Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing Hard Worker Event

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Can anybody confirm that we can still run Herring and Tuna at level 10 without the time dropping to minutes like all the others ?      Just hoping to be sure they haven't changed it before I start unloading boats.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I am actually playing it not taking any real effort  am doing fine,  but here is the problem nothing has changed and it may take awhile for GGS to see the full damage of what they have done.  Not buying gold me and a whole lot of other players in three months they will be in crisis mode.  I am sorry to say JVD  that it may be too late to save this game  they dropped an atomic bomb on the players  and there will be no easy fix  so much hurt and anger, loss of trust is what is going to hurt them the most cause who gives money to any organization that they cant trust, a company that treats you like you were a patsy.  So I am here puttering  not playing with any pleasure or enthusiasm more like a bad habit like smoking cigarettes. 
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 28.08.2017
    I am playing FHW and loving it as always.

Kept a few small boats with oysters in dock since last Thursday, awaiting the FHW to come - so I am good on oysters. And for the next 2 refills George wants I am ready too (boats are already waiting in the harbour since 1 hour with the right fish).

EDIT:
    And the 2 blue GMT's are mine! Although the FHW went very, very (almost too) easy this time, I'm happy with the latest hotfix and alterations to the DSF GGS, thanks! 
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    First I want to say, personally I have absolutely no problem being in level 56-999 because I am over level 120.  I am also not saying it is impossible for a player under level 120 to keep up. This event has a lot to do with luck, maybe even more-so than skill.  

However, I feel the way it is grouped in such a large span and based on fishing XP is very unfair to lower level players.  The event should not be based on fishing XP and should instead be based on regular player XP level.
    Reasons:
    You can make chum and get quite a bit of fishing XP.
    Getting quite a bit of fishing XP will not allow you to buy a Trawler if you are less than level 120.
    Trawlers can catch more and/or fish faster than any other boats if you equip them properly for the specif need.

I feel the FHWE should be broken down based on the type of boat a person can actually buy according to their level. 

• LilFarm (US1)LilFarm (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    If you win the trawler as a reward in the FHW you can place it.  Technically you can't upgrade it until appropriate level but you can create it even with a non level 8 dockyard.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    I've got less of a problem with the level brackets in the fishing hardworker than in the normal one,speed 9 or 10 is achievable without trawlers.
    I'm 6th at the moment in level 46-55, everyone around me has trawlers, I've got skipjacks. (farming level 111)
    As @Shay1968 (US1) says you've got to have a bit of luck with fishing holes, also seeing the FHW always starts with oysters you can prepare.
    Seeing all the changes in the deep sea fishing it might change for players still leveling up though, I doubt I'd have been able to afford the skipjacks in the new situation.

• kwk (US1)kwk (US1) Posts: 144
    It's interesting to see who is active and in top 50 of Fishing HWE.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 27.08.2017
    Running at 10 since 8 am central time, being passed and have not changed fish. Why does this happen?
    Post edited by Just Kar (US1) on
    Just be grateful @FarmerKar (US1)
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 27.08.2017
      You should also remember, that when the large farms  are playing on level 30  or 70   they couldn't do everything.

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Just be grateful @FarmerKar (US1)
    Why would I be grateful that I am being passed?  Meaning I am dropping in rank while running max speed? 
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    Lucked out, and had easy pools, available, and finished the 1.2M with 3 types of fish late last night.  In the top 50 but not planning to stay there.  I have no use for an additional skipjack.  Already have several as well as trawlers collecting dust in inventory, so it's fish fish fish time.  Going to try and stock up on all the fish we rarely see outside the FHWE, complete contracts, and call it good till it all gets changed back when the event ends and I'm back to endless Oyster contracts and no Oyster pools.  ;)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Well, that's me done then.  No clam beds anywhere. At least in the regular HWE we can control what we plant and harvest.
  • carigra (GB1)carigra (GB1) GB1 Posts: 5
    Okay, has anyone come across this one? Went to bed on 10 pps in Fish Funnel - No 50.
    This morning 08.30, I was No. 49 - luvly.   Ten minutes later (still on 10 points as before - nothing changed) I am  down to No 50.
    Now (about an hour later) I am No 51 - but still same fish, still 10 points per second.
    How did I get passed by two players who can't score more than me (supposedly)  ??  I am not the only one in my coop this has happened to.
    HOW CAN IT HAPPEN IF I AM SCORING MAX POINTS??  If this goes on I will be at the bottom by the time the event ends - but I'll probably still be scoring 10 points per second - which is of course the maximum anyone can score - OR IS IT ?
    Answers on a postcard please  -  -   -
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @carigra (GB1)  It's all down to the scoreboard being inaccurate. Players scores are not added instantaneously but only every few minutes/seconds. The players who "passed" you had not had their scores updated for some time and thus appeared to move at greater than 10 fish/second.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Lucked out, and had easy pools, available, and finished the 1.2M with 3 types of fish late last night.  In the top 50 but not planning to stay there.  I have no use for an additional skipjack.  Already have several as well as trawlers collecting dust in inventory, so it's fish fish fish time.  Going to try and stock up on all the fish we rarely see outside the FHWE, complete contracts, and call it good till it all gets changed back when the event ends and I'm back to endless Oyster contracts and no Oyster pools.  ;)

Yeah i lucked out too, I finished also.  Was actually shocked!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    This morning the fishing HWE was asking for Swordfish. I harvested my Swordfish and the clock started. But when I clicked on the event in the field to check, the machine was frozen and asking for Clams. Anyone else having problems with the HWE?  :/
    This morning the fishing HWE was asking for Swordfish. I harvested my Swordfish and the clock started. But when I clicked on the event in the field to check, the machine was frozen and asking for Clams. Anyone else having problems with the HWE?  :/
    That happened to me the last time.  The machine just froze.  In this case, it looks like it skipped ahead without giving you your points.

Mine's been on clams for 2 days with no clam beds in sight. So much fun this is.   :/
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @artful (US1)  Thanks, artful.  :)   So much for my Swordfish.  :(   Of course there are no Clams available.
    *sigh*
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Similar with me too (only tuna/herring and lobster)  :'(
    well like a dumb bunny i hit lobster again  which took me to ten  and dropped my time  to 30 min  next swordfish and no swordfish pools had one pool since the change used it already.  I finished the event could careless about ranking. Make me understand GGS   HOW IS THIS FUN FOR THE PLAYERS  ????????????  We are not having fun anything but.  The players have shown you the numbers  they are trying to work with you and in your arrogance you continue to ignore them.  YOU have shown us time and time again  players opinions arent worth dung  only gold buying is important  so keep your debit cards on lock down people. As for temporary fix is almost as bad as it was before  take your DSF put it where the sun doesnt shine.  
  • Hi All :)

My FHWE (with pretty pictures):

1. First picture: approaching 1.2M points.
    2. Second picture: wondering about the Skipjack.
    3. Third picture: Do I really want another one? What am I going to do with it now that  
    DSF fish sales have been nuked?
    4. Decision: Not worth waking up for with another 48+ Hrs left to try to remain in Top 50. Better to stop and rest now that I have the 2 GML's.
    5. At this rate position 500 will probably also get to 1.2 Million points before the end :)

Hi All :)

My FHWE (with pretty pictures):

1. First picture: approaching 1.2M points.
    2. Second picture: wondering about the Skipjack.
    3. Third picture: Do I really want another one? What am I going to do with it now that  
    DSF fish sales have been nuked?
    4. Decision: Not worth waking up for with another 48+ Hrs left to try to remain in Top 50. Better to stop and rest now that I have the 2 GML's.
    5. At this rate position 500 will probably also get to 1.2 Million points before the end :)

I did the exact same thing, got my GMLs and then quit even though I had a couple more boats sitting at the dock with the necessary fish.  I was ranked 20 something.  I have 14 level 2 Trawlers. I figured I do not need a skipjack and figured perhaps someone else could use it. (An unequipped Level 5 skipjack brings the exact same amount as an unequipped Level 2 Trawler.) My timer finally ran out at 2,026,335 yesterday evening. Currently I am ranked 330. 
  • Teejay52 (INT1)Teejay52 (INT1) Posts: 203
    edited 29.08.2017
    Hehehe....it's actually better than I predicted :)

Still 7HRS to go.

• GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    edited 29.08.2017
    how do you go backwards in the rankings  when you are running 10/second?????
    i was at #57 and now at #60
    how do you go backwards in the rankings  when you are running 10/second?????
    i was at #57 and now at #60
    If you go past 9/sec, the time drops dramatically.
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    I just got my very first lobster pool of the entire fishing HWE.  I am glad they tried to rebalance the pools and it seems to have worked for some people, but going over 3 days without a single lobster pool tells me that the rebalancing did not work for all farms.  Something is still off. 
    they did a very slight improvement  so they get a very tiny bit of credit  
    they did a very slight improvement  so they get a very tiny bit of credit  
    I am not so sure about any improvements anywhere.  Many say the contracts got worse after the hotfix.
    As for the pools ... I do not think 4 lobster pools and 2 tuna/herring pools is very balanced. Before that it was 4 shrimp pools and 2 tuna pools.
Sign In to comment.