Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    What is the % u can think right now they are upset with 
    I don't think mostlyl players wernt playing last cc but some coop thought may be this was our chance to go up just to defend the title most coop used gold rookie and silver league was way ahead this time in cc 
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    either way they slashed 50%+ of their employees (through firing) during the past year  (200 in the last couple of months) and eliminated some top managment in the past year - more than 600 employees - how many other employees left because of stress or added work load or just plain disgust? Cut the overhead by eliminating several other games and did a gold grab in their core games - don't think we are really impacting them that much 

how long before BigFarm is eliminated as a PC game since GGS has stated that is their objective to end PC games/gaming and be strictly mobile

All the excuses and hotfixes show they don't care what players think and want - this is a private forum all the teeth-nashing we do is internal - so who cares?

Most players will adapt and/or accept because they choose to continue to play - only a smal handful will actually quit - new players won't have any prior experiences and will (most likely) play like we all did in the beginning or for years (before the DSF fiasco) there will be the same rough % that play a lot same rough % that will buy gold same rough % that won't  roughly the same % will play for X-timeperiod (months years) - overall those ratios are (or should be) pretty predictable 
  • I was trying to give the market a try but new pools are not spawning. Only getting tuna and herring so can't really do the HWF either. Told my team members not to click on the market so some are still able to sell their fish. The contracts are small but sending the boats out unequipped brings back a little of everything. Will take awhile but eventually, the contracts are getting filled. The cost is now prohibitive for smaller farms to try and buy all the big boats that are part of the tasks. With the cost of upgrading the dock that money can be used to upgrade the main farm where it will be a better value.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    My guess is that they are going to squeeze as much as they can out of BF until they release whatever new thing(s) they are working on, in the meantime doing the bear minimum to keep it going until it's no longer needed, then pull the plug.
  • Latest offer buy 6,500 gold and get useless  DSF items and if you do not want them you can always delete them. Way to go GG. :/
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 27.08.2017
    My guess is that they are going to squeeze as much as they can out of BF until they release whatever new thing(s) they are working on, in the meantime doing the bear minimum to keep it going until it's no longer needed, then pull the plug.

Read a about year maybe 2 years ago the Higher up's were all about riding the cash bubble until it breaks then just walk away.  To me and I am no expert it looks like that is what they are doing. The higher ups get rich fast then run the company into the ground.  I give it 2 to 4 years more. Unless someone buys them out and I can not see that happening if they are going down hill. 

Read a about year maybe 2 years ago the Higher up's were all about riding the cash bubble until it breaks then just walk away.  To me and I am no expert it looks like that is what they are doing. The higher ups get rich fast then run the company into the ground.  I give it 2 to 4 years more. Unless someone buys them out and I can not see that happening if they are going down hill. 

I had read something similar several years ago.  I agree in terms of longevity -- GGS, a year or two at best.  Regarding BF, I'm thinking a much shorter lifespan.  You can already feel them pulling back.  
    The game become fast I think way too fast dsf makes the reliable and easy 
    Ans DSP feature allows u to make money we can make up buildings in a moderate way but now the game is fast and the income is way too slow now we have to spend with that keep in mind that $ isn't coming back the way they were
    As iu know to complete a contract gives u some extra cash yes but u need to complete in several days the contract can't be done in a day so the game is gone out of hand buildings and expansion becomes expensive if u have a big duck coop u need 500mill to make that building to lvl 9 now how we get that cash just to make one building damn that's way to crazy and I have 2 ducks :blush: I didn't heard the upgrade prices other wise I wouldn't even bother but that dsf feature help me to make one duck to lvl 6 and one tu lvl 4 now they will stay there as I am short on $ lol 
    Please ggs listen. To ur innocent :persevere: customers what they want ...
  • The insanity continues, get a contract for 18 Cod, pays $7,415 and 1 Water. That's about 1.5% of the old price of Cod.

Value of 18 Cod - $495,000

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Stop press stop press Stop press stop press Stop press stop press Stop press stop press Stop press
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Prices for Tuna and Herring have collapsed overnight. The market for  seafood had been declining steadily over the past 2 weeks, due to tremendous oversupply by the Germans. Now the barrel has finally lost its bottom, and the fishing industry is racing fast towards the bottom of the ocean. Not good news for the fat cats.

Comment by one of the local fishermen : "Das schlägt doch dem Fass die Krone ins Gesicht."

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment

Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • GGS need to go back to school has I have two order exactly the same for two different pay out's  
    The payouts are different because the karma ball amounts are different. The karma balls are NOT rewards, they are not free. There IS a cost to them and it is deducted from the cost of the fish.  

No it's not. There is no rhyme or reason to the payouts in the Fish Market, there never was.  What you're seeing is simply a coincidence, an anomaly.   The value of the fish or chum is inconsequential to the junk they're offering.

• conclusion
    :        each drop = 562,500 $ with 10% discount.

Value your drops!!!

They should let us sell those drops. :) 
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    GGS need to go back to school has I have two order exactly the same for two different pay out's  
    The payouts are different because the karma ball amounts are different. The karma balls are NOT rewards, they are not free. There IS a cost to them and it is deducted from the cost of the fish.  

No it's not. There is no rhyme or reason to the payouts in the Fish Market, there never was.  What you're seeing is simply a coincidence, an anomaly.   The value of the fish or chum is inconsequential to the junk they're offering.

I absolutely agree.  2 drops of water for 10 chum is an insult.
  • I didn't buy a lot of gold wasn't/isn't in my budgets about 30 dollars a month give or take a few days since the deep sea debacle nadda nothing for me won't buy any more gold till they let me sell the fish I have in inventory at the prefubar prices
    They said no 
    No means N0 (0-0)///

Right, no means no. As in NO GOLD SALES. 
    I didn't buy a lot of gold wasn't/isn't in my budgets about 30 dollars a month give or take a few days since the deep sea debacle nadda nothing for me won't buy any more gold till they let me sell the fish I have in inventory at the prefubar prices
    They said no 
    No means N0 (0-0)///

Right, no means no. As in NO GOLD SALES. 
    They don't care they show u guys from their behaviour and its not good way too disappointed
  • The insanity continues, get a contract for 18 Cod, pays $7,415 and 1 Water. That's about 1.5% of the old price of Cod.

Value of 18 Cod - $495,000

Hey there, if you are desperate for that one raindrop, go harvest some cows, fields and orchards...and you will get plenty of them! Save you cod for making chum for your labs to make mystery boxes.  o:)
    My farms quit producing anything a few days after the fish market debacle.  Everything is being destroyed, the dock yard is gone, the main farm has no production buildings left, just houses.  Flower farm has just one olive grove and the mixing plant left to demolish.  Gourmet farm still has quite a way to go though.

I currently have a total of 664 bored workers sitting around in their homes, that number increases with every destroyed building.
  •   There are alot of very disappointed farmers since the changing of the deep sea fishing farm. Need to put it back so that we can sell them or either donate to the market for goodies, let it be our decision.  Awe fiddle, just hit the undo button and let us get back to doing what we do best!   FARMING

Don't ya think we have enough problems, you know with the economy and all. I just won't go to that farm. It's kinda like you and your team are throwing things left and right at us. Slooow down a bit and think about you plans for the game. I knew the selling price on the fish was a big UT-OH and I dont  know nothing about the numbers, worksheet, spreadsheet's and so forth. Please don't ruin this game for me, I so enjoy it, and every know and then I do buy a little gold to show my support.

• i just sold tuna fish in thee fish market an all i got was two water drops what a rip off after all the hours you spend time fishing an all that effort for nothing really 
  • Right now, this very moment... on the farm. An Incredible offer...

BUY $70,000 gold (USD) and get... a FREE - 101% Absolutely Positively FREE...  Fancy Out House

I'm NOT kidding, that offer is running at this very moment! Me thinks ggs folk are laughing at us!

Many thanx ggs management for that most exciting and generous offer, but as much as it truly pains me, I simply must decline.

NO More Gold from this ol' farm gal... EVER!

outhouse... shesshhh 

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    i just sold tuna fish in thee fish market an all i got was two water drops what a rip off after all the hours you spend time fishing an all that effort for nothing really 

You do have the option of declining the contract and getting one that offers money.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 28.08.2017
    Yes I have same offer That much gold would cost me about 34 quid I have not bought gold since the game offered more land.  I am having a go at FHW but stuck since Saturday because George wants swordfish my onds have shellfish. So in meantime my workers will have to use the bushes  ROFL  Now have 3 offers but money staying under matress

• Avevai (NL1)Avevai (NL1) NL1 Posts: 2
    Our coöp stopped buying gold, as have I. I had a tremendous amount of fun playing this game and I bought a fair amount of gold. Didn't have a problem spending it either. Our coöp was a busy one with lots of things to do and active members. Nowadays it's kind of quiet. A lot of our members feel cheated and lost the will to play or play a minnimal amount of time. For instance just logging in twice a day and clearing the fields and productionbuildings. No more championships and events are being played together.

I do make a profit at the fishmarket but I review each offer. Ridiculous offers are binned. I have a good bit of gold left and i will spend it wisely. No longer careless shortening of building times and no gold use on getting an edge on missions during events. This is what I have left and it will have to do because: I WILL NO LONGER BUY ANY GOLD.

I didn't mind spending money on this game because it provided a lot of fun. However I do not like to be conned. Therefore I will play on, Probebly until my gold runs out and then I will quit.

Another thing that bugged me was some people on this forum. I have never read it before and only started reading it because of the fact that I couldn't sell my fish anymore, but according to some posters there has been a history of bugs and poor customer service by this company. Something I was't aware of because I've only been playing this game recently. It puzzles me that there's a lot of people complaining that have been playing for years and have been cheated and conned for all these years. That, my friends, is your own fault.

I have been conned once by this company and I will not be cheated again. Therefore I and most members of our coöp shall no longer buy gold.          

Greetings from Holland to all farmers who haven't already stopped playing.      
  • Has anyone noticed the lack of response to the speculation that they're intentionally running the game into the ground? In addition to the lack of real response to this debacle in general, of course. I think that speaks volumes.
    I am so glad that I didn't bother with this new feature at all, despite people encouraging me to do so. While I'm angry on behalf of those who have been treated poorly in this DSF fiasco, I think at this point we HAVE been answered as much as we will be, and it's time to stop threatening (and in some cases whining) and DO whatever you're going to do. Personally, I will keep playing as I have been, for free, at my own pace, and will enjoy the game for as long as I can - FOR FREE. Anyone who invests real money in this game after this point is doing so with their eyes wide open and can blame no one but themselves if they get fleeced again.
    Has anyone noticed the lack of response to the speculation that they're intentionally running the game into the ground? In addition to the lack of real response to this debacle in general, of course. I think that speaks volumes.
    I am so glad that I didn't bother with this new feature at all, despite people encouraging me to do so. While I'm angry on behalf of those who have been treated poorly in this DSF fiasco, I think at this point we HAVE been answered as much as we will be, and it's time to stop threatening (and in some cases whining) and DO whatever you're going to do. Personally, I will keep playing as I have been, for free, at my own pace, and will enjoy the game for as long as I can - FOR FREE. Anyone who invests real money in this game after this point is doing so with their eyes wide open and can blame no one but themselves if they get fleeced again.
    I agree with every point..  Beautifully stated, CordeliaAnne.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

Another thing that bugged me was some people on this forum. I have never read it before and only started reading it because of the fact that I couldn't sell my fish anymore, but according to some posters there has been a history of bugs and poor customer service by this company. Something I was't aware of because I've only been playing this game recently. It puzzles me that there's a lot of people complaining that have been playing for years and have been cheated and conned for all these years. That, my friends, is your own fault.

I have been conned once by this company and I will not be cheated again. Therefore I and most members of our coöp shall no longer buy gold.          

There has indeed been a history of bugs and poor customer service by this company, and many of us have voiced our complaints again and again, to no avail.  I choose to play for free, been doing that for many years after I was cheated out of gold.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

There has indeed been a history of bugs and poor customer service by this company, and many of us have voiced our complaints again and again, to no avail.  I choose to play for free, been doing that for many years after I was cheated out of gold.

I think you are of the same opinion as me MRG1, we only put our grievances on the forum as we love the game and the friends we have made playing it and hope that somewhere along the line a GGS employee will notice the information we have been giving and clear the bugs.  THAT is the reason, Avevai, for us remaining with the game - bugs and all :) 
  • Avevai (NL1)Avevai (NL1) NL1 Posts: 2

I think you are of the same opinion as me MRG1, we only put our grievances on the forum as we love the game and the friends we have made playing it and hope that somewhere along the line a GGS employee will notice the information we have been giving and clear the bugs.  THAT is the reason, Avevai, for us remaining with the game - bugs and all :) 

If you play the game for free you probably haven't lost that much and if you enjoy the game, by all means keep playing. I'm not gonna tell you what to do. Everybody must make their own decisions. There's nothing wrong with playing for free. It's irritating that no one will listen to your complaints but as long as you're able to enjoy the game without to much irritation you should do so. I aplaud that.

I threw some money at this game, enjoyed the game and even the money and the gold spending. Feeling cheated does leave a sour taste in my mouth and, I'm sad to say so, had a negative effect on my enjoyment. I've had a good time in my coöp as well. I split from the first one because the members weren't very active.  In the second one we had a fun time, but everyone is just less active after the changes. So there is less cooperation and less chat. So, yeah, I miss that.

So i'll play on for a while and maybe even after the gold is gone, but I don't think so because I liked the (strategically) spending of gold in missions and events. After the huge disruption of the deep sea fishing  and people spending enormous ammounts of dollars and gold on their fleet, only to see it turned upside down I'll be damned if this company sees any more of my money.

Happy playing to everybody who still enjoys the game. For me it's just less enjoyable than a couple of weeks ago.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

If you play the game for free you probably haven't lost that much and if you enjoy the game, by all means keep playing. I'm not gonna tell you what to do. Everybody must make their own decisions. There's nothing wrong with playing for free. It's irritating that no one will listen to your complaints but as long as you're able to enjoy the game without to much irritation you should do so. I aplaud that.

I threw some money at this game, enjoyed the game and even the money and the gold spending. Feeling cheated does leave a sour taste in my mouth and, I'm sad to say so, had a negative effect on my enjoyment. I've had a good time in my coöp as well. I split from the first one because the members weren't very active.  In the second one we had a fun time, but everyone is just less active after the changes. So there is less cooperation and less chat. So, yeah, I miss that.

So i'll play on for a while and maybe even after the gold is gone, but I don't think so because I liked the (strategically) spending of gold in missions and events. After the huge disruption of the deep sea fishing  and people spending enormous ammounts of dollars and gold on their fleet, only to see it turned upside down I'll be damned if this company sees any more of my money.

Happy playing to everybody who still enjoys the game. For me it's just less enjoyable than a couple of weeks ago.

I quite agree Avevai, I also spent gold on this game but that has stopped.  Not because I lost a lot on the DSF as I didn't upgrade my fleet or buy equipment and crew, but because of the way GGS treated everyone who DID expand and who, like yourself, lost money (real and virtual) on it.  I know it sounds as if we are whining about all the bugs, but as I said it is only because we want the bugs to be fixed.  There are three ex-gold buyers in this house alone, we didn't buy a lot but we did purchase monthly.  I have played here for three and a half years so GGS has had a lot of money from me - but enough is enough.  I hope that there are more players like yourself and the others whose gold purchases are a thing of the past - but also hope that it doesn't cause the demise of this game.  The hierarchy have dug their heels in and haven't even had the grace to post a PERSONAL message to we the people who pay their salary.  It has been left to the poor mods to pass on the snippets of info that we are allowed to see, which is very unfair on them as they are then left to field the anger shown in the forum.

I am just playing my original farm and have forgotten all about the DSF.  My fleet has been scuppered and I am using the cash I am saving to upgrade buildings that have been ignored.

Good luck if you are still playing the DSF and hope that someone at head office sees sense in the not too distant future.

Chris x

Sign In to comment.