Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 4th - "Happy Hour and Obon Festival" - Discussion

Comments

• edited 10.08.2017
    Hi @WascallyWabbit.  I am having trouble with the Happy Hour Event again.  Maybe you and @Southern (US1) can tell me what I am missing this time.   :)

1.  I am aware that the US1 Server - Big Farm Time is Central Time.  I live in the Pacific Time zone.  I have made the necessary time changes for me in playing the game, My US1 Server BF game time is 2 hours ahead of my time.   

2.  I did see the new info in the Mod News about how the 3 time periods for Happy Hour are counted each day.  Here is the link if anyone needs it.  ;)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3596330/#Comment_3596330

3.  I am absolutely certain that I was online and logged in all day and during all 3 time periods for Happy Hour.  However the screen shot below, shows I did not get credit for one of the time periods.   :'(  Something is wrong? :s  Thanks for your help.  :)

P.S.  I do think that the developers should make a change so that the credit corresponds to each Happy Hour time period.  New players will constantly be sending in support requests and be confused if it is not changed. 

• aok (US1) said:
    I too am in the Eastern Time Zone of USA.  Where I live we are currently on Daylight Savings Time and I notice that my farm clock is one hour behind my current real time.  Is this a problem that will affect Happy Hour log-ins?   If so, then:
    1.  How do I contact tech support?  I looked in the threads and the one for support seems to be a conglomeration of different topics.
    2.  How do I take a screen shot?  I'll need the step-by-step "For Dummies" version.

I may have a green thumb for gardening/farming, but when it comes to computers...
    Hello @aok (US1)  
       1. You are playing the Big Farm Game on the US 1 Server.  The game now runs on "Big Farm Time"  which for our US 1 Server is Central time.  So your Eastern time will always be 1 hour ahead of the game time.
         2.  To contact support, there are 4 white boxes at the top right of your screen.  Click on the bottom left one-the gear, then click on the 3rd one down-pic of a support person with headphones on.  The info to contact support and some FAQ's will come up. Just fill out the form if you still need it after reading the FAQ's.
         3.  To take a screen shot, if you are using a PC computer and Microsoft Windows 10, here are 2 ways to do it.
         1. Press the prt sc key.  Then open your paint program and paste it to the screen. Save it, write on it using paint, crop it, etc.  It's an easy little program, play around with it for fun.  Paint comes with Windows 10.  You will find it by clicking on the windows icon on the bottom left corner of your screen (looks like 4 little boxes), then scroll down to Windows Accessories, click on it, scroll down to Paint, and click on it to open. You can add it to your icons at the bottom of your screen for quick reference.
         2. Here's the 2nd way.  Press the Windows key (it is 2 keys to the left of the space bar and has the 4 little boxes on it for the Windows icon) and hold it down.  The press the prt sc key.  Your screen show is automatically saved under This PC, Pictures, Screenprints.  You can rename it there, open it, and copy paste it from there to Paint as needed.  
    ----------------------
    To add a screen print to your forum post.  Put your cursor in your post where you want the picture to be.  Then go to the top of your post, and click on icon at the top to insert image (the mountain with a sun over it-at the top of your post-right side) the browse to find your saved pic. and click on it.   It will slowly load onto your post.
    *** I like to rename my screenshots  or save my Paint files with the date and something about it to help me remember what it is. 
    ***Support wants us to only send in one problem with each request.  You can send in 1 screenshot with it.  You will get an e-mail saying that your support request was received and a copy of it.  You can reply to it with added screenshots of information as needed. 
    Hope this helps.  Happy Farming!  Let me know if I can help-fastest way to reach me is through the ingame e-mail - Craftycritters  
  • aok (US1)aok (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    Thank you, @Craftycritters (US1)!   I'll just adjust to the time discrepancy and treat it like it's my one clock that refuses to accept Daylight Savings Time.  ;)  I'm up all night anyway.  I appreciate your response.

Happy Farming!
  • matt14696 (US1)matt14696 (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    Hi Craftcritters, just being logged on apparently doesn't work. You need to be logged on and ACTIVE. That's what has been posted in the forum.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Hope you'll reach on top 20 soon Mr. X @Xcution (INT1) :)
    No chance now
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    @WascallyWabbit,

I would like to take advantage of the +40% feed from my mills. Up until now I have not payed that much attention to when we get the credit. Can you please tell me if I wanted 40% more cow feed this evening,
    would I have to start the cow feed during the happy hour or
    would I have to collect the cow feed during the happy hour?

Thank you :)
  • APK (IN1)APK (IN1) Posts: 49
    @WascallyWabbit,

I would like to take advantage of the +40% feed from my mills. Up until now I have not payed that much attention to when we get the credit. Can you please tell me if I wanted 40% more cow feed this evening,

Yeah same query....I am also a bit confused
  • @WascallyWabbit,

If you want 40% more feed from the evening booster than start producing it from either morning or the afternoon as cow feed requires time. If you collect it while the happy hour booster is on, you'll receive it's bonus but if you start it's production during the booster and collect it after the booster have ended then it won't have any effect.

This is if you are producing more feed, like 100 or 120, which requires a lot of hours but if you're gonna go for low production, for example 10, it won't take much time so you'll receive it's bonus if the booster is on. However, I suggest you start it's production before hand so you can use the booster for other feeds too :)
    edited 10.08.2017
    I have just answered my own question @APK (IN1) 

We must collect the mill during the happy hour :)

I had cow feed that I started last night and when I moused over it this morning, during the 1st happy hour it said I'd get 364 w/sparkles. Now that happy hour has ended it says 336.

I had goat feed w/sparkles that I started during the happy hour, it's ready now and only says 336. No +10% so it must be harvested during the happy hour.
    Thank you @areeba ahmad (INT1)

I want to make a max batch of 250 cow feed and get the 40% on that so I'll have to gold it but that is fine because I hate to make cow feed :)
  • Welcome @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

I also make cow feed only when I went to sleep, that way I could sleep peacefully without worrying that I have to collect feed after an hour or 28 mins :tongue::lol::sleeping:

• Jeff1526 (US1)Jeff1526 (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    so unless I'm missing something, the happy hour bonus for Friday is fireworks booster for events, but the event ends today??  someone missed the boat on that one (or did it intentionally)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 10.08.2017
    A question.......

We are ready to upgrade the village boat. 

A.  Is there any point to this?  Will we receive any better quantity or quality or award?

B.  Will the boat require more materials for repair because of a higher level?
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    A question.......

A.  Is there any point to this?  Will we receive any better quantity or quality or award?

You'll get the better quantity and/or quality when upgrading the boat. The trip will take less time when the hull in good condition, so your cooperative have more time to repair the boat. But as a consequence, it'll requiring more and new materials to repair and more products to fill the friendship meter (my cooperative have a jetty level 2 and now asking for rubber latex as a part of repair)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    A question.......

Up to you if it is worth it.

A - you will get more rewards. B - Yes, it will require more materials.

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    A question.......

My coop has elected not to upgrade the jetty as it doesn't seem like the rewards are worth the extra cost.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    We went to level 2 on jetty after being told NOT to do that someone got happy fingers   now have to have the latex  needs a lot more wood  I am not happy about this to me not worth it  but at least it was only latex added  now the team is instructed to not putting in any materials for upgrading so this does not happen again. 
  • edited 11.08.2017
    im not sure about this happy hour thing for a normal family or someone who has a normal job during the day i think this will just cause unwanted extra stress, 
    ie, a mother getting her kids ready for school in the morning ( get up lazy, eat your breakfast, school run in rush hour traffic, are we there yet, drive home, make a coffee and oh its gone 10am, missed that login. or someone who works 9 to 5 plus travel time cant login at work and gets home knackered tired misses all 3 logins, ok so we could all just  stay logged in 24/7 and get all the bonuses but i would like to bet that GGS have already got a remedy for this in a future update that logs people out if they are inactive for periods of time.

for me i can if i want to log in at all three times apart from the evening on Fridays as i work weekend nights but then i fall down here as even if i do login  and get all the week day bonuses the weekend super bonus is of no use to me at all, i work 12 hour nights with an hours travel there and back, and i get home go to bed sleep then get up an hour before i leave for work again so no point me bothering during the week either lol . 

if these daily login times are quiet on big farm its for a reason cos people are busy and dont have time, i'm single so doesnt really bother me one way or the other but for families they need family time not parents sneaking off to log in lol  

im probably thinking too deep into this but for a lot of players this happy hour 3 hours 3 times a day just wont work for them, I realize what GGS are trying to do is generate more business/player time during quiet periods ( my guess)
     but it does penalize a lot of players who have busy lives outside of the game does it not. this is just my observation/opinion please dont bite me :) 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The way I look at it, if I hit it, I hit it, if I don't, I don't.  Not going to change my schedule or my life because of it.  Every single element of the game is unfair to some people some of the time.  
  • im not sure about this happy hour thing for a normal family or someone who has a normal job during the day i think this will just cause unwanted extra stress, 
    ie, a mother getting her kids ready for school in the morning ( get up lazy, eat your breakfast, school run in rush hour traffic, are we there yet, drive home, make a coffee and oh its gone 10am, missed that login. or someone who works 9 to 5 plus travel time cant login at work and gets home knackered tired misses all 3 logins, ok so we could all just  stay logged in 24/7 and get all the bonuses but i would like to bet that GGS have already got a remedy for this in a future update that logs people out if they are inactive for periods of time.

for me i can if i want to log in at all three times apart from the evening on Fridays as i work weekend nights but then i fall down here as even if i do login  and get all the week day bonuses the weekend super bonus is of no use to me at all, i work 12 hour nights with an hours travel there and back, and i get home go to bed sleep then get up an hour before i leave for work again so no point me bothering during the week either lol . 

if these daily login times are quiet on big farm its for a reason cos people are busy and dont have time, i'm single so doesnt really bother me one way or the other but for families they need family time not parents sneaking off to log in lol  

im probably thinking too deep into this but for a lot of players this happy hour 3 hours 3 times a day just wont work for them, I realize what GGS are trying to do is generate more business/player time during quiet periods ( my guess)
     but it does penalize a lot of players who have busy lives outside of the game does it not. this is just my observation/opinion please dont bite me :) 
    It doesn't "penalize" us, per se, we just don't get the bonus. *shrug* I'm viewing this addition much like I did the WWC - I can maybe get additional rewards for playing normally. I don't have internet at home, so I can only play as much as I play already. Not gonna stress about it.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    not getting my check marks or little green arrows at teh evening log in - 2 times as of this message stil not green

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    I went to get a screen shot and must have missed hit the prnt scrn button so i had to do over - so it shows a past time but i was playing the game same as i was playing on the other evening showing red no 0 with a line- there are others in the coop have the same and there posting in chat with in the time of the clock- if you have to be logged in b4 the time reaches the mark to count then we should be told so - all other green marks i was on b4 the clock reached the time period. the previous msg. was posted in the time limit and the booster was running but i got no credit for the week ending bonus - please let me know what im doing wrong?
    https://s28.postimg.org/tq1ga07wt/Untitled.png

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    A question.......

Yep its gonna give u a better rewards and more better personal rewards but ofcorse if u want better reward u have to put better and more requirements to complete the condition of your boat. We have a boat on level 4 and now its required almost every item more then 10k yo complete a hahah :neutral:
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    There is a 54% increase for personal items to fill the friendship meter when leveling up the Jetty and it seems consecutive for each level.  There is also a big increase for the repair items.  The rewards are minimal compared to the increase in repair items and personal donation items.  I wish it were possible to demolish the Jetty and stay at level 1.
  • StylishNaadia (INT1)StylishNaadia (INT1) INT1 Posts: 42
    edited 11.08.2017
    Ironically enough, Happy Hour of "event items bonus" starts right after the event has ended! And voila! it will continue throughout the day!!!

Congrats GGS! You guyz are turning "intelligenter" and "intelligenter"  day by day.

Cheers!
  • StylishNaadia (INT1)StylishNaadia (INT1) INT1 Posts: 42
    edited 11.08.2017
    Already we had full 1 day's internet disconnectivity in Pakistan (during this event) due to fiber optic cable problem. And I had already opted for Book 7!
    <sigh>
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Bummer dont see how you can get it done I cant with all days being here. Good luck on your next try. 
  • Yes, it is biased towards certain countries - how about continents - eg Europe, Asia, Africa, America, etc
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    BJs (US1) said:
    I went to get a screen shot and must have missed hit the prnt scrn button so i had to do over - so it shows a past time but i was playing the game same as i was playing on the other evening showing red no 0 with a line- there are others in the coop have the same and there posting in chat with in the time of the clock- if you have to be logged in b4 the time reaches the mark to count then we should be told so - all other green marks i was on b4 the clock reached the time period. the previous msg. was posted in the time limit and the booster was running but i got no credit for the week ending bonus - please let me know what im doing wrong?
    https://s28.postimg.org/tq1ga07wt/Untitled.png

You only have to be logged in at some point during the time period - don't have to log in before and don't have to log out and then back in.

Login during only one of the 3 time slots and regardless of which time slot you login during, the 1st daily icon will get the green check.  Login during only 2 of the 3 time slots and the 1st and 2nd icons will be checked.  In both cases the 3rd time slot will be the red 'no' symbol.  

That's because your progress is not counted individually by time period but progressively by the NUMBER of time periods you log into during the day.   Time periods are not related directly to the position of the daily icons.
  • can anyone explain me what is obon festival
    and how we find lanterns
Sign In to comment.