Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @KarenKay (US1)
    Thank you very much for your very detailed response. Very helpful information.

I have not started any contracts in the Fish Market, just prefer to be well informed if I do decide to tinker with it.

I just upgraded my Mermaid Bay to level 7 a couple days ago when Steve was here.  So for now I will just make the Rare Fillets. They do yield a decent profit.  The nice thing is that it only requires 6 swordfish, 6 Salmon, and 6 Cod which I am able to send an empty level 2 Trawler out and bring that many back and it costs me nothing.  There is a pretty steep production cost but it is worth it. The Rare fillet yields the highest profits in the Mermaid Bay.  It gives 841,411 every 8 hours.  It is a bit less than honey cream profits which is 974,458 every 7 hours but it is better than water drops  and Karma balls and actually pays out more than the original prices of the deepsea fish. 
    Shhhhh someone will hear you.   ;)
    ACK!  I forgot. :X 
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Just got this contract...  :o

The other one... I still struggle about shellfish. They order many and I can only caught few, such ironic  :(
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) said:
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but here goes.

The reward is not that important right now. The important thing you want to look at is can you fill the order. Sure it will be nice to get a decant reward, but what are you gonna do with those fish now anyway. I try not to pay much attention to the rewards right now and concentrate on getting my contract values up. Even if I only get 1 water I'll be happy just to fill that contract and move on. The big rewards will come in the end when your values are 99, then you can pick and chose without any penalties.
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) The last sentence is not correct. You will drop value when declining orders even from bonus level 99. It seems like there is a buffer which remembers how many contracts you filled after you reached 99 and then counts backward as you decline. Once the buffer is empty, the 99 bonus starts dropping again.

As a sidenote, I do exact oposite, major on profits and simplicity of operation. So don't bother with leveling up and decline every order which doesn't look attractive. There might be more profitable way though, but I can't be bothered to do all the extensive math and case studies with just temporary setup of DSF.
  • REALLY !! Hard worker event fishing. I need Clams now then herring, then cod and I have 6 (SIX) LOBSTER pools!!!!!!!!!! Its getting hard to keep wanting to do this!!
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

As far as initially getting up to 6 contracts, I'm pretty certain that's a function only of how many contracts you've completed in total.  Once you've completed X-number of contracts, you get your next 2 slots.  So you'd be far better off filling and sending the contracts you can right now and flushing the rest so you get more (possibly) fillable contracts more quickly.  I was up to 6 contracts in about 2 days doing it that way.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Thank you @jess_d (US1)
    I wasn't sure. I started the regular market such a long time ago I don't remember how that all worked exactly.  So I was trying to figure out if it made a difference and if holding all the contracts until they were all completed before sending them off was a better choice.  I haven't actually filled any contracts yet but I figured it would be good to know ahead of time if I do decide to bother with the fish market.  Thanks for understanding my question and responding.
    Yea, it has been a while for me too. I haven't been filling the fish contracts so I'm not sure if they're the same or not. I remember filling tons of contracts one at a time for the OM without moving up but was only able to open more slots after sending all the completed ones at the same time. Things may have changed since then because that was when the OM was first introduced lol. I've decided to ignore the fishing part for now until other changes are made. Since I've played so long without it already, I'm not really missing anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sure you will find a strategy that works well for you. :) 
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

The reward is not that important right now. The important thing you want to look at is can you fill the order. Sure it will be nice to get a decant reward, but what are you gonna do with those fish now anyway. I try not to pay much attention to the rewards right now and concentrate on getting my contract values up. Even if I only get 1 water I'll be happy just to fill that contract and move on. The big rewards will come in the end when your values are 99, then you can pick and chose without any penalties.
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) The last sentence is not correct. You will drop value when declining orders even from bonus level 99. It seems like there is a buffer which remembers how many contracts you filled after you reached 99 and then counts backward as you decline. Once the buffer is empty, the 99 bonus starts dropping again.

As a sidenote, I do exact oposite, major on profits and simplicity of operation. So don't bother with leveling up and decline every order which doesn't look attractive. There might be more profitable way though, but I can't be bothered to do all the extensive math and case studies with just temporary setup of DSF.
    Are your contracts at value 99 @Kamilcom (GB1) and still going down when you decline? Please tell me this is not so @WascallyWabbit. Could you please check into this.

There has to be an end to the madness. The only thing that has kept me going is knowing that once I reach a value of 99 then it's safe to decline with no penalty. We need a goal to work for and if there isn't than I see no reason to continue.
    edited 13.09.2017

Are your contracts at value 99 @Kamilcom (GB1) and still going down when you decline? Please tell me this is not so @WascallyWabbit. Could you please check into this.

There has to be an end to the madness. The only thing that has kept me going is knowing that once I reach a value of 99 then it's safe to decline with no penalty. We need a goal to work for and if there isn't than I see no reason to continue.

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) I am assuming the mechanism is the same as on OM, and there it works this way. You will never notice once you've reached 99 as long as you accept more orders of the same type then you decline, but I'm obviously quite picky as I did a lot of math and modeling on OM and lot of the stuff actually lead either to direct loss or at least reduced gain, so I pick and chose a lot based on criteria I formulated after analysing the market behaviour and all related issues. Again, just assuming FM will be the same in this aspect as OM. And yes, on OM my contracts are at 99, unless I've recently declined too many :)

EDIT to add: Btw this expected behaviour is one of the reasons why I don't bother with raising bonus value now as the same crap can be expected all the way to the top. With OM I started with 1 and 2 item orders declining all the others until 1 and 2 were near 99, than started to work on 3 item contracts and so on. This helped me to maintain proftability of the OM through the whole operation without incuring loss in hope of future gain. Occasional very short term loss was inevitable but easy to keep under control with this scheme. FM on the other hand is a total crap on any order type, but especially on one and two item contracts, so would be foolish to follow the same route at the current state of issues. One of the most decisive differences between OM and FM is, that OM has majority of orders with just dollars without "bonus" reduction. FM has no dollar only contracts, which makes it even trickier when it comes to leveling the bonus up while maintaining profitability. Maybe even impossible at this stage, but as I said, I haven't done all the maths, just the basics to keep me going without recalculating every step I do on DSF.
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 13.09.2017
    EDIT: forgive this action, its a bit extreme But I am withdrawing the post completely, I spend enough time on the game and really do mind using even more on forum I mean no offense to anyone, just trying to save my time for something more useful
    Post edited by PCA (GB1) on
    edited 13.09.2017

Sorry @PCA (GB1) , I don't mean to contradict your message as you are making a very good point. But DSF + FM can be operated with profit, in my specfic case several milions net profit a day. It just cannot be operated (equipped) as in original version. Players analysed the market so we now know the sell price of all types of fish and most of the "bonus" items. That, together with other known prices enabled to analyse the whole situation and see where and how we can make profit. We are not dumb players. GGS hide, inteligent core of the comunity discoveres. That doesn't make GGS right and that doesn't mean I like the current version of DSF. Just saying that profit is still there.

Post edited to remove the quote from PCA, since she wanted to withdraw her post. The rest of this post is intact.  Rowdy
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 13.09.2017
    withdrawing the post, pls see above
    edited 13.09.2017
    @PCA (GB1) You didn't need to scrap your posts. It was a decent summary of how GG made the whole DSF lame. Wouldn't have cost you any more time if you just left it there as it could have been usefull to others. I was just typing my response when you disapeared. Guess no point to continue now. :) But I do understand the regret of vasting too much time on this lame project. Sorry again. Didn't mean to make you feel bad about your post. It was good. :) On top of that, you could have learned how to make several milion dollars net profit daily from it too, probably even more as you are more diligent player then I am. :)
    GGS thinks they are pretty slick.  They add the lowest profit fish to the majority of the fish contracts, then they fill it water and other trinkets to reduce any real profits. To top it all off they reduce the amount of fish in each pool and also decrease the spawning of those pools.  Furthermore, they don't bother to reduce the cost of the fishing equipment.  Decline the contract and suffer a 2 step back penalty.  However, we are not given any choice if we want to try and recoop any of the losses we incurred from building up the dockyard and a fleet of boats or to get rid of the fish in inventory.   I have to say, the more I research this DSF stuff and the more I run the numbers the more disappointed I become.  I think I will steer clear of the fish market until GGS makes some major changes. It is just not worth the time or frustration with the lack of pools. 
  • brian69 (SKN1)brian69 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 36
    how is it possile to fullfill the contracts in the fishmarket, when there are no fishspots with clams,oisters, come on and give us something to work with, my moneytank is running low
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I agree with you, Brian69, I have all my contracts that want clams and yes, you guessed it....No clam/oyster/shrimp pools....I had none of the pools for many many days (maybe a week or more), then I only had one pool of them just before the Fishing HWE....and once that was emptied, no more of the clam pools.
  • Teejay52 (INT1)Teejay52 (INT1) Posts: 203
    edited 14.09.2017
    I tried a little experiment today.

Decided to test the DSF market with almost 1K gold I won from GGS through hard work getting GML's.

So......lets see...its 60 gold to fast forward a contract every time cause the order cannot be completed. I fast forwarded 16 times......guess what?

EVERY SINGLE CONTRACT was asking for clams which I was from 3 to maybe 80 short.......

GGS:

Don't mess with your players. We are on to your gold extracting ways from gullible players.
    Play nice GGS.

That is all.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Teejay52 (INT1)

o 

Nooooooooo !
    Why would you throw your gold in the sea like that ?
    If you wait 30 minutes, you get a new contract for free.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Is there any chance that GGS will give me clam pools...enough for me to get at least 646 clams?  :p
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    It's interesting irony that the most valuable fish now are oysters and clams, and the least valuable fish are lobsters and swordfish.
    It's interesting irony that the most valuable fish now are oysters and clams, and the least valuable fish are lobsters and swordfish.
    I think that is based on the perception of "value".  Swordfish are still the most valuable fish in terms of profit.  Oysters and clams are just the most rarest and most needed which I guess can be perceived as most valuable :)

I feel the contracts should be a bit more balanced.  They constantly ask for clams and oysters, yet these pools have very few fish and do not spawn often enough.   It also asks for Tuna chum quite often which takes quite awhile to make.  GGS is really trying hard to make sure we cannot make cash quickly. 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    I think that is based on the perception of "value".  Swordfish are still the most valuable fish in terms of profit.  Oysters and clams are just the most rarest and most needed which I guess can be perceived as most valuable :)

I feel the contracts should be a bit more balanced.  They constantly ask for clams and oysters, yet these pools have very few fish and do not spawn often enough.   It also asks for Tuna chum quite often which takes quite awhile to make.  GGS is really trying hard to make sure we cannot make cash quickly. 

Shay:

Maybe try what all players did/do who just moved on:

- do NOT decline all your contracts (however "bad" they appear to be) coz if you don't decline them - you'll get better contracts 'on the go' ánd you will get a good alteration of a variety of (also the so-favored) fishspots. As from the start of this new DSF version I never declined any contracts and I've got and still get all the fish that I want/need in fine alternating fishspots - never run short of any kind of fish. And thus had no big problems getting my 2 GML in these last 2 FHW's.

I see players posting in this thread how they "keep flushing" the contracts they don't like ... and herewith apparently abetting/influencing others to do the same ... but IMHO + experience this only works counterproductive. 

Now - after 4 weeks of 2nd version DSF, I may only decline 1 or 2 contracts every other week, in fact doing exactly as I do with the Organic Market contracts, coz it works exactly the same - (apart from maybe a direct-sell-button, but if we had (or will get) one the amount we would get for selling our DSfish directly would be much, múch lower than it ever was in the 1st version of DSF, IMHO).

So - I guess it all comes down to a choice: keep on going on and on about what "wrong" fishspots you get and what "bad" contracts you get ~ OR ~ try and play the game in it's new version, figure out your strategy and get the best out of it ;)

It's just a Tip/suggestion! Good luck & happy farming!  :)
    Is anybody who completes all orders actually keeping records of costs and income flow to confirm if you operate in profit or loss and how much of it?

It's not JUST running the market which matters, but running it with a decent profit. Running the market at a loss, subsidized by farm dollars, makes little sense unless you are desperate to get all those trinkets at all costs. Is that what completing every contract leads to in most cases? Sure exception would be if you only (or predominantly) send empty boats. Then the only costs incured would be cost of producing chum and market would be operated in profit without the need to decline anything. That would be painfully slow progress I guess. Anybody is doing it this way and can share their experience?

I decline all bad contracts in order to make constant profit, and I make several milions net profit a day. I use traditional book keeping system with daily costs on one side and daily income on the other side, the difference gives me net profit regardless of what is frozen in dead stock. Humble estimate is about 3 to 5 mil a day net from casual playing with no gold speed ups. To get more precise numbers I'd have to keep an exact record of costs and contracts completed over a number of days and then get average. Might do it one day. Anyone is operating with significantly higher net profit? If so, can you share how? (Whisper me if you think it's something GGS shouldn't hear ........... lol ) :)
  • Which update increased the travel times for Deep Sea Fishing?
  • Which update increased the travel times for Deep Sea Fishing?
    @William Robert (US1) The times were increased on the Aug 16th update & decreased again on the Aug 25th hotfix.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 16.09.2017
    The developers dont understand the actual value of each reward and the meaning of "in addition to", not "instead of".  

Item           Current value    Reasonable value 
    Karma         25000                500                
    Use:  3 -> small lucky charm, +15% harvest for someone else; 10-> big lucky charm, +25% harvest for someone else.  Cannot be used on your own buildings, the shop, Oleg, deep sea fishing, gold mine or bakery.  

Water          187500              20                                                           
    Use: 50 is needed for special seeds(if you dont spend gold).  Special seeds have increased harvest per hour and have different growing times than regular crops.  

Rose seeds 382500              3000
    Use: Can be planted in fields to collect around 5000 dollars worth of roses and extra event items.  

Fishing xp   10                       1 or less
    Use: Used for increasing fishing level, Lobster chum already makes more than 100000 per day.  

The purpose of this post is to let people understand the actual value in these items and understand why making the rewards "In addition to money", not with the money and definitely not "instead of money" or an unusually high amount taken away.  
  • Lets face it.....GGS screwed up BADLY with the DSF direct fish sales.

Really BADLY.

It was something that should not have been offered IN THE FIRST PLACE if they had sat for a while and thought about it. It has screwed up this game Globally.

Old established players with big farms on INT1 that I know have simply lost interest. They log in...play 5 mins...and log out.

Passion for the game is gone. It's like that even in coops.....chat used to be a lively area...now noone chats. People are silent.

We are all waiting for this game to implode. And indeed it will.

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737

Well one person seeing everything coming up roses does not speak for the majority.  I agree with buddy every contract I have is asking for 100+ oysters  and they are hard to come by. Shay you are right and flushing although some people do not agree is sometimes called for.    @TJay (US1)  you are right am playing other games now  the betrayal here struck deep, as leader I am here but not like before the bomb hit.  They have taken so long to address the issue.  There are rumors that they are moving into all android games  not sure if that is true but they sure aren't worried about players here.

• My first worthwhile DSF contract. Ive got to wait 7hrs35mins for the outstanding 8 tuna chum to be made.

• brian69 (SKN1)brian69 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 36
    Wow, yesterday i got 4 fishspots with clams, oisters and schrimps instead of 4 a week.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The developers dont understand the actual value of each reward and the meaning of "in addition to", not "instead of".  

Item           Current value    Reasonable value 
    Karma         25000                500                
    Use:  3 -> small lucky charm, +15% harvest for someone else; 10-> big lucky charm, +25% harvest for someone else.  Cannot be used on your own buildings, the shop, Oleg, deep sea fishing, gold mine or bakery.  

Water          187500              20                                                           
    Use: 50 is needed for special seeds(if you dont spend gold).  Special seeds have increased harvest per hour and have different growing times than regular crops.  

Rose seeds 382500              3000
    Use: Can be planted in fields to collect around 5000 dollars worth of roses and extra event items.  

Fishing xp   10                       1 or less
    Use: Used for increasing fishing level, Lobster chum already makes more than 100000 per day.  

The purpose of this post is to let people understand the actual value in these items and understand why making the rewards "In addition to money", not with the money and definitely not "instead of money" or an unusually high amount taken away.  
    So in regards to roses we are throwing a large amount of money away for a reward worth about 5000 dollars. This is "balance" according to GGS? It looks like GGS is trying to take back the billions of dollars players gained through deep sea fishing with some very questionable (low) acts and bad money pit updates. Oktoberfest looks like a complete bust already since we are being forced to play Candy farm and throw away obscene amounts of money for little reward. Whats next....a rollback to just before deep sea was introduced???  What happens if a lucky few actually upgrade lab to the gold item products.....GGS "adjusts" them so they too are no longer available?

TeeJay is right.......in a coop of 62 most of the week you can hear a pin drop in the chatroom. Its become hard to be positive about anything in this game lately
Sign In to comment.