Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 19th - Oktoberfest! - Discussion

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I think it should run similarly to Golden week.......the "items" needed to be contributed should drop from our regular farms and we can donate them towards contracts from there. The fact it is located in the village concerns me already and if its a money pit I won't be touching it.

There's this GGS focus on decorations as rewards.....decorations have value especially to lower level farmers but there's only a certain amount of space for them on our farms. Once those spaces are filled then whats the point of them? I really don;t see players throwing obscene amounts of gold for a decoration...it wouldn't make sense. Surely GGS could come up with better rewards....or is decorations all they have??
  • Hey Guys,

We just posted a Mod Bulletin with answers to some of your questions about this event.
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    edited 13.09.2017
    The current design has contracts times going from 2 to 12 hours, depending on how many different items are required for that contract (but the balancing of the event might still change a bit).

Is the balancing done by the same guy that invented the deep see and the token bonusses? Then i hope he had some help or lessons in the mean time!

Some Oktoberfest recipes will require fish from Oleg & it is possible that higher level brackets will include some Deep Sea fishing items (there will be herring & salmon, possibly others)

hope no oysters cuase they are very rare and will not use them on oktoberfest since that will cost me a few deepsea contracts to fill since all contracts there needs oysters

There will not be an Oktoberfest WoF

tends to be excited about this but letts see what other tings it will bring

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

Looking forward to this event!

Let's see what it will bring us. We had a blast with the first Santa's Wish List in 2015, we really loved it and still consider it the best event ever in BF - very difficult to figure out how to play it right - I must admit - but as we love complex brainteasers - we figured things out and played well; even our smallest farmers were very enthusiast about it! By playing this event one could tell whether our coop could work + plan together shoulder to shoulder, as a real cooperative team in a good harmonious way ~ very difficult indeed but great fun to work so tight & close together and in the end we were all very proud with our "Frosted Palace" ...

Can't say anything about the Oktoberfest yet, but am excited and willing to try! Image result for oktoberfest smiley
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 13.09.2017
    It all sounds a bit too confusing for me and my very small coop.  Added to that, there is the fact that none of us participate in the DSF so we would struggle to be able to fill orders in the tent :(

Is this event something we can opt out of, or are we automatically entered into it.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    2 to 12 hour orders seemed a bit rough for casual players. 30 mins to 8 hours make it even worse. Sorry, but who wants to be bullied by the event? How about 6 to 24 hours contracts? :) But then again a lot will depend on production times in stalls and amounts of both production and orders. Make it too tough, everyone with brains will see another attempt for a gold grab and will avoid it.
  • Will there be different stages for different levels or all of us going to be competiting in one stage??
    Because there are a lot of high level players in the game who buy gold and they can easily use it to skip things and earn points. 
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    but what if Im not in cooperative. 
    Anyway, new event sounds to be fun 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    but what if Im not in cooperative. 
    Anyway, new event sounds to be fun 

Read the Mod's News Bulletin Spurgiukas - it says that although the whole event takes place in our Village, still players without a coop can play this Oktoberfest Event! 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    I hope they fix the freezing problem they have with the game right now before they do this new event
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240

we already know who Will be 10 winers. 0 surprize.

I hope that Will bi some nice rewards also for comon folks, those below 100 position.

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 14.09.2017
    I think it should run similarly to Golden week.......the "items" needed to be contributed should drop from our regular farms and we can donate them towards contracts from there. The fact it is located in the village concerns me already and if its a money pit I won't be touching it.

There's this GGS focus on decorations as rewards.....decorations have value especially to lower level farmers but there's only a certain amount of space for them on our farms. Once those spaces are filled then whats the point of them? I really don;t see players throwing obscene amounts of gold for a decoration...it wouldn't make sense. Surely GGS could come up with better rewards....or is decorations all they have??

Well deco's with VH are certainly still needed although I do understand where you are coming from I have no more room and am waiting on fourth farm with a lot of deco's I have in storage 

[Edited to remove quote of removed post | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    I'll check it out but I still don't know why they're working on new events & such instead of fixing bugs. I hope this event won't bring new bugs or old bugs back & actually gives you the rewards. We'll see.

Here's an example of a better reward than a decoration.....how about this? Top 10 finishers get the old deep sea setup for a set period allowing them not only to sell off all their fish in inventory but a chance to continue catching and selling them off for the allotted reward time 

(Examples  Top rank = 70 hours old deep sea setup, 2-5 = 48 hours, 6-10 = 24 hours). You want gold use, watch it jump with a reward like that.....but instead we get another deco, grrrrreat *yawn*....oh AND we produce these goods and get nothing but points in return so we are basically throwing away even more farm dollars for nothing  (a decoration with village happiness, a village the majority of players don;t care about anyway)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    So @gizmo22 (AU1)  your suggesting that only ten people in each server gets rewarded  and how does that help out the rest of us poor folks  not a good idea in my opinion. Back to the drawing board  why should they give ten people that when they never should have changed it so drastically in the first place?
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

Here's an example of a better reward than a decoration.....how about this? Top 10 finishers get the old deep sea setup for a set period allowing them not only to sell off all their fish in inventory but a chance to continue catching and selling them off for the allotted reward time 

(Examples  Top rank = 70 hours old deep sea setup, 2-5 = 48 hours, 6-10 = 24 hours). You want gold use, watch it jump with a reward like that.....

there will definetly be a gold rush to end up in top10....so not a good idea for 99.99% of the players.

also i need only 10 seconds to sell of all mine fish in inventory so the time frames are not make a different

Its just an example of a better reward lol

GGS can fiddle with the details and extend it to a top 100, top 500 etc etc........99.9% of players won't have a shot at the current deco reward anyway so its negative no matter how you look at it. For me personally i'd prefer DSF to go back to the old setup but its clear that will never happen.
  • It all sounds a bit too confusing for me and my very small coop.  Added to that, there is the fact that none of us participate in the DSF so we would struggle to be able to fill orders in the tent :(

Is this event something we can opt out of, or are we automatically entered into it.
    @bdreish (GB1)  If you just don`t do the contracts, you will in effect be opting out. You could do as few as you want to get some activity rewards or just avoid the fish ones or just not do any. Or you could just poke a sleeping worker every 4 hours for a reward. :)

Will there be different stages for different levels or all of us going to be competiting in one stage??
    Because there are a lot of high level players in the game who buy gold and they can easily use it to skip things and earn points. 
    @areeba ahmad (INT1) Yes, there will be different brackets.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    There's a problem with exclusive rewards. Any reward which improves economy in significant way (like cooperative orchards etc.) and is not available in one or another way to everybody playing, just to a few elect, is a major spoiler of the game and works against true F2P. It may sound funny at the first glance, but it actually makes sense to keep exclusive rewards in economy simulation game within the realm of "useless", just "honour" rewards or just something which everybody can reach using other means then exclusivity.

As a customer I'm not in the least interested to help invent ways how GGS can grab more money while spoiling the game even further. The project manager of this game Dennis (if he is still there), is an expert on monetization according to his own words, and we can see the negative effect of that emphasis on the gameplay everywhere we look. I would though be willing to help develop a sustainable game providing pleasuarable gaming experience for casual players like me, a high quality product which people understanding the value of money are willing to buy.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Speaking as one who has been waiting to buy gold since joining, but hasn't due to various problems and issues, increasing revenue for the company is simple:

1. Make the game pleasurable and something people want to play.
    2. Put safeguards in place so that gold is spent only when intended by the players.
    3. Put customer satisfaction first.  
  • Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87

now that Oktoberfest is ready to lunch and of course it shall be error / bug free as all new events GGS produce to us are ( yeah , right ! )

should we assume that the team, is finally getting the DSF out of the (pipe line ) and will try to make us less frustrated?

which should have been the utmost priority bty or at least  this is  the way I see it   

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Speaking as one who has been waiting to buy gold since joining, but hasn't due to various problems and issues, increasing revenue for the company is simple:

1. Make the game pleasurable and something people want to play.
    2. Put safeguards in place so that gold is spent only when intended by the players.
    3. Put customer satisfaction first.  
    I agree.  We are not hard to get along with.  We just want to feel like we are not getting screwed around at every turn.  Help the players feel secure and the players will secure the financial stability of the company. 
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Meh…
    I learned long ago with this game not to get too excited with anything new.  
    First off, it will most likely make NO sense unless one wants to sift through forum posts to figure out how it all works.    Then there will be the pile of assorted bugs that seem to go with every new thing here (since so far I have not seen any of this on the test server.  Again WHY do you even have a test server?)

THEN…. after things don't work, people come here to complain I spent XXXXX of time, farm money or GOLD and something didn't work, GG will probably give everyone some kind of prize to compensate.  Only that never really does. (test it first people.)

Lastly this game seems to be pushing more and more towards competitions with other players or other teams.  NOT what I signed onto.  Not at all one bit interested in competing against players who either simply have more time for this or are willing to drop cash on this.  It's never a fair fight. Those with the deepest pockets are buying prizes is all.  Phoey!

So yea, I'll look around.  Hope I'm wrong and this is actually fun, but sure no eagerness here.  

edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • andy (GB1)andy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 20
    Hello Shay , you are right , real Oktobrofest is  amazing time , very funny , cheerful atmosphere ... its no about beer , schnitzel or other typical meals ...  and Oktobrofest in our farms was  very amazing and l hope that will amazing for all farmers again...

Happy , funny farming and good luck to you all  
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I was born and raised in Wurzburg Germany.  I left there when I was 6 so I do not remember much but I do remember the dancing, lots and lots of dancing. I also still remember the wonderful smell of food from every direction and I remember my parents making a big deal of it. ANd I can remember teenage boys standing on the street corners calling out, "Oktoberfest is coming, Oktoberfest is coming, don't miss out on Oktoberfest". I have enjoyed Oktoberfest in different states throughout the US over past years, some better than others, but it always brings back fond memories and is always a great time. I think I mostly go for the food :)

Also, I remember almost every adult I would see having a beer in their hand, I think back then it was all about the beer.  lol
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
Sign In to comment.