Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Being that I am not a programmer, I am not sure how difficult those kinds of things are....it might be like breaking an egg into a bowl and then trying to put it back into the shell without breaking the yolk...maybe the direct approach you are suggesting is undoable like my broken egg illustration, but maybe having to go through and do an indirect  workaround through digits and data might be what they are doing, I don't know.....So I wait and see.
    Why would someone flag this?

Not one thing said was derogatory and it is not spam.

Someone goes around flagging post that have said nothing wrong and that is unfair. I get flagging if there was cussing, nasty talk, something derogatory but it seem like someone goes and flags for no reason at all. Maybe there should be a you flag to much cage.  
    I certainly did not mean my original post as anything derogatory, it is just that I understand that a game like this must truly be so very complex that the folks must have to be working very hard and we should not expect a simple turn of a switch to fix everything and that we should be patient with the experts and let them do what is needed.  I apologize if it was taken wrongly.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 31.08.2017
    Being that I am not a programmer, I am not sure how difficult those kinds of things are....it might be like breaking an egg into a bowl and then trying to put it back into the shell without breaking the yolk...maybe the direct approach you are suggesting is undoable like my broken egg illustration, but maybe having to go through and do an indirect  workaround through digits and data might be what they are doing, I don't know.....So I wait and see.

Someone goes around flagging post that have said nothing wrong and that is unfair. I get flagging if there was cussing, nasty talk, something derogatory but it seem like someone goes and flags for no reason at all. Maybe there should be a you flag to much cage.  
    I certainly did not mean my original post as anything derogatory, it is just that I understand that a game like this must truly be so very complex that the folks must have to be working very hard and we should not expect a simple turn of a switch to fix everything and that we should be patient with the experts and let them do what is needed.  I apologize if it was taken wrongly.
    That is my point you said nothing wrong and yet someone flagged your post.  
    Post edited by stef7 (US1) on

I apologize to those or to the one who flagged my original message...I was truly not trying to be derogatory or demeaning to the programmers of Big Farm....I was just trying to express how complicated it all really must be and that we should let them do their work in peace.  <3o:)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324

I apologize to those or to the one who flagged my original message...I was truly not trying to be derogatory or demeaning to the programmers of Big Farm....I was just trying to express how complicated it all really must be and that we should let them do their work in peace.  <3o:)
    Personally, I don't think you should have to apologize for anything.  You were not attacking anyone.  
    This is a forum, a place for feedback.  While the forum is most often used to get answers and help others, it also serves to let GGS know what their players are thinking.  So, if something is crap it needs to be known so the developers can make changes.  If there are things are constantly having issues, GGS needs to know so they can hire someone that can do it right. When the dockyard was released so many players posted their praise and thanks to GGS, so many were relieved they finally had a way to progress and many really liked the idea and fun of fishing with the boats.   Everyone may feel different about different aspects of the game, and everyone has a right to express what they are feeling and why they are feeling that way. With as much anger and disappointment as their has been over the DSF, I am very surprised there has been no major abuse.  Players have actually been VERY well mannered about all of this.  Even when players disagree, they tend to disagree politely.  I am proud to be part of this forum, you people are awesome!
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    It seems the format of deep sea fishing is here to stay , but would respectfully ask that fishing holes include an even spread of all the fish available , seems to be more herring and tuna than anything else, maybe more holes , or is it just seasonal Ha Ha , please consider
    Well, I think they are trying....I just got 2 pools with the swordfish group in it....so maybe you will too! Keep up the hopeful heart!  <3o:)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well… I've joined the laying low crowd.  Use to play for hours on end.  Now?  What's the point?  I harvest my farms, MAYBE send out empty boats, maybe not. And I'm done.  Most contracts get trashed.  (Water drops? Really? What real fish market trades their hard earned cash for drops of water?  THIS is "balance?" NOT.)

What ever.   It was a fun corner of the game, but one I can let go easy enough.  Empty boats get what ever fish jumps in.  Ghost ships. 

PHOEY!  

I keep hoping someone at GG wakes up and realizes you can't give people something, let them work hard, invest game time and dollars, then rip it away and not expect backlash.
    Obviously GG isn't listening and doesn't care.    It's ok.  Plenty of other things to do, other games on line, or better still, shut down the computer and go outside.   

And yet, I got another survey.   Straight to the trash that went.  Didn't even open it.  Total waste of time that is.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    U see this???
    Is this offer OK BTW I still complete it because I have soooo much tunaaaaas
    Well, I think they are trying....I just got 2 pools with the swordfish group in it....so maybe you will too! Keep up the hopeful heart!  <3o:)
    I got one poll daily of cod Solomon and sword and 3 pools of tuna herring 2 pools of lobster if not then 1 lobster 1 clam  :p:p:p they are listening and doing the same job as we ask to do we said please made some changes so we have atleast one pool sword to complete daily task here we have u can complete ur daily one now
    Now its time to say send us some clam shrimp oyster pool so we can fill our contracts hope so they listen to this as well and then the moment I go online I saw 3 oyster clam shrimp pool :D:D
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The pools are no longer an issue for me, there's a reasonably even spread since the temporary change. The frustrating thing (apart from being scammed and lied to by GGS on a regular basis) is the water contracts, seriously??? I could just collect from fields and get more water droplets within minutes...are the numbers people really THAT stupid or are they relying on our stupidity to actually do these contracts???
    The pools are no longer an issue for me, there's a reasonably even spread since the temporary change. The frustrating thing (apart from being scammed and lied to by GGS on a regular basis) is the water contracts, seriously??? I could just collect from fields and get more water droplets within minutes...are the numbers people really THAT stupid or are they relying on our stupidity to actually do these contracts???
    No its not the stupidity its our fate u just have to accept it just dil the contracts and waste the fishes first I don't have any hope from ggs like they said the higher the value of the market u will be given with a better rewards just assuming that so I am doing for that drop of water to go and check for myself what's gonna happen to my game 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Too smart for that, why waste hundreds of thousands of dollars for "a better contract" (in GGS eyes) to get what? A fuku coin? A token or two? They made fuku coin drops extremely rare just so they can now offer it as a reward in contract. What will contracts be offering in level 50+.....100 corn? 50 cabbage? Its going nowhere great at the moment....but thats my opinion
    Oh yeah so lucky  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 01.09.2017
    I cant really understand why you are all still persevering with the DSF. If something annoys you so much just leave it alone and dont bother with it.  I am afraid that you are playing right into GGS's hands - they WANT you to continue playing it and will turn around and tell you that the majority of people are playing it so it must be working properly.  Am SOOO glad I demolished my fleet, there is plenty to do on the farm without trying to fish in an unbalanced game. Just my opinion :)
  • Jeff1526 (US1)Jeff1526 (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    so the deep sea fish is still a joke. every single contract I get wants oysters, yet I have not had an oyster/shrimp/clam pool in 3 days
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Everyone live with their own opinion. Some of them just do what you want to do, while the others can't. Same with DSF Nerf, you can demolish your fleet then quit the game, or take a risk on fish market, or just enjoy what you want. Sometimes there are some situations where you need to choose between yes or no. It's up to you to play this game or not, we're not forced to play this game forever, we just want to play what we can enjoy it, not to add your risk in your real life
  • kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    Well said, Surya54!
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 01.09.2017

Players are trying and providing feedback which eventually will help the DEVs re-balance this unfortunate part of the game

Demolishing the fleet instead won't  help revive the gaming experience

I agree with @gizmo22 (AU1) that the pools now provide more variety, even tho I think they still need some tuning

The part that needs a total revision instead is the fish market:

- it would help to have more contracts with just 1 or 2 items

- too many contracts include oysters and clams, even declining some is of little or no help as we keep getting more requests for crustaceans

- we need direct fish sale.  Direct sales would help fix the imbalance created by market contracts, and provide an alternative, give the choice of how to play back to individual players

Everyone live with their own opinion. Some of them just do what you want to do, while the others can't. Same with DSF Nerf, you can demolish your fleet then quit the game, or take a risk on fish market, or just enjoy what you want. Sometimes there are some situations where you need to choose between yes or no. It's up to you to play this game or not, we're not forced to play this game forever, we just want to play what we can enjoy it, not to add your risk in your real life

The reason I posted what I did is that the majority of opinion on this thread is that it is a money/time waster and even the higher levels of contracts are not very good, yet you all come on here and moan about it.  If EVERYONE who moaned about it stopped playing the DSF - there is no need to quit the game just because you don't play one part of it and demolish the fleet - maybe, just maybe, GGS would realise that there is something wrong with it.  It is clear that GGS are not backing down on this, they will just drop little crumbs of hope of something being changed, but nothing changes. If the majority are enjoying the game (DSF) as it is I don't understand why there are so many complaints about the contracts.  I am not saying that you are complaining about the contracts, but hope that you can understand what I mean.  Happy Farming :)

• I am still mad about the changes to the deep sea fishing.  It is all about gold for you programmers and I don't understand other players wanting to make this work!  I was finally having fun in this game and now it is back to being a grind.  Not only that, the contracts all call for clams and there are  few if any clams in my ocean!  I suppose that is  considered a 'challenge'.  I consider it frustration.   

I am in Big Farm rehab most of the day now.  May quit fishing until it becomes less frustrating.  What is the point?  Upgrading is still way too expensive, as is stocking the boats.
  • Jeff1526 (US1)Jeff1526 (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    PCA (GB1) said:

Players are trying and providing feedback which eventually will help the DEVs re-balance this unfortunate part of the game

Demolishing the fleet instead won't  help revive the gaming experience

I agree with @gizmo22 (AU1) that the pools now provide more variety, even tho I think they still need some tuning

The part that needs a total revision instead is the fish market:

- it would help to have more contracts with just 1 or 2 items

- too many contracts include oysters and clams, even declining some is of little or no help as we keep getting more requests for crustaceans

- we need direct fish sale.  Direct sales would help fix the imbalance created by market contracts, and provide an alternative, give the choice of how to play back to individual players

not sure where you get that the pools are now providing more variety. for the last 4 days all I have gotten are lobster and herring/tuna.  I finish one and they just replace it with the same thing. there is no variety. I agree the contracts are screwed, every contract wants oysters yet they won't give me a pool to fish from.  totally destroyed a good thing because they seen a drop in gold being spent, pure greed plain and simple
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 01.09.2017
    PCA (GB1) said:

not sure where you get that the pools are now providing more variety. for the last 4 days all I have gotten are lobster and herring/tuna.  I finish one and they just replace it with the same thing. there is no variety. I agree the contracts are screwed, every contract wants oysters yet they won't give me a pool to fish from.  totally destroyed a good thing because they seen a drop in gold being spent, pure greed plain and simple

I also have tremendous amounts of herring and lobsters, 10s of thousands accumulating in my inventory with no chance to get proper market orders, so as I said there is need for direct sale, I can't see another solution to this matter

With the hotfix made just prior to the fish HWE the composition and frequency of the pools has changed a lot compared to previous update. I just had 2 new pools with swordfish Swordfish was 5% of total pool content, now it is higher, and it allows to fill some markets orders

Pools are not perfect, need more tuning, but there is an improvement over the unpopular update, the worst idea GGS has had in a while
  • These contracts are unacceptable, quit generating them.

I borrowed Oleg's rowboat to fish in the deepsea.

So, Shay1968, how many swordfish did Oleg's rowboat bring you?  If it works I may try it!  :D
    edited 02.09.2017

So, Shay1968, how many swordfish did Oleg's rowboat bring you?  If it works I may try it!  :D
    LOL  It brought in 9 Lobster.

Edited to add:   Every time I go to the DSF area the icons are way off and there always seems to be one over Oleg's rowboat. In the lower right corner of the image shows a smidgen of my Trawler that the icon is supposed to be over.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

When I actually started this boat, it completed in the proper amount of time.  The error was only on the window display above.

When I actually started this boat, it completed in the proper amount of time.  The error was only on the window display above.
    U r using too much Roy  if u want u catch 114 shrimp then I think 3Roy are good or 4
    I mean u need one bait for shrimp 7 brigget and 4 roy then u can accomplish the task more quickly @gavinfarms (US1)
  • xRedeyex (US1)xRedeyex (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    edited 02.09.2017
    I think this pic shows why so many people are upset with the rebalancing of the fishing, and these prices are just for deco's lol, (sorry not really funny I just laugh when I'm pissed off!!!)

How can I (or anyone for that matter) afford these stupidly outragous prices, especially for the decos with village happiness. what a freak'n joke.

I'm lvl 96 and with all the upgrading at the ridiculously outragous prices most of the things on my farms aren't even half way updated and I only have 90,000,000 IGC,  Please GGS explain to me how you rebalanced this game again.

Post edited by xRedeyex (US1) on
    It was rebalanced in the favour of GGS - now come on, we cant be allowed to have TOO much farm cash can we ;) 
Sign In to comment.