Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Shout out to anyone affected by recent storms in the USA

Hey all! My prayers/blessings/well wishes are going out to everyone affected by Harvey and Irma. I hope you are all safe. Peace!!!

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    <3
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    edited 07.09.2017
    Thanks @artful (US1) & @berthashmeckal (US1) :)

I evacuated due to Harvey, as I'm close to Houston, and just got back yesterday and am trying to play catch-up. :)  I missed a few events, but that's ok.. It's better than the alternative would have been. :)

Fortunately my house came through relatively unscathed, since we didn't get a lot of wind, just rain -- and my house is pretty high above sea level and ~70 miles inland.  Not all were so lucky though, as I'm sure you've seen on the news. 

Now all I've got to to do is catch up on about ~2,000 posts. lol :)
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    And thats why @Southern (US1) was not seen here last week. I noted that. But didn't ever thought Harvey would prank on you.
    and, Thank God, U are safe and back..... :):) 
  • Wow @Southern (US1) !!! Thanks for giving us an update and some news. It becomes a little more real when you hear about it first hand. So glad you are safe and your house is okay!!! Amazing!!!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Now we have to worry about the Floridians. As bad as Harvey was, Irma is going to be a lot worse. If you're in the path of that monster, please - take what you can and get out now, before they issue mandatory evacuations and the roads turn into parking lots from gridlock.
  • Glad you are ok @Southern (US1), prayers and well wishes to all affected. And any in the way of incoming Irma; hope it goes down in strength and passes on north to the sea.
  • Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    We were in a voluntary evacuation zone near Houston and ended up staying put.  Were very very lucky and didn't get water in our house even though the houses right behind us did (we also have a higher elevation). Glad you and your family are safe Southern!  It was the craziest and most emotionally exhausting week I can remember and have been through several of these storms.  Praying for those who are in the recovery process from Harvey and also for everyone about to experience Irma.  Stay safe everyone!!
    And let's not forget our friends in Montana.  Those wildfires are something awful, by all accounts.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    And let's not forget our friends in Montana.  Those wildfires are something awful, by all accounts.
    I'm far from it in the SW corner of Michigan, but several days ago our full moon was deep orange.  I looked it up and it said it's because of the wildfires in Montana.   WOW.  They must be horrendous.  
    I'm far from it in the SW corner of Michigan, but several days ago our full moon was deep orange.  I looked it up and it said it's because of the wildfires in Montana.   WOW.  They must be horrendous.  
    WOW!
  • Our moon did that too, they reached north west of Denver; we are southeast of them. That moon looked almost red. Everyone be safe!
  • Those fires sound awful! My thoughts are definitely with you! When I first started this thread, I hadn't heard about them.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file