Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I think the HWE should always be in the front row so it is easily accessible.  To be able to hover over it to see the timer quickly without having to worry about hitting icons from any events that might be in front of it.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    So I just had 6 of my 8 trawlers come back from the deep sea with a nice load of fish.  I should be very happy about the day's production, right?  NOPE!  Because all those fish are worth exactly ZERO dollars!!  I have no contracts that will allow me to sell them.  And since I'm not about to add even more rotting fish to my already over-bloated inventory, I'm having to wait out all the fish pools that do not contain fish that will aid in the filling of contracts.  Which means 24 hours of not being able to play deep sea fishing.  Oh yes, I'm flushing all contracts every half  hour in hopes of getting one that will allow me to sell a few fish, but that occurs only rarely.

At this time, deep sea fishing is a game that prevents itself from being played.
  • i am not interested about this game anymore
  • Let me see if I can put this into words........as I half heartedly look for candy, fine if I find it, fine if I don't, kinda feeling.......but have you ever had a really really good friend? someone you'd take a bullet for?  someone you'd trust with your life?  knowing they have your back in any given situation?  and then one day, after several years of friendship, you find out that they've been lying to you? or cheating on you with your boyfriend or girlfriend, or have stolen from you, or you find out that they're not really such a great person after all?  and then you can never look them fully in the eyes again, you can't stand the sound of their voice, you do everything you can think of to avoid that person you once would've died for........??  Anyone know that feeling??  Well, I can't  look GGS in the eyes anymore, and I think of that EVERY time I play now.......it's a very nauseating feeling of dread....the excitement is gone, I no longer look forward to the company of this game,......I'm unable to fill fish market contracts with fish that I have no areas to catch them, ........it makes ME feel like the failure......I don't like that feeling either.........and being made to feel like a failure, whether it's in real life or a silly little game, by someone who just doesn't give a rat's azz about me???  Well, I'm no glutton for punishment or ill feelings........so lately, I've done alot to avoid that feeling.........
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Let me see if I can put this into words........as I half heartedly look for candy, fine if I find it, fine if I don't, kinda feeling.......but have you ever had a really really good friend? someone you'd take a bullet for?  someone you'd trust with your life?  knowing they have your back in any given situation?  and then one day, after several years of friendship, you find out that they've been lying to you? or cheating on you with your boyfriend or girlfriend, or have stolen from you, or you find out that they're not really such a great person after all?  and then you can never look them fully in the eyes again, you can't stand the sound of their voice, you do everything you can think of to avoid that person you once would've died for........??  Anyone know that feeling??  Well, I can't  look GGS in the eyes anymore, and I think of that EVERY time I play now.......it's a very nauseating feeling of dread....the excitement is gone, I no longer look forward to the company of this game,......I'm unable to fill fish market contracts with fish that I have no areas to catch them, ........it makes ME feel like the failure......I don't like that feeling either.........and being made to feel like a failure, whether it's in real life or a silly little game, by someone who just doesn't give a rat's azz about me???  Well, I'm no glutton for punishment or ill feelings........so lately, I've done alot to avoid that feeling.........
    You did a great job describing it, Sophia.  I suspect a whole lot of people will know EXACTLY what you're talking about.
  • So I just had 6 of my 8 trawlers come back from the deep sea with a nice load of fish.  I should be very happy about the day's production, right?  NOPE!  Because all those fish are worth exactly ZERO dollars!!  I have no contracts that will allow me to sell them.  And since I'm not about to add even more rotting fish to my already over-bloated inventory, I'm having to wait out all the fish pools that do not contain fish that will aid in the filling of contracts.  Which means 24 hours of not being able to play deep sea fishing.  Oh yes, I'm flushing all contracts every half  hour in hopes of getting one that will allow me to sell a few fish, but that occurs only rarely.

At this time, deep sea fishing is a game that prevents itself from being played.
    Every contract I get asks for Chum, nothing but different variations of chum.  I keep declining contracts, the new ones keep asking for chum.   I honestly can't remember the last time I saw one for actual fish.
  • Another super, duper excellent fish contract reward from GGS :(

• HeritageLady (US1)HeritageLady (US1) Posts: 44
    edited 04.09.2017
    There is a huge difference between the organic market and the fishing market. To fill organic market contracts, you get to CHOOSE which item to grow on your farm. If you want 10 apple orchards, you can have them. That makes it easy to fill contracts that want lots of apples. To fill fishing market contracts, you are stuck waiting (usually for days) for the appropriate fishing holes to show up in the fishing region. Everywhere else in the game, you get to decide how to develop your farm. Only in the fishing region are you stuck with what the game decides to give you. This is a completely unfair module in this game. The only thing that would make the fishing region fair at this point is to assign permanent fishing holes for each type of fish you can catch in the fishing region; OR give us the option to build and develop fishing holes in the fishing region (the same as apple orchards, etc.). That way we can CHOOSE which fish we want or need to fill fishing contracts and make items in the Mermaid Bay restaurant. 
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Other one... (Suitable for gambler who wants GML)

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

@gavinfarms (US1) @Surya54 (INT1)

sorry to intrude in your conversation guys, but is there any reason you choose this thread to talk about Village League ?

Could you please discuss only about Deep Sea Fishing and fish market in  here  instead ?

I have nearly 40 thousand herring and nearly 30 thousand lobster in my inventory, numbers growing without a chance to sell, nearly every market contract asks for clams  and/or oysters 

This situation is a disaster. Players are leaving the game and / or leaving coops. A few coops in our server are winding down 

I am still trying to understand if any comment in this thread (except the village league stuff) is being passed to GGS or not

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Not @PCA (GB1) if they saw this they must react this thread and the other one is in black list so this can't be shown to them :p:p:p:p
  • GGS should make the fish market as it was... what WOULD be an improvement that you have fish market AND you can sell your fish.

I am guessing GGS is not too worried about me having too much farm cash. :D   At least I hope not. :#  

@Shay1968 (US1)  Oh, you poor thing! Here's a Fuku coin for 'ya.  :D

lol… every time I see this I laugh, then get mad.   GG REALLY needs to rethink what they name stuff on here.

Fuku?   really?   Well after this whole fishing mess?   FukU 2.  
    This REALLY made me laugh too.  I am glad you re-posted it, gave me another laugh. It is the PERFECT image and caption.   And yes, the name of the coin is a bit ironic. 
  • I can't figure out what is going on with GGS.   The rest of the game is running much the same as it was before the DSF so why is DSF continuing to be a problem?  Why aren't they fixing the DSF?  The temporary fix isn't working and they know that .  The temporary fix isn't satisfying players.  In fact, the contracts,are an insult to serious players.  Not filling pools with fish ordered in contracts is strange.   It can't be a mistake, so why?  Is the purpose to discourage players?  I see the game as destruction from within.       
  • firewolf (INT1)firewolf (INT1) INT1 Posts: 41
    i have a question regarding deep sea fish changes. Where am i going to find money for temp farms if i cant sell fish?? consider it takes like 2-4 days to complete 1 fish market request because one pool doesnt contain 90 oysters... or give us 1 day to sell all the fish so we can make some starting capital...
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    i have a question regarding deep sea fish changes. Where am i going to find money for temp farms if i cant sell fish?? consider it takes like 2-4 days to complete 1 fish market request because one pool doesnt contain 90 oysters... or give us 1 day to sell all the fish so we can make some starting capital...
    The fish certainly did make it easier for some to do the temporary farms, but we've been playing the temp. farms long before the dockyard ever hit the scene.  If you are cranking out honey cream on the Flower Farm, for example, the temp farms are quite doable. :)
    There is a huge difference between the organic market and the fishing market. To fill organic market contracts, you get to CHOOSE which item to grow on your farm. If you want 10 apple orchards, you can have them. That makes it easy to fill contracts that want lots of apples. To fill fishing market contracts, you are stuck waiting (usually for days) for the appropriate fishing holes to show up in the fishing region. Everywhere else in the game, you get to decide how to develop your farm. Only in the fishing region are you stuck with what the game decides to give you. This is a completely unfair module in this game. The only thing that would make the fishing region fair at this point is to assign permanent fishing holes for each type of fish you can catch in the fishing region; OR give us the option to build and develop fishing holes in the fishing region (the same as apple orchards, etc.). That way we can CHOOSE which fish we want or need to fill fishing contracts and make items in the Mermaid Bay restaurant. 
    I think @HeritageLady (US1)  may have sparked an idea.  For the organic market we CAN plant extra apple trees to fill a contract.  Maybe we could have a 7th fishing hole available.  This hole could have a SMALL build time  and a VERY small farm cash fee and a choice on what type of fish we want to spawn, the time could be based on the rarity of the fish. And although a SMALL build time would be in place, it could give players a chance to catch exactly what they need in a shorter amount of time rather than waiting hours or days for a hole to open and the impatient players could use gold to fast forward it immediately, it could be a win /win situation for players and GGS.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    The same way as we did it over the years.... We built our farms slowly and played the temporary Island farms as from level 100 and when having enough millions (trying to play an island event under level 75 (I personally would even say: under level 100) and without having safed a lot of millions of dollars, would be foolish).

There was no DSF (with quick and easy cash) then ... we had to build things from scratch. When the organic market was launched we were over the moon; it works exactly like the fish market - in the beginning you didn't get such great contracts, but just continue using the market (nót declining all the contracts but pláying them) and you'll see the contracts get better. Already since years my organic market gives me more dollars then when selling my products directly (in fact I hardly ever sell things directly anymore in my daily farming) - and I expect the fish market to do the same (in fact, it does already). The contracts of the Organic market will indeed take me days or even weeks sometimes to complete them, and I don't expect the Fish market to work any differently.

IMHO this is a game of figuring out the right strategy, planning each step carefully ... and patience, a lot of patience ~ that's how the system works. And yes, first one has to invest money to get profit from it. I guess it's not for players who want things to be completed and/or levelled up very fast and want to earn millions of dollars in a very quick way.
    edited 04.09.2017
     Already since years my organic market gives me more dollars then when selling my products directly (in fact I hardly ever sell things directly anymore in my daily farming) - and I expect the fish market to do the same (in fact, it does already). The contracts of the Organic market will indeed take me days or even weeks sometimes to complete them, and I don't expect the Fish market to work any differently.

Someone posted the other day that he made more money selling his excess off or directly to customers than going through the organic market.  I ran the numbers on a few contracts, and 80% of my contracts (the ones without extra gifts attached), actually did pay less than selling off the excess.  And, of course, would pay even more when customers showed up.

Since then, I don't do as many contracts, and I do seem to making a little more each day than before.  It certainly is easier!
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Ok....i'm a soon to be lvl 190 player on INT 1.

I am not a low lvl player just chirping...iv'e seen lots on BF after I started playing.

Anyway..............just thought I should say that :)

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I can't figure out what is going on with GGS.   The rest of the game is running much the same as it was before the DSF so why is DSF continuing to be a problem?  Why aren't they fixing the DSF?  The temporary fix isn't working and they know that .  The temporary fix isn't satisfying players.  In fact, the contracts,are an insult to serious players.  Not filling pools with fish ordered in contracts is strange.   It can't be a mistake, so why?  Is the purpose to discourage players?  I see the game as destruction from within.       
    There is lots of stuff not right with this game.

How about the fact that we have a happy hour booster for runestones on a temp island that ends 12 hours before the booster even starts.

What about the WW champ rewards for being in the top 50 rank of the HWE. Rewards that do not good because the WW Champ is not running.

They are not fixing any of that either.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Just to lighten the mood :)

https://youtu.be/4ZV3kGRY1j0

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    It does feel like that @bdreish (GB1)  losing long standing players,  players leaving coops,  and @SophiaLorraine (US1) said what  I think  MOST of us are feeling and some players will always see pink fluffy clouds and rainbows they don't keep BF  in the green,  I don't get up for the HWE, like sophie  hunt in haphazard fashion  did not get hedgehog house never have missed getting a prize in event before but just don't care without caring, paying, players  we may all need to find a new game.  
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    It does feel like that @bdreish (GB1)  losing long standing players,  players leaving coops,  and @SophiaLorraine (US1) said what  I think  MOST of us are feeling and some players will always see pink fluffy clouds and rainbows they don't keep BF  in the green,  I don't get up for the HWE, like sophie  hunt in haphazard fashion  did not get hedgehog house never have missed getting a prize in event before but just don't care without caring, paying, players  we may all need to find a new game.  

Its the same for me @Damaria3(US1) - I also have always been ready for the events but this time my heart wasn't in it, even though I would have loved the hedgehog house :(  Haven't even bothered with the HWE, opened it for the seaweed and any points I have got after that has been accidental.  I am afraid that with the deafening silence from the hierarchy at GGS we may, as you said, need to find a new game.    
    What hedgehog house?
    What hedgehog house?
    From the Matilda Mushroom event.
    What hedgehog house?
    Oh,  I guess I did not even really pay attention to what the reward was.  I am color deficient and certainly don't have the best eyesight, I have a really hard time with some of those events, so often I don't bother with them.  Those events certainly are not ADA compliant LOL.  Thanks for the response.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    What hedgehog house?
    Oh,  I guess I did not even really pay attention to what the reward was.  I am color deficient and certainly don't have the best eyesight, I have a really hard time with some of those events, so often I don't bother with them.  Those events certainly are not ADA compliant LOL.  Thanks for the response.
    That deco was demolished in order to upgrade one of my better ones.  o:)
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    Still some fans for the present DSF market!
    Are they simply supporting GGF for everything blindly or am I missing something....
    Are they loving those 3 days to complete a Clams contract?
    Can they afford upgrading lab and lester with the present income....even half of the total levels in there lifetime?
    Try to call a shrimp 'a shrimp', IMHO ;)
    Still some fans for the present DSF market!
    Are they simply supporting GGF for everything blindly or am I missing something....
    Are they loving those 3 days to complete a Clams contract?
    Can they afford upgrading lab and lester with the present income....even half of the total levels in there lifetime?
    Try to call a shrimp 'a shrimp', IMHO ;)
    You nailed it, my friend! :)
Sign In to comment.