Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse competition points

When I compete in the competition, if my horse wins I gain points. If my horse loses I lose points.  Why is it then when challenged by another player I do not get points for winning but points are taken away if I lose?  It should be the same either way.  

Comments

• CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    Same me.I always lose and lost many ranking points. SAD........
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    When I compete in the competition, if my horse wins I gain points. If my horse loses I lose points.  Why is it then when challenged by another player I do not get points for winning but points are taken away if I lose?  It should be the same either way.  
    When you challenge another horse and lose, you don't lose points.  

http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/season_overview.htm
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    what artful said!!!  you only lose points if you are challenged and lose...
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Thanks @artful (US1) & @JVD (US1)

It would really be nice if GGS explained things a bit better.  Because according to the image below it seems if you challenge and win you get +4 points and if you challenge and lose you get -2 points.  I have actually been letting gas go to waste by letting my horse sit when I have only higher horses available to challenge, fearing I would most likely lose and thinking I would lose the 2 points.  UGH, no wonder I have such a hard time getting to platinum.

• @Shay1968 (US1) When you challenge another player, look on the result window, where Rose is doing her happy face or sad face & next to that you will see what you won. - When you win the challenge (horseshoes & points) & also what you won if you lost the challenge (horseshoes). Likewise, if you go to your noticeboard & see the challenges made against you, when you click them, you can also see the same thing there, when you win you get horseshoes & when you lose you lose points.  The higher the level of the other horse, the more horseshoes you get. :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Thank you @WascallyWabbit,  I did indeed do what you suggested and artful and JVD were 100% correct (I just had to see it for myself).  I was always under a different impression since the start of the competitions.  I guess it is good to ask questions here.  :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Can anyone explain how or why a level 70 horse can beat a level 80+ then lose against a 19?

The whole horse competition thing makes no sense to me at all.  I just click through until I'm out of fuel and manage to make it into platinum most of the time.  It's become very boring and since it seems to be just random chance who beats who, the incentive to keep advancing has all but vanished.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The chance is not random but it is chance @Artmaker (GB1)
    If your chance of winning is 80% you will still lose 1 in 5 races.
    If it is only 20% you will still win 1 in 5
    The Horses are all about  the training, the higher the level of your horse and the better the Effects in your chosen discipline, the higher you will finish in the competition
  • Can anyone explain how or why a level 70 horse can beat a level 80+ then lose against a 19?
    @Artmaker (GB1)  "Odds" :) - Unless it says your chances of winning the challenge are 100% (which it never will) then there is always a chance you will lose it, no matter how small the chance.  If you had a bag of 100 balls, 99 white & 1 black, there would be a 1% chance of picking the black ball, but individually, each ball has the exact same chance of being picked - It is just more likely that a white ball will be picked.

Even in real life horse racing, having the best horse, does not guarantee a win, if it did there would be no gambling. If your level 70 horse lost to a level 19, it could have been spooked or tripped or got a fly in its eye hehe Overall, if you keep training & increasing the level & effects on your horse, it will gradulaly get further in the leagues & eventually reach Diamond. I do the same as you, just click through the fuel & see where I end up. :)
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    (dreaming...) Will a level 100+ horse always win in the competition?
  • (dreaming...) Will a level 100+ horse always win in the competition?
    @CIN SOON (INT1)  Well if that is a rule, someone forgot to tell my horse hehe ... He loses on a regular basis & if a random horse appears that is 50+ levels lower than mine, it is almost guaranteed that I will  lose if I challenge it ... I think they throw them in there as a trap. Lachen Smileys Smileys en emoticons
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Can anyone explain how or why a level 70 horse can beat a level 80+ then lose against a 19?
    @Artmaker (GB1)  "Odds" :) - Unless it says your chances of winning the challenge are 100% (which it never will) then there is always a chance you will lose it, no matter how small the chance.  If you had a bag of 100 balls, 99 white & 1 black, there would be a 1% chance of picking the black ball, but individually, each ball has the exact same chance of being picked - It is just more likely that a white ball will be picked.

Even in real life horse racing, having the best horse, does not guarantee a win, if it did there would be no gambling. If your level 70 horse lost to a level 19, it could have been spooked or tripped or got a fly in its eye hehe Overall, if you keep training & increasing the level & effects on your horse, it will gradulaly get further in the leagues & eventually reach Diamond. I do the same as you, just click through the fuel & see where I end up. :)
    Well ok, best answer I ever got to this one.   Makes more sense now.

Spooked…. lol.   True story here, horseback riding with friends after work, I got a young, not so trustworthy horse.   We had gone to this horse place enough times they knew I could ride.   
    Well one spot where we could let them get to a full gallup, a darn butterfly flitted across the path and my idiot horse had to stop to watch.  LIke full gallup to dead stop.   I damn near did a cartwheel over his head!  
    Stupid •¶§∞∞¢ horse!

So, GG please shoo the bugs off the field will ya?    lol.

• malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    If my horse already have +11 jumping power, what would be the best option between +1 agility and +1 endurance as the next bonus...
    Is there any link between speed, jumping power, agility, endurance etc..... and selection between 3 competition windows like show jumping, dressage & racing?
    Or is everything work as per tournament preparation points (page2)? (Training+total bonus irrespective of bonus type)
    Please reply....
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Unlike Speed and JumpingPower etc, the effects Strength, Agility and Endurance are added to the basic Attributes before the multipliers are applied. So, assuming that you compete at show-jumping, +1 agility would be worth 2 points whereas +1 endurance would only be worth 1.
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    Thank u @Uncle John (GB1)  :)
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    How far you get in a tournament is strictly a function of the training level of your horse and how many races you run.  At any given point in the tournament, you're allowed to progress just so far up the leagues and no further.  Once you reach that point, you will not progress further until your training level is again allowed to move up.  Instead, you will only be offered higher level horses to challenge, thus making it seem "natural" that you're not progressing.  (Try taking a day or two off from racing and notice that suddenly you'll only be offered much lower level horses to challenge, making it seem natural that you're moving up again.)  

If you're going through about 200 gallons of gas a day worth of races, a Level 50 horse will get you into Platinum on about the last day of the tournament (and you might drop back to gold by tournament end.)  A level 60 horse will get you into Platinum in the last four or five days of the tournament.   A level 70 horse will put you there in the last week.  A level 80 horse puts you there at about 12 or 13 days and lets you progress a level or two up into the league. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file