Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 19th - Oktoberfest! - Discussion

Comments

• lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    Well, game is back, and no refund on the 410 m overspend for mill upgrade. Feels like a kick in the teeth !!
  • Not happy the last maintenance didn't fix the new issues I have since oktober fest started.  When I plant it doesn't keep the last thing I planted every time.....be glad when this event ends.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
  • LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    I've found this helpful if you want to participate in Oktoberfest but aren't concerned about the top rank.

Don't fill the 30 min contracts right away, this will cause you to run out of goods before you can produce them again.  At least for me, it's best to wait until < 5 minutes on the contract to fill it.

My reasoning is that I can then use that other time, to restock on items so I'll be able to continue to fill later contracts, and slowly build up my # of visitors, so when I am unable to fufill a contract to due whatever reason, it will be a minimal impact.

After day 1, I took a new approach, since my visitors reset to 300.  I left them at 300 until I had pre-stocked 20/20 for all of the items.  (Yes, I do have a Candy Farm, very simple, all fields, orchards, and stables are level 1, so there is an advantage there since I can produce everything it requires).
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    I have to say I'm REALLY enjoying this event.  I'm not participating in it at all except for occasionally kicking the sleeping worker.  This is perhaps the most peaceful, stress free event we've had in a long time.  And I'm experiencing NO BUGS!!  That worker wakes up every time I kick him.

• LOL...they look like the lazy good for nothing sleeping cooks we get to kick... so they can give us a corn on the cob, some popcorn or a salad...no wonder they aren't cooking if that's the best they can do !   :p
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    kwk (US1) said:
    I'm kinda enjoying Ofest.  However, can't do missions at same time since all my fields are growing wheat, corn and cabbage.  Good thing I've got plenty of feed for MF and GF stockpiled or they would starve!

Have to say, I kinda agree with you :)

Not trying to be Number One, just playing around a bit.
    Guess maybe it's because I never work out profits on everything to the last half cent but rather take a general overview of farm money - don't mind losing a bit here and there, if I can have some fun in the process.  
    In fact, don't even know if I am losing money right now.  But even if I am, it's not a lot, the farm dollar bank balance is still nicely in the black.

Also don't really care if the contracts cannot all be filled because the way I understand it, I'll have to sit staring at the screen 24/7 if I want catch them all.
    Definitely don't want to do that   lol

So I start all the stalls producing, fill all the contracts I am able at that point, and just return some hours later and harvest, fill again.
    Works like a charm :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I have to say I'm REALLY enjoying this event.  I'm not participating in it at all except for occasionally kicking the sleeping worker.  This is perhaps the most peaceful, stress free event we've had in a long time.  And I'm experiencing NO BUGS!!  That worker wakes up every time I kick him.
    HAHAHAHA!  The lazy old fart gave me some gold yesterday.  Not enough to retire on, but better than two drops of water for $50K worth of fish. :)
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 20.09.2017
    I am not bothering with any of the contracts with visitors, I just do the small tents outside the main arena, and then only if I have spare cabbages/lambs lettuce etc.  I know I will never come top in any of these events so I don't fuss over doing all parts of them. Any of the orders that ask for candy farm products are just ignored, am making money with the orders utilising ordinary farm products only. 
    I am not bothering with any of the contracts with visitors, I just do the small tents outside the main arena, and then only if I have spare cabbages/lambs lettuce etc.  I know I will never come top in any of these events so I don't fuss over doing all parts of them. Any of the orders that ask for candy farm products are just ignored, am making money with the orders utilising ordinary farm products only. 
    Good approach.  I started making a few items on a casual basis with spare products.  I am holding onto them, though, in case I can fill a contract -- will sell off any I can't at the end.
  • because its a farm game, and farms sell their products to markets and restaurants, this new one has more variety rather than doing the same thing every day and a little more challenge wouldnt hurt
    Variety is nice, but in this case, the amount of ingredients called for is obscene, the profits are minuscule, and we're penalized if we don't fill them.  Give me boring old same old that's bug free and profitable any old day.

i agree , just saying if they made it a permenant thing on the main farm, and made it worthwhile where we can benifit from it and get those rare hard to get things it would be great, it would be nice to see a restaurant type setting where we can make different things and maybe a burger joint so we can use pigs cows and chickens
    because its a farm game, and farms sell their products to markets and restaurants, this new one has more variety rather than doing the same thing every day and a little more challenge wouldnt hurt
    Variety is nice, but in this case, the amount of ingredients called for is obscene, the profits are minuscule, and we're penalized if we don't fill them.  Give me boring old same old that's bug free and profitable any old day.

i agree , just saying if they made it a permenant thing on the main farm, and made it worthwhile where we can benifit from it and get those rare hard to get things it would be great, it would be nice to see a restaurant type setting where we can make different things and maybe a burger joint so we can use pigs cows and chickens
    Gotcha.  Although in the past, GGS has declared they'd never kill the animals for food.  Fish is okay to kill, apparently. LOL! :)

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    When do I get my refund for the ridiculous upgrade that I accidentally did yesterday?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    When do I get my refund for the ridiculous upgrade that I accidentally did yesterday?
    @gavinfarms (US1)     Image result for flying pig animation-      ;)
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    I have sent a ticket to support, worth a try, maybe?
    Okay, so I poked lazy bones and won 100 extra people when you "finish this contract."  Doesn't say what "this" contract is.  Clicking on the "okay" button just takes you to the event.  So which contract is it I'm supposed to fill?  If it's any contract, the wording definitely should be changed.

Any clues?
  • kwk (US1) said:
    I'm kinda enjoying Ofest.  However, can't do missions at same time since all my fields are growing wheat, corn and cabbage.  Good thing I've got plenty of feed for MF and GF stockpiled or they would starve!

Have to say, I kinda agree with you :)

Not trying to be Number One, just playing around a bit.
    Guess maybe it's because I never work out profits on everything to the last half cent but rather take a general overview of farm money - don't mind losing a bit here and there, if I can have some fun in the process.  
    In fact, don't even know if I am losing money right now.  But even if I am, it's not a lot, the farm dollar bank balance is still nicely in the black.

Also don't really care if the contracts cannot all be filled because the way I understand it, I'll have to sit staring at the screen 24/7 if I want catch them all.
    Definitely don't want to do that   lol

So I start all the stalls producing, fill all the contracts I am able at that point, and just return some hours later and harvest, fill again.
    Works like a charm :)

I'm playing mine the same way, every 4 or 5 hours, look for sleepers, I empty my OF production, fill what I can (cancel the hogfish contracts), then restock the facs.
    I love the "quick fill" buttons! would like to see them and immediate new contracts (unless you decline) incorporated into regular contracts!
    I'm loving OCTOBERFEST!!!!!!!!!  Thank you GGS!!!!!!

• If you look at the info button on the Oktoberfest products  the ingredient list is totally different from what is really needed.    Cherry juice:  1 cherry 1 water --   in reality  120 cherry and 8 sugar  Pretzel: 1 wheat 2 eggs -- in reality  60 wheat 150 milk and 1 water    Gingerbread: 2 wheat 3 eggs 4 milk  -- in reality  80 wheat  12 honey 30 cocoa 6 sugar
      I would call that quite a difference. 
    My items are currently 20/20 for all the ones that do not require CF or DSF items. They are just sitting there waiting for contracts.  I have only been able to fill TWO contracts since yesterday. Every single contract I get (except for the 2 I filled) calls for items that require CF products.  

I decline each and every one, go back 30 minutes when the "wait" period for new contracts is over and hope to get at least ONE that does not require something made with CF items.  Then I repeat the process.

I must say, this is REALLY fun!   It is a good thing I was patient while GGS put it on the test server to make it more fun.  I am glad we now have a 100% perfect event!  YAY, GO GGS!  You guys rock!
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    My items are currently 20/20 for all the ones that do not require CF or DSF items. They are just sitting there waiting for contracts.  I have only been able to fill TWO contracts since yesterday. Every single contract I get (except for the 2 I filled) calls for items that require CF products.  

I decline each and every one, go back 30 minutes when the "wait" period for new contracts is over and hope to get at least ONE that does not require something made with CF items.  Then I repeat the process.

I must say, this is REALLY fun!   It is a good thing I was patient while GGS put it on the test server to make it more fun.  I am glad we now have a 100% perfect event!  YAY, GO GGS!  You guys rock!

probably they dont get this is sarcastic.

there is very less they understand

probably they dont get this is sarcastic.

there is very less they understand

You are probably right,  they probably read it and now have big smiles on their face and are drinking a beer to celebrate. I just don't understand why they wont listen to the players.  
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    It seems with this Octoberfest the candy farm isn't giving credit for collecting items. I collect alpaca feed this morning (10) & just now (10) & only got credit for 1 collection (10). 
  • I am a wittle farmer.

My level is so low that Candy Farm does not influence me. Cause I don't have one :)

• Grünter (DE1)Grünter (DE1) DE1 Posts: 151
    They are removing some bugs that came with the Oktoberfest update I guess. Today the requirements for the house is not any longer level 130:

And since we missed the building guy they even removed the requirement for the builder.

Thanks for this!
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @DxrxbillingGame (US1)

The information displayed on the info button refers to the ingredients needed by the lowest level range players (level 3 - 29).  Unfortunately it displays the same for all 5 categories (or ranges, if you will) of players in the event.  
    This can be very confusing indeed :(
    They are removing some bugs that came with the Oktoberfest update I guess. Today the requirements for the house is not any longer level 130:

And since we missed the building guy they even removed the requirement for the builder.

Thanks for this!
    The architect is only needed for the last 2 levels of the houses (and most other buildings), so the architect is no longer needed for level 6 upgrade. 
  • Pfft....

The Gods are watching.

I'm staying silent now. I'm soo tired of getting into crap :):):)
    Had they set this up just a bit different it would not have been too bad.  Had they only penalized contracts that are "Declined" it could have worked a lot better.  Considering there is a timer on each contract, the time itself could have been the penalty and lost ingredients that had been added.

So now we have choice, lose workers quickly by declining what we can fill, or let the timer expire to lose workers slower on the contracts we cannot fill. But either way we still lose workers.  Even when we sleep we lose workers because contracts are continually expiring. (It may be limited to 2 sets [8 contracts total])  but I am not certain because I am sleeping.  
  • Well at least they stand a chance   and here I was feeling sorry for them
Sign In to comment.