Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 19th - Oktoberfest! - Discussion

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Instead of the usual +5% bonus, Oktoberfest contracts have a hidden +400% bonus.  Each visitor awarded by a contract costs $68.
    What?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Instead of the usual +5% bonus, Oktoberfest contracts have a hidden +400% bonus.  Each visitor awarded by a contract costs $68.
    Please explain this better.......I am curious.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Octoberfest implementation doesn't use the sentence 'used to player's favor', but instead 'regardless of player's favor'
    Oh you are referring to filling the contracts vs the sale price.  Items do pay more when adding them to contracts and it is approx 400% for the ones I have calculated so far.
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    Normal contracts have a hidden +5% bonus.  That is to say, if a contract requires $1000 worth of goods, the contract will list a total of $1050 as its reward.

Oktoberfest contracts have a hidden +400% bonus.  If a contract requires $1000 worth of goods, the contract will list a total of $5000 as its reward.

Furthermore, visitors are considered part of the reward of a contract.  Each visitor is considered to be worth $68.  So if a contract that has a total of $5,000 as its reward, it may instead award $4932 and 1 visitor, or $4,864 and 2 visitors, etc.

I do not know (nor have any interest in finding out) how the # of visitors a contract awards is determined.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    This is what it feels like playing this new event….  Going nowhere fast.

However, kicking the sleeping worker is fun.
    Normal contracts have a hidden +5% bonus.  That is to say, if a contract requires $1000 worth of goods, the contract will list a total of $1050 as its reward.

Oktoberfest contracts have a hidden +400% bonus.  If a contract requires $1000 worth of goods, the contract will list a total of $5000 as its reward.

Furthermore, visitors are considered part of the reward of a contract.  Each visitor is considered to be worth $68.  So if a contract that has a total of $5,000 as its reward, it may instead award $4932 and 1 visitor, or $4,864 and 2 visitors, etc.

I do not know (nor have any interest in finding out) how the # of visitors a contract awards is determined.
    I understand completely.  I normally work out all the details, however, I have absolutely no interest in this event.  Almost every single contract is calling for CF items, if I flush them or let them expire I loose points earned per contract, so why bother. For every one contract I complete I would probably have to decline 3.  I would not have cared if we had to wait until November for Oktoberfest, as long as it was fun and not a stressful event with products that I cannot even provide. They themselves said they did not feel it was fun enough, yet they did not bother to even listen to the players that tested it,  what was the point of that, to see if we all hated it enough to release it???  seems common place now. 
    This is what it feels like playing this new event….  Going nowhere fast.

However, kicking the sleeping worker is fun.
    I agree.  One step forward, three steps back.  I feel this is the most unfair event ever.  CF items and DS fish.  Not ALL players even have the dockyard yet and not ALL players even want to play the candy farm. 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Possible Bug:

Since I upgraded the Windmill, I have run it four times, and none of those times did it give me alien footprints, as it always should.  

YES, this is a bug........it keeps happening......no event collection from new level of Windmill.
    Easy to understand translation of the Oktoberfest Official Announcement:
    Hi Everyone,
    The update will start shortly - The Oktoberfest event will begin as soon as the update is done & will end at the same time as the Candy Farm.  Get ready for a lot more bugs we are about to release Oktoberfest.
    Sorry about the delay folks! We collected your feedback and have put some changes in place to the event. While there was not enough time to implement all of your suggestions and feedback we would like to present the improvements to this event:  Sorry about the delay, we wanted to make sure you would not make much in the way of profits and that we could make sure the event was difficult enough to increase gold sales. 

It is now easier to see production times on all the Oktoberfest stalls! Placing your mouse over the main Oktoberfest building will show the remaining production time on all your stands It was REALLY important to show timers for all your stalls all at once by mousing over the OF building, more important than replacing candy farm items.

The help text was altered to more accurately reflect the event and clear up some confusion in terms We usually like to keep you guessing but what the heck, we are in a good mood so we will explain this event a little bit.

The ‘Original gingerbread hearts’ item, exclusive to Oktoberfest and different to candy farm gingerbread, was altered to make it more visually different and unique for this event  You certainly would not want to give your CF gingerbread hearts to the Oktoberfest, even though this is not possible, so we made them slightly different in appearance. 

Oktoberfest contracts were re-balanced to provide better rewards and require less products  Not that it makes a difference if you need items from the candy farm and have not started the candy farm but we lowered the amount of the items that you wont have anyway.
    Activity rewards were also reworked a little  We reworked the activity rewards just a little, we wouldn't want you to think we are generous in any way and we wouldn't want you to feel you are actually getting something worthwhile for all your hard work.

The Sleeping Worker will still appear on any of your three main farms but now Tessa will lead you directly to the farm they are on, meaning you only have to search one of the three when you have a sleeping worker. We decided that we will help you find the sleeping worker, by letting Tessa take you to the farm the worker is on, it's the least we could do. 

A booster will be provided to all players for the duration of Oktoberfest which will give a production output boost to elderberries, figs, passion fruit, and apricots from the greenhouse to give your Candy Farm fruit production a boost during the event (an idea to implement a ‘Candy Farm item store’ was unfortunately not possible as Candy Farm items can only be stored by players who have opened the farm and there was sadly not enough time to rebalance or remove these products from the event)  We are giving you a boost on CF greenhouse fruits that you do not need for the event dishes by adding a useless booster,  see we do care.  We didn't have time to rebalance and remove items half the players will not have because we really needed to get this event out to fill our gold quota before the end of the month, we wanted to make a Candy farm item store to make even more Gold but it wasn't possible because half the players didn't bother to start the candy farm, so we will have to push gold sales with boosters instead and with the sale of items through expensive Item pack popups. 

Keep an eye out for Best Seller offers we have added, providing you with the fish you need for Oktoberfest products if you do not wish to catch the fish  Don't worry if you do not have the Dockyard yet or if you do not have the needed fish in stock, we will sell them to you at a fantastically high price, we will be selling them for DOUBLE of what you were able to sell them for before we removed your sell buttons.    

Best of luck in the event, you will certainly need it, especially if you have not started your Candy Farm or if you do not have the Dockyard. 

• sjanni (SKN1)sjanni (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 20
    thanks BF, for making an event again, only for players in very high levels. I wil not do this event, i cant afford the candyfarm, and will not be forsed to open this farm, to play this event. And thanks for making the levels on upgrading houses 30 levels higher to use steve. im not a happy player pt, sorry
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    In my level range, it only force to play candy farm. PAINFUL? Yes. INTERESTING? I don't think so. MOST WORST UPDATE EVER? I can't judge that. I can only say 'take it or leave it'
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 20.09.2017
    *german muttering* No beer, no sausages? What is this?  Im sorry ladies and gentlemen, but this event has nothing to do with oktoberfest. A barrel for a sleepy worker... seriously? Just dressing up Tessa ain't enough to call this event oktoberfest. And ggs headquarters are in GERMANY. Kinda ridiculous how way-off this event is considering that...?  My parents are German. If you are unwilling to change this event, I demand the event be re-named. *mad german muttering*

Edit: And about the new building stages - the changing graphics have always been one of the major enjoyment for me in this game. To just add another stage without changing ANYTHING in the graphics, not even a single leave, is not only utterly lazy but also quite disappointing. Also no new horizons for months. Just what are the ggs graphic designers doing these days?
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    hey you know what funny thing i found today is cost of upgrading

when we were selling fishes then i save only 300cr  ( played more than  1 month ) and today i was seeing windmill last level needed 50cr now , so who are showing madness and ggs saying dsp price will effect their upcoming events  :/ , this is you mean ggs ?

didnt checked price for composter , farmhouse  etc .
  • What's the use of upgrading the windmill for 500 million? It takes me more than 10 years to get a profit for that upgrade. 
    If I upgrade a house to a level 8 it will cost me 25 million. I have to upgrade 8 houses to get rid of 1 house. So it costs 200 million to get a free 5x5 space. How do I use the 5x5 space to get my investment back? 
    If you players on this forum see any profit in these upgrades please tell me. 

• CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    I think this is the interesting event because this one never have in my country...
    But.... I'm feel not interesting when it has a time limit for every contract and need to decrease my people.. :'(
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    as im not doing the candy farm (seeing as there was no heads up we'd need products from it), has to go down as worst event ever personally, cant even take part apart from one contract out of 20 or more, continuous hitting of the decline button isnt the most exhilarating gaming experience ive ever had
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    The last seed sowed button does not work anymore on the gourmetfarm

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    If "Complete contract" button is enable, there is no organic market splash page.
    I do not understand what you are saying....how can we prevent this screen popping up?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

BUG REPORT
    (?):

In the Oktoberfest Event the required ingredients in the menu of a market stall do not match what is in the product information tab of that same market stall. F.i. the menu tells me I need 11 bass, 15 bonitos + 1 drop of water to make fish stew, but the product information tab of the stall tells me I only need 1 bass.
    It's the same with all the stalls.
    No biggie, doesn't really affect the game a lot, but little bit annoying/confusing (coz when the stall is busy, the product info tab is the only thing where one can look for the necessary ingredients for the next round)
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    And if the info tabs were still correct, it would seem we would not need the temp farm products at all !!!
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    The quantities and types of products we need and the huge losses are just ridiculous another total mess GGS.
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    I have to agree with everyone, I was looking forward to something new but i'm afraid it was a big disappointment
  • speedydust (INT1)speedydust (INT1) INT1 Posts: 83
    so u cant play Oktoberfest without playing Candy farm? This is the worst event ever i almost deleted game from my comp.
  • Windmill will now cost 90mln? WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO UPGRADED THIS WITH 500MLN?
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    Contracts run out before you can produce the goods they are asking for - does anyone at GGS know how to tell the time?  Obviously not.  You penalize us for not fulfilling a contract but we can't do that unless we use GOLD.  It costs a fortune in produce, the other farms will suffer and then they can't even be fair about it. 
  • I agree with
    Windmill will now cost 90mln? WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO UPGRADED THIS WITH 500MLN?
    do we get a refund.my mill is upgrading now.
  • The requirements for the buildings went buggy!!

I have already two of these houses:

But now the requirements are changed :(

What is going on with this stupid patch???? 

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

dchen1 (US1) 
    I have this problem. It wants to 130 xp for level 6 house. And 125 xp for level 7 house. Isn't rediculous? And I noticing now. it don't wants to architect for level 6 simple house just 130 xp or 1 million gold.  I hope they will fix it with new upgrade
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    send architect now , we can utilise now 
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    I'm kinda enjoying Ofest.  However, can't do missions at same time since all my fields are growing wheat, corn and cabbage.  Good thing I've got plenty of feed for MF and GF stockpiled or they would starve!

BTW - declining all contracts that require hogfish.  Need that for Mermaid Bay.  Those three recipes are high earners in both dollars and FXP.

I like how this market pops a new contract immediately when a contract is filled. The only time you have to wait for new contract is when you decline a contract.  It would be great to see this feature in regular Organic Market and in Deep Sea Market.

Not many in my coop are able and/or willing to participate, but I'm enjoying it.  I guess I'll have to put it on hold during CC this weekend, though...

Final thought, the amount of eggs, milk, alpaca milk and cream are tough to handle.  I won't be able to produce any candies for candy palace that require cocoa, alpaca milk or cream in order to produce what's required for Ofest.
Sign In to comment.