Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• Players hold onto to their gold and Big Farm gets even by sending contracts difficult to fill.   A tug of war?  
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    I finally have 6 contracts and ALL of them are waiting for oysters.  Three of them only want oysters!  It is going to take me a long time to get so many oysters.  I suspect that one of the developers has a crush on me and is hoping they work as an aphrodisiac.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

I am guessing GGS is not too worried about me having too much farm cash. :D   At least I hope not. :#  

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770

I am guessing GGS is not too worried about me having too much farm cash. :D   At least I hope not. :#  

@Shay1968 (US1)  Oh, you poor thing! Here's a Fuku coin for 'ya.  :D

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507

Wow, you keep run your farm on 'danger' zone. I hope your farm get well soon.
  • Where is the challenge of providing all clam and shrimp contracts and no clams or shrimp in the deep sea???  I  just keep rejecting the contracts, I guess.  I am still mad about the changes and the impossibility of filling contracts makes me more angry.  If it keeps up, guess I will just demolish the extra boats for the money!

Wow, you keep run your farm on 'danger' zone. I hope your farm get well soon.
    @Surya54 (INT1)
    My farm is in the danger zone as a direct result of the DSF nerf.  My intention was to upgrade some of the decos I have left on my farm, however, all my fish are stuck in inventory; I did not have the opportunity to sell off my inventory.

@farmerjohn 22 (US1)  LOL,  thanks.  :D
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    @Shay1968 (US1) - Wow!!!  Hope the game is balanced more in your favour soon.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

@Shay1968 (US1)
    You may need to demolish a couple of fertile fields. Do you still have 30 fields?

@Shay1968 (US1)
    You may need to demolish a couple of fertile fields. Do you still have 30 fields?
    The fertile fields will have to stay, not just gonna throw gold to the wind.  I have been demolishing chickens, apples will be next.  If I get on a roll I might demolish everything except the fields, LOL.   I had the 30 fields before the DSF.  I added cows, pigs, apples & cherries when my farm was making enough cash from the DSF to support them. I changed my entire way of farming because when the DSF was implemented there was absolutely no indication that they forgot to add a market or that they were going to decide to nerf it after everyone spent their gold on upgrades for the dockyard and boats. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

@Shay1968 (US1)
    The fertile fields will have to stay, not just gonna throw gold to the wind.  I have been demolishing chickens, apples will be next.  If I get on a roll I might demolish everything except the fields, LOL.   I had the 30 fields before the DSF.  I added cows, pigs, apples & cherries when my farm was making enough cash from the DSF to support them. I changed my entire way of farming because when the DSF was implemented there was absolutely no indication that they forgot to add a market or that they were going to decide to nerf it after everyone spent their gold on upgrades for the dockyard and boats. 
    Hmmm.  Yes, I can see where you might be hesitant to demolish anything you paid gold for, but I don't see how you're ever going to get back in balance without demolishing a few of the lower level ones.  If you do that, you may be able to free up enough workers to demolish a house or two, then upgrade a few houses.  With as many houses as you have now, your happiness balance is all out of kilter, and no amount of deco upgrading will fix that. Then you can add back a few stables -- you should be able to support them without the fishing at some point.  After a bit, you should find the farm profitable. 
    I was doing fine before DSF came along. My happiness was above 80 in the green and I was able to do and complete the 2 deco events I like doing. I always avoided the island completely.  Got my horseshoes from events and just the 4 slot boat. Then when the DSF came along I started following the yellow brick road, I thought it was going to take me to see the wizard, little did I know it was leading to hell.  

I am just going to put my farm back the way it originally was.  1 pig, 5 cows, 2 apple trees, 1 cherry tree & my 30 fields.  When necessary I will build temp stables or orchards as I did in the past.  

I went from playing for hours a day to just checking in for projects and the adventure boat and to demolish something. I send empty boats out once in a great while,  not sure why, because I don't bother with the market and its over-rated trinkets; habit I guess. Been doing some work on the outside of the house.  I seem to find scrapping the paint off my front railing much more appealing than the game lately. 

I do appreciate everyone's help and advice and I thank you for it, but I am just gonna try to get back to the way things were before the DSF, maybe that will help with the desire to play again.  :::shrug:::: i dunno
    I was doing fine before DSF came along. My happiness was above 80 in the green and I was able to do and complete the 2 deco events I like doing. I always avoided the island completely.  Got my horseshoes from events and just the 4 slot boat. Then when the DSF came along I started following the yellow brick road, I thought it was going to take me to see the wizard, little did I know it was leading to hell.  

I am just going to put my farm back the way it originally was.  1 pig, 5 cows, 2 apple trees, 1 cherry tree & my 30 fields.  When necessary I will build temp stables or orchards as I did in the past.  

I went from playing for hours a day to just checking in for projects and the adventure boat and to demolish something. I send empty boats out once in a great while,  not sure why, because I don't bother with the market and its over-rated trinkets; habit I guess. Been doing some work on the outside of the house.  I seem to find scrapping the paint off my front railing much more appealing than the game lately. 

I do appreciate everyone's help and advice and I thank you for it, but I am just gonna try to get back to the way things were before the DSF, maybe that will help with the desire to play again.  :::shrug:::: i dunno
    Understood.  Didn't mean to be preachy.  Hugs.

Understood.  Didn't mean to be preachy.  Hugs.
    No worries artful.  Never took it as preachy.  Like I said, I do appreciate your help and advice.  : )
    This whole DSF just threw me out of whack a bit.  
    <3
  • Magic (AU1)Magic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 43
    What is the point of the Mermaid Bay other than to get fishing xps?

The production costs of the items are almost the same as the selling price of the finished products. When you count the cost of the raw fish, isn't it a loss making activity?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

The production costs of the items are almost the same as the selling price of the finished products. When you count the cost of the raw fish, isn't it a loss making activity?

I sell the products from the Mermaid Bay at the end of every day, you can get some very useful farm cash from the proceeds :)
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

upgrade the Mermaid Bay for higher profits

It is profitable but not hugely so :-)

• grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Can you believe it? A lobster contract!
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Nice...I would like a lobster contract....Of course it would have to have an appealing reward, otherwise I will flush the contract...sorry!

Scroll down and you'll find a very handy profit chart which should help you.

http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/mermaid_bay.htm
  • Artful, your link was very helpful.  I discovered that the best return for my money and fish is the Maui-Maui in Lemon Sauce recipe.  I had been making Sushi and thought it was best.   Thank you!  I sent your link to everyone in my co-op.  

Artful, your link was very helpful.  I discovered that the best return for my money and fish is the Maui-Maui in Lemon Sauce recipe.  I had been making Sushi and thought it was best.   Thank you!  I sent your link to everyone in my co-op.  

Crazy Big Farms is the one to thank -- she did all the work! :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Making fish tacos, and crab patties is good for the jetty for personal box.  Remember  xmas will be here soon and you will need to have your barns full of goodies to do the SWL  so don't give up on making items
    Making fish tacos, and crab patties is good for the jetty for personal box.  Remember  xmas will be here soon and you will need to have your barns full of goodies to do the SWL  so don't give up on making items
    @Damaria3 (US1)
    Thank you for the reminder to fill up barns for the SWL.  I always try to keep mine full but I am sure many tend to sell off what they have for upgrades and such.

Fish tacos are a good trade for the jetty personal donations.  The carp patties tend to require far too many.  I try to stick with the fish tacos and apple turnovers, their required ingredients and turnaround time is less of a loss in profits.   The calculations below are based on level 1 Jetty.  Level 2 is 54% increase for personal donations and there are some added products but it is basically the same formula.  Fish tacos are definitely the best option.

Bakery Products  Profit per Hour   Profit per Unit  Yarnacle Expects            Cost 
    Apple turnovers            41,103.16      84.81 120              35,280
    Almond muffins            15,200.60     111.34 112              35,280  
    Flower Shop  Profit per Hour   Profit per Unit  Yarnacle Expects           Cost 
    Summer Bouquet            12,839.33     199.58 190              38,380
    Wild Flower Bouquet            15,710.67     141.96 269              38,736
    Mermaid Bay  Profit per Hour   Profit per Unit  Yarnacle Expects           Cost 
    Charred bonito tacos              9,936.00     78.86 127              23,622
    Roasted bass & apples              6,399.00    278.22 103              60,564
    Carp patty            21,424.00    202.11 900            343,800
    Fresh bluefish buffet            23,056.00    1,646.86 186            508,524
    Village  Profit per Hour VD   Profit per Unit VD  Yarnacle Expects             Cost 
    Cherry cookies            46,528.00   6,646.86 5              90,000
  • The fishing ponds in the ocean are more balanced?  Are you kidding???   I have clams and shrimp  in all the contracts but none in my ocean!  Must be fun for you ppl!  

All of my ships are sitting at the dock until  there is a point to send them out,  *&@#$###

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

When I actually started this boat, it completed in the proper amount of time.  The error was only on the window display above.
    U r using too much Roy  if u want u catch 114 shrimp then I think 3Roy are good or 4
    I mean u need one bait for shrimp 7 brigget and 4 roy then u can accomplish the task more quickly @gavinfarms (US1)
    This was done to make the error very clear.  It is not meant to suggest that you can only catch shrimp this way.  However, there are a couple of circumstances, in which this is an ideal setup for shrimp.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 04.09.2017
    GGS.....Please fix this.

We had a junior member of the coop accidentally start a VL challenge.  This member was not a deputy.  This power needs to be limited to deputies.  It would be ideal if this were a power that could be designated to only a few deputies.  But the current setup, where a member of 30 days can start the VL, is terrible.  It is especially awful when you reach a high rank, where starting these things must include some strategy.  So on a Saturday night of Labor Day weekend, with the HW running, a terrible basket of things is suddenly required.

Also, if not, then give the leader the requirement of "seconding" it before it starts.  But the current setup is bad...very, very bad.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I recommend to make a vote before starting VL Challenge, decide which challenge basket would be suit for everyone. Also, the 'leader' hold up until he/she can deciding the challenge can be played with everyone in the coop
    except for timers, i wish they'd get rid of them altogether
Sign In to comment.