Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 19th - Oktoberfest! - Discussion

Comments

• Grünter (DE1)Grünter (DE1) DE1 Posts: 151
    The requirements for the buildings went buggy!!

I have already two of these houses:

But now the requirements are changed :(

What is going on with this stupid patch???? 

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

• Daisy May (GB1)Daisy May (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11
    Morale is at rock bottom in our coop.  Don't think this event is going to help with that one little bit.  Worse still is the amount of dollars needed for the new upgrades.  This game is going from bad to worse, might as well quit now as it's not achievable without spending vast amounts of money which I am not prepared to do.  It's a shame as I used to enjoy this game.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well… since I didn't even know it was ON the test server until it was just about too late.  I got to start production on a few things and that's it.

So now it's live.  Again, without enough testing first.  Why GG is always in such a race to launch stuff is beyond all logic.  (Good thing I don't have a  horse on the village, I see that's a glitch.  Ignoring the whole village thing since it's profitless.)

Anyway, the newness factor is cool.  Lots to do, fairly easy to figure out too.  However, filling contracts, especially right out of the gate is proving very difficult.  And it's costing my main farm.

Now… I have filled a few contracts.  For a very brief nano second some icons flip around when I do, not there long enough to know what the heck it means.  Then I can see number of guests and so on.
    But again, where is the PROFIT?   Are we actually selling goods when we fill a contract?   It happens so fast and I've filled so few I can't yet tell.

I read earlier that the candy heart would be changed (graphic only) so it doesn't appear to be the same as the candy farm.

BUT!!!!!!  This whole thing still requires CANDY FARM items.  Sugar, cocoa… as far as I can tell.

By chance this time around I decided to play the candy farm.  Been ignoring all those temp farms since they are such money pits and I can NEVER get close to finishing one.
    But trying to send off the ship without making it sit there, I need the seeds.  So fine.  I built up some farm cash, I can do this.   All out doing it.  All three farms.   Even ignoring the architect (who ALWAYS seems to show up right when a temp farm is going.)  And now my precious sugar and cocoa has to go to this?
    I better see some profit or reward soon or this will join the growing list of junk I ignore.   Looks so cool too.  Your graphic artists are very talented.  But this is a game.  There needs to be goals AND rewards, or what's the point?

ya know, the newness of this will wear thin real fast.  And anyone who isn't playing the candy farm may as well just stay away.   Too many items you can't make without candy farm supplies.

So… my feedback may be late only because there is no IN GAME note that the test server is testing something. Gees how hard can that be to do?

• Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    they trying to make this game as slow as possible.  :| 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

This may not be a bug.  They just did an update for higher levels for the houses.  They may have changed the requirements to space it out. Which I think is not the proper way to do things.  It is not good to revert milestones.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

It's not broken, they just added another level to everything.  The bad news is that those of us who used Steve to get to level 6 now find they have wasted him, and will have to use him even more times to level up the same house.  The good news, we'll get more workers without sacrificing additional space.
    edited 19.09.2017
    As I said.. I have already two of them and when I chose one of the level 6 houses I see that level 7 requirements are BELOW level 6. 

Even the jump from house 5 (req = lvl45) to house 6 (req=130) is strange. If I then see the windmill an other user posted some sites before I personally think this must be a bug.

If this is no bug THEY SHOULD HAVE INFORMED US! :(
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    As I said.. I have already two of them and when I chose one of the level 6 houses I see that level 7 requirements are BELOW level 6. 

Even the jump from house 5 (req = lvl45) to house 6 (req=130) is strange. If I then see the windmill an other user posted some sites before I personally think this must be a bug.

If this is no bug THEY SHOULD HAVE INFORMED US! :(
    this are just the logical figures of the calculation guy
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I think I will just go spend my day outside gardening or something.  This is just all too much.
    edited 19.09.2017
    Either these are logical figures or they prepare to give us the deep sea back? (just an assumption) Preparing by raising the prices? You have the same logical figures as I put in the annex?

• fish market, simple market, october fest market.. why you want so bad these markets to happen.I hate markets. I HATE
    because its a farm game, and farms sell their products to markets and restaurants, this new one has more variety rather than doing the same thing every day and a little more challenge wouldnt hurt
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Every time I go to the village and come back and try to open inventory, the organic market splash page shows up, you have to click the X to see inventory.

It also pops up when you click the farmmanagement button....very annoying
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The more I use this event, the more it stuns me.  The input was there from the test server.  Did they not read the comments?  This event is so out of reach of the small to mid size farmer.  It is just crazy.  I understand that real-world Oktoberfest is happening now (I have been to it...in Germany).  But this is a virtual world, and they should have waited to start virtual Oktoberfest until it was better.  

The ingredients required are still too great, and the rewards are still way, way too weak.  The requirements for milk and cream are insane.  A proper run-through of the Candy Farm requires all of the milk and cream that you can get your hands on.  You cannot afford to waste it on this.

Do not expect to see me rank too high on this event.
    Gees, as expected… I'm reading about more bugs and glitches than ever.

SO we get another level of buildings???? COOL!   WHERE ARE THE NEW GRAPHICS TO GO WITH IT?
    A lvl 7 house looks identical to a lvl 8?    Half the fun of this is seeing the newer, better buildings.
    Please don't cheap out on the graphics.

Every time I go to the village and come back and try to open inventory, the organic market splash page shows up, you have to click the X to see inventory.

It also pops up when you click the farmmanagement button....very annoying
    And yea, THIS IS ANNOYING!!! 

Lastly I did finally spot how much we make from contracts in this new octoberfest thing.
    PITIFUL!    Will they get better in time?  
    I'd like to give this whole new thing a fair chance but gees.  I keep running out of supplies and meanwhile feeding my main farm is getting tough when I have to keep giving away corn, cabbage, milk…. 
    Only into the first day and it's already getting old fast. 

Oh but I have a new flag.    Big deal.
  • Dimeptr (INT1)Dimeptr (INT1) INT1 Posts: 8
    Oktoberfest without beer, how sad  :(
    lol… not to mention all the sausages.   Lets do something with all our piggies besides sell them off huh?
    Brats,  knockwurst, Weisswurst, Thuringian, Bierwurst,  
    Aw now I'm hungry.
  • Artmaker (GB1)....said...Oh but I have a new flag.    Big deal.

You could use the flag to surrender...  :D
  • Sleeping worker?  No idea what I am looking for ....please any help on this one.
  • Finally see one outside the farm....not happy about this event.

because its a farm game, and farms sell their products to markets and restaurants, this new one has more variety rather than doing the same thing every day and a little more challenge wouldnt hurt
    Variety is nice, but in this case, the amount of ingredients called for is obscene, the profits are minuscule, and we're penalized if we don't fill them.  Give me boring old same old that's bug free and profitable any old day.

• TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    Shock-toberfest....

With today's update, all I can say is  "why bother" ?
    Upgrades at 500 million farm dollars
    and deco event that utilizes farms some have NOT even built.

Not a happy day down on the farm ! 

Finally see one outside the farm....not happy about this event.

That's the only thing I'm doing.  Selling off whatever he gives me, or pocketing the gold. Was looking forward to this.   Not happy, either. 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    no test even attempted on test server! all locked up and greed has once again arose from ggs! takes way too much too fill orders again for contracts! barns and warehouse to low! need levell 1000! then get some more complaints!
    The test server did go up but why did the test results not go into making changes for the event?
  • Be happy if they decided to end the event soon.  
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 19.09.2017
    I am not participating at all this is the worst event I have seen since I began playing  not fun what so ever  don't need the headache and stress. Another epic FAIL on so many levels  for newer farmers feel bad for, for those who don't want to open temp farms, the loss of products and value.  The new levels for windmill and house MF  ridiculous  wont be doing any of them unless they bring back DSF with cash sell close to what they took away.  :'( 

edited 19.09.2017

Level 45 to 130 for 1 upgrade giving 5 workers?!
    Why is there such a big increase in level requirement for one level?

They even typed different numbers for the same level requirement.  
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165

Recipes that require temporary farm's products? Points deduction? Contracts asking for items I have no time to produce unless I spend gold? Seriously?

No, thanks.

Oktoberfest without beer, how sad  :(

Have you seen those insane prices for upgrading buildings? I think Steve drank all the beer.

Well… I'm going to play this one out, ONE round.   I can pretty much say after this time, it goes to the don't bother pile.    Also I need to let my coops know not to start anything for awhile.   My pigs will be starving since I'm using all their cabbage to keep this thing going.
    TRYING to upgrade my cocoa and almonds so I can at least get something out of the candy farm.  Impossible for me to even reach level two with that.  Now with this event using up CANDY FARM stuff, there really will be no way.

But one round.  If this comes back next year,  forget it.  I'll go have some real beer and real brats and stay off this thing.  
    They did a very good job designing the interface and animations, same with some previous updates, but did not know that proper functioning and reasonable balancing are more important than appearance.  
    edited 19.09.2017
    I found that when clicking on the blue info button, it shows drastically reduced ingredients cost and no candy farm items.  Is this supposed to be the final plan, but forgot to change the functional part of the buildings?

No olive oil.                               No Alpaca milk and cream, 
    It says 2 corn for corn on the cob, but it actually requires 10.  

Why hogfish instead of bonito?  

Sign In to comment.