Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Farmer Tycoons

I think GGS should bring back the original pricing for the DSF and put the pools back the way they were.  They should also make the fish contracts MUCH more enticing.

What is wrong with everyone being big Farmer Tycoons?  After all we already live the life of luxury here on the farm.  We have 3 farms and an entire village. We have hundreds of workers on all our farms and houses to house them. We also have horse stables and horses. We have investments in Deepsea fishing. We have a green house and nurseries. We have a diner that sells seafood dishes.  We have huge plots of land already bought up or sitting there for the taking as we progress.  Many of us already have production farms with less decos.  We take a vacation for 24 days out of the month to the islands to do a little dabbling in tropical produce. And we participate in challenges world-wide.  And supposedly we will have yet another farm in a few months down the road, and it will be an island over-seas. 

I have done some calculating for the Lab, Academy, and Lester's secret stash based on what a player here on the US server made on average daily from DSF with the original pricing,  She is what I consider a very strategic player and she is also a numbers person.  And perhaps there are some that may have made more than her, so we will call it a 'top average". She averaged 135 million a day with a combo of level 5 and level 6 Trawlers.  IF everything was put back the way it was originally and we were to continue to make the same amount of cash from the DSF as before, it would still take 7.09 years to upgrade the 3 higher priced buildings if we could keep a steady pace and login every day and continually send our boats out.  

So in reality, I do not feel we were making "too much cash". As a matter of fact, IMHO I feel GGS should bring back the original pricing and maybe even increase it a little so we can have an income to match all that is going on in the game currently.  

Comments

•    The problem was that when we were making money on DSF, nobody was spending gold on the cash that Monica lady has stashed in her trunk. Pooooooor Monica.

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Monica can live in one of the houses on my farm,  I will give her a job cleaning fish.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I would love to know if there is any truth at all to this theory that it is players not buying cash from monica with gold  I think that is a pretty far fetched theory.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Same here.  Doesn't really make sense to me, unless I'm missing something.  People must be silly enough to buy dollars with gold, or have so much gold they don't know what to do with it, or else they wouldn't have Monica keep showing up.  But the numbers do not equate in terms of what has triggered recent events.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I have played in a number of coops and not one player has bought farm cash from Monica - neither have I or my daughters.  You only have to sell some produce out of inventory to be able to make a fair amount of cash.
  • Somebody has GOT to be buying her trunk dollars. She's there all the time! I think it's highly suspicious that some lady has her sedan parked in my field with millions of dollars in her trunk. Maybe instead of checking out aliens, those FBI twins should look into Monica! I can guarantee she didn't make that money working at the library!!
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think GGS should bring back the original pricing for the DSF and put the pools back the way they were.  They should also make the fish contracts MUCH more enticing.

What is wrong with everyone being big Farmer Tycoons?  After all we already live the life of luxury here on the farm.  We have 3 farms and an entire village. We have hundreds of workers on all our farms and houses to house them. We also have horse stables and horses. We have investments in Deepsea fishing. We have a green house and nurseries. We have a diner that sells seafood dishes.  We have huge plots of land already bought up or sitting there for the taking as we progress.  Many of us already have production farms with less decos.  We take a vacation for 24 days out of the month to the islands to do a little dabbling in tropical produce. And we participate in challenges world-wide.  And supposedly we will have yet another farm in a few months down the road, and it will be an island over-seas. 

I have done some calculating for the Lab, Academy, and Lester's secret stash based on what a player here on the US server made on average daily from DSF with the original pricing,  She is what I consider a very strategic player and she is also a numbers person.  And perhaps there are some that may have made more than her, so we will call it a 'top average". She averaged 135 million a day with a combo of level 5 and level 6 Trawlers.  IF everything was put back the way it was originally and we were to continue to make the same amount of cash from the DSF as before, it would still take 7.09 years to upgrade the 3 higher priced buildings if we could keep a steady pace and login every day and continually send our boats out.  

So in reality, I do not feel we were making "too much cash". As a matter of fact, IMHO I feel GGS should bring back the original pricing and maybe even increase it a little so we can have an income to match all that is going on in the game currently.  
    I think a solution to fix both these issues would be to instead lower the prices of the Laboratory, Matilda's academy and Lester's stash. Then it will still be challenging but doable to earn the money to build up your farm and upgrade those three buildings mentioned above. At the moment the pricing is a bit ridiculous, I think without gold use it would take about 17 years for a high level player to earn that kind of money.
    @ninjahuman (AU1)

Yeah, that would work too.  But don't you think being a Big Farmer Tycoon would be more fun?   :):p
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @ninjahuman (AU1)

Yeah, that would work too.  But don't you think being a Big Farmer Tycoon would be more fun?   :):p
    The issue with that option is it totally throws the other farms out of balance. As I said earlier, it should be challenging but doable to earn money to upgrade your farms. If you keep the dockyard as it was before, there is no challenge to afford the money to upgrade your farms anymore. It is a bit out of proportion to earn an amount of money that large.

Remember, we can still earn a few million from the dockyard per day, I have earned over 3 million from it today already. I think that is a fairer profit to earn from it. Also we will soon have a 4th farm where we can presumably earn an even larger amount of money from. So I think it is somewhat balanced, they just need to lower the prices of the Laboratory, Matilda's academy and Lester's stash and make a few tweaks to the deep sea fishing setup.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I expect what might have happened (I don't know for sure-just my opinion) is that these "Farmer Tycoons" as you put it were making trillions (or quadrillions) while we were barely approaching billions....and they were probably breaking the GGS counting system, so naturally, there had to be a stop to the mega increases that these tycoons were amassing.  So no matter how you look at it, the rich still get richer and the poor get poorer.  It is that way in real life too.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    I expect what might have happened (I don't know for sure-just my opinion) is that these "Farmer Tycoons" as you put it were making trillions (or quadrillions) while we were barely approaching billions....and they were probably breaking the GGS counting system, so naturally, there had to be a stop to the mega increases that these tycoons were amassing.  So no matter how you look at it, the rich still get richer and the poor get poorer.  It is that way in real life too.

I think this is a very likely reason for the drastic nerf of the Deep Sea Fishing , and just guessing, the huge amount of dollars we were all making was intended to be used in a new feature , which has not appeared yet, quite possibly the Volcanic Island .I expect this will be hugely expensive and probably returns from the fishing will be improved when it arrives . Just have to wait and see ....
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    The recent upset over the 10 hour co op boosters seems to reinforce this view, the code can only handle a certain size of numbers and my bet is that high level players were within reach of this , so the drastic action had to be taken . Silence was probably not the best policy  GGS could have taken  IMHO .
    Hi @garybaldy (GB1)
     I just don't feel that is the problem.  Had it been the problem, it would have been a rock solid explanation to simply say, [Hey guys, this game was never intended to make massive amounts of cash so quickly and we need to do something quickly before the game self-destructs], instead of all the fluff about balance and progressing too quickly.   I still believe, in my honest opinion, with the way the dockyard was released and then the FHWE following it that it was a dishonest scheme to create urgency to get the dockyard and boats built with the possible use of gold. If we were making too much cash, then why did they increase the profits on one of the chums.  

Yes, their silence was extremely detrimental to their reputation. 
Sign In to comment.