Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Sept 19th - Oktoberfest! - Discussion

Hey Guys,

Have fun discussing the latest update here!

EDIT: Date of update changed in title from 15th to 19th
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

will there be a wheel of oktoberfest fortune?

• No doubt lots of gold will be needed if we want to get anywhere with this one ! : (
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 12.09.2017
    It took me a while to realise where that German beer hall is placed. But then it is a briliant idea and use of coop village free space. I love that hall. :) (And no, I don't drink beer .............. lol)

but .......... and there always is a "but" with GGS when you say something postiive about them..........

This part

• Contracts will feature a time limit - unlike other markets the time will begin to count down as soon as the contract appears and not when items are added to them
    • The more visitors you have to your village festival hall, the more points you will be able to gain per contract! The number of visitors will increase with each completed contract but reduce when a contract is not completed
    I will probably hate as I do nearly always whenever there is too much time pressure/demand from the game. Will see if that is balanced for casuals like me or for nonstoppers, insaners, addicts etc. only :):):) Anyone knows what I mean? Since GGS bosses might still be in repentance mode after the flogging they received from the public over DSF nerf fiasco, I have a slight hope that they might tend to balance it to make us happy ........... lol :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    No Comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

will there be a wheel of oktoberfest fortune?

Yes there will be a wheel for thoes guys who want to ruined ur hard work 
    Yep there must be a well at the end of the event with out a doubt 110% sure last wwc I maintain the position 15 through out the event last 3 days I fly fly fly fly and come to 35 how thanks to wheel ofcorse so keep that in mind we have a wheel in last  >:)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I have a few very important questions:

These "contracts" that we must fill for "individual points for personal rewards and co-op points that benefit the entire co-op" ....

1. do they also give farm cash?   Or are we looking at another money pit? 

2. If we do get farm cash ...Are we PAYING for the "individual points for personal rewards and co-op points that benefit the entire co-op" like we do for the water drops and Karma balls or are they true legitimate rewards that would be added to contract as a bonus with the full amount of farm cash for our produce?  
  • Could someone fill me in because I don't seem to know what this festival is because I am new!
    You can email me, it's TheGymnast99
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Could someone fill me in because I don't seem to know what this festival is because I am new!
    You can email me, it's TheGymnast99

You know as much about it as we do @TheGymnast99 (US1) this is a new event for everyone :)  My best advice is to keep reading the forum, where there are people who post info about events/new additions to the game.  Good Luck :)
  • I will try and learn more!
    Thank You!
  • And could you try and joining my group it's called Untouchables!
    We have no members, sucks!
  • I have a few very important questions:

These "contracts" that we must fill for "individual points for personal rewards and co-op points that benefit the entire co-op" ....

2. If we do get farm cash ...Are we PAYING for the "individual points for personal rewards and co-op points that benefit the entire co-op" like we do for the water drops and Karma balls or are they true legitimate rewards that would be added to contract as a bonus with the full amount of farm cash for our produce?  
    Hey @Shay1968 (US1) the Oktoberfest contracts will only give points for the event.
  • T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    Does the deco have VHP? what is the deco size?

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499

Hey @Shay1968 (US1) the Oktoberfest contracts will only give points for the event.
    Can I get "dislike" marker back for this please.

If this means there is no dolar reward for donated goods at all, meaning the whole Octoberfest is just a money pit, then this situation had already been here about two years ago Christmas I think and it was total fiasco. The event setting at that time had to be hotfixed to return market sell price of donated goods. Somebody can sure supply more details about what event it was and when it happened. I think it's worth investigating what is actually going on before update as I don't think that BF can sustain another major fiasco so soon after DSF nerf fail. And in case we get money pit with poor rewards and unfriendly contract values and timings (sorry but have to include worse possible scenario knowing GGS reputation) then not many will play it, rather many more will wave the game good bye for good.
  • Does the deco have VHP? what is the deco size?

Hey @T.O.P (INT1) The decorations do have VHP. We'll have to get back to you on the sizes tomorrow once the team is back in office. :)
    edited 12.09.2017

I guess GGS is trying to recoop all that cash they dished out with the DSF.  Unfortunately all my profits from DSF are still in inventory and I have less than 200K in farm dollars and so many upgrades needed.  My farm cannot afford an event that just takes away profits.

Players were very upset about the Santa event (Santa's Wish List) and the fact it was "donations" at first and players were losing out on a ton of cash.  This would be no different.  If players are giving away all their produce/profits, how is their farm supposed to progress?  I can't start production on the windmill or start the production of fertilizer with individual points for personal rewards and co-op points that benefit the entire co-op. 

Edited to add:  GGS needs to remember, not everyone was able to sell off their fish inventory and not everyone even had a chance to start the DSF because they were still working on Oleg's task which required certain fishing levels to buy certian fishing equipment needed for the tasks. There are still a lot of poor farmers out there.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741

Can I get "dislike" marker back for this please.

If this means there is no dolar reward for donated goods at all, meaning the whole Octoberfest is just a money pit, then this situation had already been here about two years ago Christmas I think and it was total fiasco. The event setting at that time had to be hotfixed to return market sell price of donated goods. Somebody can sure supply more details about what event it was and when it happened. I think it's worth investigating what is actually going on before update as I don't think that BF can sustain another major fiasco so soon after DSF nerf fail. And in case we get money pit with poor rewards and unfriendly contract values and timings (sorry but have to include worse possible scenario knowing GGS reputation) then not many will play it, rather many more will wave the game good bye for good.
    I don't like this either. As @Kamilcom (GB1) points out, the first Santa's List event needed to be fixed because it was a big money pit. I remember I had a really small farm back then and I had to stop donating and start again with wildflowers because I was completely broke. After a bunch of complaints luckily they fixed it (it finally wasn't donations, but money was provided at the selling price of the goods) and it was playable. I really dislike the idea of having a money pit event. I think they should really provide the cash we will get otherwise selling the goods. I'm not really keen in spending a lot of farm cash on a deco.

Other than that, are contracts individual or coop contracts? Is it there a storage limit for the products we produce? What happens to the overstock at the end of the event?
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183

I guess GGS is trying to recoop all that cash they dished out with the DSF.  Unfortunately all my profits from DSF are still in inventory and I have less than 200K in farm dollars and so many upgrades needed.  My farm cannot afford an event that just takes away profits.

Players were very upset about the Santa event (Santa's Wish List) and the fact it was "donations" at first and players were losing out on a ton of cash.  This would be no different.  If players are giving away all their produce/profits, how is their farm supposed to progress?  I can't start production on the windmill or start the production of fertilizer with individual points for personal rewards and co-op points that benefit the entire co-op. 

Edited to add:  GGS needs to remember, not everyone was able to sell off their fish inventory and not everyone even had a chance to start the DSF because they were still working on Oleg's task which required certain fishing levels to buy certian fishing equipment needed for the tasks. There are still a lot of poor farmers out there.

@Shay1968 (US1)
    U said good things but olag came from a long time i personaly think its the players they didn't bother to upgrade olag and themselves only this I want to correct and for the poor farmers yes there are so many  :'(
    GGS you have to rethink about lester secret stash. I think it would be more appealing to fulfill the contract if you would include lester's stash with it.

@Shay1968 (US1)
    U said good things but olag came from a long time i personaly think its the players they didn't bother to upgrade olag and themselves only this I want to correct and for the poor farmers yes there are so many  :'(
    There were some players that gave up on Oleg because there were problems with the fishing (not being able to reel fish in), also because they did not realize certain tasks were for fishing and they would get buried down at the bottom and considering the left task pain only shows a certain amount of tasks it is VERY easy to over-look. Not everyone has a good understanding of the game, often they just ignore what they don't understand. So I honestly can't blame the players.  Especially since they had NO clue that a Dockyard was going to be released and that it would require all tasks be completed.  I am obsessive and I like fishing, so I finished it, however, it was frustrating at times.  Also at one point a certain task required buying bait that costed gold (which they changed) and many gave up and may have not realized they changed it to a bait available for farm cash if they don't read the forum.
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

its to me not clear what we need to donate but indeed IF we only have to donate and not get money but only points and goods are gone then better rethink this.

with santa event the same problem existed a few years ago. I can imagine that nobody at ggs knows this cause probably all new employes but look back in the books and dont make same mistake again.

• Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    These contracts will they be coopwise or personalwise?
    These contracts will they be coopwise or personalwise?
    both @Tinzen (SKN1)
  • So will there be a volks march from one village to the other.. where you are rewarded with a brat & a beer on completion..  :p   Are we going to have special currency / coins rewards from Omar like the deutsche marks that we can buy things with..?

This could be really fun...I hoping anyway    B)

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Groaning loudly not at all pleased with the way this is sounding I agree with @Kamilcom (GB1)  and 

its to me not clear what we need to donate but indeed IF we only have to donate and not get money but only points and goods are gone then better rethink this.

with santa event the same problem existed a few years ago. I can imagine that nobody at ggs knows this cause probably all new employes but look back in the books and dont make same mistake again.

that was not a fun activity and I did not participate nor did my coop  now last years SWL I enjoyed, and I hate to sound petty and unappreciative but those prizes are not attractive to me at all for just a farming event  let alone for what this event looks like in time and loss of cash value.  I will not be participating and will not be encouraging this in the coop unless things were to drastically change. 
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    It sounds like a lot of time, effort and farm $ for a decoration.  Also agree that this has the markings of Satan's Wish List, and if so our coop is not participating.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Bring on the spatzle!!!!

Will this last as long as Oktoberfest actually lasts (which is over two weeks)?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    After a little further thought: I think if the ingredients needed for the recipes are reasonable, and if the cost to produce recipes is not too high,  it could be ok... Just don't want to be donating at the expense of earning on the regular farm. Need to wait and see I guess.
  • Bring on the spatzle!!!!

Will this last as long as Oktoberfest actually lasts (which is over two weeks)?
    @gavinfarms (US1)
    The Oktoberfest event will begin on September 16th at 14:00 CEST and run until October 3rd at 13:59 CEST.

The event times have been added to the patchnotes also.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Urgh I have to agree with kamilcom as well........if its an event that involves throwing farmdollars away and getting nothing but points, a few measly rewards and then a deco with some VH then I don't see the appeal? One, I loathe the village......still thinking its a waste of time (apart from jetty) so why would I care about decorations with VH?? Two......well i'll keep that one to myself until more details are revealed I guess. This event has potential but with GGS running the show its hard to get excited about it.
    I am trying to keep an open mind.  The event sounds fun and interesting. I love Oktoberfest and the schnitzels and brats with sauerkraut that go with it. However, if we are giving items away for free with no profits I wont be too thrilled and most likely wont bother with it. My farm is not a charity center, I am trying to progress.  If it is just another "buy" your way to the top event, I most likely wont bother with it.  After all it's just a deco, it's not a brand new car that I can drive and park in my garage.  We ALL can't have the Tea Cup Ride deco, only top 10 per server. And why bother, there will most likely be points SOLD and it will just be another event to see who will spend the most gold.  Because hard work just doesn't cut it anymore. 
Sign In to comment.