Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Time to put more levels into Lester's secret stash?

I stopped putting money into Lester's stash once I reached level 11 because it just wasn't paying for itself.

Now that the Fish market is here do you think it's worth while to add more levels now?

I've added up the cost of upgrades add it will cost 3,016,000,000 to go from level 11 to 20. I know that's a lot of money, but it would save 20% of fish and chum, getting me more rewards.

Best Answer

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 27.08.2017 Answer ✓
    3 billion - if you're talking purely dollar investment for return, the chances of getting that back (let alone make serious profit, the point of it) before father time pays a visit is remote

as an example - if you were to make the 20% saving on a contract worth $1 million, you'd have to repeat that process 15 thousand times to make even money

after the 15 thousand contracts you'd start to make profit in the above example

if you could amass 3 billion in a relatively short time and continue earning big time then sure, it's an ongoing investment that doesn't leave you poor

fact is, only with the introduction of the dockyard did Lester's Stash and such like become really feasible investments of a significant nature

with the death of the dockyard, imo these features are now pointless exercises for the most part

Answers

edited 27.08.2017 Answer ✓
    3 billion - if you're talking purely dollar investment for return, the chances of getting that back (let alone make serious profit, the point of it) before father time pays a visit is remote

as an example - if you were to make the 20% saving on a contract worth $1 million, you'd have to repeat that process 15 thousand times to make even money

after the 15 thousand contracts you'd start to make profit in the above example

if you could amass 3 billion in a relatively short time and continue earning big time then sure, it's an ongoing investment that doesn't leave you poor

fact is, only with the introduction of the dockyard did Lester's Stash and such like become really feasible investments of a significant nature

with the death of the dockyard, imo these features are now pointless exercises for the most part
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    A $3 billion investment will clearly never be recouped but with more contracts now, a smaller investment will certainly be recouped sooner than before. I shall have to repeat Corvid's math for just 1 or 2 levels and see what answer it gives.   :¬) 
  • I would also not suggest level 20 either, level 15 seems like a good balance to me.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Currently, I have it at level 3. Based on farm management, fleet, and capability, my 'achievable' target at level 5 (still, I hope I can leveling it to level 10 at least, but postponed due to DSF Nerf)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you for all the above reply's.

Just like the organic market, the fish market will take thousands of orders before I would brake even on any further upgrades to Lester's secret stash.

Although @Corvid (GB1) did answer my question, I will go with @Griffith (INT1) advice and take the secret stash to level 15 for the following reason.

Even though it would take thousands of contracts to pay for itself, the secret stash will save me fish.
    Say I have a contract that needs 1,000 fish, with a level 15 stash I'll get 15% free fish. That saves me 150 fish for the next contract. I strongly believe right now that getting the contracts filled will make the profits come faster.
    This will take some time to get to level 15, but it will happen.

Thanks again :)
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 27.08.2017
    The most annoying thing about dockyard fishing right now is "cashing out", so as CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) said too one of the main reasons for Lester stash upgrade now is faster cash out/more dollar-on-hand to smoother run the whole system(specially not for dollar itself only but also if in some cases actually need the extra prizes, specially if it involves gold at higher levels which i highly doubt but if and if by any chance those "100 gold" contracts that GGS showed in their announcement actually exist, then higher lester stash can help with "easier filling" specially not just for the fish, but rather for the "annoying chums" that maybe asked to be filled in gold contracts maybe.
    On the other hand if GGS returns "direct selling option" then RoR-wise for "dollar" though, considering what
    Corvid (GB1) said too, probably higher than lvl 10 lester stash, might not be much worth it anymore after the nerf. Or somewhere between level 10 to 15 is most probably the optimum point.So if one only cares about dollar, then maybe they should not go higher than level 10 lester stash, not yet at least. But if you consider all aspects I think up to level 15 even can be a good balance.Higher than level 15 though suddenly gets a big jump in upgrade-prices though which does not really make it worth anything kind of i think. In long term though if you be a non-gold player/or low spender and not much need dollars anymore and rather be willing to find "any possible way to get little more gold and such" then it might be worth upgrading lester stash even more, even if it never returns your "dollar-invested" in the form of "dollar", but may can help you get little more gold.

anyways I thought I should add this to what I said too to explain that I do not think
    Corvid (GB1) is wrong at all either. But some (including myself too) may prefer some RoR sacrifice even, if it means "more in-game-gold" in long run. So one should consider all aspects together with their playing styles and needs and decide what lester stash level it even worth for them to invest in(not just dollar-wise always).

(Ofcourse I would still agree that it's better to first go for the Lab upgrade, to reach gold mystery box and gold making, than to go higher than level 10 to 15 lester stash though)
    i believe that a lab to make gold mystery boxes is in the region of 30 billion.... and you thought 3 billion was bad enough lol

yep, another pipe dream im afraid since the gold grab crash and burn
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    edited 29.08.2017
    My account is no reach ten million. Just because the direct sell sea fish is disappear. Only get money from oleg. Very sad to see the old man fishing many fish because need to give the players more money. I decided to upgrade the lester stash to level 3 only because it's waste my money. Get little profit only.

Post edited by CIN SOON (INT1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file