Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

August 25 Hotfix: Temporary Deep Sea Changes & more! - Discussion

Comments

• Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 26.08.2017
    Reading some of the posts on here,.....

you are speaking from a position of someone who already has a good fleet up and running (i still think your view is overlooking many factors but if you're happy how it is now, good for you) but do you really expect someone to upgrade a trawler to level 6 for $52 million off the pittance the fish return now? do you really expect that person to also be able to fish effectively when the profits are very poor yet the cost of sending them out wasn't reduced alongside the price nerf?

like i said, for you it may be fine as it is, but for anyone who hasnt got an established quality fleet its nigh on pointless and we've seen the level 99 market and it was to be frank, rank

sending empty boats of already built boats will slowly create a very modest profit for those stuck with rusting boats

the big gold grab con was calculated much more effectively than the numbers coming out of the dockyard now - even with the hotfix temporary adjustments

additionally
    thanks to GGS attempting to sell us chum for $, we now know exactly was $ value they put on tuna and lobster chum, which has also enabled us to work out exactly what value they put on a droplet of water in the fish market

one droplet of water = $625k

thats not a typo, yes, one droplet of water in the market is 'costing' you over half a million $ and more or rather, that is how much GGS are charging you for that one droplet of water via the fish market

put on your smiley faces and dip your head in the sand if you must, cos if anyone is trying to sell the fish market as a good thing they're clearly not doing the sums
    Post edited by Corvid (GB1) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    @WascallyWabbit, @CuddlyFoxes, @Rowdy Rac, @CM_Hunter

Hello All,

I have been thinking a whole lot about the Deep Sea Fishing in Big Farm, and all of the mess and upset the Aug. 16, 2017 update has created throughout the world on all servers!  I have read hundreds of posts on the forum.  How sad it is that so many players have left the game!  While I could give and have given a lot of suggestions to improve it and other things in the game as have many other players, I will reserve that for other forum posts and the test server for right now.    

GGS greatly devalued all of our time, money, and work, and everything we had built, bought, or caught for the Deep Sea Fishing!  They stole from us!!  They were not fair to all players!!  Some players were allowed to sell their deep sea fishing inventory, others were not! They did not put out a quality, finished product!  We lost great players in our Co-ops, who quit the game because of GGS’s theft!  Farms who had their money saved in their fishing inventory have been adversely affected or even bankrupt!  Tons of players are upset and this has really adversely affected the game and the desire to play it.

The only way I think it will help all of us players and be fair to all of us (some players were able to sell their fish inventory, others were not), the game, and the company to resolve this mess is to:

1. Remove the Deep Sea Fishing, the Fish Market, and the Fishing Hard Work Event from the game for right now.

2. Pay all players in farm dollars the amount that all of the remaining fish, and chum in their inventory is worth at 8/15/17 prices before the update.

3. Pay all players the amount that they paid before the update on 8/16/17 in farm dollars for all of the crew, freezers, and fishing equipment they have left in their deep sea fishing.

4.  Pay all players the amount that they paid in farm dollars for each level of all boats.  For example, for a level 6 boat, we paid to initially buy it, then the amounts for upgrades to level 2,3,4,5,and 6.

5. Pay all players the amount that each boat in their inventory from winning it in the Hard Work Fishing Event is worth if we bought it at pre 8/16/17 prices.

6. Give all players some added compensation for all this mess!!

7. Put the Deep Sea Fishing, Fishing Market and the Fishing Hard Work Event all on the test server and work WITH US to balance it out the right way, so that it works for all of us, GGS and the players!  With no bugs!!!  Make changes on the test server to see how they work for all of us.  If it is not working for GGS, tell us!  We are reasonable intelligent people and understand business needs too. We can give great feedback to you!!  When the feedback on the test server is positive, and all is working well, then reintroduce the Deep Sea Fishing to the game.  WITH NO BUGS!!! WITH EXCELLENT INSTRUCTIONS!!  I know that players on the test server would be happy to review them and give feedback too. If this is done right, many happy test server reviewers, will spread the word throughout all the players of the game.

8.  When you reintroduce everything, give the players the first boat to start, and some initital crew and equipment to get started. Let 2 regular Hard Work Events go by so we have a chance to learn how it all works, then reintroduce the Fishing Hard Work Event.

9. We loved the Deep Sea Fishing!  It really energized the game!  Learn from all of this GGS!       We loved being able to make some progress in this game!!  Improve other things in the game so we can make some progress!  WE HATE BUGS!!! LISTEN TO US!!  Let us help GGS and GGS help the players by testing new things on the test server, make changes there until you have a quality product to introduce to the game WITHOUT BUGS!

Doing as I have suggested, in my opinion, with GGS acknowledging that they did not do the best for all of us, and apologizing to us, promising to do better, respecting us, working with us on the test server, listing to us, making changes as we give feedback or telling us why it will not work, working together to resolve this, then reintroducing a fun Deep Sea Fishing again, Fish Market, Fishing Hard Work Event as a QUALITY PRODUCT WITHOUT BUGS!! will go a long way to repairing this damage and restoring gold sales to GGS and player satisfaction and happiness.  We have had way too many problems in the game!  If GGS, the game, and our fun are going to go forward successfully, we much work together and changes from GGS MUST be made!!

10.  The most important thing that GGS could ever do to make all of the players so very happy and INCREASE gold sales for GGS!! AS COMPENSATION TO THE PLAYERS!!!  ADD A GOLD LOCK-I.E. A POP-UP THAT SAYS—ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR GOLD?  Yes or No buttons to click!  We all know that this is technically possible!!!!   The pop-up could be disabled in the settings by each player, so that those who do not care about it, would not be “bothered” by the gold lock pop-ups!!!  If GGS still does not WANT to do this, please explain to us WHY??!!

HAPPY RESPECTED PLAYERS WORKING WITH GGS, WHO LISTENS TO AND RESPECTS THEM MAKES FOR A SUCCESSFUL FUN GAME AND A SUCCESSFUL GGS COMPANY THAT WILL BE AROUND FOR MANY YEARS!!

***** I WELCOME ALL COMMENTS FROM EVERYONE!!

U hit them with hammer now they arnt gonna listen to u BTW they wernt listen before :expressionless:
  • @Corvid (GB1) I don`t disagree with what you are saying & I did say at the end of my last post:
    anyone that has their boats upgraded already, is a lot better off than those who are new to the DSF, as it will be very much harder to build up a fleet now.
    The point I was making, was not that everything  is great, but that I did not understand why people were slamming the hotfix, when today, compared to yesterday, is so much better. I already said I was disappointed with the way they chose to "fix" the cash problem & there are definately some bizarre numbers in the market, for example I have seen contracts with 1x water being the reward for several different fish & different amounts of them, which could only work out if each type of fish has been reduced in price by very different %'s. So yes there is a lot that still needs fixing & we will not know if they do that successfully until all the fixing has been done.

I was very down before the hotfix, because I felt the whole feature was unplayable & now I am able to play it again & so even though it is temporary,  I choose to be happy about the improvements & if me finding something to smile about, offends you, there is not much I can do about that.

• Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    As I have said from the very beginning .... each person will have their own view of this entire situation, depending on how they were affected by the entire dockyard situation.  It will depend on how much time they put in, whether or not they spent gold, whether or not they had a chance to sell off their inventory, whether or not they had the cash to spare and invest for upgrades, and what they were left with when the changes were made.

Their level of anger or acceptance will be based on these circumstances.
  • woo hoo I finally have seen one swordfish pool since this fix, all of my contracts want clams and a lot of them yet I very rarely see those pools maybe if i'm lucky one a day with not enough clams in them to complete an order. I I have been sending out my boats trying and trying. I got lucky with the event because I actually had 2 pools and I fished for the oysters, so that is playing out but the boats that caught the salmon have to sit and wait because of course I didn't get another swordfish pool to try to get more salmon which is the next one up.

sigh this is still very annoying, have to be so careful with the money to make sure I have some since no selling of all the fish I hoarded lol.  I'm still playing less and still not buying gold or using gold, still having a hard time getting past the removal of part of the game I very much enjoyed.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    I agree. Not getting the money for the deep sea fish anymore sucks big time. That was the only way I could afford to upgrade. I don't play as much as I did, cause I know I will run out of money to fast. I spent a lot of money on gold. I will not be buying gold now as I am totally disappointed in them taking away something that gave me reason to play harder, and spend more gold. I even took the game with me on trips cause I enjoyed fishing so darn much. I have to say I am NOT BUYING GOLD until we get paid for our deep sea fishing again, I loved it to much. Making money from the fish to afford upgrades.
    I understand and like you I was really enjoying the game the way it was and not so much now.

BUT we are never going to get that back, GGS wll never put it back read what Wabbit posted.

@Shay1968 (US1) If you are asking if the high sale prices will be brought back, the answer is no. 

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

In any event --- so not impressed and so obvious GGS still expects loyalty while continuing the overall neglect and not listening to its customer base - no longer can say customer/player
    Doesn't that just say it all.  

How true
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 26.08.2017
    whether or not they had the cash to spare and invest for upgrades,
    How could anyone not have cash for that? All you needed was 3600 dollars for the first boat. After that DSF in original version was self-sustainable, provided enough cash for all DSF related purchases, upgrades and much more. Only if one didn't play it at all or didn't play it smart. :) But in that case, why would they be angry? :)
  • is there any chance of changing the group of hard work events ??? lvl 56-999 in one group is really unfair.. as lower ranks wont have any chance at all to be in the top 50
  • Prince13 (INT1)Prince13 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 87

so the purpose of so called " balance " by cutting our profit from the deep sea fish is to keep me playing the game in the future

right ?

then how come I did not log into the game the very next day after that update till now !!

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

Hello All,

I have been thinking a whole lot about the Deep Sea Fishing in Big Farm, and all of the mess and upset the Aug. 16, 2017 update has created throughout the world on all servers!  I have read hundreds of posts on the forum.  How sad it is that so many players have left the game!  While I could give and have given a lot of suggestions to improve it and other things in the game as have many other players, I will reserve that for other forum posts and the test server for right now.    

GGS greatly devalued all of our time, money, and work, and everything we had built, bought, or caught for the Deep Sea Fishing!  They stole from us!!  They were not fair to all players!!  Some players were allowed to sell their deep sea fishing inventory, others were not! They did not put out a quality, finished product!  We lost great players in our Co-ops, who quit the game because of GGS’s theft!  Farms who had their money saved in their fishing inventory have been adversely affected or even bankrupt!  Tons of players are upset and this has really adversely affected the game and the desire to play it.

The only way I think it will help all of us players and be fair to all of us (some players were able to sell their fish inventory, others were not), the game, and the company to resolve this mess is to:

1. Remove the Deep Sea Fishing, the Fish Market, and the Fishing Hard Work Event from the game for right now.

2. Pay all players in farm dollars the amount that all of the remaining fish, and chum in their inventory is worth at 8/15/17 prices before the update.

3. Pay all players the amount that they paid before the update on 8/16/17 in farm dollars for all of the crew, freezers, and fishing equipment they have left in their deep sea fishing.

4.  Pay all players the amount that they paid in farm dollars for each level of all boats.  For example, for a level 6 boat, we paid to initially buy it, then the amounts for upgrades to level 2,3,4,5,and 6.

5. Pay all players the amount that each boat in their inventory from winning it in the Hard Work Fishing Event is worth if we bought it at pre 8/16/17 prices.

7. Put the Deep Sea Fishing, Fishing Market and the Fishing Hard Work Event all on the test server and work WITH US to balance it out the right way, so that it works for all of us, GGS and the players!  With no bugs!!!  Make changes on the test server to see how they work for all of us.  If it is not working for GGS, tell us!  We are reasonable intelligent people and understand business needs too. We can give great feedback to you!!  When the feedback on the test server is positive, and all is working well, then reintroduce the Deep Sea Fishing to the game.  WITH NO BUGS!!! WITH EXCELLENT INSTRUCTIONS!!  I know that players on the test server would be happy to review them and give feedback too. If this is done right, many happy test server reviewers, will spread the word throughout all the players of the game.

8.  When you reintroduce everything, give the players the first boat to start, and some initital crew and equipment to get started. Let 2 regular Hard Work Events go by so we have a chance to learn how it all works, then reintroduce the Fishing Hard Work Event.

9. We loved the Deep Sea Fishing!  It really energized the game!  Learn from all of this GGS!       We loved being able to make some progress in this game!!  Improve other things in the game so we can make some progress!  WE HATE BUGS!!! LISTEN TO US!!  Let us help GGS and GGS help the players by testing new things on the test server, make changes there until you have a quality product to introduce to the game WITHOUT BUGS!

Doing as I have suggested, in my opinion, with GGS acknowledging that they did not do the best for all of us, and apologizing to us, promising to do better, respecting us, working with us on the test server, listing to us, making changes as we give feedback or telling us why it will not work, working together to resolve this, then reintroducing a fun Deep Sea Fishing again, Fish Market, Fishing Hard Work Event as a QUALITY PRODUCT WITHOUT BUGS!! will go a long way to repairing this damage and restoring gold sales to GGS and player satisfaction and happiness.  We have had way too many problems in the game!  If GGS, the game, and our fun are going to go forward successfully, we much work together and changes from GGS MUST be made!!

10.  The most important thing that GGS could ever do to make all of the players so very happy and INCREASE gold sales for GGS!! AS COMPENSATION TO THE PLAYERS!!!  ADD A GOLD LOCK-I.E. A POP-UP THAT SAYS—ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR GOLD?  Yes or No buttons to click!  We all know that this is technically possible!!!!   The pop-up could be disabled in the settings by each player, so that those who do not care about it, would not be “bothered” by the gold lock pop-ups!!!  If GGS still does not WANT to do this, please explain to us WHY??!!

HAPPY RESPECTED PLAYERS WORKING WITH GGS, WHO LISTENS TO AND RESPECTS THEM MAKES FOR A SUCCESSFUL FUN GAME AND A SUCCESSFUL GGS COMPANY THAT WILL BE AROUND FOR MANY YEARS!!

THIS!!!!! Word for word.  I could not have said it better.

And now this…. A very bad sign when someone good chooses to bail on the company.  My guess it's not the last.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/160280/pichu-leaves-the-treehouse

It's obvious GG doesn't care, or even realize what crappy treatment of it's customers means to them.
    Someone please explain to me what logic they seem to believe all this will do?   
    Roll out something untested, which everyone LOVED.   Wait until vast amounts of time, resources, and often enough real money was spent on it, they rip it away without fair notice and despite many complaints AND lost customers, gold spenders no less, they still flat out refuse to put it back?   

HOW can they possibly believe this will end up being profitable to them?  Selling fish for farm dollars costed them nothing.  It's just a number in a game.  However many people DID spend gold to upgrade faster and all that.   Same people who have posted here, (probably more than we can see thanks to the ever vigilant mods deleting posts.) who said flat out no more gold spending on this game.   My gold spending stopped when NO gold lock of any kind is put in place.  Probably never will.  Again STUPID MEETS STUPID and comes up with STUPID plans.   Shake my pockets all you like. You will earn NOTHING because your too stupid to even know how stupid you are!

So again, how is this helping GG?  Or how do THEY THINK this will be helping GG? What is the logic behind their "rebalancing?"  Clearing out server space from vacating players is all I see being balanced here.

As for the whole deep see crap?   Not for me.  I am NOT watching pools for what fish are where.  I could not possibly care less at this point.  Boats go out empty, get what they get, and that's only the last thing I do IF and only IF I have time.   I might click on the market, usually just delete the insane requests.  Sometimes don't even bother looking.   
    Already stopped doing ANYTHING with the coop village.  NO balance there at all.  NO profit to be made anywhere.  Total fail!  

So tell me now?  What got balanced?   Was it about making the fishing thing as UNprofitable as the coop village?  Yea that seemed to work.  It's much closer now to not being worth the trouble.  Certainly NOT fun.
    Not worth any more of my time.   Yea good job there GG.  Stupid is as stupid does.
  • Do all of us a favor and just drop the stupid bonus items on every contract? We want cold hard cash, not karma points, rakes, brushes and water.

• T.O.P (INT1)T.O.P (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    PLEASE STOP giving us fishing equipments as a rewards for FHWE. We don't even use it  plus we can't even sell it.  So how can you consider it as a reward when it only goes to the orange tab after getting it. 
  • HappyEd1 (US1)HappyEd1 (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    I am doing the Fish Hard Worker event. Next item when clams are done??- salmon!! I have not seen 1 no not even 1 salmon since the original update to "rebalance" the fishing fleet- how can this be considered fair? So do I spend my very fixed pension money to skip, or will Big Fish management pay me back for this obviously unfair condition??  This just plain s_ _ ks!!!
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    @Corvid (GB1) I don`t disagree with what you are saying & I did say at the end of my last post:
    anyone that has their boats upgraded already, is a lot better off than those who are new to the DSF, as it will be very much harder to build up a fleet now.
    The point I was making, was not that everything  is great, but that I did not understand why people were slamming the hotfix, when today, compared to yesterday, is so much better. I already said I was disappointed with the way they chose to "fix" the cash problem & there are definately some bizarre numbers in the market, for example I have seen contracts with 1x water being the reward for several different fish & different amounts of them, which could only work out if each type of fish has been reduced in price by very different %'s. So yes there is a lot that still needs fixing & we will not know if they do that successfully until all the fixing has been done.

I was very down before the hotfix, because I felt the whole feature was unplayable & now I am able to play it again & so even though it is temporary,  I choose to be happy about the improvements & if me finding something to smile about, offends you, there is not much I can do about that.

lol why the drama queen ending? you dont offend me in the slightest and nothing in my response remotely suggested that
  • Corvid (GB1) said:
    lol why the drama queen ending? you dont offend me in the slightest and nothing in my response remotely suggested that
    @Corvid (GB1) lol that was in response to your ending, which made me feel like Aww I`m not allowed to be smiley  .... I must have misinterpreted it, whew *resumes smileyness* yeahyeahyeah photo springengif
    whether or not they had the cash to spare and invest for upgrades,
    How could anyone not have cash for that? All you needed was 3600 dollars for the first boat. After that DSF in original version was self-sustainable, provided enough cash for all DSF related purchases, upgrades and much more. Only if one didn't play it at all or didn't play it smart. :) But in that case, why would they be angry? :)
    I didn't actually have the cash to spare when starting the Dockyard.  I had to sell all my honey cream and soap just to have cash to upgrade the dockyard and buy Trawlers.  Did I HAVE to buy Trawlers?  No.  But common sense is to invest and upgrade quickly for the profit AND for the FHWE they put out at the same time.  I did buy a few motorboats and runabouts first off because they were cheap and quick to build which helped make the cash to upgrade further. I am angry because I spent my time and any cash earned from the dockyard to reinvest back into the dockyard and boats to build them up.  Had the facts been on the table, I would not have bothered with the Dockyard the way it is now and would have spent my upgrade time upgrading buildings on my farms instead.
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491

Hello All,

nice thoughts but you realize will never happen. 

GGS is testing waters on how miniscule amounts of "temporary fixes" (again look at all GGS's comments through mods have been) and ridculous, negative excuses layered with pink fluffy stuff continue to see how much the market and customers will bear - how long before customers quit complaining, play more and buy more gold.  

loss of some players? - the bean counters have accounted for that - loss of gold?? - if not predicted in advance since this was a planned and intentional move (DSF >> 8/16 sabatoge >> a few lame, negative and insulting excuses >>> ridiculaous 8/25 "fix") -  they are recaculating that part - really listen to the players?? pretty much ZERO >> test server?? what test server (joke) 

People that continue to play will ADJUST  their game play as many are now doing too accomodate the new and enforced game play - the way GGS says we must play.

Just think this is a private forum that GGS controls - so really who listens?

we are supposed to be saying TY GGS and this hotfix 

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Sissors, lets be real there were a few persons commenting on not complaining per se  such as Kamilcon, buddy, come to mind saying that the strategy for farming was changing, we had rustyfarmer wanting us to have boats damaged or some such thing  but NOT A LOT of players complaining they were getting too much. GGS  never got such high praise before and am sure never will again.   The damage is done their reputation is in ruins  lots of players have left, more are staying due to being in leadership roles, or friends that they made, time in game ect are playing but weakly, we putter rather than playing with the joy we once had.  The people complaining is more about there was not enough of a change I see some change and that is a help but have to agree not enough help to get really involved.  I am doing fine in the FHWE without trying.  NO matter what your selling you cant disrespect yr customers to the extent GGS did and expect to make a profit. They have alienated so many players myself included with the way they handled this whole rebalancing,  no gold protection is an ongoing ethical issue that now has new revelance.  It is not the amount of money to be made or not made for me my farms were all built to max other than leveling up last two levels it is about being treated in such a manner that SVU  needed to called in.  I can only imagine and sympathize for the newer players.
  • I have read everything GGS has said.  I have read every post and every comment on those posts. (CraftyCritters offered a brilliant and fair solution.)  Unfortunately, it's extremely unlikely that GGS will ever listen to what any of us say.  GGS doesn't care what we say.  They are not going to let us sell our fish.  They are not going to improve the fish market contracts.  After the FHWE, the small temporary improvements will revert back.  People can threaten to stop buying gold. People can threaten to stop playing the game.  People can actually stop playing the game.  It doesn't matter.  GGS doesn't care what we say, they only look at the gold sales and statistics of farm activity.  

In my opinion we only have one option that might force GGS to listen to us. Stop doing anything with the fish.  Don't do the Fishing HWE.  Don't send out your fleet.  Don't buy any boats or fleet supplies.  Don't upgrade any boats or the Dockyard.  Don't complete any Fish Market orders.  Don't make any chum. Don't do anything connected to the Deep Sea Fishing. For most of us, putting the deepsea fishing on hold won't be a loss at all (do you really need that drop of water?).  For those few who already have an extensive fleet and seem to be happy with the fishing, maybe they could support the rest of us on the chance that fishing could be a lot better for all of us.

As long as people keep fishing and filling Fish Market orders and keep buying gold, GGS will not make changes.  They like how it is now.  They don't care if we are happy. They have stolen our farmdollars; they have made our fish inventory worthless; they have stolen our gold; and they are happy about it. They would do it again if they could.  They have no incentive to change anything.   

If all we do is posts complaints, nothing will change.  If we continue to exchange fish for a few drops of water and a 'promise' of something better later, things will never get better.  If GGS can keep us playing their game by giving us false promises, that is all we will ever get - false promises.  

If you trust GGS and believe what they tell you, go ahead and keep fishing.  If you are tired of being lied to, ignored, cheated and fed false promises, stop fishing.

GGS does not care what we say.  But if we all work together in a grassroots movement, there is a small chance they will listen to our actions.

CC
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Sissors said
    I am curious though, even as it is now, the best profits that can be made, will come from having a good fleet of boats & a good level market, so if the feature had been added now as it is today & the last 3 months had not happened, wouldn`t you still build up your boats & your market?

No am not sure that I would have at all in the same way that I did certainly not using gold to rush through upgrading because a FHWE was on  that was a crafty, or devious, cunning maybe ploy on GGS to get players to use gold and it worked,  this was not oh my goodness look at the mistake we made  it was all carefully crafted to be devious  and self serving  they knew full well what they were doing.  That is why there is such deafening silence from GGS  it is all too obvious to most of us.  
  • @WascallyWabbit, @CuddlyFoxes, @Rowdy Rac, @CM_Hunter

Hello All,

U hit them with hammer now they arnt gonna listen to u BTW they wernt listen before :expressionless:

FYI.... I edited my post to add:

edit.. I forgot to add the daily deep sea fishing tasks, need to remove those too and when reinstated, make them things that can be obtained each day without using gold, so they will help all players. 

I do hope that GGS will listen to everyone on the forum.  Changes must be made to properly balance many things in the game for this game to be successful in the future.  There have been a of good suggestions.

Sissors said
    I am curious though, even as it is now, the best profits that can be made, will come from having a good fleet of boats & a good level market, so if the feature had been added now as it is today & the last 3 months had not happened, wouldn`t you still build up your boats & your market?

No am not sure that I would have at all in the same way that I did certainly not using gold to rush through upgrading because a FHWE was on  that was a crafty, or devious, cunning maybe ploy on GGS to get players to use gold and it worked,  this was not oh my goodness look at the mistake we made  it was all carefully crafted to be devious  and self serving  they knew full well what they were doing.  That is why there is such deafening silence from GGS  it is all too obvious to most of us.  
    I certainly would not have.  I was a bit slow to build anything.  I upgraded the dockyard a bit and bought a couple small boats for the very first FWHE.  I looked at the prices of the boats and at first glance thought, another money pit.  It wasn't until a couple days later when making a spreadsheet and boat calculator that I realized the financial potential, which at that point sold off everything of value in inventory to upgrade my dockyard to the max in order to buy Trawlers.  I had all my fish in inventroy, just waiting to reach level 130 to be able to upgrade again.  I couldn't wait to reach level 130, I was so excited when I reached level 129, ONE level to go!!  I was using premium feed to get the extra xp and even buying it from the guy in the blue overalls by the market.  I finally reach level 130 (after the update).  I have not upgraded not one boat. So no, I certainly would not have upgraded my boats, dockyard, or market.  
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    No one has mentioned that being able to sell fish only through the fish market means that your fish are, by definition, WORTHLESS until you're lucky enough to be offered a contract that will buy them.  The amount you can then sell and the price you will then receive are valid only for that ONE contract and it is quite obvious that the contracts vary wildly.  Is it possible to calculate, plan and optimize profits for DSF?  NO!!!  Those profits are utterly controlled by the whims of BigFarm through the contracts they deign to offer.

There's only one strategy that can be used now - catch all the fish you can to enable you to fill any random contract that shows up, and HOPE that BigFarm will allow you a profit over time.  They usually do.  It's usually small.  But they've removed any control a player has over the outcome of his playing.

So once again, GGS has turned game players and strategizers into mere gambling addicts. 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I think they know that direct sales of fish must return.  I agree that the prices must be substantially lower.  But direct sales must return.  

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    From what I have seen of the contracts, I must either prepare for a drought because they keep being a bunch of raindrops with a very low $ amount for a lot of fish....well, I think I can do better to make chum for my bronze and silver mystery boxes in the Lab. So the contracts have little value for me except the pleasure of flushing them! :smiley:
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 26.08.2017

Have you seen any of these gifts. I don't. Water, water, water.
    Here are the tokens @blossom (GR1) although I may have to decline this wonderful contract because I'm not even close even with the hot fix.

Programmers... I strongly request that you please reconsider this hot fix only to be temporary and make it permanent. As you can see I am now holding 3 contracts that I hope to get filled so I can move on. 

Have you seen any of these gifts. I don't. Water, water, water.
    Here are the tokens @blossom (GR1) although I may have to decline this wonderful contract because I'm not even close even with the hot fix.

Programmers... I strongly request that you please reconsider this hot fix just as temporary because as you can see I am now holding 3 contracts that I hope to get filled so I can move on.

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  May I please ask what they are asking for to receive the one token under you Holiday resort contract?
    Thank you
  • JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    some kind of glitch at the DSF market while it appears that I have 1 MO and the rest have 7 minutes - this is not true

Filled and sent a batch of 4 then immediately reopened the DSF market

imagine my surprise to see a MO "ready to fill" again ---

so...as soon as I fill and send the "fillable" order and send and immediately reopen the market one of the orders on a timer (but only one) becomes immediately available been filling and sending for the last 6 minutes .....

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    @Shay1968 (US1), they want 357 clams.
Sign In to comment.