Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Singing: Where have all the swordfish-salmon-cod gone.....

Comments

• Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    ops correction - lobster pool (not crab :blush:)
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    yesterday I got 2 pools with swordfish..but there was really small amount of salmon and swordfish.. 30-40 fishes in each pool.  GGS team why ya hate us so much :( why ya not want us to have fun :(
  • Haven't had these pools for a week
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Already a thread on this https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/159860/singing-where-have-all-the-swordfish-salmon-cod-gone/p1

and so far the answer is GGS has changed how the pools spawn, Swordfish and Lobster are very rare and are purposely set this way LOL
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    What if in the future updates they will add changes, like that we will be able to buy pools with gold or something. This game is like this..if you want better results and faster - spend gold :(
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    It has been a week, please fix the fishing holes. All I get are tuna/herring and clam/oyster/shrimp. Most of the time the pools are tuna/herring with not much tuna.

How are we going to get our fish market leveled with no swordfish/salmon/cod. Not to mention the FHW will be impossible this time around.
    edited 23.08.2017
    What if in the future updates they will add changes, like that we will be able to buy pools with gold or something. This game is like this..if you want better results and faster - spend gold :(
    Don't give them this kind of idea!!!  :D   scratch out that post quickly!!!!
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    JVD (US1) said:
    Day 4... no swordfish, no lobster.  :'(

I'm getting lobster again, so far 2 pools and i got a pool of sword fish with 33 in it last night.
    @maxiroy (US1) so there is hope LOL

Actually I just got a lobster pool, so hopefully a swordfish will be coming soon as well :)
    so after 4 1/2 days waiting for a swordfish pool, I got one :)

drum roll please....

guess how many swordfish are in the pool???

can't guess??? think I can fill a contract??? LOL... well guess again!!!

yep you got it....

29 swordfish!!!!

ahahahaha.... I am going insane!  :s

I only got 33 and have no clue how many I will "lose" due to a disaster.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    edited 24.08.2017
    JVD (US1) said:
    so after 4 1/2 days waiting for a swordfish pool, I got one :)
    drum roll please....
    guess how many swordfish are in the pool???
    can't guess??? think I can fill a contract??? LOL... well guess again!!!
    yep you got it....

29 swordfish!!!!

ahahahaha.... I am going insane!  :s

@JVD (US1)

I got a better deal LOL... 38 swordfish, I was about to post but you beat me to it    :)

38 is 5% of total fish,  10% salmon and 85% cod.  Totally imbalanced and not sufficient to complete the daily task not to fill a market order of any sort.  And this is the only swordfish/salmon/cod pool I got in a couple days

In the mean time.... the herring in my inventory keeps increasing and the market contractors don't seem to care about herring at all.  More than 23,000 herring in storage already, even tho I filled a few contracts with herring and/or chum 

Rational solution: 

1  -  Re-balance the deep sea pools

2 -  Re-instate direct fish sales

Yes I definately agree that the sea pools have to be fixed.  And it would be nice to sell overstock even if it is not the same pricing as before.
    I am very jealous that @maxiroy (US1) and @PCA (GB1) have gotten more swordfish in their pools!!!  

The pools definitely need to be reworked for sure... and get rid of the daily tasks unless you (GGS) change the pools as it cannot be attained... a worthless goal!! :(
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    edited 24.08.2017
    GGS is the keeper of the Swordfish.  They say no Swordfish, so NO swordfish for you.  Sorry.  It is the same for everyone.

Not sure if they think we are going to make billions off of them or something with the new contracts with their measly rewards.
  • GrammyK (US1)GrammyK (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    Wondering why daily task is still listing swordfish & salmon ? Set us up to fail constantly and we won't
    keep playing that part of game. Still working on my first order because not enough cod to complete.
    Taught me to continue rejecting orders until I actually have the inventory...I've gotten up to four order
    slots that way....half my coop are sitting waiting to complete their first orders.  I've had one Swordfish pool
    and 2 lobster since the update taking away the right to sell our fish.  You're denying us the fish anyways
    so why can't we sell...sure not going to get rich ...you also control the prices make an adjustment and
    give us back our fishing.
  • e c burger (INT1)e c burger (INT1) INT1 Posts: 69
    GGS is the keeper of the Swordfish.  They say no Swordfish, so NO swordfish for you.  Sorry.  It is the same for everyone.

Not sure if they think we are going to make billions off of them or something with the new contracts with their measly rewards.
    I'm fine with no swordfish but then i do not want every contract to include swordfish and cod....Really am at a loss and profits at a loss with these contracts......
    so I guess I have to wait another 4 to 5 days for another swordfish hole...  :'(

got the one and only, now back to tuna/herring and shellfish!  :s
  • I have yet to see a swordfish or lobster pool since the update. I have sent out empty boats to clear pools, they respawn with, you guessed it, herring or 1-2 shrimp pools. 
    JVD (US1) said:
    so I guess I have to wait another 4 to 5 days for another swordfish hole...  :'(

got the one and only, now back to tuna/herring and shellfish!  :s

Don't worry me too! 
  • I dint get a single sword region for almost 2 weeks since the fishing region was updated ,becuse i dont have sword or cod fishes i cant complete orders too ,

GGS PLEASE WORK ON THIS FAST
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    hahahaha not sure whether to laugh or cry.....

Now there is not an oyster pool in sight and we need them for the Hard Worker event!

Something here is way out of tune, making this game and the event ridiculous! *sigh*

Looking to GGS and asking politely .... correct this please.

Cheers :smile:
  • It takes two days or MORE to clear the side bar task for swordfish,  my pool  one and only in the past two days, has 29 swordfish..     

Seriously...  this is messed up BIG time.     Are they an Endangered Species 
    I too have been waiting for swordfish and salmon. Hard work event is asking for salmon and none to be found.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 26.08.2017
                                           I think they need to adjust the adjustment of the adjustment.  :D
  • edited 02.09.2017
    Swordfish and lobster are rare???  Swordfish haven't been seen for a long time, figured they might show up after the hardworker event ended but they didn't  But for two days I had nothing but lobster  so they aren't that rare, currently still have 2 lobster, 2 tuna and 2 shellfish     swordfish, salmon and cod appear to be extinct.
    Post edited by DxrxbillingGame (US1) on
  • Update:  I now have 4 lobster and 2 tuna  still no swordfish, salmon and cod
    Lobster is definitely not rare on my farm or those of my co op members   just swordfish, salmon and cod  totally extinct
  • tessa17 (US1)tessa17 (US1) US1 Posts: 106
    I don't have them.  But if you have any clams pools to exchange for lobster I am eager to do business.  I have nothing but lobster. Unless my contracts start asking for more lobster I am just going to wait it out.

https://snag.gy/q7ZDMT.jpg
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 04.09.2017
    Well, what I am singing right now is:

All I need are calms, pampampampam
    All I need are calms, pampam pam pam
    All I need are calms, calms
    The calms are all I need.

My situaton (and probably of everybody else):
    - I have a great shortage of shells and shrimps
    - Have low amount of tuna
    - I have enough of the "best fish pool" fishes
    - Have huge amounts of herring and lobster

So what I do:
    - If possible I send 3 or 4 trawlers to shellfish pools. No equipment. 
     lvl 6 trawlers without crue are enough to empty those pools
    - Next in row is tuna. So I send 3 or 4 trawlers with "catch only tuna" equipment + one or two Roy to
    empty all tuna from those tools
    - All other ships I send empty to other pools, lobster last as that does not cost me anything
    - I made tuna chum most of the times, as I need it the most. I will keep making any kind of
    chum for FXP and seewead anyway.
    - I am keeping one and two item contracts no matter what and rejecting all other.

Conclusion:
    - Am I loosnig money? No. I am making a tiny profit.
    - Am I going backwards? No, I am making a steady and SLOW progres.
    - When I am going to upgrade fish market to a full potential? Oh, in about 300 years, I guess :)

Patience is the mother of all features. 
    And I have to speak to my lawer to include my Big farm in a will :). Hope it is within the GGS rules :).

Post edited by aaabbb1 (INT1) on
  • andy123321 (INT1)andy123321 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 117

Can't see the need to gain FXPs...   I am currently doing the FHWE on the Int1 server at level 22.  Went from a slow last place to 5th in next to no time.   I hope to stay at level 22 for as long as possible.

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    When I have a sword fish pool, I fully equip about 2-3 boats (depending on the amount of sword fish) this gives me just over 50 fish of each type - sword, salmon, cod - when those boats come back I do not touch them until it is to complete the daily task, then I collect just 1 of the boats and it completes both the sword and the salmon task.  I do not send a fully equipped boat unless I am able to bring back a full 50+ swordfish.  
    If sword is less than 50 I leave them go or send an empty boat just for extra fish to add to my already high amount of fish held in storage.

Level 2 Trawler:  5 larger freezers, 2 Roy, 1 Victor = 172 fish ... I also cross my fingers and hope for no disasters

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file