Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard Worker Event - "No Pain, No Gain" [Regular Version]

Comments

• Oh.  *makes petulant face*  I wanted more................

• kerrbear (US1)kerrbear (US1) US1 Posts: 38
    I remember seeing a spreadsheet or chart of some sort that showed what the hours would be when you collect certain items in the HWE. Does anyone know where I can find that?

Thanks
    kerri
  • xRedeyex (US1)xRedeyex (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    I noticed in the latest HWE it's giving farm points for the WWC which has already ended lol

I do so love this game 

• Hey...the hard worker event would be the fish hwe  this time....?? Why did the change it?
  • Why are there still bonuses for the WCC in the HWE when the points given are moot? Is it possible to actually give us bonuses that are, at least the minimum, useful?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    What are the "Farm Points Bonuses" that I got in the HWE?  Where are they stored or used for?
  • They were points used for the Worldwide Championship event from last month. I do not think that they have any value now.
    Hmmmm....those then were wasted.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    They were points used for the Worldwide Championship event from last month. I do not think that they have any value now.
    Less and less attention given this game in recent weeks.  That should tell us something, don't you think?
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    They were points used for the Worldwide Championship event from last month. I do not think that they have any value now.
    Less and less attention given this game in recent weeks.  That should tell us something, don't you think?
    I guess their whole spiel in their press release about paying more attention to their players was just a load of cow dung.  It certainly tells me they are not paying attention to the game or their players.  
    edited 02.09.2017
    I guess their whole spiel in their press release about paying more attention to their players was just a load of cow dung.  It certainly tells me they are not paying attention to the game or their players.  
    They are no longer even taking care of the basics.  Putting the title on "ignore."
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @TheBigDad (US1)    @artful (US1)   @FarmerCli (US1)    @Shay1968 (US1)

Guys, the WWC reward in the HWE event was an extra reward added at the time of the WWC.  
    Usually the HWE has 30 rewards, now it has 31.  

BUT, you lose absolutely nothing in the process - the extra reward was just grafted in between some of the regular rewards.  So all the usual rewards are still there.

For me, personally, if I had to choose between having an update or hot fix (with the associated down-time in the game and the potential for bugs slipping in) to add and take away unimportant stuff every time the HWE comes around, I'd prefer to just wave at the WWC reward as it flies by and get on with keeping George happy.

Added to which, if I had to choose between the developers spending their time fixing code to add and remove said (now useless) WWC reward, or, on the other hand, focussing their time and attention on getting the deep sea feature balanced and coded, etc ...  well, that's a no-brainer   :D
    Thanks, Rowdy!  :D
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Thank you Rowdy for reminding us that was just an added reward for the WWC and the bugs that could creep in if changed.  I would much rather have them working on the DSF and market.  Hopefully that is what they are doing.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 03.09.2017

For me, personally, if I had to choose between having an update or hot fix (with the associated down-time in the game and the potential for bugs slipping in) to add and take away unimportant stuff every time the HWE comes around, I'd prefer to just wave at the WWC reward as it flies by and get on with keeping George happy.

Added to which, if I had to choose between the developers spending their time fixing code to add and remove said (now useless) WWC reward, or, on the other hand, focussing their time and attention on getting the deep sea feature balanced and coded, etc ...  well, that's a no-brainer   :D
    I would rather have the WHOLE game work right. Even if it meant less events now and again so everything is UP TO DATE and proper.

The deep sea fish "IF  it was not suppose to have direct sales to begin with but a market instead" should never have been put into the game in the first place UNTIL it was the way it was complete and fully functioning. 

No excuse for having to take time away from other parts of the game to fix something that should not have been introduced broken to start with.

Post edited by stef7 (US1) on

I would rather have the WHOLE game work right. Even if it meant less events now and again so everything is up to date and proper.
    Agree.  I would like to see them fix a lot of the old stuff they let "fly" and quit releasing so many bugs, while they are at it.
  • nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    Does anyone know if the normal Hard Worker event will start later on  ... (midnight CEST) ?
  • wheeler (NL1)wheeler (NL1) NL1 Posts: 107
    Does anyone know if the normal Hard Worker event will start later on  ... (midnight CEST) ?
    i suppose it won't start at least the next 2 weeks
  • Tiedemann (SKN1)Tiedemann (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 19
    Plus they have changed the levelsystem again so now 65 level players are playing against levels up to 999.... No need to say this probably, but there is absolutely no point at all for me being in this event with players at level 350. I can´t even get the gauge up above 2 points a second with the new settings... I think I might spend my time on more valuable things then this game from now on :) To many bugs and to much BS....
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    has my farm level changed that much or has the regular HWE been reworked and not for the better?

my list so far:
    corn
    wildflowers
    milk   -- sped by in slightly over 1.5 hours - before this time i used to look for this or apples and hope it was late night because it would be my overnighter
    apples  -- 6 hours
    jasmine
    dani
    barley
    corn
    jasmine
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    the latter, I dunno what's going on but I have no chance at getting rank 50 or less anymore.... let alone it seems the 1.2 million for the GML's, the timer doesn't run for any meaningful amount of time for me for decent points/sec
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    has my farm level changed that much or has the regular HWE been reworked and not for the better?

my list so far:
    corn
    wildflowers
    milk   -- sped by in slightly over 1.5 hours - before this time i used to look for this or apples and hope it was late night because it would be my overnighter
    apples  -- 6 hours
    jasmine
    dani
    barley
    corn
    jasmine
    I have also observed the same. It seems that the products and the amounts might be the same than those for the new coop HWE, at least for the couple of products I have checked. Moreover, I have seen rutabaga, lambs lettuce and alfalfa which we didn't have pre coop HWE if I remember correctly.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    It has been well nerfed :'(  To be fair , it was expected and the old HWE dated back to when all farms were much smaller, and when that came in was probably very difficult . New challenge to work up to .
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    It has been changed. A friend of mine gave me a spreadsheet with the required quantities of goods to reach each points per second level. I had used this in the past to plan for the event. Before the event started I planted enough corn for 8 points per second. Or so I thought. I got 5. Most, if not everything, now require higher quantities. Plus they added new crops. Now I don't have enough fields to prepare ahead of time with the number of crops & the quantities needed. You can only do really well at this event with heavy seaweed & gold use.

This used to be my favorite event. Not anymore.
    It has been changed. A friend of mine gave me a spreadsheet with the required quantities of goods to reach each points per second level. I had used this in the past to plan for the event. Before the event started I planted enough corn for 8 points per second. Or so I thought. I got 5. Most, if not everything, now require higher quantities. Plus they added new crops. Now I don't have enough fields to prepare ahead of time with the number of crops & the quantities needed. You can only do really well at this event with heavy seaweed & gold use.

This used to be my favorite event. Not anymore.
    i know they added new crops but i only got 2 each time this ran before for the entire event  and not back to back dandies and barley 

yeah i liked this too oh well not going to get the gold or seaweed out of me even most SS are used up so...

• Plus they have changed the levelsystem again so now 65 level players are playing against levels up to 999.... No need to say this probably, but there is absolutely no point at all for me being in this event with players at level 350. I can´t even get the gauge up above 2 points a second with the new settings... I think I might spend my time on more valuable things then this game from now on :) To many bugs and to much BS....
    I think im with u on that seems like GGS is pushing the players away on purpose. There is less and less to enjoy in this game now.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I would like to mention a few things about this event.

It does look like they have added bad crops such as wheat and lamb's lettuce and made it overall more difficult to collect points while not improving the rewards. This is disappointing since we now have to deal with crops such as lamb's lettuce and wheat, which are very hard to get to high levels, last for long periods of time on lower levels and last for short periods of time on higher levels. I think it would be a good decision to remove those two items due to the fact they do not work well into combinations such as wildflowers - alfalfa - wheat or dandelions - lamb's lettuce. Also I notice that the 1st rank prize receives a not very impressive decoration, 2x2 decoration with 16 happiness. It is much easier to earn a decoration from the weekly event with higher happiness per square than that decoration or even earn one from one of the temporary farms excluding the candy farm, which give 30 happiness for the same size.

I think you need to make some changes to this event, lots of players worked hard for those gold mining licenses which were still possible for them although very difficult. Now it is no longer possible for a large number of them and players are quickly losing interest in this event while the general quality of it is being reduced due to the constant bugs and issues with it.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 16.01.2018
    ive just replied to the thread that thanked GGS for the old hw back

which of course it isn't its the coop hw, just done solo without the coop hw benefits but with the coop hw numbers and (useless) addtional items (as you've pointed out), ie the worst of both worlds

very poor form from ggs
    this is HWE on steroids and crack...
Sign In to comment.