Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Big Farm Forums: All your questions here

Comments

• Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    Thank You so much Wascally Wabbit, sorry it took so long to answer you. As I try to get on Forum everyday but I am usually looking at things, but I will try that for searches. Thank You again.
  • I hope I'm in the right place to state a problem I'm having with the Happy Hour. Before the time even comes up I have an X in the last time slot for today, yesterday and the day before.I,m sure I am not the only one with this problem. Please help me and let me know via game email, due to the fact I can not open my regular email. Thank you!
  • @Tweety Farm (US1) You have to sign in all 3 time periods, the X means you missed one of them. 

• OOPS!  @WascallyWabbit   FYI.....I came to the forum -directly from my game to pick up on pg. 68 on this discussion and I could only get to page 11! ---What happened??? :o  Did GGS delete all our discussions??? :s :'
    I tried closing it and going back to it several times-ended at page 11. :' ( I had cleared cashes and reloaded the game(do this a lot routinely all the time) (just in case those last mushrooms were hiding in a possible display error--found them all--some were really tough!), recently, did it 2 more times and still could only get to page 11. GRRR... :s Using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.  So, closed it all up again and went to Microsoft Edge, went to Forum from the game, still had to login to the forum, but there were all 69 pages!! Yeah!!!   :)
     So, I came back to Google Chrome and TA DA, 69 pages are back again!!   :)

Just letting you all know that if this happens to you GGS did NOT delete all those pages of our discussion!  Try the "Big Farm Fix", clear cashes, reload game, reboot computer, try again, try a different browser, then post in forum to learn what's happening!   :#
    It was just the Big Farm Bugs at it once again!!!  LOL  Wasted a lot of my time!   :s  Sorry GGS that I thought you might have deleted all our posts, just things have been so bad recently, trust is broken.   :(  Sad.... :'(
  • @Craftycritters (US1)  Thank you for your post, (I have moved it here so that it doesn't get lost in that long discussion thread) That is very worrying, have not heard of that happening before & we will be looking into it. Please let us know if it happens again. :)
  • Frankie59 (US1)Frankie59 (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    Please put the most recent comments, discussions, i.e. all the stuff related to the forum to the top of the page.  It is enormously irritating to have to go to the end of all the pages to find recent items.  Surely that cannot be a major alteration for competent programmers!!!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Please put the most recent comments, discussions, i.e. all the stuff related to the forum to the top of the page.  It is enormously irritating to have to go to the end of all the pages to find recent items.  Surely that cannot be a major alteration for competent programmers!!!
    Forum is a service run by another company outside of GGS.  GGS programmers have no access to the inner workings.  Clicking on "recent discussions" should help.
  • @Frankie59 (US1)  I couldn't agree more, from the very 1st day that we moved to this forum, my 1st request was that they add the option to sort posts with latest 1st instead of latest last, as that is a basic function on any forum I have ever belonged to & I know there are several players that prefer to show latest 1st. Unfortunately, that is not down to GGS, it has to be changed by Vanilla & we are still waiting. :/

It is still on the list of feature requests that we send to Vanilla, maybe one day they will surprise us & it will suddenly appear in an update.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    This forum seems to be a farce because you don't know where to post concern because they don't delete anything, you don't know where to place you're concerns/complaints as GGS deems it should be & players really don't know the full function of it capabilities (ex. constant, immediate possible fixes). I have also determined the constant issues that come with maintenance, upgrades, etc. is on purpose or they really don't know what they're doing. How can you have the same issues when applying the same events, new events, etc.? There's only 3 reasons I can think of you don't care, don't know what you're doing, or on purpose. Which applies GGS?  
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    edited 09.09.2017
    This forum seems to be a farce because you don't know where to post concern because they don't delete anything, you don't know where to place you're concerns/complaints as GGS deems it should be & players really don't know the full function of it capabilities (ex. constant, immediate possible fixes). I have also determined the constant issues that come with maintenance, upgrades, etc. is on purpose or they really don't know what they're doing. How can you have the same issues when applying the same events, new events, etc.? There's only 3 reasons I can think of you don't care, don't know what you're doing, or on purpose. Which applies GGS?  
    I can only guess who ever flagged you was an employee (for now) of GG.  

Your question is valid though.   What reason is there for all the problems, bugs, hot fixes, angry players.
    Don't care,
    Don't know what they are doing,
    On purpose.

I'd like to know which one of those it is too.  Though I'd guess it's a little bit of all of them depending on what department your talking to.
    Just be glad this is only a game and not your bank making foul ups like this.

(edited;  darn typos.)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 09.09.2017
    I can only guess who ever flagged you was an employee (for now) of GG.  

The person flagging so many of these posts is likely a 'mod wannabe' who feels the need to point out every negative comment on the forum by flagging them.

Many of us have the same concerns as @noisy (US1) about the reasons for non-resolution of long-standing issues.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    Black flags are from someone or several people who do not dare to speak out on the forum,
    terribly childish to do it with black flags,
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 09.09.2017
    Black flags are from someone or several people who do not dare to speak out on the forum,

It a waste of the moderators time to flag posts you don't agree with.  It is meant to be used for vile, abusive, spam  posts and images.  
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197

It a waste of the moderators time to flag posts you don't agree with.  It is meant to be used for vile, abusive, spam  posts and images.  
    What it was meant to be used for and how it is currently being used by some individuals  are two very different creatures today...sadly. 
  • This forum seems to be a farce because you don't know where to post concern because they don't delete anything, you don't know where to place you're concerns/complaints as GGS deems it should be & players really don't know the full function of it capabilities (ex. constant, immediate possible fixes). I have also determined the constant issues that come with maintenance, upgrades, etc. is on purpose or they really don't know what they're doing. How can you have the same issues when applying the same events, new events, etc.? There's only 3 reasons I can think of you don't care, don't know what you're doing, or on purpose. Which applies GGS?  
    @noisy (US1)  As your question is predominantly about how the forum works, it has been moved here, which is the main thread for asking questions about the forum & the answer is that, if you have a topic you wish to discuss or ask about, you should first look to see if there is already a thread for that topic & if you don`t find one, just start a new discussion in the section called General discussions & questions.  We are well aware that the search feature is far from perfect, in fact it is far from even adequate & if you do start a new thread, when one already exists, it is far easier for us (the mods) to merge them together, that it is for us to keep pulling off-topic posts from totally unrelated discussions & moving them where they should be - So if in doubt, always start a new thread. :)

As for things being deleted or even edited, we do not  just do that because we do not like what is being said, we moderate posts based entirely on the Community Guidelines, so if you have criticisms, concerns, negative opinions etc provided they are posted in a respectful way, they do not get removed just because they may not agree with actions taken by GGS. So if you do wish to ask about what causes so many things to go wrong after every update, I would suggest posting your question in the Developer's Treehouse & hopefully one of the devs will get some time to answer it for you. :)

Which brings me to another topic, which has been raised, again, in the reactions to your post (from which the flag has been removed)  & this is addressed to everyone: FLAGS ARE FOR ALERTING MODERATORS TO POSTS WHICH ARE IN BREACH OF THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES - I do not know how many times we have to say this, but it is getting ridiculous now. If someone posts something that you do not like or do not agree with, you can post a response to them or you can ignore it, you DO NOT flag it. Since it has become apparent that several people are unclear on what is against the guidelines, I would suggest that you all just stop using the flags, unless you see a post that is so offensive, that it is, without doubt, clear to everyone that it needs to be removed from the forum ASAP.  We read all the posts & if something needs to be modded, we will find it, so in most cases it not necessary for anyone to flag it for us & we are very fortunate on this forum, that cases of very serious abuse or offence are rare & so there should be very few flags on the board at all. The current trend of flagging each other as a form of harassment is not only against the Community Guidelines, it is a complete waste of our time, which would much rather be spending answering your questions or doing things like forum contests.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Also you can put a poster on ignore if you want to.  I have never used this however, cause I am just too nosey :smiley:
  • deleted....please read old / new posting rules 
    So I am feeling a bit paranoid to write a thing now...ones writing can be misconstrued on many levels ...even you mods have had to ask what someone meant in a particular post before deciding what to do.  So if you at all dislike a post from someone or you misunderstood it in the past...it  could keep your mind clouded regarding their  future post.  In which I myself have fallen into....when you cannot converse directly with a person to read body languages and expression it can be hard to interpret at times.  

In fact I have come across  many a post that I have thought quite humorous  AND agreed with.   I have been thorn on which to mark, I would have enjoyed marking both  :) ...so I think your saying, if you don't think it was funny but I do, .... I could get banned.   We are individual and none think exactly alike at all times. 

You did away with the "dislike"  because it hurt feelings...leaning toward removal of flagging and LOL now.  Because you say both were & are being abused. Now the threat of warnings & then banning, to follow a ghost forum I'm afraid...or select few.  :/    I don't think anyone wants to see that happen.  B)

Agree @SANDRAUser60  All I can say is this is gonna turn into a silent forum for fear of being banned.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 11.09.2017

Which brings me to another topic, which has been raised, again, in the reactions to your post (from which the flag has been removed)  & this is addressed to everyone: FLAGS ARE FOR ALERTING MODERATORS TO POSTS WHICH ARE IN BREACH OF THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES - I do not know how many times we have to say this, but it is getting ridiculous now. If someone posts something that you do not like or do not agree with, you can post a response to them or you can ignore it, you DO NOT flag it. Since it has become apparent that several people are unclear on what is against the guidelines, I would suggest that you all just stop using the flags, unless you see a post that is so offensive, that it is, without doubt, clear to everyone that it needs to be removed from the forum ASAP.  We read all the posts & if something needs to be modded, we will find it, so in most cases it not necessary for anyone to flag it for us & we are very fortunate on this forum, that cases of very serious abuse or offence are rare & so there should be very few flags on the board at all. The current trend of flagging each other as a form of harassment is not only against the Community Guidelines, it is a complete waste of our time, which would much rather be spending answering your questions or doing things like forum contests.
    I would have loled this post as there is a part which I find extremely ridiculous, beyond expressing in a few words. When reading further I decided to quote the part which i wholeheartedly agree with. I'm grateful that the flag issue has finally been addressed instead of just deleting posts reffering to their abuse. This has long been overdue and hopefully will lead to correction. Very well worded clarification which everybody should now be able to understand. Hopefully anyway, as we know there are some of those ............. :) In case somebody still finds the above clarification a bit difficult to understand, I'm taking liberty to further simplify it for you ............ :)

WascallyWabbit said:

... you all just stop using the flags ...

unless you see a post that is so offensive, that it is, without doubt, clear to everyone that it needs to be removed from the forum ASAP. 
    :)

Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @SANDRAUser60 (US1)

It is not really difficult at all to distinguish between a genuine LOL and a sarcastic LOL.

However, it may be safest, for anyone who fears they don't understand this distinction, to just keep away from the LOL button completely  :)
  • Agree @SANDRAUser60  All I can say is this is gonna turn into a silent forum for fear of being banned.
    @MRG1 (US1)  Some additional info to clarify  the LOL issue -  The problem is where some people have taken to use it to ridicule posts, which are clearly not meant to be funny & it has become such a big problem on some of the other forums that there have been requests to remove the button. We are very much opposed to that idea & think that it is a fun addition to the forum, so feel free to keep LOL'ing "with" each other, just not "at" each other in a mean way. :)
    Many of my comments have been sarcastically LOL'd.  I could care less.
    You already removed the 'Dislke' key, because it hurts people's feelings. I guess that the only choice is to now get into a heated debate, but be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings. 
  • Many of my comments have been sarcastically LOL'd.  I could care less.
    You already removed the 'Dislke' key, because it hurts people's feelings. I guess that the only choice is to now get into a heated debate, but be careful not to hurt anyone's feelings. 

This is perfect example of liking what was said & thinking it was funny also (highlighted part)  :p  

Hey, who opened this can of worms...grab your poles...let's go fishing   :#
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 11.09.2017
    I think this whole issue of LOL is a bit inflated. Who's gonna tell me what I am supposed to find funny, ridiculous, hilarious or just laughable?  LOL is just LOL. It's not an abuse, it's not a harrassment.  This is multicultural environment. How many of you understand English sense of humor, for example? Not even many of us Brittons do ......... lol Or do I understand Indian sense of humor? .....  After all it's not my fault that this forum doesn't give me any other option then "like" or "lol". On top of that I find it arrogant and insulting when somebody wants to judge my motives without knowing me.  While flags needed to be addressed, in case of LOL don't create problem where there is none. Just relax. If somebody finds one of my post funny, so what? I like collecting LOLs, it's positive. Stop making drama of somebody laughing. Have a good laugh guys. :) Even this forum will be much better place if some people stop taking themselves too seriously. :

[Please see PM |Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Agree @SANDRAUser60  All I can say is this is gonna turn into a silent forum for fear of being banned.
    @MRG1 (US1)  Some additional info to clarify  the LOL issue -  The problem is where some people have taken to use it to ridicule posts, which are clearly not meant to be funny & it has become such a big problem on some of the other forums that there have been requests to remove the button. We are very much opposed to that idea & think that it is a fun addition to the forum, so feel free to keep LOL'ing "with" each other, just not "at" each other in a mean way. :)
    But Wascilly....GGS have sucked the fun out of the forum and the game....

So now players are cross. And they end up either:

1. Quitely leaving the game. Never to be heard from again.
    2. Fighting for the game. And its longevity. These are those that get into crap all the time.

Why are we even discussing this?????

Players know whats happening. Players that really enjoy BF like me.
    So, tell, GGS to bring the FUN back into the game.

Think about this:

BF has been a favorite, relaxing game for many disabled people out there.
    Cause that is all most of them can do.

THINK.

Good night.
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    Why LOL is the problem.. are peolpe with lots off LOL's   going to be banned or something. Im getting lols and Im not even joking here. should I be worried  
  • SANDRAUser60 (US1)SANDRAUser60 (US1) US1 Posts: 539
    edited 11.09.2017
    So should we start posting our thoughts on our own home page or is that not private enough..?  How about at our "groups", if your not a member you can't read it ...right ? 

• Why LOL is the problem.. are peolpe with lots off LOL's   going to be banned or something. Im getting lols and Im not even joking here. should I be worried  
    No you should not be worried about having too many LOLs :)

@ Everyone, if you are a not breaking the Community Guidelines, then you have nothing to worry about, we are simply informing you all that we will be doing what we can to make the forum a more friendly & welcoming place, so if that is what you want too, then we are all on the same page. :)
  • So should we start posting our thoughts on our own home page or is that not private enough..?  How about at our "groups", if your not a member you can't read it ...right ? 

@SANDRAUser60 (US1) You can set your group to be either open or private. Anyone can join an open group. :)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 12.09.2017
    If policing people's LOL's is now is now a priority  how far into the depths of hades have we fallen. I am shaking and scratching my head trying to understand then I remember enough said.   PS  sometimes I LOL because  if I did not try to see some humor in something I might become a stark raving lunatic!

Another thought  I never get upset or feel insulted by any LOL I have received, if a person gets upset by seeing someone LOL  their post maybe they to look at why they are upset and feel the need to air it here. 
    Post edited by Damaria3 (US1) on
Sign In to comment.