Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New deep sea fishing system Price&Cost Chart (Need some Feedback&Help too)

Comments

• Thanks Surya54 (INT1), updated the table, now only some other extra prizes "cost" are missing. you have been great help my friend :)
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Finally I have got my market up to level 2, i.e. 4 contracts , and magically I am getting the odd lobster pool . Is anyone else getting this or is it just coincidence ?
  • giles 5 (GB1)giles 5 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 14
    Right guys, I have not got a clue how the fish market operates?could someone give mea idiot guide to operate fish market before I destroy more trawllers? thanks guys much appreciated.
    Basically, the fish market works like the organic market on your farm, you fill contracts , and as you fill a number of them, the market will improve, giving you more contracts and eventually a bonus payment on top .The problem is that most of the profit you make is now taken away by the "valuable rewards " that you get as part payment for your fish . So at the moment it makes no money . Also most contracts ask for fish  that seem to be unobtainable at the moment, so you can't do contracts to level up the market ( this could be described as a  no-Catch-22 situation lol ) . I wouldn't scrap your boats yet however, because it could easily change . Trawlers will still catch a fair few fish if you send them with very few crew , so I would suggest doing that, try to fill a few contracts even at a loss , to level up your market . Either the fish pools will improve as you improve your market , or the frequency will be improved, as otherwise this part of the game is a total dead end .

• Thank you Griffith for starting this thread!
    I have some roses in a contract.

I think that 1 Rose Seed Equals to 127,389 $
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @garybaldy (GB1) I've been at Level 2 for 2 days now and early this morning got my first lobster pool with over 800 red fellas waiting to be caught.  :)
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Why is it that the Karma is valued at more for the fish market but less for the organic market?

Karma is only valued at about 20K in the organic market.

Probably because GGS are doing their utmost to stop the flow of dollars from the deepsea fishing , the whole situation looks like a quick fix to me, the market graphics are poor , the numbers do not seem to have been thought through very well . I favour the c*ck-up rather than the conspiracy theory , probably the dollars from fishing were destined for a future game feature that has been delayed , and the sheer amounts that some players were building up would cause problems , maybe the field sizes in a lot of the code would need altering, who knows .
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Swordfish, salmon and tuna are very rare but sell values are not that different from herring and cod
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Example of the fulfilled contract:

It's worth $828,356 (karma ball raw price included)
    Expenses to doing this contract (assuming boat return with full load, one of many ways):
    1. Skipjack lvl 1 (3 Freezers, 3 Nancy, and Victor) cost $112K for 32 Cods
    2. Wherry lvl 6 (6 Thermic Boxes, 4 James, and Victor) cost $176,4K for 37 Cods
    3. Runabout lvl 6 (4 Coolboxes, 4 Paul, Gerald, and Rake) cost $77,95K for 46 Osyters
    Total Expenses: $366,650
    Profit (Pure Farm Dollars only): $362,046
    You should not get so little fish from a level 6 wherry and level 1 skipjack.  You should get 136 fish from norfolk wherry and 111 from skipjack if equipped correctly and before any disasters.  
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    You should not get so little fish from a level 6 wherry and level 1 skipjack.  You should get 136 fish from norfolk wherry and 111 from skipjack if equipped correctly and before any disasters.  
    Thanks for the warning. In Wherry and Skipjack, it doesn't mention the other fish, only fish needed for fulfill the contract (sorry about that). In your strategy, you using the standard crew/equipment for your Wherry and Skipjack, no problem. Everyone have their own strategy, so I can't doubt it
  • Thanks mariam64 (GR1) Updated the table with cost of Gold (based on GGS screenshot-Needs confirmation) and Rose Seeds (based on your screenshot - Needs confirmation) too.
    edited 21.08.2017
    After all the hard work. I'll keep post if there's something new in my DSF Market

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) Here's the picture of 3rd stage fish market

• Hi I know everyone is very dis-motivated about fishing and such, but those who have already gotten over it, I would like some help.
    The general/most profitable contracts so far to me seems like "karma points + dollars" contracts.

Now I need help from those who willing to help, so maybe we can make a spreadsheet about ~raw fish and chum prices + other prizes cost(dollar reduction).

-----------------------

(Thanks to Surya54 (INT1), JVD (US1)Southern (US1)maxiroy (US1), Shay1968 (US1), garybaldy (GB1), Tsuiri (US1), KarenKay (US1), mariam64 (GR1) for helping to create this Chart & calculate the prices/cost, and thanks to everyone for all the help.)

***Important Notice 1***
    You may notice some difference in cost of non-dollar prizes in some contracts "that ONLY have non-dollar prizes, & no dollar". That means they have a "Max" cost/value, (karma = 25000, rake = 312500, brush= 375000, etc) But if there be no dollar in the contract prizes, then these other items cost/value can be "less than max" and that is most probably due to "rounding up". meaning that for example If you have a contract with ~400000 value for some shrimp for example, then if there be no dollar prize in the contract, it can give you 1 rake + 1 brush even (while normally it would cost 687500 dollar, but since GGS can't give 1 rake + ~0.3 brush, then that's is why the contract gives 1 rake and 1 brush instead).

***Important Notice 2***
    The numbers shown in these Tables are NOT net profit.
    ------------
    Simple Profit Calculator V 0.21:

*Important Note Before Use*
    Do NOT use this calculator unless you use Trawlers for catching fish only, or unless you can catch fish with any other type of boat with less cost than 782 dollars per fish caught.

You can download the Beta Version of the Profit Calculator from Here.

A few other notes before you start using the calculator:
    *Fish Qx: Total Quantity of Fish Type X
    *Chum Qy: Total Quantity of Chum Type Y
    *LSL: Lester Stash Level (enter number from 0 to 80)
    *CB %: Contract Bonus % (enter number from 0 to 25)
    *Contract Dollar: The amount of dollar that is shown in the contract (if the contract gives no dollar then enter 0)
    *Karma P.: Number of Karma points shown in the contract.
    *Brush: Number of Brush shown in the contract.
    *Rake: Number of Rake shown in the contract.
    *Ignore other prizes mentioned such as Token, Gold, etc, for now, they are work in progress.
    *Dollars Stolen by GGS: The amount of dollars you have lost in exchange for the "extra prizes"(such as brush,rake,karma).
    *Profit: Dollars you get/lose in total after finishing the contract.
    *Ideal Profit: *This Section is still under progress too* for contracts that give no dollar at all this section still not works, and for contracts with dollars it is not perfect yet, but it can still be useful- Use it as a reference only to compare your "Profit" with "Ideal Profit", if the difference was too much, avoid the contract(unless you want the rare prizes instead of dollars) but if they were close enough then finish the contract.

*Fish Q1= Total Quantity of Fish Type X, on which you have applied your Lester stash bonus.
    *Fish T1= Type of Fish, on which you have applied your Lester stash.
    *Chum Q1= Total Quantity of Chum Type Y, on which you have applied your Lester stash bonus.
    *Chum Type1= Type of Chum, on which you have applied your Lester stash bonus.
    *Important Notice*: Since you can apply Lester stash bonus on only 1 item in any contract, if you have applied it on any type of Fish, then leave "Chum Q1 & Chum Type1" blank. And if you have applied Lester stash bonus on any type of Chum, then leave "Fish Q1" blank.

*Other Notes*
    1-This calculator does not consider "opportunity cost" and doesn't calculate"profit/hour".
    2-The cost of Chum (normal chum) is based on Chum that is made from Swordfish only. (P.S. you should never make Chum with other fish types anyway)
    3-The cost for catching fishes has been assumed as 782 dollars per Fish(regardless of type), This is based on Standard cost of catching 95 fish with a level 2 Trawler with "4 Roy + 4 Brigitte Combo", with 10% loss in catch being considered also.
    4-The cost of chums is based on: (Catching cost of the fishes related to making those chum types) + (Their Production cost)
    This means the "opportunity cost" has not been considered.
    5-If you have entered the numbers properly but the profit shows a "minus" number, that is not an error, it means you will make estimate that much dollar loss at least by fulfilling that contract.
    6-This calculator does not Optimize your "fishing profit", it simply can help a bit only to easier choose which contract may be worth doing or not.

Why is it called Beta Version?
    First and most importantly it is because I'm still hoping to much further improve this calculator in time, at the moment this calculator can only make it a bit easier to decide what contracts to do for the players who already know how to "efficiently catch fish" only. Since the "time" is an important factor too in fishing and in profit/hour, it might be in later possible to somehow link this Calculator with "DoctorX" dockyard calculator too if he has any motivation left to update his calculator with new Travel times for pools and other factors involved too though.
    Second reason is because I want to get feedback on how useful other players find this and what other changes they suggest or what improvements they suggest to be added to it to make it more complete. Consider it brainstorming. :)

------------

FAQ: What's the point Dude?! Burn it all!
    Answer: I agree I wanna burn it all too right now, but well we already made some ships and it takes few clicks to send them anyway, so why not at least gain some more knowledge about the new system too. (It certainly is worse than what it used to be though no argue with that, but even in this worse system, it is still better if we find the most profitable way at least)

FAQ: What if we find the most profitable way again and GGS nerf it again Dude?! Burn it all!
    Answer: I agree again but, we did make a bunch billions last time before GGS destroy our dreams, so maybe we can at least make some more before they do it again at least.

FAQ: Then What Dude?! Burn it all!
    Answer: Yea but, the point is together we identify "best type of contracts at least" (dollar-wise) first  (which seem to be the Karma + Dollars contracts at least to me right now) and second we at least help other players avoid making "loss" by doing wrong contracts or making wrong chum or so maybe. and third once we can calculate the "raw price" for fish and chum, then it won't take long before someone easily, make a dynamic Excell spreadsheet with "Lester stash level" + "Contract bonus level" to calculate what "we can make" with higher level lester stash and contract bonuses at least.

FAQ: Dude why does that even matter?! Burn it all!
    Answer: Yea agree again but, from a rough ~estimation and calculations that I did, assuming travel times have become 2x more, and fish price have become 1/2 less. we can still make 1/4 of the profit that we used to make in the old system, with doing "right contracts" in the new system, and eventually with ~20% more bonus from contract bonus, and maybe 10% less fish bonus from lester stash bonus. we can even make ~1/3 of the profit that we used to make in the old system. or even a little more even with higher level lester stash and contract bonus.
    Now 1/3 may still be very depressing yes, but for those who already was making ~100-200mil, and mastered old system, they know better that this can still mean ~33-66mil per day. which is certainly not as good as it was (damn u ggs) but is still a considerable amount of dollars per day.

------------
    P.S. @ my friends and everyone on forum: stay away from oyster/shrimp/clam contracts or chum contracts for now, till at least more data be gathered about them, otherwise you can make huge losses even or almost no profit. (unless you are a master calculator and are very careful)

P.S.2 @ my friends and everyone on forum: stay away from contracts that includes rare prizes (such as rake, brush, tokens etc) for now, unless you don't mind losing lots of dollars for a few brush. (and unless you are a master calculator and are very careful)

P.S.3 @ my friends and everyone on forum: If you are too confused whether it worth it or not to make/upgrade expensive ships anymore, or if you just recently started deep sea fishing and not have many boats, stick to making a bunch of Level 2 trawlers, and send them out to fish anything (aside from oyster/clam/shrimp preferably) with this simple combo:
    4 x Roy (from fish/hour crew) + 4 x Brigitte (from Travel speed crew)
    Ofcourse this only works for players who are at least high level enough to make Trawlers, for lower level players unfortunately I can not give an easy-solution / combo suggestion yet, since too many factors are involved and i have limited knowledge still about profits of the new system yet, sorry.

P.S.4@ my friends and everyone on forum: Do not use Large Freezer (with trawlers) for catching Oyster, Clam, Shrimp.

hey hi, basically i just want to sale my sword fish , but i m not getting sale option
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @smoking1306 (IN1)  The ability to sell  your DS fish directly has been removed. You now can only sell through the fish market.
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Waste of dollars and time. No point anymore....You lose money just sending out boats with no real way of recouping the money.  The farm market lets you selling out right or use the market and so should the fish market. This update is the most unfair so far...
    edited 25.08.2017
    What I've got in last 3 days
    (Price of 1 Water is $62492, while price of 1 seaweed feed is $48651. Both of them still need to be confirmed, though)

Post edited by Surya54 (INT1) on
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Oh boy!  A contract with TWO seaweed feed.  That is BRILLIANT!  It takes 20 seaweed feed to start a cowshed with a water tower that is maxed (spending gold to upgrade of course).  So one would only need to do TEN of those contracts.... Splendid.  And technically, they are NOT rewards for completing the contract because the cost is deducted from the cash price.  Yes, this is certainly not very appealing. 
  • Thanks Surya54 (INT1) , Updated the table with "water" and "seaweed feed" costs too.
    Unfortunately I still can't calculate Super Fertilizer and that other Super feed (is it super duck feed?) costs though since Well there's 3 things i don't know in that equation: 1: cost of super fertilizer, 2: what type that super feed even is, 3:cost of that specific super feed.

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    What do you think about fishing pool difference, is it perhaps only worth it to fish in herring and tuna pools until all the tuna is gone and make sure to try to catch more of whatever fish is lower in the inventory? Unfortunately lobster, cod, salmon and swordfish are much more uncommon to find now so much more emphasis should be put on those pools when they arise and lower emphasis on pools with more frequent fish types.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 25.08.2017
    truth be told I think GGS will realize their mistake soon and will soon return the "sell button" with -5% less price for fishes comparing with the prices in the table of the first post of this thread. (example if Herring is 5045 dollar in table now, it will be available to sell for 4800 dollar after GGS returns the Sell button probably). So practically I think right now best is to catch and build a stock of "all types of fishes" (with the priority to highest price vs distance, profit/hour) while totally ignoring oyster/shrimp/clam pools. so if there's cod in 14 hour distance pool while there's herring/tuna in 5 hour pool, personally I would go for Tuna/herring first than the cod cause even if cod worth more still it's possible to catch the tuna/herring much faster, so it results in higher profit/hour (as long as GGS returns the sell button).

But on the other hand there also exists a possibility that if GGS remains stubborn enough to totally kill the motivation for most players and not return the sell button at all(or not anytime soon), then as you said it is better to give the priority to "balanced stock" of all types (still ofcourse i would suggest avoiding oyster/shrimp/clam pools as much as can unless you're really professional in fishing and always do calculations before sending boats), this means that it is better to fish more of the fish types that you have less of them compared to other types, as long as the pools for those other fishes exist ofc (which doesn't seem to apply right now anyway since I personally have more than 10k herring and less than 1000 of any other type right now since i don't really bother with oyster/etc and swordfish/lobster pools are kind of extinct for me too).

Either way of these 2 ^ ways is the choice you have to make, and both have their own risks. So I can't really say which is best, but personally I'm doing it the first way, and am hoping for GGS to return the sell button and if they "give solid information" that they "won't bring sell button back" then I won't even bother much with fishing anymore forever probably cause i don't wanna "raise costs" for myself to catch any more herring while never getting a single herring contract.

-------

P.S. ofcourse there exists a 3rd way too which is "sacrificing profit" for "upgrading market" too, But you gotta be really rich or really without a care to do this or you gotta still have really high motivation for fishing cause it will probably cost you alot  of "opportunity loss" or even high amount of net loss if not careful. I would totally not suggest this 3rd way but it is still a choice too.
    edited 25.08.2017
    Just found this 'unique' contract (1 FXP equals $10, needs confirmation due to update)

Post edited by Surya54 (INT1) on
  • APK (IN1)APK (IN1) Posts: 49
    edited 25.08.2017
    I have got contracts which will give Decoration Parts...See this...
    Around 800 dollars for each decoration part...

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I run fish market with profit and my basic calc and observation suggest that it is capable of delivering several milions a day. You just can't run it as you did before revamp. Still the system is in total mess and needs tweeking of both contracts and pools.
    yeah Surya54(INT1)....you are right...I have also calculated based on my following contract...it is 10$ for each FXP....

Hello Griffith(INT1)....

This is one of my contract which will give me 1 water drop for 64 clams...

If I consider your calculated clam price(for each clam, it is 1378$), then the total dollar price is=1378*64=88192$ but your calculated price for one water drop is 62500$...

Now, instead of it, if I consider your calculated Water Drop Price(for each, it is 62500$), then each clam price should be 62500/64=977$(approx.)...But your calculated price for each clam is 1378$...

So, either Water Drop Price is wrong or Clam Price is wrong...

edited 26.08.2017
    Hi APK (IN1),
    Thanks for the feedback as you know GGS has ran a quick hotfix yesterday and since then, the market contracts have changed a bit, so it is possible some prices may have changed. Thanks for notifying about it, I will try to test the prices with more contracts again to see if they're still valid or what's going on with this case.

It is simply their habit to make some changes that are hidden in the announcement they make. like how suddenly karma points/brush/rake are scarce now in contracts and lots of decoration parts and FXP and water has appeared instead now.

Either way still many thanks for heads up my friend I will recheck all prices as soon as get different contracts again.
    edited 26.08.2017
    Very Important Notice!

Due to the recent update, some of the numbers (mainly regarding water cost) in the table(of first post of this thread) seemed off kind of, until I can confirm what's going on I decided to temporarily at least remove the table and calculator too.
    Post edited by Griffith (INT1) on
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Very Important Notice!

Due to the recent update, some of the numbers (mainly regarding water cost) in the table(of first post of this thread) seemed off kind of, until I can confirm what's going on I decided to temporarily at least remove the table and calculator too.
    The item "devalue" costs  are usefull even if they are not 100 % correct just as a rough guide. I'd appreciate if you could leave the table there with just a note as to it's possible inacuracy instead of deleting it completely. I didn't take a coppy of it.

Or I think it was copied in another thread so if somebody can point me to that if knows where it is.

Thanks either way. :)
    They're really make non-dollars reward more expensive. Got the contract with rose seeds and the price at $382500 per seed (calculation using old fish price system)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file