Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 19th - Oktoberfest! - Discussion

Comments

• Just this morning I have encountered a problem I have not had before...I can not fill any Oktoberfest contracts.  I am getting an error code on all of them that I try to fill.  

I think we need another "Hot Fix" or I won't be dancing in the beer tents long.. :p
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Just this morning I have encountered a problem I have not had before...I can not fill any Oktoberfest contracts.  I am getting an error code on all of them that I try to fill.  

I think we need another "Hot Fix" or I won't be dancing in the beer tents long.. :p

I had this too, just refreshed the game and that seemed to fix it.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 21.09.2017
    I just noticed this........The rankings do not add up........

Someone please tell me if I am missing something......I am using the US server as an example - not to pick on anyone or their coop.

The coop listed as number one is "Bulls Eye Ranch".....by an extraordinarily large margin.  However, as I look through the top players, there is not a single player from that coop.  I have gone through over 25 players and have not found one yet.  This does not add up.
    They probably have us divided into groups.  (I can't find you in my list, either.) Your group might not have any members of the top coop in it. 
  • LuckyViolat (AU1)LuckyViolat (AU1) AU1 Posts: 106
    I have not received the email for the free Oktoberfest space race decoration that others in my co-op has received.

Will I be receiving the email soon or should I send support a message?

Thanks.  :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @Artmaker (GB1) To find a comment you posted, click on your name on the top right, then on your profile page scroll down a bit, and on the list on the right you will see "comments" - click on that and you will see a list of your own most recent posts/comments, and either click on it or read in the description in which thread it is.
    Hope you find where they moved it!
    @Artmaker (GB1)
    You may also want to check your "Drafts"  to make sure you clicked post comment.  There have been a few times I have forgotten to click the post comment button only to find it later in drafts.
    Hey thanks to both of you.  I never really looked there.  
    So… NOT found in anything.  Not moved, not in comments, not in drafts.   (I did notice I got dinged for spam and abuse a few times.  Never knew that or why.  Only once an admin took the time to send me a note and I never repeated what got complained about.)

In any case, this is NOT spam since for what ever reason my post seems to be missing.  So I'll try again.
    This is a bug or glitch AFTER the second (that I know of) hotfix.   
    This glitch made it IMPOSSIBLE to fill ANY contract without bringing up an error.  TWO farms this happened on.  One was fine.   And this is why I've decided to sell of what I made so far, fill what ever contracts I can on the working farm, then bail on this whole event. 
    (Wondering now when contracts keep expiring, but no points or members what ever to take away, do they start gouging the main farm somehow? Better not.)

• jonastra (NL1)jonastra (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11
    I stopped with the October Fest. Two reasons. First of all you make huge losses. Secondly, there's not way to get your visitor number high enough to actually get some good prizes. I have to delete every contract that needs cherry juice, ice cream or gingerbread hearts.
    The thing is, BF makes no difference between deleting the contracts or just letting the time count down. Either way you lose your visitors. On a good day I can fill like, 6 contracts that don't require candy farm products. Then I've got about 450 visitors, but when I delete the others I get back to the same 300 again.

There's just no way to earn all the prizes. The event has started 2 days ago, and I've only won the first two rewards. So I've decided to just ignore the OctFest and actually make profits.
  • I am  with you jonastra (NL1).... it's like what has been said before...one step forward and three steps back.  As soon as you think you have made some headway...boom.. back you go   :/  

I do believe it was designed that way,  in order to participate you need the candy farm with all the bells & whistles and the DSF area also or you will be stuck with the short end of the stick...poking that lazy cook. :#   You see many players are staying clear of both those aspects of the game because of the cost involved....we are danged if we do and danged if we don't.   :|   

This is BF idea of a fun game...how did this happen, really..?    :(
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Thank you very much Rowdy. 
    edited 21.09.2017
    I stopped with the October Fest. Two reasons. First of all you make huge losses. Secondly, there's not way to get your visitor number high enough to actually get some good prizes. I have to delete every contract that needs cherry juice, ice cream or gingerbread hearts.
    The thing is, BF makes no difference between deleting the contracts or just letting the time count down. Either way you lose your visitors. On a good day I can fill like, 6 contracts that don't require candy farm products. Then I've got about 450 visitors, but when I delete the others I get back to the same 300 again.

There's just no way to earn all the prizes. The event has started 2 days ago, and I've only won the first two rewards. So I've decided to just ignore the OctFest and actually make profits.
    I can certainly understand that, jonastra.  I have just started producing a modest bit to make a little money on the contracts I can fill.  Like you, I can't fill any that require CF ingredients.  I am ignoring the points, and just focusing on products that can be sold for a profit. 

Pretzels pose a problem as they require one drop of water which GGS values at thousands of dollars per drop. :)

Could the GGS Numbers Guy weigh in here please?  In the DSF area, according to your rewards, one drop of water can be worth $34,000 and up.  So, using your calculations, one pretzel is worth over $40,000 (if you factor in the variable worth of that water drop plus the cost of the other ingredients), yet sells for $1,510.  'splain that, Lucy
    . :)

I won't be doing a lot of producing because the ingredients required for some of the even basic items take away from supplies needed elsewhere in my regular farming. I may hang in there long enough to snag those lucky coins, but probably will stop my dabbling after that.
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    I am a little upset that I must open candy farm to be able to participate in this event. 3 of 4 contracts is always asking products I cant make, because Im NOT PLAYING in that candy. I dont have time for candy farm..and have no money too. 
    I have changed my mind. Worst event ever in now not that fuku tokents event, but this october fest event

• SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 21.09.2017
    artful (US1) said...Pretzels pose a problem as they require one drop of water which GGS values at thousands of dollars per drop. 

Could the GGS Numbers Guy weigh in here please.  In the DSF area, according to your rewards, one drop of water can be worth $34,000 and up.  So, using your calculations, one pretzel is worth over $40,000 (if you factor in the variable worth of that water drop plus the cost of the other ingredients), yet sells for $1,510.  'splain that, Lucy

I won't be doing a lot of producing because the ingredients for even some of the basic items takes away from supplies needed elsewhere in my regular farming. I may hang in there long enough to snag those lucky coins, but probably will stop my dabbling after that. 

Awesome point Art...it brings to mind the balancing act GGS is talking about and everyone knows everything lately that they are doing is NOT balanced...only balanced in their favor.   After we finally reach that "lucky coin rewards"  ( I too was thinking the same way...hang in there to #8 of hard work reward...600 lucky coins) Then I'll have enough for that Irish chicken coop at a 70% discount...isn't this all so funny...lol...what we do and how we rationalize and justify our moving forward in a forced event in order to play, so in the end we will have gotten something we want. 

Now that's balanced thinking ..wouldn't you say  :D  

...I know I am not speaking for everyone

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 21.09.2017
    Checked my main tent to see what my contracts were like in there - every single one needed candy farm products, so I won't even be getting the first flag as I am not starting to do temp farms just to take part in this event :(
    Post edited by bdreish (GB1) on
    GGS does not care if you have not started the Candy farm or whether or not you have ever opened it. They don't care if you cannot afford to play the CF or not.  They don't care whether you need the build slot for other upgrades on your farms.

They figure if you want to play bad enough you WILL open the candy farm and you WILL spend farm cash that you don't have and you WILL sacrifice that precious build slot for the CF buildings.  (Well actually they hope you will use gold along the way to get caught up). 

They say they delayed the event because they wanted the event to be 100% before release but then said they didn't have time to replace the CF ingredients needed.     Woah, say that again, that certainly does not make sense. Talk about a contradiction.  They can't even stick to their own standards, how could they possibly meet ours.

The test server players told them about the sow last seed bug and also voiced their concerns about the players that don't play the temp farms and several other bugs and problems including the fact that the ingredients on the info button does not match the items or amounts.  All I see that they really did was change the graphics on a cookie so there was no confusion  :o

It all boils down to you not being able to play the way you want to play.   And GGS just doesn't care, they now prove this on a regular, steady basis.

So we have 2 choices, quit playing the game we use to enjoy playing on a regular basis or continue playing old school style and play what we WANT to play and ignore all the minutia.  Just pick you apples and pluck your chickens and have a nice chat with a coop mate. 

I plan on ignoring the minutia, it is just one less deco that I would have Greta break up into tiny little pieces anyway.  

Yeah it upsets me that I am excluded, but I just don't care anymore.  For my own sanity, I just CAN'T care anymore.

PS.  I have to kick Tessa to see if there is a sleepy worker on any of my farms that I need to kick because she is too lazy to put up the exclamation point.  :s

• LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    Anyone else notice that we don't have happy hour bonuses this week?  Or maybe it just doesn't work for me.  I don't recall seeing that information in the patch notes.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Anyone else notice that we don't have happy hour bonuses this week?  Or maybe it just doesn't work for me.  I don't recall seeing that information in the patch notes.
    Happy Hour has been removed until next year.
  • JAX (GB1)JAX (GB1) GB1 Posts: 30
    Has anyone else lost all their milk, cream and sugar in the Oktoberfest tent. I had hundreds of each item and now all of  a sudden all have disappeared to a big fat 0
  • Susan232 (GB1)Susan232 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 42
    JAX (GB1) said:
    Has anyone else lost all their milk, cream and sugar in the Oktoberfest tent. I had hundreds of each item and now all of  a sudden all have disappeared to a big fat 0
    I am experiencing the same problem, but I find if I go over to the CF, the ingredients are all there. When I return to the co-op village again, the products also return, and I can resume making items for Oktoberfest.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    I must be playing the game all wrong!  I don't do no number crunching of any kind for any quest/contract; I just do whatever I can complete with what ingredients/produce or products from any one of the farms available I have; and hope for the best.  If it doesn't work, well, I sell what produce/products/fish I have in inventory; and, then I rebuild the stocks by sending Oleg out fishing to replenish fish inventory along with growing stuff in the fields.  I've shut down my candy farm (which I ran at extreme minimum) so that I don't have to think about it --- the music there was really boring and mind numbing unlike on the island farm where it's really lively with the steel drums etc.  My eyes are still recovering from searching for candy especially in village/coop; many times I felt as if I were going blind; it was no better when hunting mushrooms.  On a totally different note --- it's snowing outside my window; sure would be nice to have island farm going now ... mmmm sun warmth beach soft swishing sound of waves lapping against the shore and of course, a summer-y drink in hand...ahhh the life of riley.
  • JAX (GB1)JAX (GB1) GB1 Posts: 30
    Thanks Susan, thought I was going mad for a moment there. It's probably a little glitch, we should be used to them now. I have done as you suggested and all seems ok for now.
    Thanks again.
  • SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 21.09.2017
    I don't know why we could not have used the sugar from the horses, they look exactly alike...but nooooo, we want it from the candy farm...geez we bought our sugar cubes for our horses from the grocery store, you know they ones we used to put in our coffee, still can but don't.   :*   Sugar is sugar ~  And don't get me started about milk either...what's wrong with cows milk for Ice cream orders !!!

This is putting a sour taste in my mouth about the candy farm & Oktoberfest

...stay tuned...the plot thickens  :#  ..I think that takes flour...hehe
  • Susan232 (GB1)Susan232 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 42
    I don't know why we could not have used the sugar from the horses, they look exactly alike...but nooooo, we want it from the candy farm...geez we bought our sugar cubes for our horses from the grocery store, you know they ones we used to put in our coffee, still can but don't.   :*   Sugar is sugar ~  And don't get me started about milk either...what's wrong with cows milk for Ice cream orders !!!

This is putting a sour taste in my mouth about the candy farm & Oktoberfest

...stay tuned...the plot thickens  :#  ..I think that takes flour...hehe
    ...and cherries too!

• Glad you folks can even play it to make an opinion. This is the only thing I get and the contract timer is perpetually at 56%. 
  • I haven't been able to fill any contracts all day.  Leaving and coming back doesn't seem to work.
    I haven't been able to fill any contracts all day.  Leaving and coming back doesn't seem to work.
    Mine have been stuck at zero for a long time -- sometimes logging in and out helps, sometimes it doesn't.
  • I just logged out and logged back in.  That seemed to work.  Thank you!
    I just logged out and logged back in.  That seemed to work.  Thank you!
    You're very welcome!
    edited 21.09.2017
    Am I reading this correctly? One fish stew if I spend 50,000 gold?

edited 21.09.2017
    Am I reading this correctly? One fish stew if I spend 30,000 gold?

No, there is actually more to it.  Click the info button, It is 10 of each item. Edited:  Actually I should have said 10 of 5 different items. 
    Am I reading this correctly? One fish stew if I spend 30,000 gold?

No, there is actually more to it.  Click the info button, It is 10 of each item. Edited:  Actually I should have said 10 of 5 different items. 
    Well, they should have said so up front - LOL! Very misleading.  Of course, I don't have 50,000 gold to spend, but if someone saw this, they may back off from buying any gold.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    you need to buy gold to get it I believe, not spend it.
Sign In to comment.