Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 4th - "Happy Hour and Obon Festival" - Discussion

Comments

• I noticed that first thing this morning as well.  Makes absolutely zero sense to offer a Happy Hour bonus for an item not obtainable.  :-)
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    Hi Guys,

It looks like someone possibly miscalculated the time-zones on this one. We have asked about getting it changed, but while they agree it is unfortunate, no changes will be made now.

Sorry :/

You no there is no excuse for stuff like this.

It really is the “Oh Well” attitude that is making your customer so mad all the time.

• Hi Guys,

It looks like someone possibly miscalculated the time-zones on this one. We have asked about getting it changed, but while they agree it is unfortunate, no changes will be made now.

Seriously???   Totally defeats the purpose although at this point it really doesn't seem to matter if a player is loyal or not as it appears that GGS has again proven its' loyalty to the players.  Thanks for the info WW!  Happy  ummm Farming.  
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    A loyalty bonus worth nothing.  Just goes to show how much they value our 'loyalty'.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Hi Guys,

I don't even play the island and I am mad 
  • Seriously???   Totally defeats the purpose although at this point it really doesn't seem to matter if a player is loyal or not as it appears that GGS has again proven its' loyalty to the players.  Thanks for the info WW!  Happy  ummm Farming.  
    Seriuosly????  Well, yeah.
    Unbelievable!!!   Well, no.
    You gotta be kidding!!!  Nope, no joke.
    For real????   Uh huh.
    No way........ Yes way.

GGS has totally changed my view of all the interjections that I use on a daily basis.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

You could also simply extend the Viking farm by 12 hours.  There is more than one way to fix this!!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

You could also simply extend the Viking farm by 12 hours.  There is more than one way to fix this!!!
    Well, that would leave me out, then.  Most of mine is cleared out now.  LOL!
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    edited 04.09.2017
    the calculation guy is also responsabel for the calender i think
  • Ironheart (NL1)Ironheart (NL1) NL1 Posts: 57
    Looks like theres still a day and some hours left....so a bit of a bonus might be obtainable..

Lets hope for enough hours so the 80% is usefull.
    Nope..

Temp island is done before the 80% kicks in at the dutch server...

Guess they tried to fix it as the forum was a security risk for a while..

Fixing things that werent broke...
    Let me give some reply to answers that will follow soon:

Dont fix it after tomorrow when the temp island is over...do it before
      You could easily (although i have some serious doubt here) see at GGS that this wont add up

And yes, its only a few runestones (for some millions, but whos counting), its our loss AGAIN
      (remeber the failed login at fields and they fixed it the day after so you lost the biggest bonus?)

• Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    On Wednesday's booster You have  Runestone income booster...How can this be ????  The Booster starts at 7:00 a.m.  Cst  but, the Viking farm STOPS at 7:00 a. m.  CST... I am afraid you messed up on this one....So are you going to Change that booster  or will we be compensated for it...Just saying
    On Wednesday's booster You have  Runestone income booster...How can this be ????  The Booster starts at 7:00 a.m.  Cst  but, the Viking farm STOPS at 7:00 a. m.  CST... I am afraid you messed up on this one....So are you going to Change that booster  or will we be compensated for it...Just saying
    They've already posted that they aren't going to do anything about it.   :(
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    I am so disappointed in this happy hour mess up.  Please GGS, extend temp farm by one day, so we don't lose out on Wednesday's happy hour.  There are many of us that enjoy the game, with all it's quirks.  We remain loyal and supportive of GGS and each other.  However, this kind of mistake in programming should not be ignored by GGS.  The Deep Sea Market contracts/pools is an understandable, although frustrating miscalculation on the part of GGS. And I trust that they are looking at rebalancing it.  However, Wednesday's Happy Hour is just an outright mistake.  If I made this kind of error in my job, I would be expected to make it right.  That is, if they even let me keep my job...  When quality controls checks don't work, then clients expect to be compensated if the error cannot be corrected in time.  Please, please, please make this right.
  • And for the US server, according to my calculations, the Temp Farm ends at 7 am on Wednesday exactly at the time that the First Happy Hour Booster starts (for the temp farm!)!

So my question is, will the temp farm be extended by 1 day so that the Happy Hour Booster is not a total waste?  Or do I still need to sell everything 'today'?
    why is no moderater answering this?
    And for the US server, according to my calculations, the Temp Farm ends at 7 am on Wednesday exactly at the time that the First Happy Hour Booster starts (for the temp farm!)!

So my question is, will the temp farm be extended by 1 day so that the Happy Hour Booster is not a total waste?  Or do I still need to sell everything 'today'?
    They probably won't extend it by a day.  Even if they did, the boosters wouldn't mean that much on the last day.  A good many people have already started or completed the dismantling.  Very poor planning on the part of GGS.
    kwk (US1) said:
    I am so disappointed in this happy hour mess up.  Please GGS, extend temp farm by one day, so we don't lose out on Wednesday's happy hour.  There are many of us that enjoy the game, with all it's quirks.  We remain loyal and supportive of GGS and each other.  However, this kind of mistake in programming should not be ignored by GGS.  The Deep Sea Market contracts/pools is an understandable, although frustrating miscalculation on the part of GGS. And I trust that they are looking at rebalancing it.  However, Wednesday's Happy Hour is just an outright mistake.  If I made this kind of error in my job, I would be expected to make it right.  That is, if they even let me keep my job...  When quality controls checks don't work, then clients expect to be compensated if the error cannot be corrected in time.  Please, please, please make this right.
    The Runes Booster probably wouldn't be that beneficial at the end of the temp farm, even if they did extend it by a day.  Most people have already begun dismantling by now, anyway.  Major screwup. :(
    And for the US server, according to my calculations, the Temp Farm ends at 7 am on Wednesday exactly at the time that the First Happy Hour Booster starts (for the temp farm!)!

They probably won't extend it by a day.  Even if they did, the boosters wouldn't mean that much on the last day.  A good many people have already started or completed the dismantling.  Very poor planning on the part of GGS.
    well i have many fish puingins coats etc in inventory. I have about 30 million to sell so its not little to me

well i have many fish puingins coats etc in inventory. I have about 30 million to sell so its not little to me
    Oh, well, yes, it would make a difference then.  I sold mine off because once I forgot and missed the deadline.  LOL! :)
  • lthrrr (GB1)lthrrr (GB1) Posts: 1,665
    edited 05.09.2017
    Sorry
    Its a simple compare events with eachother...

You make 1 which needs another and you dont check if its still running then?

Its getting cheaper and cheaper there at GGS...
  • Hi Guys,

Unfortunate is that we the customers, for some reason continue to have faith in this company when they have shown by their actions, over and over again, that they couldn't care less about us.

If the current business plan of this company is to totally p**s off its customer base and drive this game into the ground, then they are doing a bang up job of it.

I guess it is time to join the others and quit buying gold and playing the extra things, until this company takes its head out of it's nether region. Won't be holding my breath waiting for that day.

Fixing the problem with the Viking Farm & the Happy Hour snafu, should be an easy fix, just extend the Viking Farm until the end of Happy Hour. Their unwillingness at this time to do even that small thing speaks volumes.
    edited 06.09.2017
    Hi Guys,

yes calculations not a strong part of GGS. And really wondering how this is possible in a million dollar company with so many employes. Its not the first calculation mistake it is really getting redicules and shamefull. Nobody check things? You messing up with thousands of paying costumers. If i make this mistakes in mine work which effects Thousand of clients i would be unemployed very soon. This company has no control no ethics and very very bad mathematics
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 06.09.2017
    Unhappy hour is here all day, log in and be sure to take full advantage of it...and don't forget to check on your lobsters, tuna and herring for all those contracts that want oysters.

Post edited by Just Kar (US1) on
  • how do I activate happy hour? it said log in did that and still nothing
  • you have to be logged in between  (7.00 to 10.00,  12.00 to 15.00, 18.00 to 21.00 hrs )   by the clock in the top right of your screen, the server time. they should work at those times.
  • What irritates me about this bonus is that you only qualify for any weekend "loyalty" bonus if you log on all 3 times at least one of the days. I can make it twice a day for all 5 days, 2/3 of the available slots, but if I don't get that third time at least once, I get nothing on the weekend. This is impossible for me to do most days, as I do not have internet at home, and I am not going to arrange my schedule to go into town an extra time for this. So I just roll my eyes and say, "Whatever, it's a bonus, not like I'm actually being penalized..." But it's still irritating and feels unfair.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Yes me too @CordeliaAnne (US1)  I think they should have one at nite for us night owls  that would give us a better chance of all three I am not setting my alarm to get up at 8 when I go to bed at 5.  So I hardly pay any attention to this feature at all.
Sign In to comment.