature.....chins up you guys, you are doing an excellent job and thank you!

Agree - the graphics are beautiful !

Have always lauded the artists / graphic designers / animators for making this game so

visually strimulatingl.

One of the reasons we hate to leave to play another game instead,

as their graphics aren't as nice.

But ===> some of us, frankly, have had it with GGS-BF.

It has morphed into a painful experience since they've ripped the fun away and

replaced it with their repeated proven disdain for us by not respecting us.

It seems the lunatics are running the asylum over there and we're suffering as a result.

Perhaps when they see a mass migration of us to other games (like HayDay),

taking with us our fellow Players -

and our gold Dollars -

they'll re-consider their arrogance.

Whoever is in charge of Customer Satisfaction  over there needs serious

counseling & re-training and / or a pink slip A.S.A.P.

Did I need to sell all the oktoberfest foods before it end like candy farm? Actually I'm get the least in the candy farm if compares with island/viking farm..... Low level players like me actually get more profit than the high level players in oktoberfest.
  • Did I need to sell all the oktoberfest foods before it end like candy farm? Actually I'm get the least in the candy farm if compares with island/viking farm..... Low level players like me actually get more profit than the high level players in oktoberfest.

I sold off all Octoberfest foods, just in case it is like temp farms. Started tearing down Candy Farm 3 days ago, sold all left over products.
    Selling mine off.  Even if it comes back next year, I don't even want to look at them. LOL!
  • Let us hope this event in it's present state ~  NEVER RETURNS ~  

I broke down my candy farm only...the event ended in the middle of the night, guess I was dreaming of fish stew  :s ...lol... then chasing down that lazy good for nothing sleeping cook who was running out on everyone with his pockets full of gold.. and HA..I caught him and got away with 300 in gold...finally   :p
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Selling mine off.  Even if it comes back next year, I don't even want to look at them. LOL!
    They will all be moldy and full of green whiskers by then and the frozen yogurt and ice cream will be a drippy, gooey, yucky mess (maybe even covered in ants) :o;) ...So yes, I sold mine too
    sold mine off too!!!  :D

don't want any drippy, gooey, yucky mess (maybe even covered in ants) in my storage!  :s:p:#  
    You don't even want to know what happens to the fish dishes.  Bleck!
  • I so enjoyed participating in the oktoberfest event last fall and I wondered if that event will be repeated?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    9/10 yes it has happened for the last couple of years ;) So should be around again this year :)
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    @WascallyWabbit Oktoberfest event needs candy farm products right.
    And candy farm started before Oktoberfest and I think it will end before the start of Oktoberfest, then what will be the products or are this CF's products going to be used in next Oktoberfest?

Sign In to comment.