Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    @Shay1968 (US1), they want 357 clams.
    gee i could fill that for you  :D problem is i don't want the token !
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 380
    some kind of glitch at the DSF market while it appears that I have 1 MO and the rest have 7 minutes - this is not true

Filled and sent a batch of 4 then immediately reopened the DSF market

imagine my surprise to see a MO "ready to fill" again ---

so...as soon as I fill and send the "fillable" order and send and immediately reopen the market one of the orders on a timer (but only one) becomes immediately available been filling and sending for the last 6 minutes .....

The organic market works the same way.  If you DELIVER (not decline) the last remaining active contract, you are immediately given a new active contract.  (Actually, in the organic market, you can get 2 new contracts immediately.)  So if you've got a couple you can deliver and others you're going to refuse - do your declining first and only then deliver your last contracts.

signature by farmerjohn 22 (US1)

• Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    I got an offer that offer a seaweed feed and a token for 169 shrimps. I don't look at plus and minus, just do it if I can recoup the loss by harvesting, producing, and fishing. If you look at it, you'll NEVER move on. Even the new player become smarter to adapt than before
    Surya54 @ WWW 1

Keep it up!
    some kind of glitch at the DSF market while it appears that I have 1 MO and the rest have 7 minutes - this is not true

Filled and sent a batch of 4 then immediately reopened the DSF market

imagine my surprise to see a MO "ready to fill" again ---

so...as soon as I fill and send the "fillable" order and send and immediately reopen the market one of the orders on a timer (but only one) becomes immediately available been filling and sending for the last 6 minutes .....

The organic market works the same way.  If you DELIVER (not decline) the last remaining active contract, you are immediately given a new active contract.  (Actually, in the organic market, you can get 2 new contracts immediately.)  So if you've got a couple you can deliver and others you're going to refuse - do your declining first and only then deliver your last contracts.
    really ... never noticed always saw the timer so i wait  : P - thanks for the heads up 

Three things need to be done here in my opinion (since its obvious GGS will never bring back the direct fish selling)

1. Leave the fish pool configuration as it is now, make it permanent
    2. Take the crap out of contracts and give us something more useful (crap=water/rakes/charms)
    3. Cut the costs of equipment/crew and align it with the reductions in profits (-60 to -80%)

I prefer deep sea the way it was but if we have to work with this new adjustment at least make it workable for us and stop screwing players over.
    the pool configuration sucks! while i had a sword fish pool it was days ago !! although i have had 4 pools of lobster today this is still out of wack  - and from other peoples posts the # fish per pool per type (although i have seen only some of that issue) is also way out of wack 
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    As I said u need herring to complete the fhwe 
    Oh yeah baby I have herring on the box now I can complete it
    icaugth Solomon 4 days before in case I don't get the pool and I don't get it on time lol so :p:p
    As I said u need herring to complete the fhwe 
    Oh yeah baby I have herring on the box now I can complete it 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720

Three things need to be done here in my opinion (since its obvious GGS will never bring back the direct fish selling)

2. Take the crap out of contracts and give us something more useful (crap=water/rakes/charms)
    3. Cut the costs of equipment/crew and align it with the reductions in profits (-60 to -80%)

I prefer deep sea the way it was but if we have to work with this new adjustment at least make it workable for us and stop screwing players over.
    the pool configuration sucks! while i had a sword fish pool it was days ago !! although i have had 4 pools of lobster today this is still out of wack  - and from other peoples posts the # fish per pool per type (although i have seen only some of that issue) is also way out of wack 
    Clear the closest pools fast by loading ur boats with time crews. I have 3 swordfish pools at the moment, taking advantage by stocking up on these fishes before GGS change pools back to the crap configuration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] gizmo22 @ au 1
  • paultje1975 (US1)paultje1975 (US1) US1 Posts: 163

Clear the closest pools fast by loading ur boats with time crews. I have 3 swordfish pools at the moment, taking advantage by stocking up on these fishes before GGS change pools back to the crap configuration.
    if you use gold for that you stepped in a trick of ggs lol
    edited 27.08.2017

Clear the closest pools fast by loading ur boats with time crews --- that is already done - been done and done - I clear many pools per day  every 2-4 hours and still haven't had swordfish pools for days  - i did have lobster and swordfish after 8/16 for a couple of days when most others posting said theirs had dried up
  • zyzzie (US1)zyzzie (US1) US1 Posts: 22
    What about some changes to the horse farm. Very boring! Also the fishing challenge never seems to work correctly. Always loosing money when changes are made!!!!!
    zyzzie @ us 1
  • FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,374
    Shay1968, I feel for you concerning how so outrageously expensive those trawlers are to upgrade...it is discouraging....but even your level 2 trawlers unequipped will continue to bring in fish....fish that eventually you can use for the Mermaid Bay....That is what I mostly use mine for.  :)

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

What about some changes to the horse farm. Very boring! Also the fishing challenge never seems to work correctly. Always loosing money when changes are made!!!!!
    You just answered your first question.  "Always losing money when changes are made!!!!!"  Which is EXACTLY why no changes should be made on the horse farm.  (Presuming you mean the horse ranch, and not the thing in the meadow.)  It may be boring, but the tourneys bring in some decent rewards. :)
    You are both right!  Zyzzie, if you are not getting a consistent supply of horseshoes to upgrade you horses, then the 80 horseshoes per day for working out in the speed track each day, can be slow and laborious & uninteresting, but if you are getting extra horseshoes from sending the greenhouse produce to the ship and then filling all the orders of the ship, then getting your horse up to higher competition level can go faster and be more interesting.  :)

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 27.08.2017
    Shay1968, I feel for you concerning how so outrageously expensive those trawlers are to upgrade...it is discouraging....but even your level 2 trawlers unequipped will continue to bring in fish....fish that eventually you can use for the Mermaid Bay....That is what I mostly use mine for.  :)
    I never noticed that the Mermaid Bay had recipes that required products from the DEADsea.  I will have to take a look at the numbers and see if it would be better to completely skip the market nonsense and just make fish dishes.  I certainly don't need a few drops of water or rakes.  I hope GGS is not planning to steal the water from our farms like they stole our toolboxes and our sell button for fish inventory.

Edited to add:  Well I guess I won't be making any fish dishes using the DEADsea fish.  I first have to wait for Steve to show up. I only have a level 5 Mermaid Bay. 

Breakdown on the Lab
    126,321,371,000 (lab cost) ÷ 5,000,000 (Average daily earnings) = 25,264.27 days
    25,264.27 (days) ÷ 365 (days in a year) = 69.22 years to fully upgrade the Lab
    That's if you use the daily earnings to upgrade the Lab ONLY, no spending on other upgrades, islands, boosters, or anything else.
  • @Shay1968 (US1) If you are asking if the high sale prices will be brought back, the answer is no. The best prices that you can get for your fish will be the high value contracts & having a stockpile of fish in your inventory, will be an advantage in getting your market up to those contracts faster. The contracts have been improved in the hotfix, so once you have filled enough to get 6 on the page, the values & profits will increase.
    LOL
    as i said because the took the deep sea away and wont lower the cost of the high end up grades remove my farm from the game i quit
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @Shay1968 (US1) If you are asking if the high sale prices will be brought back, the answer is no. The best prices that you can get for your fish will be the high value contracts & having a stockpile of fish in your inventory, will be an advantage in getting your market up to those contracts faster. The contracts have been improved in the hotfix, so once you have filled enough to get 6 on the page, the values & profits will increase.
    LOL
    as i said because the took the deep sea away and wont lower the cost of the high end up grades remove my farm from the game i quit
    Another player leaving.  How many more players have to quit before GG$ realizes many players are unhappy and there is a very serious problem with the balancing?

Why reduce the value of the fish and the availability and not reduce the cost of the equipment or boats and dockyard upgrades?

Breakdown on the Lab
    126,321,371,000 (lab cost) ÷ 5,000,000 (Average daily earnings) = 25,264.27 days
    25,264.27 (days) ÷ 365 (days in a year) = 69.22 years to fully upgrade the Lab
    That's if you use the daily earnings to upgrade the Lab ONLY, no spending on other upgrades, islands, boosters, or anything else.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    Again another player removed from the play. As long as the DSF Nerf still exist, you'll going down GGS. Sorry
    Surya54 @ WWW 1

Keep it up!
    @Shay1968 (US1) If you are asking if the high sale prices will be brought back, the answer is no. The best prices that you can get for your fish will be the high value contracts & having a stockpile of fish in your inventory, will be an advantage in getting your market up to those contracts faster. The contracts have been improved in the hotfix, so once you have filled enough to get 6 on the page, the values & profits will increase.
    LOL
    Is it possible that we can remove our farm from the game if yes let me know I am thinking about something 
    LOL
    Is it possible that we can remove our farm from the game if yes let me know I am thinking about something 
    Once GGS cancels the account that your farm has (associated with your email) then you no longer have access to your farm....you can disconnect from a coop but not from GGS's Big Farm system...all farms are tied into the Big Farm network system.  So you will be unable to "take your farm and run it apart from GGS" or play your game under another internet farm game that is not Big Farm.  I am not sure if this answers your question.

Sign In to comment.