Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New deep sea fishing system Price&Cost Chart (Need some Feedback&Help too)

Comments

• Notice:

Removed the older version of extra prizes costs table, and added the new version. (since extra prizes and their costs seems to have changed alot after the recent hotfix).
    Let me know if you notice any mistakes in the current table, or if you found "new prices/costs" and/or "new extra prize types" so that we can update the table again.

----
    Kamilcom (GB1) tagged you so you notice the change too as i saw your previous post. sorry for a bit late reply was a bit busy didn't have time to update and re-post the table sooner(needed time to confirm some prices first, it seems like fish prices still are correct but extra prizes cost and type have majorly changed).
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 27.08.2017
    Confirmed, Rose seeds price at $382500

I also calculating the contract that offer 5 waters and $1,9M cash. It requiring 10 Tuna chum, 90 Tuna, 92 Salmon, 53 Cod and guess what? 1 Water price at $187500
    edited 27.08.2017
    Another 'unique' contracts (1 seaweed fertilizer 'raw price' at $483600 and 1 token price at $2291200, needs confirmation)

Post edited by Surya54 (INT1) on
    edited 27.08.2017
    The revision on seaweed feed price, now at $146250. I think GGS 'adjusted' the non-dollar rewards 3x more expensive. Now trying to farm the ordinary level so my Mermaid Bay can recoup the loss

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Eventually we will be expected to turn over our fish and get nothing for it.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Notice:

Removed the older version of extra prizes costs table, and added the new version. (since extra prizes and their costs seems to have changed alot after the recent hotfix).
    Let me know if you notice any mistakes in the current table, or if you found "new prices/costs" and/or "new extra prize types" so that we can update the table again.

----
    Kamilcom (GB1) tagged you so you notice the change too as i saw your previous post. sorry for a bit late reply was a bit busy didn't have time to update and re-post the table sooner(needed time to confirm some prices first, it seems like fish prices still are correct but extra prizes cost and type have majorly changed).

That new table doesn't include costs of already known items like karma, rakes etc. Need to keep my own data system, but everything changes so fast, no chance to keep up for casual player with a job and a life etc. etc. So thanks for your help. :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Honestly, it's just easier for me to look at the total dollars, then divide by the number of fish required.  I don't even factor those worthless trinkets into the equation.  
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 27.08.2017
    Super thanks Surya54 (INT1), you are really big help my friend, I will try to update the table tomorrow, a bit too tired for tonight hehe :p
    &
    You're welcome Kamilcom (GB1) , even though this is teamwork not my work so thanks to everyone from me too, mostly the data is from other players i just put them together.
    &

Generally I agree with you too artful (US1)
    but still having an overview about prices/costs, can give us more info than just momentarily info too, like RoR calculations for Lester stash level or ship upgrades, etc, and also honestly I think knowing how much each of these extra prizes cost at least, can save us time to not bothering to even calculate some contracts at all even anymore, so this table is not magic, it just can help a bit to faster decide specially for those who might be too tired to calculate everytime at least, or those that may want to consider other aspects like "if in case i needed one of those extra prizes, i know how much i'm paying for it at least" and such things. anyways it's not anything big for professional players though yea, but we're trying to help everyone, even if it be a little help only.
    (P.S. was doubting whether to say this or not too but oh well hehe it also helps us to keep track of GGS balancer's job too, and to know whether we should complain or not :p  )

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    Honestly, it's just easier for me to look at the total dollars, then divide by the number of fish required.  I don't even factor those worthless trinkets into the equation.  
    agreed

however it is important to see the whole picture even if it is skewed at any given point in time and at any other point in the game. 

ie: value price of chum initially, value price of chum now, value of chum offered for cash or gold - % of MO that require chum as an item - while the time to make is grossly bottlenecked and remains unchanged (among other considerations) 
    Super thanks Surya54 (INT1), you are really big help my friend, I will try to update the table tomorrow, a bit too tired for tonight hehe :p
    &
    You're welcome Kamilcom (GB1) , even though this is teamwork not my work so thanks to everyone from me too, mostly the data is from other players i just put them together.
    &
    Generally I agree with you too artful (US1) but still having an overview about prices/costs, can give us more info than just momentarily info too, like RoR calculations for Lester stash level or ship upgrades, etc, and also honestly I think knowing how much each of these extra prizes cost at least, can save us time to not bothering to even calculate some contracts at all even anymore, so this table is not magic, it just can help a bit to faster decide specially for those who might be too tired to calculate everytime at least, or those that may want to consider other aspects like "if in case i needed one of those extra prizes, i know how much i'm paying for it at least" and such things. anyways it's not anything big for professional players though yea, but we're trying to help everyone, even if it be a little help only.
    (P.S. was doubting whether to say this or not too but oh well hehe it also helps us to keep track of GGS balancer's job too, and to know whether we should complain or not :p  )

Oh, I'm not suggesting this works for those who value some of the "gifts."  I'm just stating what works for me. If someone out there doesn't care about these trinkets, either, they might like the simpler calculation, too. :)
    agreed

however it is important to see the whole picture even if it is skewed at any given point in time and at any other point in the game. 

ie: value price of chum initially, value price of chum now, value of chum offered for cash or gold - % of MO that require chum as an item - while the time to make is grossly bottlenecked and remains unchanged (among other considerations) 
    I understand, but I was just stating what works for me.  If a trinket isn't worthless to me (like chum, tokens, horseshoes), I do take them into consideration, of course.  Rakes and brushes?  Not so much! :)

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    agreed

Forgive my ignorance here but what is "MO"?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    agreed

Forgive my ignorance here but what is "MO"?
    Thanks in advance.
    MO = Market Order  (at least that's how I interpret it)
    edited 28.08.2017
    Now beside increasing bonus value of 1 item variant contract, I also trade in 2 or more item variant contract that offer deco parts and FXP. Of course not for shellfish, shrimp, oyster, or water trade. Better to exchange for some cash rather than stockpile in the inventory
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 28.08.2017
    deleted.... I think I am seeing swordfish in my dreams

LOL
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Griffith (INT1)  see this post - (just in case you have not) https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3625498/#Comment_3625498

1st contract is 1 water for 10 swordfish.... 2nd contract is 2 water for 70 swordfish  ???? 

LOL
    2nd contract is for 70 Herring , not swordfish.  
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 28.08.2017
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Griffith (INT1)  see this post - (just in case you have not) https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3625498/#Comment_3625498

1st contract is 1 water for 10 swordfish.... 2nd contract is 2 water for 70 swordfish  ???? 

LOL
    2nd contract is for 70 Herring , not swordfish.  
    LOL, you are correct.... I am going back to fishing !!! sorry about that... :(
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
    Found this contract, gold price still at $1000 for 1 gold

• I've lost my interest in dockyard fishing for now, and also for giving feedback to GGS too about it.
    Until "Direct selling" returns and until GGS fix oyster/shrimp/clam price/and/or/ reduce equipment,crew cost. I will just catch whatever with 4 roy +4 brigitte with my level 2 trawler fleet, and sell whatever i can sell and ignore the rest.
    edited 31.08.2017
    I've lost my interest in dockyard fishing for now, and also for giving feedback to GGS too about it.
    Until "Direct selling" returns and until GGS fix oyster/shrimp/clam price/and/or/ reduce equipment,crew cost. I will just catch whatever with 4 roy +4 brigitte with my level 2 trawler fleet, and sell whatever i can sell and ignore the rest.
    I agree with you.  But I have to say again how very much all your hard work has been valued and appreciated.  I never would have started DSF had it not been for you, and though I was just getting started, I did have several glorious fun-filled weeks.  Many, many thanks.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    Someone have a list of new price of deep sea fish? I want to calculate again my contract value. And also the seeds,water, rakes, karma......
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    edited 09.09.2017
    Here's some rewards that sucessfully to count their cost (1 item):

Fishing Experience: $10

Decoration Parts: $800

WoF Token: $2,291,100

Fuku Tsuho:

Gold: $1,000

Rose Seed: $382,500

Violet Seed: $292,500

Seaweed Feed: $146,250

Seaweed Fertilizer: $483,600

Super Liquid Fertilizer: $30,750

Super Fertilizer: $275,500

Water: $187,500

Mystery Box:

Post edited by Surya54 (INT1) on
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Thank you Surya for that info , there is still money to be made if you work at it :) Pools/ contracts still could do with better balance though . 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I've lost my interest in dockyard fishing for now, and also for giving feedback to GGS too about it.
    I have not lost interest but do wish they would allow us to sell even a small % off the fish to help off set the costs of doing the fishing with our boats. Yes once one can build p the contracts like in the Organic market then 1 may be able to keep up & keep the fleet running. As it is now we have to pick and choose in order to fill the contracts for the fish market.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Trying for quick turn-arounds and emptying pools is definitly a thing of the past.
    I'll send 4 boats with no freezers where I used to send 1 fully equiped - halves the cost of the fish
    and then send the rest out bare (no crew, no freezers) to get some free fish on the assumption that I will be able to sell them eventually.  :¬(
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I'm running the fish market now with profit of several milions a day. Using quite strict rules for how I send boats and what contracts I accept with the only emphasis being the biggest margin and simplicity of operation. No focuss on amounts or speed. Still rejecting vast majority of contracts - being on 4 contracts only.
    Check this out..  :)

With accommodation of Mermaid Bay, Organic Contract, Oleg, and Farm Components still running on profit. There's no shortcut to become rich, you need to work hard to gather your farmdollars
    Here's some rewards that sucessfully to count their cost (1 item):

Fishing Experience: $10

Decoration Parts: $800

WoF Token: $2,291,100

Fuku Tsuho:

Gold: $1,000

Rose Seed: $382,500

Violet Seed:

Seaweed Feed: $146,250

Seaweed Fertilizer: $483,600

Super Liquid Fertilizer: $30,750

Super Fertilizer: $275,500

Water: $187,500

Mystery Box:

Added Violet seeds price at $292,500
  • @Surya54 (INT1), thanks so much for all your info !!  Like you, i don't yet have trawlers (well, I have 2 level ones from George, but can't upgrade them yet)  so my best boats are level 6 Skipjacks.

i don't understand your "contract picker" and your concept of "variant"??  what do you mean by "variant"??
    For me, I only keep contracts with a dollar payout of at least 75%, preferably over 80%, so I reject a lot of them....   using a simple formula:  $payout / "value" of extras + $payout.  My 75% threshold is random, but seems to guarantee me a profit....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file