Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    How do I delete a quote?  I wanted to only quote a portion of Stef7s comment about not buying any more gold that this was the last day to play....but I got all of Artful's too...so I tried to delete what I could....It is just that until I know for sure what is going to happen with this BF game (I am concerned that it too is going down the tubes), there is no way I am investing any more money into it...there are other forms of more sure entertainment.  I don't like the thought of all that waste.  Money in my household does not come easy.
    I never said not to buy anymore gold!

I also never said anything about today being the last day to play!

Please do not say I said stuff I did not.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    How do I delete a quote?  I wanted to only quote a portion of Stef7s comment about not buying any more gold that this was the last day to play....but I got all of Artful's too...so I tried to delete what I could....It is just that until I know for sure what is going to happen with this BF game (I am concerned that it too is going down the tubes), there is no way I am investing any more money into it...there are other forms of more sure entertainment.  I don't like the thought of all that waste.  Money in my household does not come easy.
    Click "edit."  Highlight what you don't want and delete it.  (Sometimes you have to do it a few lines at a time -- this forum format has a mind of its own.)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • It is going to take me at least a month to fill one contract of 24 oysters and 34 herring.
    that is not worth bothering to do.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    ♪♫♬♩♬♩

Let me tell you how it will be
    There's one for you, nineteen for me
    'Cause I am goodgame, yeah, I'm the goodgame
    Should five per cent appear too small
    Be thankful I don't take it all
    'Cause I am goodgame, yeah I'm goodgame
    If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
    If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
    If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
    If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.
    Don't ask me what I want it for
    If you don't want to pay some more
    'Cause I am goodgame, yeah, I'm goodgame
    Now my advice for those who die
    Declare the pennies on your eyes
    'Cause I am goodgame, yeah, I'm goodgame
    And you're working for no one but me.
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Guess once your an abuser you forfeit your rights to complain so am banning my self from the forum as it is clear all our complaints are falling on deaf years and they are not going to listen to our anger and backlash good luck to those remain:  1 Timothy 1:18
  • I am deeply irritated by the Deep Sea changes.  I spent plenty of time and a few $ getting that running so I could AFFORD some of the absurd "prices" in the game.  I get adjusting prices, but I DO NOT get suddenly axing ALL fishing profits.  I want my $ back, this is RIDICULOUS! 
  • WOOOHOOO finally ONE lobster pool !!!!! No swordfish, cod, salmon yet !!!!!
      Thats sad ---------it's the little things that make you happy!!! Mr Krabs would be proud !! Have no idea what made me think of Sponge Bob !!!
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Sorry to be disappointed, but here's what I've got now  ;)

Actually not disappointed at all you have been working a lot on your market.  Maybe the more we do the better the haul?  If so it does give some hope.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    U know ggs sent me the survey massage they got a nerve even to ask on this update what they done to the players as I said before they didn't even try to read our massages they just delete our post I post 4 messages yesterday and non of them can be find on this forum lol
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    GGS need to go back to school has I have two order exactly the same for two different pay out's  
    The payouts are different because the karma ball amounts are different. The karma balls are NOT rewards, they are not free. There IS a cost to them and it is deducted from the cost of the fish.  
    What u do with a satisfiction survey I clear let them no we don't need any thing what we are having on our farm simply click on the very 1 options on all question  :( never try to read that out what were they even asking about  :p
  • Bevk (INT1)Bevk (INT1) Posts: 118
    Never in all my 40 years in business have I seen a company have such disregard for its client base.  They seem to forget without clients there is no company and clients can either make or break a business.  It is very obvious that they do not care if we break it.
    They just don't want dsf back to its original condition as u know that they are covering other event on time but they are becoming selfish on fish don't know why but they are 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 25.08.2017

This is the second game that I have played long-term (over four years for the first and over three years for this one) and I grew to love both. I was totally floored when the first game closed - I had made so many friends in so many countries (some of us still exchange Christmas and birthday cards, they are like a part of my family) and I spent hours combing the internet for a similar game, where you had real-time chat. This game seemed like the answer to my prayers and I know that quite a lot of friends from the first game came here too, mostly they are in America so are on the US server.  This game filled the huge gap in my days that the loss of GoT left, it was a totally different game but that all added to the fun.  I met some great people in my first few weeks, and was lucky to be invited to join the great Turtleoats - now no longer in existence :( - where I was taught the rudiments of the game and where everyone was so helpful.  As with most games where people play in a group there were arguments and unfortunately one of those arguments caused the demise of our once great coop. I have floated around the game, joining different coops but never finding one that came near to my first one, and had decided to be a traveller with a view to helping smaller coops in the CC. I have a home base with a couple of other players where we can come and go as we please, which suits our different methods of play and the time we have to spend in the game.  I don't do a lot of the game - no temp islands, horses i do rarely, HATE missions but would have helped in the CC - and I only tinkered with the fishing so it was no great loss to me when the goalposts were moved in that part of the game.  BUT IT TOTALLY DISGUSTED ME THE WAY THAT GGS HAVE TREATED ITS PLAYERS IN THEIR RIDING ROUGH-SHOD OVER THE VERY PEOPLE WHO PAY THEIR SALARIES.  I feel that this is the second game that I am experiencing the death of, which is so sad. All anyone wanted was for the company to COMMUNICATE with us, keep us in the picture about any changes coming (the way the DSF changes were advertised seemed as if something great was going to be happening) and give people the chance to try to recoup at least some of the many $$$$ they have sitting in inventory.  It would be no harm done to GGS (in fact it would go a long way in restoring peoples trust in them) if they just got down from their high-horse and opened players inventories for a week to enable them to sell their fish.  What would GGS lose by doing that??  NOTHING !!!  In fact, they would probably win in the long run as the gold buying (which MUST have been badly hit in the last couple of weeks) would start again and there would be a much better atmosphere in both the game and in the forum.

At the beginning of this post I told you about the first game that I loved and lost.  The owners of that company decided that the game had come to the end of its viable life (it is still being played on f/book 4 years later!) so they sold it out to Disney - but not before they had held lots of gold sales to fill their coffers!  It hurts me to think that GGS are doing the same with this game, but with every new addition to the game (GoT had the same thing happen in the last few months of its being a platform game) it is getting clearer to me that this is in fact what is happening here.  I HOPE THAT I AM WRONG, AND AM WAITING PATIENTLY FOR GGS TO PROVE THAT I AM.  As in my previous game, I have met some great people and they are the reason that I am still here - albeit I am not playing as much as I did but I am still here every day.

GGS -  I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH HAVING ANOTHER GAME TAKEN AWAY FROM ME SO PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE FEELING THE SAME AS I AM BUT DONT SAY ANYTHING IN THE FORUM.  WE LOVE THIS GAME OR WE WOULDNT BE HERE, AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO LEAVE ALL MY GOOD FRIENDS THAT I HAVE MADE HERE, BUT THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH THAT A PAYING CUSTOMER WILL PUT UP WITH AND THIS PAYING CUSTOMER IS COMING TO THE END OF THEIR (INTERNET) FARMING LIFE.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    There are now two drops of water contracts??? wow well that changes everything.......I LOVE this contract! (now please "adjust" the deep sea back to how it was because happiness/fun although fake and sarcastic in this instance results in action by GGS)
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    In case you haven't seen yet... there has been an announcement with the details of the hotfix this afternoon.
    But they said its temporary
    :angry:
  • But they said its temporary
    :angry:

That's German for "Bend over just a LITTTTLE more..."  Sorry GGS, that credit card will remain glued to my wallet. No hot-mess-hot-fix is gonna bring it back out. 
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    I read the reviews and GGS, you know, we (I) don't want you to go out of business where you have to shut down the BF servers.  After all, many of us have already invested countless hours of time into this game as well as thousands of dollars over the years.  We just want you to do the right thing for us.  The "doing" is the main thing! 1. Listening without doing is meaningless = continued dissatisfied/angry customers just as 2. doing without listening is meaningless = messed up and buggy game....but 3. careful listening and careful doing will result in success for everyone.  We are all still waiting.....what will it be...#1, #2, or #3?
     a number of events across the game of late has that feeling of generating as much cash and getting ready to ditch, imo

i've no idea what goes on in GGS offices but it has the feel that the game's shelf life is seen to be in an end cycle and it's a case of get what we can before closure
  • PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) US1 Posts: 128
    Since the deep sea change I have only been able to fish for  shrimp-oysters-clams 4 spots and herring and tuna.  I have yet to have a singl order I can possibly fill. Truly how is this fair in any sense???

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I read the reviews and GGS, you know, we (I) don't want you to go out of business where you have to shut down the BF servers.  After all, many of us have already invested countless hours of time into this game as well as thousands of dollars over the years.  We just want you to do the right thing for us.  The "doing" is the main thing! 1. Listening without doing is meaningless = continued dissatisfied/angry customers just as 2. doing without listening is meaningless = messed up and buggy game....but 3. careful listening and careful doing will result in success for everyone.  We are all still waiting.....what will it be...#1, #2, or #3?
     a number of events across the game of late has that feeling of generating as much cash and getting ready to ditch, imo

i've no idea what goes on in GGS offices but it has the feel that the game's shelf life is seen to be in an end cycle and it's a case of get what we can before closure
    I agree.  Pichu leaving is just another harbinger of things to come, I'm afraid.  I wish they would see fit to turn things around on all aspects, but pigs would fly first.
  • They have closed 3 farm versions previously, as I understand. Each with no prior notice & each after their Big Gold Bonanza. I agree with so many, the DSF  was the 'Big 1'  to get many of us to get out the plastic, anxious to be members of the Billionaire Club. Now they are tweaking the servers to launch their new endeavor.
    I did invest (as massive numbers of others did) to be a member of the club,but... we were Never told membership was for a few weeks - not life-time.

Oh wait, we're closing our doors... so it was life-time
    What a sad day  :(
  • PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) US1 Posts: 128
    I guess Im just going to think about how to re-balance my farms.Im cutting out the village , fishing, and I guess horses will go because temp farms are a money drainer. There's not a good source to make income from...not that I have found.

I guess Im just going to think about how to re-balance my farms.Im cutting out the village , fishing, and I guess horses will go because temp farms are a money drainer. There's not a good source to make income from...not that I have found.

I make $5+million a day just from selling fish caught by Oleg and also the Mermaids produce.  Not a lot compared to what players were getting from the fishing fleet but a decent amount - its enabling me to buy extra plots of land. The $5+million is in addition to any other cash I get from selling produce/the boat etc so not too bad.
  • I guess Im just going to think about how to re-balance my farms.Im cutting out the village , fishing, and I guess horses will go because temp farms are a money drainer. There's not a good source to make income from...not that I have found.

I make $5+million a day just from selling fish caught by Oleg and also the Mermaids produce.  Not a lot compared to what players were getting from the fishing fleet but a decent amount - its enabling me to buy extra plots of land. The $5+million is in addition to any other cash I get from selling produce/the boat etc so not too bad.

You two are spot on with what we need to do for OUR game...it is up to each person what they choose to play in the game and what they choose to eliminate.  It is all we can do at this point and of course.... HOPE... that there will be positive changes in the future.  :)

Doesn't mean I'm going to stop complaining when there is injustice about ! o:)
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499

Hush! the enemy is listening! Walking about thinking "where the heck do they still get the money since we so nicely screwed them up on DSF?" :)
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    new contracts after today hotfix. keep this up.

Hush! the enemy is listening! Walking about thinking "where the heck do they still get the money since we so nicely screwed them up on DSF?" :)

Ooops sorry - we will have to hope that no-one from GGS is reading anything from this thread any more !
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    Looks like this thread has petered out...... :'( 
Sign In to comment.